Top Players Heading into 2018 Season

Top Players Heading into 2018 Season

Postby ballman25 » Mon Apr 30, 2018 10:22 am

Just wondering who are the top 15-30 players in Class A and Class B volleyball? I'm trying to get into the sport of volleyball more as my daughters are getting to that age but I was wondering who I should be watching and what teams I should be paying attention to. Since we live in North Dakota I want me girls to learn from the best in the state and help them get better each and everyday.
ballman25
NDPreps Rookie

Re: Top Players Heading into 2018 Season

Postby Baller » Mon Apr 30, 2018 3:42 pm

Class A - Century Patriots and how well each player plays their role. Lauren Ware is the best player in the state.
Mandan will have a lot of good players back as well.
Devils Lake's Toso and Winjue are good players
Davies has the Langlie sisters
Shanley has Stroup

I don't know much about Class B
"I'm going to take my ball and go home!"
Baller
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby sportsfan111 » Thu May 17, 2018 2:14 pm

Class B region 3:
Top teams:
1. Oakes
2. Carrington
3. Lamoure
4. Napoleon

Players to watch: Nicole Schmitz (Oakes), Kadyn Mering (Carrington), Katie Entzie (EKM), Megan Moser (MPB), Ellie Holen (LLM)

Region 3 has had some really good volleyball teams and players the past few years. This year will be a little less competitive as teams lost a lot to graduation last season. I expect Oakes and Carrington to be among the best few teams in the state again this season.
sportsfan111
NDPreps Starter

Postby NDreg6b » Fri Jun 15, 2018 3:55 pm

Region 6 I would say the Blessum girl from Rugby and the Hamilton girl from Berthold
NDreg6b
NDPreps Rookie

Postby BBfan4life » Wed Aug 22, 2018 12:03 pm

sportsfan111 wrote:Class B region 3:
Top teams:
1. Oakes
2. Carrington
3. Lamoure
4. Napoleon

Players to watch: Nicole Schmitz (Oakes), Kadyn Mering (Carrington), Katie Entzie (EKM), Megan Moser (MPB), Ellie Holen (LLM)

Region 3 has had some really good volleyball teams and players the past few years. This year will be a little less competitive as teams lost a lot to graduation last season. I expect Oakes and Carrington to be among the best few teams in the state again this season.

Carrington will have the best all around team IMO. Oakes could arguably have the best setter and hitter in the state B with Hansen and Schmitz at just a sophomore and junior. Lamoure is Lamoure they will compete with anyone and have the drive to beat teams, they always find a way to win. Their backrow play is a difference maker. I think Barnes County North will be much more competitive this year with two nice hitters at a sophomore and senior, Mcfadgen and Weiland. Moser from MPB will need carry a heavy load this year. Linton should be a much improved team as well. I don't see anyone at the same calibre as Carrington , Oakes Lamoure as of now and it will come down to the back row play who prevails.
BBfan4life
NDPreps Reserve

Return to Volleyball