State Legion Tournament

Postby bisonman » Tue Aug 22, 2006 6:18 am

Woodies won't change much with the good batters. All it'll do is hurt the bad ones.
bisonman
NDPreps Starter

Postby tanner lorenz » Tue Aug 22, 2006 6:19 am

the two kjehmus's, wurtz, and shaefer, now give me 12 class a pitchers....
Last edited by tanner lorenz on Tue Aug 22, 2006 6:20 am, edited 1 time in total.
tanner lorenz

Postby Saucesauer » Tue Aug 22, 2006 2:54 pm

T lundy, J landry, T ebert, ? kries, S gathman, R bollinger, Z wentz,               M loomis    , ? schroder, A allen, B Qvale, B Borr

theres 12 notice 9 are from the west because i only saw a couple from the east and ia sure they would add another 5 or 6
Saucesauer
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby tanner lorenz » Tue Aug 22, 2006 3:23 pm

theres a lot more quality class b pitchers out there, that i dont know their names, so anybody else name some of the top pitchers in the state for class b
tanner lorenz

Postby kel20Nd » Tue Aug 22, 2006 4:16 pm

More class a pitchers that would dominate in class b
Gabe Shockman-fargo
David Spies-Grand Forks
Sean Potter-Grand Forks
Kragness-Fargo
Rusch-Fargo
Elgie-Minot
Scholinberg-jamestown
Last edited by kel20Nd on Tue Aug 22, 2006 4:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
kel20Nd

Postby tanner lorenz » Tue Aug 22, 2006 4:27 pm

kel20Nd wrote:More class a pitchers that would dominate in class b
Gabe Shockman-fargo
David Spies-Grand Forks
Sean Potter-Grand Forks
Kragness-Fargo
Rusch-Fargo
Elgie-Minot
Scholinberg-jamestown
elgie............:?
tanner lorenz

Postby InTheKnow » Tue Aug 22, 2006 7:05 pm

The hardest thrower at the Legion All-Star game this year was Anthony Klinske of Grafton (a Class B kid!) 6'7" right hander that was only a sophomore this year was consistant 86-87. Granted if Landry had been there he would have been the hardest thrower there throwing 90.

As far as the comment about Class B hitters hitting Landry and Lundy, what Class A teams realy hit Landry and Lundy. Oh yeah NO ONE!!! So basically that point is worthless.

Also the comment about Class B kids not being able to catch up to a pitcher like that. I think a certain Bismarck High star in 2005 named Kyle Carr was a Linton Kid. It seems to me that I saw him get beat routinely in the secional tournaments over the years (I saw him personally lose in relief to LaMoure last year in the sections)because they never made it to state and he was hands down the best pitcher in the state last year.

Are there some TERRIBLE Class B teams and players, of course. There are bound to be when you are playing with the hand you are dealt and are not able to select your team and have a developmental 15/16 year old team as well. However combine an entire Class B section and make an All-Star team out of it and you would get the equivelent population to most of the Class A towns and then see what you get when you put them head to head. Comparing A to B is like comparing apples to oranges.
InTheKnow
NDPreps All-State

Postby bisonman » Wed Aug 23, 2006 5:07 am

InTheKnow wrote:The hardest thrower at the Legion All-Star game this year was Anthony Klinske of Grafton (a Class B kid!) 6'7" right hander that was only a sophomore this year was consistant 86-87. Granted if Landry had been there he would have been the hardest thrower there throwing 90.

As far as the comment about Class B hitters hitting Landry and Lundy, what Class A teams realy hit Landry and Lundy. Oh yeah NO ONE!!! So basically that point is worthless.

Also the comment about Class B kids not being able to catch up to a pitcher like that. I think a certain Bismarck High star in 2005 named Kyle Carr was a Linton Kid. It seems to me that I saw him get beat routinely in the secional tournaments over the years (I saw him personally lose in relief to LaMoure last year in the sections)because they never made it to state and he was hands down the best pitcher in the state last year.

Are there some TERRIBLE Class B teams and players, of course. There are bound to be when you are playing with the hand you are dealt and are not able to select your team and have a developmental 15/16 year old team as well. However combine an entire Class B section and make an All-Star team out of it and you would get the equivelent population to most of the Class A towns and then see what you get when you put them head to head. Comparing A to B is like comparing apples to oranges.

Quoted for truth.

I guarantee you take the top kids out of a class B section and put them against a class A team, it'd be a game to see.
bisonman
NDPreps Starter

Postby tanner lorenz » Wed Aug 23, 2006 8:31 am

InTheKnow wrote:The hardest thrower at the Legion All-Star game this year was Anthony Klinske of Grafton (a Class B kid!) 6'7" right hander that was only a sophomore this year was consistant 86-87. Granted if Landry had been there he would have been the hardest thrower there throwing 90.

one of the best posts i've ever read:shock:are you from a class a town or b town...
tanner lorenz

Postby Saucesauer » Wed Aug 23, 2006 12:43 pm

bisonman wrote:

Quoted for truth.

I guarantee you take the top kids out of a class B section and put them against a class A team, it'd be a game to see.

I guarantee if you take the top kids from A it would be a pummeling you cant say combine a team because thompson coulda beat 5 or 6 a teams

And century put up nine hits aginst lundy i dont know about anyone else but others must have

and elgie throws as hard if not harder than you lorenze it comes
Saucesauer
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby tanner lorenz » Wed Aug 23, 2006 1:55 pm

Last edited by tanner lorenz on Wed Aug 23, 2006 5:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
tanner lorenz

Postby baseball11 » Wed Aug 23, 2006 2:51 pm

I guarantee if you take the top kids from A it would be a pummeling you cant say combine a team because thompson coulda beat 5 or 6 a teams

And century put up nine hits aginst lundy i dont know about anyone else but others must have

Does that mean Langdon or LaMoure could beat more than 5 or 6 teams?
baseball11

Postby bisonman » Wed Aug 23, 2006 3:28 pm

Saucesauer wrote:
bisonman wrote:

Quoted for truth.

We aren't talking a all-star form the whole state pull. We are talking class b sections... even though it'd still be wayyy under the population/area as a class a team.
bisonman
NDPreps Starter

Postby tanner lorenz » Wed Aug 23, 2006 4:15 pm

alot of good points by bisonman lately, and you want to know why class b players end up better, well, its because in a class a town, the players get brought up so much by the news, the papers, the fans, that they think they are soo great, now, i dont think thats the players fault, its the way the city thinks, class b players usually are under the radar to most big towns
tanner lorenz

Postby tadam6 » Wed Aug 23, 2006 4:53 pm

tanner lorenz wrote:
i hoped it wouldnt come to this, i just threw 89, 90 down at wayne state....does elgie throw that hard

its pretty upsetting when someone talks themself up...doesn't look very good either
tadam6

Postby tanner lorenz » Wed Aug 23, 2006 5:31 pm

yea, maybe your right, but it gets very upsetting when people say stupid things jus because one player is class b and class a
tanner lorenz

Postby Saucesauer » Wed Aug 23, 2006 10:06 pm

baseball11 wrote:

i would suppose i never saw either play but i believe they would beat 2 or 3 west and 3 to 4 in the east with the addition of vally city this upcomin year Lorenz you may of thrown it 90 (dont believe) but you probly also hit a spectator in the process god knows it didnt hit the catchers glove
Saucesauer
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby tanner lorenz » Thu Aug 24, 2006 3:57 am

[user=463]Saucesauer[/user] wrote:

i would suppose i never saw either play but i believe they would beat 2 or 3 west and 3 to 4 in the east with the addition of vally city this upcomin year Lorenz you may of thrown it 90 (dont believe) but you probly also hit a spectator in the process god knows it didnt hit the catchers glove

haha
tanner lorenz

Postby bballer2 » Thu Aug 24, 2006 6:33 am

Saucesauer wrote:
baseball11 wrote:

lorenz does throw 90 and does have good control... descent breaking ball but still needs a lot of work
bballer2
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby InTheKnow » Thu Aug 24, 2006 5:56 pm

Saucesauer wrote:
tanner lorenz wrote:
SiouxUND wrote:As for tadam well then lets set up a time and a place and I bet you don't touch me.
THERES THE CLASS A ATTITUDE I KNOW AND LOVE!! its in their head that they are soo much better than class b when the reality is its not very different...heres the difference...class a has better 6-9 hitters, this is compared to good class b teams, class a's 1-5 is maybe a touch better, but the thing that makes it diff. is the lower part of the lineup, the depth, 2nd is fielding, class a has better fielders, the pitching isint much diff.,  and last but not least, their coaching, they have great coaches....and as for your statement to tadam6, i think the only person in the  class a state he could have troubles with is lundy, cause hes the only  great pitcher in class a, as the rest are average and wont make it anywhere after college
THERES THE CLASS B ATTITUDE I KNOW AND LOVE class a is never much better than b lorenze with you at the dish you wouldnt touch lundy landry ebert wentz or loomis i played for the reps this summer and its basically a mish mash of varsity and jv players and i can tell you a couple things 1 class b has no idea how to feild a drag bunt llet alone a bunt there is a very big difference between the 1-5 baters the reason class b batters put up such good numbers is 3/4 of the feilds they play on are like 300 to left and right and 335 to center i bet there will be a huge difference this year with woodys another thing about their feilding in class b legion is if you hit the ball hard or on the ground you have a very good chance of getting on with all the teams we played this year i didnt see 1 3rd baseman block a hard ball everything was ole or stabbed at for every 1 good pitcher you show me in class b i will show you 3 in class a i also relize this will never be solved so whatever but these are some things that i know and have seen throughout the season

A couple more points I want to make is the fact that you played for the Bismarck Reps. Hopefully you are only 15 or 16 or that means you are not good enough to play for the Governors which means you fit right in with "Class B players" level of play.  Secondly the section you play in (and no disrespect ment to those that come from that section) is by far the weakest section in the state hands down. Beulah has flat out DOMINATED that section ever since the section format was formed. That section has basically been 2 and toast every year with the exception of the Beulah Magstead/Goldmann seasons in 2002, 2003, 2004 where they basically carried the team on their shoulders. As far as the short fences, that will usually reduce batting averages because the outfielders are able to play shallower and take away some of the "aluminum bat" bleeders and fistersI dont doubt some of the statements you made about some of the level of play there in that section but to blanket that with the rest of the state's Class B sections is WAY off. I would guess of the 9 hits Lundy gave up to Century at least half of those are of the infield swinging bunt or bleeder/ fister variety.
InTheKnow
NDPreps All-State

Postby InTheKnow » Thu Aug 24, 2006 6:16 pm

tanner lorenz wrote:

one of the best posts i've ever read:shock:are you from a class a town or b town...

Graduated Class B. However I have seen enough State tournaments for both the Class A and B to see what really sets them apart. Basically the numbers available to the program which creates depth (6-9, defensively and on the mound) for class A something that Class B will never have and the level of coaching the details of the game (ie- footwork fielding, hand positioning, throwing mechanics, etc...) There is a reason that you see the same programs have success in class B. Tradition and coaching starting at the youth level. Its no suprise that Langdon had success this year with Schwabe as their coach (played briefly in the Northern League) grooming a talented group for several years. Jacobson played under Schwabe and continued to pass the knowledge along this summer in Legion.
InTheKnow
NDPreps All-State

Postby bisonman » Fri Aug 25, 2006 4:30 am

InTheKnow wrote:
tanner lorenz wrote:

Graduated Class B. However I have seen enough State tournaments for both the Class A and B to see what really sets them apart. Basically the numbers available to the program which creates depth (6-9, defensively and on the mound) for class A something that Class B will never have and the level of coaching the details of the game (ie- footwork fielding, hand positioning, throwing mechanics, etc...) There is a reason that you see the same programs have success in class B. Tradition and coaching starting at the youth level. Its no suprise that Langdon had success this year with Schwabe as their coach (played briefly in the Northern League) grooming a talented group for several years. Jacobson played under Schwabe and continued to pass the knowledge along this summer in Legion.

Another reason for Midkota's success in the class B level, Rick Christianson.
bisonman
NDPreps Starter

Postby tanner lorenz » Fri Aug 25, 2006 5:07 am

bisonman wrote:
InTheKnow wrote:
tanner lorenz wrote:

Graduated Class B. However I have seen enough State tournaments for both the Class A and B to see what really sets them apart. Basically the numbers available to the program which creates depth (6-9, defensively and on the mound) for class A something that Class B will never have and the level of coaching the details of the game (ie- footwork fielding, hand positioning, throwing mechanics, etc...) There is a reason that you see the same programs have success in class B. Tradition and coaching starting at the youth level. Its no suprise that Langdon had success this year with Schwabe as their coach (played briefly in the Northern League) grooming a talented group for several years. Jacobson played under Schwabe and continued to pass the knowledge along this summer in Legion.

Another reason for Midkota's success in the class B level, Rick Christianson.
yea, hes one of the best coaches in teh state, b or a
tanner lorenz

Postby nike07 » Fri Aug 25, 2006 5:26 am

Saucesauer wrote:

have you ever seen this kid pitch, because i've seen him so many times over the years, dominating kids older than him, ever since babe ruth the kid has been overpowering people with his fastball and this last year getting them out ahead of his new changeup, like baller2 said, his curve is decent, his slider is better than his curve though, i would know, i play with him
nike07
NDPreps Starter

Postby nike07 » Mon Aug 28, 2006 10:14 am

yeah, thats what i thought...
nike07
NDPreps Starter

PreviousNext

Return to Class B