Region Tourney Predictions

Region Tourney Predictions

Postby Run4Fun2009 » Tue Nov 04, 2014 1:32 pm

Since Region tourneys are starting up next week...what's your predictions for teams qualifying for State??
Run4Fun2009
NDPreps The King

Re: Region Tourney Predictions

Postby sportsphenom » Wed Nov 05, 2014 2:52 pm

Run4Fun2009 wrote:Since Region tourneys are starting up next week...what's your predictions for teams qualifying for State??

I'll give it a shot, don't know much about the western teams but I'll throw my guess out there.

1. Northern Cass- I know Hankinson is coming into this tournament undefeated but they have had no competition.
2. Thompson- past success carries them
3. LaMoure- freshman sensation Holen puts the team on her back and they defeat Linton for the 2nd year in a row
4. North Star- hard to defend 2 middle monsters
5. Shiloh, could easily be Grant County though if Miss Bentz has anything to say about it.
6. Our Redeemers
7. Beulah
8. Ray- this is the Region I know nothing about but Ray has been there before so they have that on their side.
Last edited by sportsphenom on Wed Nov 05, 2014 4:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
sportsphenom
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby Run4Fun2009 » Wed Nov 05, 2014 4:31 pm

Ordered by Probability

Region 1: Northern Cass, Oak Grove, Central Cass, Kindred, Hankinson
Region 2: Thompson, Hillsboro-Central Valley, Hatton-Northwood
Region 3: LaMoure, Linton-HMB, Carrington, Oakes, Napoleon-GS
Region 4: North Star, Langdon
Region 5: Shiloh Christian, Grant County, Center-Stanton
Region 6: Our Redeemer's, Bishop Ryan, Mohall-Lansford-Sherwood, Des Lacs-Burlington
Region 7: Beulah, Hazen, Dickinson Trinity
Region 8: Watford City, Kenmare, Stanley, Ray, Powers Lake, Burke County (really just draw the team out of a hat-type of region)
Run4Fun2009
NDPreps The King

Postby d_fense » Wed Nov 05, 2014 11:54 pm

sportsphenom wrote:
Run4Fun2009 wrote:Since Region tourneys are starting up next week...what's your predictions for teams qualifying for State??

I'll give it a shot, don't know much about the western teams but I'll throw my guess out there.

1. Northern Cass- I know Hankinson is coming into this tournament undefeated but they have had no competition.2. Thompson- past success carries them
3. LaMoure- freshman sensation Holen puts the team on her back and they defeat Linton for the 2nd year in a row
5. Shiloh, could easily be Grant County though if Miss Bentz has anything to say about it.
6. Our Redeemers
7. Beulah
8. Ray- this is the Region I know nothing about but Ray has been there before so they have that on their side.

I wouldn't argue that Hankinson hasn't played the strongest schedule this year, but they are 5 games to 0 vs. the District #2 seed Oak Grove and 6 games to 1 vs. District #4 Kindred. I'm not saying Hankinson will take the tourney, but they can only play who is on their schedule.
d_fense
NDPreps All-State

Postby Run4Fun2009 » Thu Nov 06, 2014 12:01 am

d_fense wrote:
sportsphenom wrote:

1. Northern Cass- I know Hankinson is coming into this tournament undefeated but they have had no competition.2. Thompson- past success carries them
6. Our Redeemers
7. Beulah

I wouldn't argue that Hankinson hasn't played the strongest schedule this year, but they are 5 games to 0 vs. the District #2 seed Oak Grove and 6 games to 1 vs. District #4 Kindred. I'm not saying Hankinson will take the tourney, but they can only play who is on their schedule.

How is Hankinson 5-0 & 6-1 against those teams...they've only faced Oak Grove once (3-0 - first match of year) & Kindred twice (3-1 - 2nd match of year & 2-0 in Tourney). Those are the two toughest ND teams they've faced this year (Hawley in Tourney is toughest MN team).
Run4Fun2009
NDPreps The King

Postby d_fense » Thu Nov 06, 2014 10:36 am

Run4Fun2009 wrote:
d_fense wrote:
sportsphenom wrote:

6. Our Redeemers
7. Beulah

How is Hankinson 5-0 & 6-1 against those teams...they've only faced Oak Grove once (3-0 - first match of year) & Kindred twice (3-1 - 2nd match of year & 2-0 in Tourney). Those are the two toughest ND teams they've faced this year (Hawley in Tourney is toughest MN team).

I got my info from Max Preps. On that site it shows Hankinson beating Oak Grove 3-0 on Aug 29th and 2-0 on Sept. 6th.

Sept. 2nd they beat Kindred 3-1 in Kindred and Oct 27th they beat Kindred 3-0 in Hankinson.

The numbers I found may or may not be accurate. I do tend to put some faith in them because normally they are entered by coaches (when they bother to enter them) but they are human and do make mistakes.

I think you can make an argument that Sargent Central is in the same class as Oak Grove and KIndred. Sargent Central tied Northern Cass 1-1, beat Oak Grove 3-1 and lost to Central Cass 1-3 this season (from what I found on Max Preps).
d_fense
NDPreps All-State

Postby 14OldSchool » Thu Nov 06, 2014 10:50 am

This was in the Grand Forks Herald today. Just some good info

http://www.grandforksherald.com/content ... alley-fall
"You are in the Army. You're in my Army. Everyday between three and five." - Coach Norman Dale
14OldSchool
NDPreps Reserve

Postby Run4Fun2009 » Thu Nov 06, 2014 12:48 pm

d_fense wrote:
Run4Fun2009 wrote:
d_fense wrote:
sportsphenom wrote:

6. Our Redeemers
7. Beulah

I got my info from Max Preps. On that site it shows Hankinson beating Oak Grove 3-0 on Aug 29th and 2-0 on Sept. 6th.

Sept. 2nd they beat Kindred 3-1 in Kindred and Oct 27th they beat Kindred 3-0 in Hankinson.

The numbers I found may or may not be accurate. I do tend to put some faith in them because normally they are entered by coaches (when they bother to enter them) but they are human and do make mistakes.

I think you can make an argument that Sargent Central is in the same class as Oak Grove and KIndred. Sargent Central tied Northern Cass 1-1, beat Oak Grove 3-1 and lost to Central Cass 1-3 this season (from what I found on Max Preps).

The numbers on OG & Kindred aren't accurate for Hankinson. For more accurate numbers use northdakota-scores.net
Run4Fun2009
NDPreps The King

Return to Volleyball