Fan Poll #3 - 2012

Fan Poll #3 - 2012

Postby Run4Fun2009 » Sun Sep 30, 2012 10:32 pm

FAN POLL #3
September 30th

CLASS A (11 voters)
1. Century (5) 48
2. Fargo North (4) 37
3. Fargo Davies (2) 33
4. Dickinson 30
5. GF Red River 7

Others Receiving Votes: Jamestown 6, Fargo Shanley 3, Bismarck 1.

CLASS B (11 voters)
1. Midkota (3) 101
2. Kindred (3) 88
3. Oak Grove (3) 87
4. Central Cass (1) 84
5. Carrington 50
6. Our Redeemer's 47
7. Langdon 42
8. Ray (1) 35
9. Kenmare 31
10. Thompson 23

Others Receiving Votes: Hatton-Northwood 11, Oakes 2, Linton-HMB 2, Grant County 2.
Email ND HS Scores to: ndhsscores at yahoo
Follow ND HS Scores (NDScores) on Twitter
Find Scores/Schedules/Standings: http://www.northdakota-scores.net
THANKS!
User avatar
Run4Fun2009
NDPreps The King
 
Posts: 14107
Joined: Thu Aug 13, 2009 5:06 pm

Re: Fan Poll #3 - 2012

Postby ClassBEast » Thu Oct 04, 2012 9:38 am

Central Cass has some big games coming up... #3 Oak Grove tonight, #2 Kindred next Friday, and hopefully a chance to meet up with #1 Midkota again at this weekend's Des Lacs Burlington tourney. CC just beat #10 Thompson 3-1 and play #9 Kenmare in pool play of this weekend's tourney. Should be some great matches!
ClassBEast
NDPreps Hall of Fame
 
Posts: 1008
Joined: Thu Feb 08, 2007 10:00 am
Location: North Dakota, , USA

Re: Fan Poll #3 - 2012

Postby gameplayer » Sat Oct 06, 2012 10:59 pm

ClassBEast wrote:Central Cass has some big games coming up... #3 Oak Grove tonight, #2 Kindred next Friday, and hopefully a chance to meet up with #1 Midkota again at this weekend's Des Lacs Burlington tourney. CC just beat #10 Thompson 3-1 and play #9 Kenmare in pool play of this weekend's tourney. Should be some great matches!


Watched Central Cass today. Was disappointed in their play. Gonna have to tighten the defense up to move out of Region 1.
gameplayer
NDPreps Starter
 
Posts: 97
Joined: Tue Dec 07, 2010 10:03 pm

Re: Fan Poll #3 - 2012

Postby NDclassBdad » Mon Oct 08, 2012 8:49 am

In the results i saw that CC lost to Langdon and Thompson in the tourney this weekend......was shocked to say the least. Were they missing anyone? anyone see the games?
NDclassBdad
NDPreps Reserve
 
Posts: 38
Joined: Thu Aug 16, 2012 9:22 pm

Re: Fan Poll #3 - 2012

Postby ClassBEast » Mon Oct 08, 2012 9:49 am

NDclassBdad wrote:In the results i saw that CC lost to Langdon and Thompson in the tourney this weekend......was shocked to say the least. Were they missing anyone? anyone see the games?


Nope, they weren't missing anyone, they just played poorly. Lots of hitting errors, lots of lifts called that we don't typically see, setting issues... CC plays 12 girls, so there could be some more subbing if someone is struggling but it doesn't typically happen. Hopefully, during the post-season, CC will get things figured out.

And neither Thompson or Langdon are bad teams. Thompson may not have the best hitters but they are scrappy and dig everything up. Volleyball is a game of runs. Once you get on a bad run, it's hard to dig yourself out of it. CC is going to have to get better about stopping the runs if they want to make it to state again this year. They are undefeated in the district with just Kindred and Maple Valley left to play. The game on Friday against Kindred will be an exciting one for sure.
ClassBEast
NDPreps Hall of Fame
 
Posts: 1008
Joined: Thu Feb 08, 2007 10:00 am
Location: North Dakota, , USA

Re: Fan Poll #3 - 2012

Postby Run4Fun2009 » Mon Oct 08, 2012 9:55 am

ClassBEast wrote:
NDclassBdad wrote:In the results i saw that CC lost to Langdon and Thompson in the tourney this weekend......was shocked to say the least. Were they missing anyone? anyone see the games?


Nope, they weren't missing anyone, they just played poorly. Lots of hitting errors, lots of lifts called that we don't typically see, setting issues... CC plays 12 girls, so there could be some more subbing if someone is struggling but it doesn't typically happen. Hopefully, during the post-season, CC will get things figured out.

And neither Thompson or Langdon are bad teams. Thompson may not have the best hitters but they are scrappy and dig everything up. Volleyball is a game of runs. Once you get on a bad run, it's hard to dig yourself out of it. CC is going to have to get better about stopping the runs if they want to make it to state again this year. They are undefeated in the district with just Kindred and Maple Valley left to play. The game on Friday against Kindred will be an exciting one for sure.


I would agree...if you don't have anything to do on Friday night (and are in the area) I would suggest checking out the Central Cass @ Kindred VB game!
Email ND HS Scores to: ndhsscores at yahoo
Follow ND HS Scores (NDScores) on Twitter
Find Scores/Schedules/Standings: http://www.northdakota-scores.net
THANKS!
User avatar
Run4Fun2009
NDPreps The King
 
Posts: 14107
Joined: Thu Aug 13, 2009 5:06 pm

Re: Fan Poll #3 - 2012

Postby maddog1971 » Mon Oct 08, 2012 11:10 am

Only if Kindred gets healthy before game. It is not looking to good right now but hopefully everybody is healthy by tournament time.
maddog1971
NDPreps Starter
 
Posts: 92
Joined: Mon Jan 30, 2012 10:56 am

Re: Fan Poll #3 - 2012

Postby Baller » Mon Oct 08, 2012 11:22 am

maddog1971 wrote:Only if Kindred gets healthy before game. It is not looking to good right now but hopefully everybody is healthy by tournament time.


Did something happen this weekend? They looked good on Friday and ran into some good Class A teams on Saturday. They are a really fun team to watch.
"I'm going to take my ball and go home!"
User avatar
Baller
NDPreps Hall of Fame
 
Posts: 1843
Joined: Tue Nov 07, 2006 2:40 pm
Location: Eastern North Dakota, ,

Re: Fan Poll #3 - 2012

Postby maddog1971 » Tue Oct 09, 2012 8:26 am

yep...Two of the main kids are out.... one ankle that could be ok by Friday and one knee that might be done for the year.
maddog1971
NDPreps Starter
 
Posts: 92
Joined: Mon Jan 30, 2012 10:56 am

Re: Fan Poll #3 - 2012

Postby ClassBEast » Tue Oct 09, 2012 8:49 am

maddog1971 wrote:yep...Two of the main kids are out.... one ankle that could be ok by Friday and one knee that might be done for the year.


Who?

Faith Dooley (CC) has a concussion and won't be playing on Friday either.
ClassBEast
NDPreps Hall of Fame
 
Posts: 1008
Joined: Thu Feb 08, 2007 10:00 am
Location: North Dakota, , USA

Re: Fan Poll #3 - 2012

Postby NDclassBdad » Tue Oct 09, 2012 8:58 am

I heard Schmidt rolled her ankle at the tournament. Is the knee your talking about Laura Podolak?
NDclassBdad
NDPreps Reserve
 
Posts: 38
Joined: Thu Aug 16, 2012 9:22 pm

Re: Fan Poll #3 - 2012

Postby maddog1971 » Tue Oct 09, 2012 1:09 pm

yep.. those two... had not heard about Faith... that is really to bad. I was hoping both teams would be at full strength. They always make a great match. Will still be a great game to be at. Last year at regionals was a great atmosphere. What class b is all about.
maddog1971
NDPreps Starter
 
Posts: 92
Joined: Mon Jan 30, 2012 10:56 am

Re: Fan Poll #3 - 2012

Postby ClassBEast » Tue Oct 09, 2012 1:30 pm

maddog1971 wrote:yep.. those two... had not heard about Faith... that is really to bad. I was hoping both teams would be at full strength. They always make a great match. Will still be a great game to be at. Last year at regionals was a great atmosphere. What class b is all about.


Yes, it will still be a great match! Looking forward to it!!

Hopefully everyone will be back for the post-season.
ClassBEast
NDPreps Hall of Fame
 
Posts: 1008
Joined: Thu Feb 08, 2007 10:00 am
Location: North Dakota, , USA

Re: Fan Poll #3 - 2012

Postby Run4Fun2009 » Tue Oct 09, 2012 1:36 pm

ClassBEast wrote:
maddog1971 wrote:yep.. those two... had not heard about Faith... that is really to bad. I was hoping both teams would be at full strength. They always make a great match. Will still be a great game to be at. Last year at regionals was a great atmosphere. What class b is all about.


Yes, it will still be a great match! Looking forward to it!!

Hopefully everyone will be back for the post-season.


District 2 tourney @ Oak Grove will be one FUN tourney!! Can't wait!!
Email ND HS Scores to: ndhsscores at yahoo
Follow ND HS Scores (NDScores) on Twitter
Find Scores/Schedules/Standings: http://www.northdakota-scores.net
THANKS!
User avatar
Run4Fun2009
NDPreps The King
 
Posts: 14107
Joined: Thu Aug 13, 2009 5:06 pm

Re: Fan Poll #3 - 2012

Postby NDclassBdad » Tue Oct 09, 2012 1:42 pm

I have noticed the Podolak girl has been playing off and on all year and im assuming it is because of her knee. Did she injure it further to the point of not being able to play on it at all?
NDclassBdad
NDPreps Reserve
 
Posts: 38
Joined: Thu Aug 16, 2012 9:22 pm

Re: Fan Poll #3 - 2012

Postby panthercub » Thu Oct 18, 2012 10:16 pm

No love for North Star? 26-3 tied for the 2nd best record in the state! Hagler is a dominant force at the net along with the two Teubner girls are exceptional as well! They should make a solid run for the region crown!
User avatar
panthercub
NDPreps All-Conference
 
Posts: 223
Joined: Mon Oct 03, 2011 9:21 pm

Re: Fan Poll #3 - 2012

Postby Run4Fun2009 » Thu Oct 18, 2012 10:24 pm

panthercub wrote:No love for North Star? 26-3 tied for the 2nd best record in the state! Hagler is a dominant force at the net along with the two Teubner girls are exceptional as well! They should make a solid run for the region crown!


This was done 3 weeks ago...so there's a reason for no North Star
Email ND HS Scores to: ndhsscores at yahoo
Follow ND HS Scores (NDScores) on Twitter
Find Scores/Schedules/Standings: http://www.northdakota-scores.net
THANKS!
User avatar
Run4Fun2009
NDPreps The King
 
Posts: 14107
Joined: Thu Aug 13, 2009 5:06 pm

Re: Fan Poll #3 - 2012

Postby gameplayer » Thu Oct 25, 2012 8:11 am

Run4Fun2009 wrote:
panthercub wrote:No love for North Star? 26-3 tied for the 2nd best record in the state! Hagler is a dominant force at the net along with the two Teubner girls are exceptional as well! They should make a solid run for the region crown!


This was done 3 weeks ago...so there's a reason for no North Star


The issue with North Star is they play a consistently weak schedule every year. I believe the QRF rankings reflect that with them only being 13th with just three losses. Gonna have to go out and play some better competition outside of the region.
gameplayer
NDPreps Starter
 
Posts: 97
Joined: Tue Dec 07, 2010 10:03 pm

Re: Fan Poll #3 - 2012

Postby panthercub » Thu Oct 25, 2012 8:15 pm

Weak competition? Langdon, Midkota, Carrington, Harvey, Bottineau, really!?
Last edited by panthercub on Thu Oct 25, 2012 8:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
User avatar
panthercub
NDPreps All-Conference
 
Posts: 223
Joined: Mon Oct 03, 2011 9:21 pm

Re: Fan Poll #3 - 2012

Postby Run4Fun2009 » Thu Oct 25, 2012 8:16 pm

panthercub wrote:Weak competition? Langdon, Midkota, Cavalier, Harvey, Bottineau, really!?


It was pretty weak when the poll was taken...they played better teams down the stretch (Btw...Cavalier is not a top team)
Email ND HS Scores to: ndhsscores at yahoo
Follow ND HS Scores (NDScores) on Twitter
Find Scores/Schedules/Standings: http://www.northdakota-scores.net
THANKS!
User avatar
Run4Fun2009
NDPreps The King
 
Posts: 14107
Joined: Thu Aug 13, 2009 5:06 pm

Re: Fan Poll #3 - 2012

Postby panthercub » Thu Oct 25, 2012 8:18 pm

Carrington I meant and they beat Langdon and Carrington
User avatar
panthercub
NDPreps All-Conference
 
Posts: 223
Joined: Mon Oct 03, 2011 9:21 pm

Re: Fan Poll #3 - 2012

Postby Run4Fun2009 » Thu Oct 25, 2012 9:10 pm

panthercub wrote:Carrington I meant and they beat Langdon and Carrington


North Star is 27-4
They lost 2-3 to Carrington, Midkota 0-3, Harvey-WC 1-2 in a tourney (won 3-1 later in the year), and Rolla 0-2 in a tourney (they are 2-1 against Rolla this year). Yes they beat Langdon 3-1...but what gameplayer is getting at is that North Star basically plays their Region and yest the region is strong...but other teams are out playing top teams from other regions and that gets noticed more.
Email ND HS Scores to: ndhsscores at yahoo
Follow ND HS Scores (NDScores) on Twitter
Find Scores/Schedules/Standings: http://www.northdakota-scores.net
THANKS!
User avatar
Run4Fun2009
NDPreps The King
 
Posts: 14107
Joined: Thu Aug 13, 2009 5:06 pm

Re: Fan Poll #3 - 2012

Postby gameplayer » Thu Oct 25, 2012 9:16 pm

Run4Fun2009 wrote:
panthercub wrote:Carrington I meant and they beat Langdon and Carrington


North Star is 27-4
They lost 2-3 to Carrington, Midkota 0-3, Harvey-WC 1-2 in a tourney (won 3-1 later in the year), and Rolla 0-2 in a tourney (they are 2-1 against Rolla this year). Yes they beat Langdon 3-1...but what gameplayer is getting at is that North Star basically plays their Region and yest the region is strong...but other teams are out playing top teams from other regions and that gets noticed more.


Thank you RUN, that is exactly what I was trying to say. North Star is a good team but if you want to be an elite program you have to go find the elite competition. Playing M-L-S and T-G-U just doesn't cut it.
gameplayer
NDPreps Starter
 
Posts: 97
Joined: Tue Dec 07, 2010 10:03 pm

Re: Fan Poll #3 - 2012

Postby maddog1971 » Fri Oct 26, 2012 4:11 pm

I hate to agree but I do. You need to go out and play the top teams in state and not just this state at class b level and class A. Teams like Oak Grove, Central Cass and Kindred have played the top class A teams in the State and lost but they have also won a few as well.
maddog1971
NDPreps Starter
 
Posts: 92
Joined: Mon Jan 30, 2012 10:56 am

Re: Fan Poll #3 - 2012

Postby gameplayer » Mon Nov 05, 2012 11:10 pm

gameplayer wrote:
Run4Fun2009 wrote:
panthercub wrote:No love for North Star? 26-3 tied for the 2nd best record in the state! Hagler is a dominant force at the net along with the two Teubner girls are exceptional as well! They should make a solid run for the region crown!


This was done 3 weeks ago...so there's a reason for no North Star


The issue with North Star is they play a consistently weak schedule every year. I believe the QRF rankings reflect that with them only being 13th with just three losses. Gonna have to go out and play some better competition outside of the region.


North Star swept by Langdon in District Championship 3-0 and then bow out in regionals tonight 3-0. Again the weak schedule hurt this team.
gameplayer
NDPreps Starter
 
Posts: 97
Joined: Tue Dec 07, 2010 10:03 pm


Return to Volleyball

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests