Section Tournament Results

Postby Dizza30 » Fri Jul 28, 2006 5:53 pm

baseball wrote:
Dizza30 wrote:The one and only...Jordan Grover will be on the hill for Cooperstown and i'm not sure for Steele....maybe barreth

the one and only steven berreth is not pitching tommorow.
Who is pitchin then
Dizza30
NDPreps Starter

Postby tanner lorenz » Fri Jul 28, 2006 6:41 pm

prolly lang or shwab, harvey beat new rockford 13-2 and has anybody got any word on the carrington/jamestown game yet?
tanner lorenz

Postby ndsportsfan98 » Fri Jul 28, 2006 6:44 pm

point/center wrote:ouch. Edgleey beat LaMoure 2x during regular season. maybe they'll bounce back against Oakes.

Edgeley and Lisbon won loser out games on Friday, and LaMoure beat Oakes for the drivers seat of the tournament.  Edgeley, Lisbon and Oakes all have one loss in the tourney so far.  Saturday and Sunday will be some interesting games
ndsportsfan98
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby baseballkid » Sat Jul 29, 2006 10:19 am

surferdan wrote:
baseballkid wrote:Section 8

#4 Mandan vs. #3 Dickinson (loser out)

#5 Hazen vs. #6 Hettinger (loser out)

#1 Washburn vs. #2 Beulah
(winner advances to championship Sun. @ 1:30)

#4 mandan 11
#3 dickinson 4

ill post more when more is known

#5 Hazen 9  vs. #6 Hettinger 8

#1 Washburn 1  vs. #2 Beulah 0 (8 innings)
baseballkid

Postby surferdan » Sat Jul 29, 2006 1:16 pm

baseballkid wrote:
surferdan wrote:

#4 mandan 11
#3 dickinson 4

Thanks alot. Wow! Two awesome games. I wish I could have watched the Washburn Beulah game. Intense.
"I reject your reality and substitute my own." – Adam Savage of Mythbusters
surferdan
NDPreps Reserve

Postby ndsportsfan98 » Sat Jul 29, 2006 5:10 pm

Section 2--- Edgeley slipped past Oakes in a loser out game today in 12 innings. Oakes pitcher Matt Hagen had i think 16 strikeouts in about 6 innings work.  Edgeley will have to beat LaMoure twice on Sunday in the championship games to move on to state in Mayville.
ndsportsfan98
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby bball1niner » Sat Jul 29, 2006 6:28 pm

Section 4 - Langdon undefeated and playing Park River (1 loss) in Sunday's championship at 1 p.m.
bball1niner

Postby baseball » Sat Jul 29, 2006 7:03 pm

Coooperstown 1 Steele 0  in semifinal game

Steele 10 Harvey 5 in loser out game
Pay Heed, All Who Enter: Beware of "The Phog"
baseball
NDPreps Legend

Postby baseballkid » Sat Jul 29, 2006 7:11 pm

surferdan wrote:
baseballkid wrote:
surferdan wrote:

#4 mandan 11
#3 dickinson 4

Thanks alot. Wow! Two awesome games. I wish I could have watched the Washburn Beulah game. Intense.

Definitely was. A great defensive battle.

not sure of the score but Hazen defeated Mandan and moved on to play Beulah which ended up being Beulah 8 to Hazen's 4. Beulah moves on to play Washburn once again for the Championship but has to win twice in the double-elimination.
baseballkid

Postby Dizza30 » Sat Jul 29, 2006 7:18 pm

baseball wrote:Coooperstown 1 Steele 0  in semifinal game

Steele 10 Harvey 5 in loser out game
Grover pitched another great game complete game shutout 4 or 5 hits 8 or 9 k's really shut down steele
Dizza30
NDPreps Starter

Postby baseballkid » Sat Jul 29, 2006 7:22 pm

This Grover guy must not be to bad....anyone heard anything about Section 6?
baseballkid

Postby bballer2 » Sat Jul 29, 2006 7:31 pm

baseballkid wrote:This Grover guy must not be to bad....anyone heard anything about Section 6?

grover pitched a flawless game... didn't overpower but pitched a solid game and you have to give him that... steele had there chances as did cooperstown but could'nt come up with a big hit...
bballer2
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby baseball » Sat Jul 29, 2006 7:43 pm

right. wont overpower a batter but keeps them off balance very well.
baseball
NDPreps Legend

Postby Boyyo27 » Sat Jul 29, 2006 9:15 pm

baseball wrote:right. wont overpower a batter but keeps them off balance very well.
hahaha
Boyyo27
NDPreps Starter

Postby baseball » Sat Jul 29, 2006 9:23 pm

do you think you are "overpowering"?
baseball
NDPreps Legend

Postby InTheKnow » Sun Jul 30, 2006 7:46 am

Whats the story behind Carrington having to forfeit to Harvey?
InTheKnow
NDPreps All-State

Postby bisonman » Sun Jul 30, 2006 8:51 am

InTheKnow wrote:Whats the story behind Carrington having to forfeit to Harvey?

Carrington has struggled coming up with 9 players all summer and Harvey wouldn't play them with eight because they were scared of a loss/wanted to save an arm. It's baseball, play the games. If you can't beat a team with 8 why should you even have a chance to go to state?
bisonman
NDPreps Starter

Postby surferdan » Sun Jul 30, 2006 9:26 am

bisonman wrote:

Carrington has struggled coming up with 9 players all summer and Harvey wouldn't play them with eight because they were scared of a loss/wanted to save an arm. It's baseball, play the games. If you can't beat a team with 8 why should you even have a chance to go to state?

Yeah no kidding. I mean why should Harvey get a free pass and save arms when everyone else has to use their pitchers against other teams. I totally agree.. it is baseball and you should play the games inless the other team doesnt show. 8 is a playable number. Well kind of.  But thats not the point. The point is that Harvey wouldn't play Carrington because they only had 8 players and had nothing to lose. Harvey was the only team really at stake there so they forced a forfeit. That is sad:(
"I reject your reality and substitute my own." – Adam Savage of Mythbusters
surferdan
NDPreps Reserve

Postby ndsportsfan98 » Sun Jul 30, 2006 10:45 am

surferdan wrote:
bisonman wrote:

Yeah no kidding. I mean why should Harvey get a free pass and save arms when everyone else has to use their pitchers against other teams. I totally agree.. it is baseball and you should play the games inless the other team doesnt show. 8 is a playable number. Well kind of.  But thats not the point. The point is that Harvey wouldn't play Carrington because they only had 8 players and had nothing to lose. Harvey was the only team really at stake there so they forced a forfeit. That is sad:(

National Rule Book Rule 4-4-1 says a game shall be forfeited when a team is...unable to provide at least nine players to start the game or cannot provide eaight players to finish the game.

ndsportsfan98
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby tanner lorenz » Sun Jul 30, 2006 11:39 am

surferdan wrote:
bisonman wrote:

carrington couldnt get enough players

hahaha, we were afraid of losin to rosenau, we were so pumped to hit off his 70 mph fastball it wasnt even funny, we knew we would be playin steele before the forfeit

its your fault you couldnt get enough players, so stop blaming us, it wasnt us that wouldnt let us play, it was the tournament director, who is a state official
tanner lorenz

Postby ndsportsfan98 » Sun Jul 30, 2006 12:09 pm

Section2 championship: LaMoure 10   Edgeley 0 (6 innings)
ndsportsfan98
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby point/center » Sun Jul 30, 2006 12:25 pm

is the LaMoure game on the Web?
only shot at NDpreps HOF: Veterans committee

moderator m/o:your moral compass

http://viewfromthecrowsnest.blogspot.com/
point/center
NDPreps Legend

Postby bisonman » Sun Jul 30, 2006 12:41 pm

tanner lorenz wrote:
surferdan wrote:
bisonman wrote:

carrington couldnt get enough players

hahaha, we were afraid of losin to rosenau, we were so pumped to hit off his 70 mph fastball it wasnt even funny, we knew we would be playin steele before the forfeit

its your fault you couldnt get enough players, so stop blaming us, it wasnt us that wouldnt let us play, it was the tournament director, who is a state official

Yea, sure. That's why jamestown didn't care that we had 8 on wednesday. Someones father complained... and that's all i'm going to say.
bisonman
NDPreps Starter

Postby tanner lorenz » Sun Jul 30, 2006 12:46 pm

IT ISINT UP TO THE PLAYERS COACHES OR PARENTS, ITS AN OFFICIAL RULE THAT SAYS YOU CANNOT START A GAME WITHOUT 9 PLAYERS, ITS NOT THE UMPS DECISION, so stop complaining about it, its not harveys fault, its a rule, the game against jamestown didnt even matter if you won, its a forfeit no matter what
tanner lorenz

Postby Boyyo27 » Sun Jul 30, 2006 12:57 pm

cooperstown sec 7 champs 5-1 over steele
Boyyo27
NDPreps Starter

PreviousNext

Return to Class B