Volleyball 2007

Re: Volleyball 2007

Postby EDC » Fri Nov 02, 2007 4:50 pm

South and West Fargo are a cut above the rest of the East. That said, Red River just took WF to five games and Shanley proved tougher than WF thought. Pretty sure these four teams will make it to state. I have been very impressed with South. I wouldn't be surprised if South won the East. It is not a certainty that South and WF will play for the championship.
Bismarck looked very good when I watched them. I don't see a clear favorite at the state tournament. Should be a lot of fun to watch. The West killed the East in the early season games but things evened out at the 2nd East/West tournament. It is conceivable that any of the eight teams that make it to state could win it. In my humble opinion.
You gotta believe
EDC
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby Number7 » Sat Nov 03, 2007 11:16 pm

West Fargo is better than south plain and simple. They swept them handily last time they played and I believe it is a tribute to how good the team really is when we give other teams credit for taking them to four or even five games. South is a really good team and will meet WF in the EDC championship. The west also looks pretty solid, although the west may have dominate the early season tourney WF dominated the west and has beaten everyone in the WDA. South can beat all of these teams too and I really see these two teams meeting in the state championship, especially with all the student support they both receive and state is in the eastern part of the state (jamestown). I dont mean any respect to the west but from what I know I just dont think its their year.
"Pressure makes diamonds"
Number7
NDPreps All-State

Postby Baller » Sun Nov 04, 2007 12:12 am

Number7 wrote:West Fargo is better than south plain and simple. They swept them handily last time they played and I believe it is a tribute to how good the team really is when we give other teams credit for taking them to four or even five games. South is a really good team and will meet WF in the EDC championship. The west also looks pretty solid, although the west may have dominate the early season tourney WF dominated the west and has beaten everyone in the WDA. South can beat all of these teams too and I really see these two teams meeting in the state championship, especially with all the student support they both receive and state is in the eastern part of the state (jamestown). I dont mean any respect to the west but from what I know I just dont think its their year.

Jamestown is a west school
"I'm going to take my ball and go home!"
Baller
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby Number7 » Sun Nov 04, 2007 12:59 pm

Baller wrote:
Number7 wrote:West Fargo is better than south plain and simple. They swept them handily last time they played and I believe it is a tribute to how good the team really is when we give other teams credit for taking them to four or even five games. South is a really good team and will meet WF in the EDC championship. The west also looks pretty solid, although the west may have dominate the early season tourney WF dominated the west and has beaten everyone in the WDA. South can beat all of these teams too and I really see these two teams meeting in the state championship, especially with all the student support they both receive and state is in the [b]eastern part of the state (jamestown).[/b] I dont mean any respect to the west but from what I know I just dont think its their year.

Jamestown is a west school

Thats why I put "eastern part of the state"
Number7
NDPreps All-State

Postby EDC » Mon Nov 05, 2007 3:06 pm

West Fargo is very good but the games I saw I was more impressed with South. Just my opinion. Where losing a game or two comes into play is WF loses focus every now and then. Lose a game or two in the tournament and the other team gains confidence. Some of the teams WF will be playing are pretty good themselves and if they get hot and WF is playing just average WF might get beat. I would be a little concerned if I were a WF fan that they didn't "put teams away" like they should have late in the season. They left a little bit of hope in some teams. WF will probably win and I predict they will but it wouldn't be a huge upset to see them get knocked off.
You gotta believe
EDC
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby Number7 » Tue Nov 06, 2007 3:19 pm

You also have to remember its hard to play perfectly and at the top of your game every set of every match, nearly impossible actually. Plus, WF see's the best of every team they play because that team is gunning for that top team. Those girls are so focused right now on hitting that goal its kinda scary, and they get so jacked to play the top teams like south (3-0 last time) I just dont see any major problems at EDC and maybe even state.
Number7
NDPreps All-State

Postby Baller » Tue Nov 06, 2007 3:20 pm

Number7 wrote:You also have to remember its hard to play perfectly and at the top of your game every set of every match, nearly impossible actually. Plus, WF see's the best of every team they play because that team is gunning for that top team. Those girls are so focused right now on hitting that goal its kinda scary, and they get so jacked to play the top teams like south (3-0 last time) I just dont see any major problems at EDC and maybe even state.

Now you are getting awefully cocky...the last east-west didn't pan out so well for wf
Baller
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby Number7 » Wed Nov 07, 2007 10:02 pm

I didnt mean for it to look that cocky as i read it again, but basically EDC championship will be WF and South and I really see WF winning. They have beaten everyone out east so I like their odds. They havent gotten ahead of themselves like i did there. For everyone who knocked Pierson for the whole coaching incident, its in the past and one thing is for sure she can coach and has the girls ready to play.

Anyone has some good info on the west teams?
Number7
NDPreps All-State

Postby EDC » Thu Nov 08, 2007 9:35 pm

South looked sluggish and lost a game to Valley City. The other favorites won in three. RR had an easy time with DL and South better play better tomorrow against RR or lookout South. WF should beat Shanley but don't be surprised if it goes 4 or 5 games. Still say there is more than slight chance that WF and South won't play for the championship Saturday.
You gotta believe
EDC
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby lisbon bronco fan » Thu Nov 08, 2007 11:45 pm

Lisbon wins 3-2 over Oak Gvove
lisbon bronco fan

Postby luvmy3gbb1wr » Fri Nov 09, 2007 12:08 am

lamoure defeats linton 3-0
luvmy3gbb1wr
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby Baller » Fri Nov 09, 2007 12:17 am

EDC wrote:South looked sluggish and lost a game to Valley City. The other favorites won in three. RR had an easy time with DL and South better play better tomorrow against RR or lookout South. WF should beat Shanley but don't be surprised if it goes 4 or 5 games. Still say there is more than slight chance that WF and South won't play for the championship Saturday.

I dont think that WF is going to have a problem with Shanley...RR is going to come out and play having lost to South twice. Wouth is going to have to be WAY better than they were tonight.
Baller
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby EDC » Fri Nov 09, 2007 9:03 pm

I guess you guys were right. WF manhandled Shanley!
You gotta believe
EDC
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby Baller » Fri Nov 09, 2007 11:10 pm

EDC wrote:I guess you guys were right. WF manhandled Shanley!

Predictions for tomorrow...RR over north in 3
Shanley over DL in 5
Baller
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Previous

Return to Volleyball