Volleyball 2007

Postby Baller » Tue May 01, 2007 6:41 am

luvmy3gbb1wr wrote:i dunno ----bismarck, minot, bis mar st mary, are all returning quite a few players.....jamestown is improving.........west isn't going to be a pushover

st. mary's can return all they want...the only team the could beat last year was Belcourt.
"I'm going to take my ball and go home!"
Baller
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby play_d_shoot3 » Sat May 12, 2007 1:28 pm

Yeah...although I don't think the west till dominate this year as it has in the past couple years...

It should be a fun season to see who steps up and decides to play next year....
play_d_shoot3
NDPreps Reserve

Postby fish » Sat Aug 11, 2007 2:22 pm

I think Mott/Regent should be considered a threat in Region 7, they haven't had  VB as a program for as many years as the other schools. They return 5 out of their 6 starters from last year and will make a roar in the regional tourney!
fish
NDPreps Reserve

Postby project-pat » Sat Aug 11, 2007 2:31 pm

fish wrote:I think Mott/Regent should be considered a threat in Region 7, they haven't had  VB as a program for as many years as the other schools. They return 5 out of their 6 starters from last year and will make a roar in the regional tourney!

is M/R the only team you watch?
project-pat

Postby vballfan06 » Sun Aug 12, 2007 9:39 am

Mott/Regent doesn't have a dominant offensive player---for that reason, they can't beat Trinity. Trinity returns way too much, and their kids know how to get to a state tournament.  Add in bowman, hazen, and beulah and a successful season will be making the regional semis.
vballfan06
NDPreps Starter

Postby fish » Fri Aug 17, 2007 8:28 pm

For starters I believe that Trinity will be strong as usual, but i Don't think that they are unstoppable by any means. M/R does have a very strong offensive player in Emily Krauter, she was an all region selection last year and at DSU's VB camp recieved outstanding outside hitter award. Beulah will be good , but will struggle after the lose of Kayla Schmidt. She did everything on that team she was a passer, digger, setter, and hitter. Not saying they won't be good, but it will be a whole new world without her. Hazen lost most of their starting lineup and was supposed to be a top contendor last year, however they lost 2nd round of regionals! I think that this region is one of the toughest regions for most sports and i believe that at the end of the year  we will all be suprised by who comes out on top!
fish
NDPreps Reserve

Postby vballfan06 » Sat Aug 25, 2007 10:10 am

well, i wouldn't mind seeing you be right. it'd be nice to see some new teams join the mix at the state volleyball tournament.  the powers of hazen, trinity, bottineau, langdon, MPCG, thompson----at least 3 of them seem to be in it every single year.  it'd be nice to see some new teams join the top ranks---i still just do not see them knocking off trinity.
vballfan06
NDPreps Starter

Postby fish » Sun Aug 26, 2007 7:13 pm

Mott/Regent just won the Killdeer Invitationa Volleyball Tournament on Friday! Trinity won the Watford City Tournament, congrats to both teams! Look for these two teams to be possible Region 7 winners!
fish
NDPreps Reserve

Postby vballfan06 » Mon Aug 27, 2007 9:04 am

c'mon now. the killdeer tournament is about equivalent to the trinity christian one in williston.  a decent jv team would have a shot at winning it.
vballfan06
NDPreps Starter

Postby Baller » Mon Aug 27, 2007 2:47 pm

What's the story on Red River's 6'1 transfer??
Baller
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby wahoo » Tue Aug 28, 2007 7:42 pm

project-pat wrote:
fish wrote:I think Mott/Regent should be considered a threat in Region 7, they haven't had  VB as a program for as many years as the other schools. They return 5 out of their 6 starters from last year and will make a roar in the regional tourney!

is M/R the only team you watch?

I see on the news Bowman beat Mott/Regent 3-2 tonight
wahoo

Postby loveclassB BB » Wed Aug 29, 2007 7:07 am

Region 5 will be a battle between Center/Stanton and Turtle Lake/Mercer.  Center has Bubel and Miller...Borneman can put the ball down too.  TL-M returns 5 starters and has the experience of 3 seniors (Rahauser, Lee, Anderson) who have played varsity since freshman year when they went to state.  Also TLM has a new sophomore this year...tall and very, very talented.  Bottom line, they have 2 experienced setters and the top 6 can all put the ball down hard.  It will be a fun season for both teams...excited to watch this anticipated match up!
loveclassB BB
NDPreps Rookie

Postby Number7 » Thu Sep 06, 2007 8:17 am

West fargo is a very impresssive 8-1 (2-0) EDC after a victory over south last week where they came back to improve to 2-0 in EDC  this weekend they travel to marshall, mn for a pretty tough tourney so we will see how they do
"Pressure makes diamonds"
Number7
NDPreps All-State

Postby luvmy3gbb1wr » Fri Sep 14, 2007 3:31 am

Big VB tourney in Valley this weekend......DT, Langdon, etc., should really be some really great matchups.
luvmy3gbb1wr
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby Number7 » Fri Sep 14, 2007 12:11 pm

WF went 2-2 in the Marshall, MN tourney against some very tough teams and lost their opener to the eventual champion Lakeville, but rebounded the next day with wins against Fergus Falls and Willmar. 

Big EDC match-up between 4-1 GFRR and 3-0 WF sat. night
Number7
NDPreps All-State

Postby luvmy3gbb1wr » Mon Sep 17, 2007 4:47 am

Valley City Optimist tourney results:

1) LaMoure - repeat champs

2) Lakota

3) dude Trinity

4) Rich - Taylor

other teams in champ bracket: Killdeer, FSHP, Oak Grove, Lisbon, No Cass, Kindred, Langdon, Enderlin

Central Cass & Maple Valley met in the consolation tourney championship - Central Cass won

other teams in cons tourney: Carrington, Griggs County, Hillsboro, Central Valley, Oakes, BCN, Hatton-Northwood, Maddock, Jmst JV, Midkota
luvmy3gbb1wr
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby Number7 » Mon Sep 17, 2007 5:15 am

West Fargo defeated GFRR 3 games to 1 and has sole possesion of first place after defeating the 2nd (Fargo South) and 3rd place (GFRR) teams
Number7
NDPreps All-State

Postby Baller » Mon Sep 17, 2007 3:45 pm

Number7 wrote:West Fargo defeated GFRR 3 games to 1 and has sole possesion of first place after defeating the 2nd (Fargo South) and 3rd place (GFRR) teams

Too bad that no one wants to root for them because of their coach and how she back stabbed Peterson.
Baller
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby luvmy3gbb1wr » Tue Sep 18, 2007 8:35 am

Is there vb state rankings? there's one for fb, gbb, bbb, wr, cc, and everythings else.....but i never see one posted anywhere?
luvmy3gbb1wr
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby rep » Tue Sep 18, 2007 8:37 am

luvmy3gbb1wr wrote:Is there vb state rankings? there's one for fb, gbb, bbb, wr, cc, and everythings else.....but i never see one posted anywhere?

not to my knowledge.
rep

Postby vballfan06 » Tue Sep 18, 2007 7:23 pm

there used to be one, maybe even for just one year---in the last 90s. But nothing since.
vballfan06
NDPreps Starter

Postby luvmy3gbb1wr » Wed Sep 19, 2007 3:36 am

you should start one, rep:D  lol
luvmy3gbb1wr
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby rep » Wed Sep 19, 2007 7:22 am

honestly, it surprises me there isn't one. but i don't know if i'd be the right guy to handle that...it would take a lot of work and i think an outlet with a few more people to pick up the slack for the work that goes into it would probably be better served taking it. 

one problem i can see right away: it seems like some coaches keep track of their records differently...some factor it by matches won, i've run across some that go by games won, some just go by district wins and losses and of course there are some that just don't keep track.

i kind of expected that when volleyball moved to the fall the sport as a whole would take off a bit...i figured when it wasn't going up against boys' basketball the interest in it would grow. about the only volleyball matches i get to are in town, has anyone else seen that or has it stayed the same or dropped?
Last edited by rep on Wed Sep 19, 2007 7:24 am, edited 1 time in total.
rep

Postby Baller » Wed Sep 19, 2007 7:31 am

rep wrote:honestly, it surprises me there isn't one. but i don't know if i'd be the right guy to handle that...it would take a lot of work and i think an outlet with a few more people to pick up the slack for the work that goes into it would probably be better served taking it. 

one problem i can see right away: it seems like some coaches keep track of their records differently...some factor it by matches won, i've run across some that go by games won, some just go by district wins and losses and of course there are some that just don't keep track.

i kind of expected that when volleyball moved to the fall the sport as a whole would take off a bit...i figured when it wasn't going up against boys' basketball the interest in it would grow. about the only volleyball matches i get to are in town, has anyone else seen that or has it stayed the same or dropped?

I have a seen a lot more interest in it especially class A...more ATHLETES are playing the fall sport rather than taking the winter off.
Baller
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby Number7 » Wed Sep 19, 2007 2:26 pm

Baller wrote:
Number7 wrote:West Fargo defeated GFRR 3 games to 1 and has sole possesion of first place after defeating the 2nd (Fargo South) and 3rd place (GFRR) teams

Too bad that no one wants to root for them because of their coach and how she back stabbed Peterson.

Thye have a group of guys who gets really into the games and has some great cheers.  The whole coach thing is really a bad situation but the girls havent been affected are a playing great. 
Number7
NDPreps All-State

PreviousNext

Return to Volleyball