State Legion Tournament

Postby Strike3? » Mon Aug 28, 2006 10:45 am

is that really what you thought?
It's a round ball and a round bat, and you got to hit it square.
Strike3?
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby tadam6 » Mon Aug 28, 2006 11:05 am

harvey's school colors are purple...and yellow....
tadam6

Postby tanner lorenz » Mon Aug 28, 2006 11:28 am

tadam6 wrote:harvey's school colors are purple...and yellow....
yeah, but were blue and red for baseball...
tanner lorenz

Postby nike07 » Tue Aug 29, 2006 5:25 am

tanner lorenz wrote:
tadam6 wrote:harvey's school colors are purple...and yellow....
yeah, but were blue and red for baseball...
because our school cares more about their football team than anything lol
nike07
NDPreps Starter

Postby bball1niner » Tue Aug 29, 2006 7:48 am

thats bc thats your best team...the football team
bball1niner

Postby nike07 » Tue Aug 29, 2006 8:36 am

bball1niner wrote:thats bc thats your best team...the football team
i'd be willing to say that our baseball team will do way better this year than our football team...
nike07
NDPreps Starter

Postby baseball » Tue Aug 29, 2006 8:53 am

for 1 year maybe...what happens next year when them 27 seniors are gone?
Pay Heed, All Who Enter: Beware of "The Phog"
baseball
NDPreps Legend

Postby nike07 » Tue Aug 29, 2006 9:32 am

27, haha, we have like 13 or 15 and 12 of them could start, so it should be interesting
nike07
NDPreps Starter

Postby pakkyzoo » Tue Aug 29, 2006 9:56 am

nike07 wrote:27, haha, we have like 13 or 15 and 12 of them could start, so it should be interesting

Harvey will choke like they did this year, there coach is horrible.  They had 7 innings out of both there best two pitchers in high school and lost both games in the high school championship.  There second baseman made like 6 errors and there catcher let like 10 go to the back stop that led to runs.  I'll give credit, Lorenz is a good pitcher and Krahler is a good hitter, but after that that I don't see much.  Loosing Volk, Frantz, and Buxa will hurt Harvey worse then they think.  I will be suprised if there even the 1 seed going into next years high school regional. Lakota and Dakota Prairie will probably be the top 2 teams.  Look for Dakota Prairie to start off slow and then end hot like this last year with another young team, but last years expierence will give them a lot of confidence.  Lakota will get both there best to pitchers back and was the 1 seed last year.  I will go on a limb and say the only game they win on the tournament is when Lorenz pitches.
pakkyzoo
NDPreps All-State

Postby nike07 » Tue Aug 29, 2006 10:01 am

pakkyzoo wrote:
nike07 wrote:27, haha, we have like 13 or 15 and 12 of them could start, so it should be interesting

Harvey will choke like they did this year, there coach is horrible.  They had 7 innings out of both there best two pitchers in high school and lost both games in the high school championship.  There second baseman made like 6 errors and there catcher let like 10 go to the back stop that led to runs.  I'll give credit, Lorenz is a good pitcher and Krahler is a good hitter, but after that that I don't see much.  Loosing Volk, Frantz, and Buxa will hurt Harvey worse then they think.  I will be suprised if there even the 1 seed going into next years high school regional. Lakota and Dakota Prairie will probably be the top 2 teams.  Look for Dakota Prairie to start off slow and then end hot like this last year with another young team, but last years expierence will give them a lot of confidence.  Lakota will get both there best to pitchers back and was the 1 seed last year.  I will go on a limb and say the only game they win on the tournament is when Lorenz pitches.
can i agree and disagree with you? our coach is horrible, your right....the whole team really knows it, our 2nd baseman was really bad....note...coaches son...had at least 30 errors the whole year, our catcher did struggle, but seriously, lorenz and buxa are tough pitchers to catch for, i see rogelstad doing much better this year, we will be counting on krahler to be able to pitch, he didnt this year because of a bad back, i think with our good D and our decent pitching, lorenz, krahler and if beau weigelt comes out he'll help with pitching too, will get it done, but its high school, anything can happen right?
nike07
NDPreps Starter

Postby pakkyzoo » Tue Aug 29, 2006 11:41 am

nike07 wrote:
pakkyzoo wrote:

can i agree and disagree with you? our coach is horrible, your right....the whole team really knows it, our 2nd baseman was really bad....note...coaches son...had at least 30 errors the whole year, our catcher did struggle, but seriously, lorenz and buxa are tough pitchers to catch for, i see rogelstad doing much better this year, we will be counting on krahler to be able to pitch, he didnt this year because of a bad back, i think with our good D and our decent pitching, lorenz, krahler and if beau weigelt comes out he'll help with pitching too, will get it done, but its high school, anything can happen right?

Heres the truth, I am from Dakota Prairie and plaey legion for Cooperstown, I played centerfield, everytime we played you I wasn't afraid of your pitching.  Your defense isn't the best, I felt like we just had to put the ball in play and it would get through sooner or later.  The thing that worried me when we played you guys was your hitting with Volk, Buxa, and Frantz.  Them 3 are gone, so If I was playing next year, which im not, I wouldn't really be worried about you guys until you can prove you can play defense.
pakkyzoo
NDPreps All-State

Postby tanner lorenz » Tue Aug 29, 2006 12:05 pm

with beau weigelt going out this year, our 2nd base problem is fixed, with him, krahler, and 3rd dosent really matter for us cause no one should pull our pitching, and then throw in feakes at first sometimes, thats a pretty solid Defense
tanner lorenz

Postby pakkyzoo » Tue Aug 29, 2006 12:20 pm

tanner lorenz wrote:with beau weigelt going out this year, our 2nd base problem is fixed, with him, krahler, and 3rd dosent really matter for us cause no one should pull our pitching, and then throw in feakes at first sometimes, thats a pretty solid Defense

Dakota Prairie will bunt you to death if you have Feakes at firstbase (slow) and if you don't care whose at third, they won't be that good, the way you make it sound.  Sounds like a disadvantage to you guys.  The only one that throws hard on your team is you.  Anyone else on the team that pitches teams will be able to pull easy.
pakkyzoo
NDPreps All-State

Postby tanner lorenz » Tue Aug 29, 2006 12:33 pm

pakkyzoo wrote:
tanner lorenz wrote:with beau weigelt going out this year, our 2nd base problem is fixed, with him, krahler, and 3rd dosent really matter for us cause no one should pull our pitching, and then throw in feakes at first sometimes, thats a pretty solid Defense

Dakota Prairie will bunt you to death if you have Feakes at firstbase (slow) and if you don't care whose at third, they won't be that good, the way you make it sound.  Sounds like a disadvantage to you guys.  The only one that throws hard on your team is you.  Anyone else on the team that pitches teams will be able to pull easy.
krahler dosent throw toooo bad, upper 70s, not to make any excuses, but he did have a back injury that kept him from throwing much...
tanner lorenz

Postby tanner lorenz » Tue Aug 29, 2006 12:47 pm

ooo and third wil either be me or olsen zerr (good fielder, but would get dh'd for).......
Last edited by tanner lorenz on Tue Aug 29, 2006 12:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
tanner lorenz

Postby baseball » Tue Aug 29, 2006 1:06 pm

wait a minute......doesnt matter whose at third?? Who are you guys throwing up there gettin it up 95 so noone pulls its.  I saw lorenz get pulled just as much as they went the other way.  so if you guys dont ahve a 3rd baseman good luck with that?
baseball
NDPreps Legend

Postby Saucesauer » Tue Aug 29, 2006 2:29 pm

nike07 wrote:
Saucesauer wrote:

and elgie throws as hard if not harder than you lorenze it comes

i would suppose i never saw either play but i believe they would beat 2 or 3 west and 3 to 4 in the east with the addition of vally city this upcomin year Lorenz you may of thrown it 90 (dont believe) but you probly also hit a spectator in the process god knows it didnt hit the catchers glove
have you ever seen this kid pitch, because i've seen him so many times over the years, dominating kids older than him, ever since babe ruth the kid has been overpowering people with his fastball and this last year getting them out ahead of his new changeup, like baller2 said, his curve is decent, his slider is better than his curve though, i would know, i play with him

hey smart guy ive played aginst him his first outing he didnt get past the 2ed or 3rd inning with buxa comming in when we were up like 5-4 and buxa did shut us down i believe we lost 7-6 but the seconed time he was part of a game when he came in relief in the 3rd and lasted to the 4th giving up 5 en rout to a 12 or 13 -2 victory for the reps
Saucesauer
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby Boyyo27 » Tue Aug 29, 2006 3:26 pm

Harvey shouldn't be even worth wasting all our time on...no joke how many state tourney appearences have they had in the past 10 years...or even forever...come on id rather talk about galchutts chances next year than harveys....just bc lorenz is on here talking about how good he and his team is...get real
Boyyo27
NDPreps Starter

Postby tadam6 » Tue Aug 29, 2006 4:09 pm

say "i" if you've been to a state tourney...haha...
tadam6

Postby baseball » Tue Aug 29, 2006 4:47 pm

say "i" if you won it...haha...
baseball
NDPreps Legend

Postby Dizza30 » Tue Aug 29, 2006 4:52 pm

to bad you did nothing to help win it...
Dizza30
NDPreps Starter

Postby bballer2 » Tue Aug 29, 2006 4:54 pm

Dizza30 wrote:to bad you did nothing to help win it...

can i say "i"??
bballer2
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby baseball » Tue Aug 29, 2006 4:57 pm

Dizza30 wrote:to bad you did nothing to help win it...

haha appaerantly more than u did...
baseball
NDPreps Legend

Postby bball1niner » Tue Aug 29, 2006 5:56 pm

i can talk i guess then too if bballer2 can
bball1niner

Postby tanner lorenz » Tue Aug 29, 2006 6:07 pm

i
tanner lorenz

PreviousNext

Return to Class B