3-Classes

3-Classes

Postby WalkingStick » Wed May 10, 2023 12:17 pm

Sounds like a proposal is being worked on for this per the Board Meetings from April's NDHSAA meeting
One Stop Shop for All North Dakota Scores
https://www.northdakotaprepscoreboards.com/

"Control what you can control...Can't fix ignorant people"
WalkingStick
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Re: 3-Classes

Postby WalkingStick » Tue Jun 06, 2023 1:52 pm

Proposal going to the board this week. Looks similar to Basketball for setup...a few subtle changes

WalkingStick
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby Flip » Tue Jun 06, 2023 3:19 pm

WalkingStick wrote:Proposal going to the board this week. Looks similar to Basketball for setup...a few subtle changes

2024 start?
Flip
NDPreps Legend

Postby WalkingStick » Tue Jun 06, 2023 4:53 pm

Flip wrote:
WalkingStick wrote:Proposal going to the board this week. Looks similar to Basketball for setup...a few subtle changes

2024 start?

Looks like 2024 is the goal for this to start since most 2023 schedules are already set.

PROPOSAL is accessible in the Board Meetings section of NDHSAA

WalkingStick
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby Flip » Tue Sep 05, 2023 7:24 pm

So did VB have to jump through all the hoops basketball did, like the letters of support?

2025 start? I assume that is 2025-2026 school year.
Flip
NDPreps Legend

Postby ndlionsfan » Wed Sep 06, 2023 8:29 am

I'm curious to know the reason for the delay to 2025. They pushed the bball 3 class plan through for the next year and they have a roadmap to follow from that, why wait the extra year?
"There is only one thing in which a person can start at the top - digging a hole"
ndlionsfan
NDPreps Legend

Postby WalkingStick » Wed Sep 06, 2023 10:26 am

ndlionsfan wrote:I'm curious to know the reason for the delay to 2025. They pushed the bball 3 class plan through for the next year and they have a roadmap to follow from that, why wait the extra year?

No one is threatening them on this one like basketball...idk. Maybe also to see what issues may arise in basketball next year.

WalkingStick
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby packers21 » Mon Sep 11, 2023 11:43 am

ndlionsfan wrote:I'm curious to know the reason for the delay to 2025. They pushed the bball 3 class plan through for the next year and they have a roadmap to follow from that, why wait the extra year?

They pushed it through with basically no plan, probably want to wait a year and fix all the problems that happen so it runs smoothly when it happens.

On another note do we honestly need 3 class VB? I've never heard a single person say we need it or don't, cant be the same arguments they used for BB, I see the ppl pushing for it and understand their reasoning.
It is a little harder to motivate kids I guess because they’ve been pampered so much. We’re in the trophy generation, give ‘em a trophy for 23rd place, make ‘em feel good. Make mom and dad feel good.” Tom Izzo, Michigan State Basketball
packers21
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby WalkingStick » Mon Sep 11, 2023 1:36 pm

packers21 wrote:

They pushed it through with basically no plan, probably want to wait a year and fix all the problems that happen so it runs smoothly when it happens.

On another note do we honestly need 3 class VB? I've never heard a single person say we need it or don't, cant be the same arguments they used for BB, I see the ppl pushing for it and understand their reasoning.

Zero shock that it went through after Basketball was passed. I've heard some rumblings on the need for 3 classes but it was no where near the level of rumblings for Basketball.

WalkingStick
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Return to Volleyball