State Legion Tournament

Postby ndfan » Mon Jul 31, 2006 3:12 am

So who's going to win it this year?? I'm gonna go with Langdon I picked them in high school and they came up a game short. They have a couple kids Contreas (Cavalier) and Carpenter (North Border) that will give them a couple extra arms at the state tournament with schaffer. So all take Langdon Thompson would be my second pick.
Matt Houdek. @ndfan55
ndfan
NDPreps Legend

Postby basktbalfan07 » Mon Jul 31, 2006 8:44 am

Griggs County has a good chance of making a run. They have some great pitchers and some power hitters. Grover can hit the ball and he has been lights out pitching lately.
basktbalfan07
NDPreps Rookie

Postby bball1niner » Mon Jul 31, 2006 8:59 am

Im not trying to affend anyone but does anyone know anything on Galchutt...i haven't heard anything about them all year...they can't be to bad if they are in the state tournament...do they have a high school team?
bball1niner

Postby baseball » Mon Jul 31, 2006 9:42 am

galchutt is the richland area. im guessing they arent too bad if they make state and they must have really good athletes, they made state in football and basketball this past school year too. i dont know how good they are with hitting and pitching, all i know is they are athletic.
Pay Heed, All Who Enter: Beware of "The Phog"
baseball
NDPreps Legend

Postby Boyyo27 » Mon Jul 31, 2006 11:02 am

Whats crosby got for a team?
Boyyo27
NDPreps Starter

Postby ndfan » Mon Jul 31, 2006 12:19 pm

So yeah..... do you guys have a favorite to win this tournament?
Matt Houdek. @ndfan55
ndfan
NDPreps Legend

Postby Boyyo27 » Mon Jul 31, 2006 12:20 pm

ndfan wrote:So yeah..... do you guys have a favorite to win this tournament?
cooperstown alot of talent and alot of good pitching
Boyyo27
NDPreps Starter

Postby baseballkid » Mon Jul 31, 2006 1:34 pm

Boyyo27 wrote:
cooperstown alot of talent and alot of good pitching
I'm guessing you're saying that just because your from Cooperstown.
baseballkid

Postby tanner lorenz » Mon Jul 31, 2006 1:43 pm

well, with velva not in it, i'd have to go with thompson, they have the most experience and have probably the best coach, another team that could have a chance would be langdon, they will have a lot of pitching, cooperstown wont go far at all, they have no overpowering pitchers, and none of them really have great offspead pitches, luering has a good curve, thats about it, they all maybe hit 75 tops, i think they will barely get by crosby, rollette has too tough of a first game, galchutt dosent have any pitching, lamoure is decent, no special pitchers  tho
tanner lorenz

Postby baseball » Mon Jul 31, 2006 2:27 pm

thompson or langdon.
baseball
NDPreps Legend

Postby pakkyzoo » Mon Jul 31, 2006 5:45 pm

tanner lorenz wrote:
well, with velva not in it, i'd have to go with thompson, they have the most experience and have probably the best coach, another team that could have a chance would be langdon, they will have a lot of pitching, cooperstown wont go far at all, they have no overpowering pitchers, and none of them really have great offspead pitches, luering has a good curve, thats about it, they all maybe hit 75 tops, i think they will barely get by crosby, rollette has too tough of a first game, galchutt dosent have any pitching, lamoure is decent, no special pitchers  tho

Grover and Nichols both throw hard.  Grover probably throws a little harder then Nichols and plus has the lefty tail on it.  Nichols has a decent curve. Severson and Harding both dont throw that hard, prolly 75 to 78, but have nasty curveballs.  Ask Steele how Grover's change up and fastball are? and ask Steele how Hardings curveball is? They only scored 1 run in each game. Id say it kept them off balance pretty well. The first game Grover pitched they had 2 hits, the next game they had 6 when Sheldon pitched.
Last edited by pakkyzoo on Mon Jul 31, 2006 5:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
pakkyzoo
NDPreps All-State

Postby tanner lorenz » Mon Jul 31, 2006 5:53 pm

severson hangs alot of his curveballs, thats really his only flaw in that pitch
tanner lorenz

Postby baseball » Mon Jul 31, 2006 6:01 pm

pakkyzoo wrote:Grover and Nichols both throw hard.  Grover probably throws a little harder then Nichols and plus has the lefty tail on it.  Nichols has a decent curve. Severson and Harding both dont throw that hard, prolly 75 to 78, but have nasty curveballs.  Ask Steele how Grover's change up and fastball are? and ask Steele how Hardings curveball is? They only scored 1 run in each game. Id say it kept them off balance pretty well. The first game Grover pitched they had 2 hits, the next game they had 6 when Sheldon pitched.

Harding hangs his curveball bad.  Its a miracle if it breaks below your waist. I would have a hard time beleiving he throws 75 as well.  And if grover's fastball has that lefty tail to it it sure wasnt much of a tail, just picks at the outside corner.  I belive Cooperstown will have trouble if they try and bring Grover back on short rest. when he threw the last inning of the championship game he didnt have nearly the same stuff, fastball was much slower making his change up far less effective, and his curveball didnt have any snap just a roller.
baseball
NDPreps Legend

Postby tanner lorenz » Mon Jul 31, 2006 6:03 pm

those are good points
tanner lorenz

Postby pakkyzoo » Mon Jul 31, 2006 6:18 pm

tanner lorenz wrote:those are good points

Baseball your from Steele, it was effective against you guys both Harding and Grover, so why are you talking bad about them.  They beat you.
pakkyzoo
NDPreps All-State

Postby tanner lorenz » Mon Jul 31, 2006 6:20 pm

pakkyzoo wrote:
tanner lorenz wrote:those are good points

Baseball your from Steele, it was effective against you guys both Harding and Grover, so why are you talking bad about them.  They beat you.
whoa whoa, he wasnt takin anything away from them for beatin steele, steele believe it or not isint one of the greatest hitting teams around, bakkum is their only good hitter, teams like thompson can take those high breakers out of the park
tanner lorenz

Postby baseball » Mon Jul 31, 2006 6:22 pm

yes they did, so did some 80 lb lefty from washburn when we played 3 babe ruth kids. he must be a stud.
baseball
NDPreps Legend

Postby muddy lots » Mon Jul 31, 2006 6:33 pm

baseball wrote:
pakkyzoo wrote:Grover and Nichols both throw hard.  Grover probably throws a little harder then Nichols and plus has the lefty tail on it.  Nichols has a decent curve. Severson and Harding both dont throw that hard, prolly 75 to 78, but have nasty curveballs.  Ask Steele how Grover's change up and fastball are? and ask Steele how Hardings curveball is? They only scored 1 run in each game. Id say it kept them off balance pretty well. The first game Grover pitched they had 2 hits, the next game they had 6 when Sheldon pitched.

Harding hangs his curveball bad.  Its a miracle if it breaks below your waist. I would have a hard time beleiving he throws 75 as well.  And if grover's fastball has that lefty tail to it it sure wasnt much of a tail, just picks at the outside corner.  I belive Cooperstown will have trouble if they try and bring Grover back on short rest. when he threw the last inning of the championship game he didnt have nearly the same stuff, fastball was much slower making his change up far less effective, and his curveball didnt have any snap just a roller.
You must not be paying attention very well then baseball, grover's fastball was tailing as good as i've ever seen it the FIRST time we beat you, of course he wasn't gonna throw as good the second game after just throwing a great game against you guys the day before..... i rest my case
muddy lots
NDPreps Reserve

Postby Dizza30 » Mon Jul 31, 2006 6:33 pm

tanner lorenz wrote:

I'd say Jordan Grover could beat any team....he's proven he can pitch against the best
Dizza30
NDPreps Starter

Postby tanner lorenz » Mon Jul 31, 2006 6:35 pm

well, im not taking anything away from grover, but it was obvious that thompson was having a horrible hitting day, even the pro scout i was sittin with said he had never seen thompson hit that bad, and that grover wasnt overpowering anyone, grover is a average pitcher, that has an opportunity to beat good teams because hes lefty
tanner lorenz

Postby baseball » Mon Jul 31, 2006 6:35 pm

i dont know about anyone else but im lookin forward to a rematch between grover and thompson.:D
baseball
NDPreps Legend

Postby tanner lorenz » Mon Jul 31, 2006 6:36 pm

i would bet money this time the outcome is way different
tanner lorenz

Postby Dizza30 » Mon Jul 31, 2006 6:38 pm

tanner lorenz wrote:well, im not taking anything away from grover, but it was obvious that thompson was having a horrible hitting day, even the pro scout i was sittin with said he had never seen thompson hit that bad, and that grover wasnt overpowering anyone, grover is a average pitcher, that has an opportunity to beat good teams because hes lefty

well you must not be a very good hitter then tanner??? i remember him sitting you down at least 5 times during the high school season
Dizza30
NDPreps Starter

Postby tanner lorenz » Mon Jul 31, 2006 6:41 pm

Dizza30 wrote:
tanner lorenz wrote:well, im not taking anything away from grover, but it was obvious that thompson was having a horrible hitting day, even the pro scout i was sittin with said he had never seen thompson hit that bad, and that grover wasnt overpowering anyone, grover is a average pitcher, that has an opportunity to beat good teams because hes lefty

well you must not be a very good hitter then tanner??? i remember him sitting you down at least 5 times during the high school season
i didnt hit very well at all in hs, ill admit that, but his stuff isint that great, and i think anyone that has hit off him would agree
tanner lorenz

Postby baseball » Mon Jul 31, 2006 6:47 pm

Tanner is a pitcher, not a hitter.  Dont take too much credit in striking him out. Thats why he hits 8.
baseball
NDPreps Legend

Next

Return to Class B