Volleyball 2007

Postby fish » Thu Nov 30, 2006 8:56 pm

Any ideas on some of the top VB teams coming up next year?
fish
NDPreps Reserve

Postby vballfan06 » Wed Jan 03, 2007 11:43 pm

Here would be my picks for class B:

Region 1: Lisbon (they return pretty much everyone from the state tournament team)

Kindred, Central Cass, and Oakes (Kathy Warren always has competitive teams)

Region 2: I think is wide-open: Park River (they have Jenny Heggen), Thompson, MPCG, and Hillsboro

Region 3: who knows, that region is so weak... probably between Steele, Linton, and LaMoure

Region 4: North Star and Langdon

Region 5: Center-Stanton

Region 6: it'll be a battle between Kenmare, Bottineau, and Our Redeemer's---I think this will be the toughest region in the state.

Region 7: Beulah, Hazen, Dickinson Trinity

Region 8: Tioga, Divide County, Watford City, and Ray

I realize alot of these teams graduate a lot of talent, but it seems in Class B volleyball the same coaches are successful year after year.  I think there's alot of Class B coaches with very little volleyball knowledge, which is why you see most of the same teams at the top, year after year.
vballfan06
NDPreps Starter

Postby Baller » Thu Jan 04, 2007 5:41 am

I'll take Fargo South to win the East and maybe even Class A
"I'm going to take my ball and go home!"
Baller
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby play_d_shoot3 » Sun Jan 14, 2007 5:46 pm

Centuries JV team was very good this year, with many of them actually playing a lot of varsity, so you have to look at them to be pretty competitive, and i don't know much about the east, but west fargo should be pretty good also with them only losing 1 senior if i am correct anyway...minot should be good also but you can never count out teams like dickinson, fargo south, and fargo north....
play_d_shoot3
NDPreps Reserve

Postby play_d_shoot3 » Mon Jan 15, 2007 2:14 pm

talk about male egos, have to make yourself feel better so you bash girls? haha wow good one
play_d_shoot3
NDPreps Reserve

Postby cdub1 » Mon Jan 15, 2007 3:46 pm

see that is exactly what bothers me about this site people come on here just to say stupid things if you dont care about the topic leave it ALONE!!!!!!

id rather die like a man than live like a coward becuz a coward dies a thousand deaths
cdub1
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby carolina-bb » Mon Feb 12, 2007 5:22 pm

i completely agree with cdub if you don't care, then why even look at the topic anyway?
carolina-bb

Postby kgmvp8807 » Thu Feb 22, 2007 6:32 am

froggy wrote:who cares about volleyball and north dakota girl sports

id have to say u do if ur on a girls volleyball message board. or were u just here looking for pictures of high school girls who play volleyball?
kgmvp8807

Postby tjb1 » Thu Feb 22, 2007 6:51 am

vballfan06 wrote:Here would be my picks for class B:

Region 1: Lisbon (they return pretty much everyone from the state tournament team)

Kindred, Central Cass, and Oakes (Kathy Warren always has competitive teams)

Region 2: I think is wide-open: Park River (they have Jenny Heggen), Thompson, MPCG, and Hillsboro

Region 3: who knows, that region is so weak... probably between Steele, Linton, and LaMoure

Region 4: North Star and Langdon

Region 5: Center-Stanton

Region 6: it'll be a battle between Kenmare, Bottineau, and Our Redeemer's---I think this will be the toughest region in the state.

Region 7: Beulah, Hazen, Dickinson Trinity

Region 8: Tioga, Divide County, Watford City, and Ray

I realize alot of these teams graduate a lot of talent, but it seems in Class B volleyball the same coaches are successful year after year.  I think there's alot of Class B coaches with very little volleyball knowledge, which is why you see most of the same teams at the top, year after year.

In region 3 - I agree it's not a real strong VB region, but I wonder if you couldn't add LMM to the mix.  Region 6 and Region 2 are tough to predict but I have to say that's because both regions put out a lot of good volleyball.  It's not just limited to a dynasty in each area - everyone benefits from the high level they see throughout the year and you see a lot of good state-level teams come tournament time.    

And about you people who say who cares?  Why in the world do you click on the topic when you see clearly what it's about?  Go find something better to do with your time.
tjb1

Postby region1 football » Tue Mar 20, 2007 5:00 pm

Is there any seniors from this past year that are going to play in college? If so who and where.
region1 football
NDPreps Starter

Postby rep » Tue Mar 20, 2007 5:02 pm

region1 football wrote:Is there any seniors from this past year that are going to play in college? If so who and where.

i've been waiting to see where ellendale's val glynn is going to go...she is a heckuva player. haven't heard anything on it though.
rep

Postby Baller » Tue Mar 20, 2007 5:29 pm

South's Janna Deyle is going to NDSU.
Baller
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby Carl08 » Wed Mar 21, 2007 6:15 am

even though they lose Janna and Kirsten South will probably make some noise next year...they have one of the best coaches in the state and the numbers and talent to win a state title
A computer once beat me at chess, but it was no match for me at kick boxing.
Emo Philips
Carl08
NDPreps Starter

Postby Baller » Wed Mar 21, 2007 6:33 am

Carl08 wrote:even though they lose Janna and Kirsten South will probably make some noise next year...they have one of the best coaches in the state and the numbers and talent to win a state title

Insert Siri Burk for Janna and Kate Molbert for Kirsten and if they can find a setter, they are going to be very good.
Baller
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby NATURAL TALENT » Thu Mar 22, 2007 8:08 am

Minnewaukan and Leeds will be co-oping in Volleyball in 2007. They will have some very good athletes.
NATURAL TALENT
NDPreps All-State

Postby vballfan06 » Thu Mar 22, 2007 7:54 pm

They have to beat Langdon though. They're going for a decade straight of state tourney appearances.  Plus North Star returns alot of their line-up.
vballfan06
NDPreps Starter

Postby play_d_shoot3 » Sun Apr 08, 2007 9:08 am

I am not sure on Class B girls but Dickinson High's Kate Steffan is going to Colorado and Paige Nash is going to University of Montana
play_d_shoot3
NDPreps Reserve

Postby vbcoach05 » Sun Apr 08, 2007 6:42 pm

I'm thinking, and hoping, that this year might be different! Talent has been spreading out amongst different schools, mostly in the East! But I think class "B" volleyball might be seeing some new faces as powerhouses this year!

Here are my picks for top 1, 2, 3, 4, or 5 teams in each region...haha:

Region 1: Lisbon has basically the same team next year so I'm almost expecting a second straight State Tournament berth!

Region 2: This is probably the TOUGHEST region in the state for volleyball. They always bring out very strong teams to each tournament and produce very good district and region championship matches, unlike most other regions! The have been represented well for the past few years and have taken the past 4 or 5 (not sure on how many) straight state championships! But I think the normal powerhouses will not be the same this year. May-Port CG is always good, no matter what. They will be a tough team to play this year! Lisa Strand always can produce a strong Thompson squad each year so expect them to contend no matter who plays! Hillsboro loses so many girls that I don't think they will be able to produce like they did last year. Hatton-Northwood is always counted out, eventhough they have had a very strong program for the past 3 years! Park River-FL will definately be a great team next year! I think a team that everyone is counting out because of their weak tradition is Central Valley! They lose only 2 players, and have been playing extremely well! I think they might surprise some people!

Region 3: A very weak volleyball region but I'm thinking maybe Linton or LaMoure?

Region 4: Langdon, hands down! Their program has not been touched by that region forever!

Region 5: I agree with Center-Stanton

Region 6: I think it'll be between Kenmare and Bottineau. Bottineau has been so good for a long time and I think since losing the State Championship 3-0 to Thompson in 2005 they are really hungry to get back to state!

Region 7: Hazen or Dickinson Trinity. Probably Hazen because Trinity seems to not show up to regionals?

Region 8: Probably between Divide County and Watford City!

Next season will be very interesting and I'm excited to see who comes out on top! Good luck to all the teams next year!!!
vbcoach05
NDPreps Rookie

Postby vballfan06 » Sun Apr 08, 2007 8:58 pm

I guess I don't really understand the Hazen/D. Trinity comment.  Trinity returns the bulk of their talent, and Hazen loses pretty much their entire starting line-up.  Same thing with Watford City in region 8...they lost in the first round of the region tournament, and don't return a single starter.
vballfan06
NDPreps Starter

Postby luvmy3gbb1wr » Mon Apr 16, 2007 2:47 am

Val Glynn is going to Concordia for VB and track
luvmy3gbb1wr
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby demonfan74 » Mon Apr 16, 2007 11:31 am

For class A, williston will take it.
demonfan74
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby play_d_shoot3 » Tue Apr 17, 2007 11:20 am

i dont think so....they only have hicks and rachel henessey back
play_d_shoot3
NDPreps Reserve

Postby Number7 » Tue Apr 17, 2007 4:50 pm

West Fargo, last year's EDC champions, will win the East and make a great run at state. They only lost one senior and will be led by Jamie Green.
"Pressure makes diamonds"
Number7
NDPreps All-State

Postby 2424 » Mon Apr 30, 2007 10:29 am

for the up coming season i think the power will be in the east
"when in Rome"
NDPreps Reserve

Postby luvmy3gbb1wr » Tue May 01, 2007 6:31 am

i dunno ----bismarck, minot, bis mar st mary, are all returning quite a few players.....jamestown is improving.........west isn't going to be a pushover
luvmy3gbb1wr
NDPreps All-Conference

Next

Return to Volleyball