Top Legion Teams

Postby baseballkid » Sun Jun 25, 2006 8:00 pm

Washburn is 12-2 with both losses coming from the other top team in the section Beulah which i believe also only have 2 losses coming from Washburn
baseballkid

Postby bballuvr » Fri Jun 30, 2006 1:43 am

tanner lorenz wrote:Using this site i can try to say the best teams- http://www.ndlegion.org/baseball.htm , not really sure on how accurate the league placements are.
Section 1 i would say Galchutt or Fairmount will win it, i know Galchutt made it last year and hit our best pitcher really good (Hovey), Fairmount i guess i dont know much about but i guess i've heard they usually form a good team.  Enderlin or West Fargo (b) could be good, i would think West Fargo could get some good 16 year olds to play.  But i see Galchutt winning their section again this year. 
Section 2 i would think LaMoure, Lisbon, or Oakes would win.  Lisbon made it last year, but i think i heard something about Lamoure getting some out of town players that will really help them.  I think they will win their region. I remember Oakes had a good team in Babe Ruth a couple years ago, but i didnt hear much of them in h.s. ball.  I think Lamoure will win this section.
Section 3 is tough. Thompson, Central Valley, Hatton and Mayville should all put together great teams. Thompson i think is the favorite to win this region with Schumacher back. But they will be challenged.  Thompson should win this section.
Section 4 would be between Grafton and Langdon. Grafton made it last year, but i dont know much about how many players they lose to age. I think Langdon will win this one though, they made it in h.s. and maybe they will get some players that didnt play h.s.
Section 5 will be 3 teams, Velva, Rollette and the Metros. Rollette gets 4 Rugby players and they could be decent. Velva will be good like always, and the Metros are young and could challenge those 2. Makoti also beat Velva but i heard they only have 1 good pitcher and he is inconsistant.  I see Velva winning this section.
Section 6 is pretty much Garrisons.  Hummell will lead them back to state.  None of those western teams can really put together much of any team.
Section 7 has 3 teams that could win it. Cooperstown, Steele and Harvey.  Cooperstown is probably the fav. with all their h.s. players and some from dakota prairie. Steele always puts together good teams and will tough.  Harvey has good pitching but we are inconsistant hitting. Not sure who will win this section. Toss up.
Section 8 will be either highway 21 or beulah i suppose. i would think Beulah would win because of their town size, but dont really know much about that section. Washbrun will take this section, forgot about them.

i would say thompson is again the obvious favorite to win state

Good thoughts. LaMoure didn't get any players from out of town. Just the regulars that have been out. They only lose one or two players this year and should be a contender for at least 3 years when the Babe Ruth champs are 18 yr olds.
bballuvr
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby baseballkid » Fri Jun 30, 2006 7:25 pm

Anyone of the records of Cooperstown, Langdon, Thompson, or LaMoure?
baseballkid

Postby Saucesauer » Fri Jun 30, 2006 9:09 pm

is it true from what i hear beulah is like 21-3???
Saucesauer
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby rep » Sat Jul 01, 2006 6:54 am

Cooperstown is something like 13-6 overall and 5-0 in section 7
rep

Postby kellygreenwonders » Sat Jul 01, 2006 7:21 am

thompsons first team is 11-1 and 7-0 in region counters.
kellygreenwonders
NDPreps Reserve

Postby baseballkid » Sat Jul 01, 2006 9:53 am

Saucesauer wrote:is it true from what i hear beulah is like 21-3???

Holy, they've played that many games already? But yeah I'm sure they have 3 losses. Two coming from Washburn and the other one was an upset pulled off by Hettinger in a 9-8 loss.

Who has Thompson lost to?

Carrington must not be all that great if they have 6 losses already.
Last edited by baseballkid on Sat Jul 01, 2006 9:54 am, edited 1 time in total.
baseballkid

Postby baseballkid » Sat Jul 01, 2006 9:45 pm

Washburn took two more from Mandan A's tonight, winning 16 - 6 and 14 - 0 making thier record 16 - 2.
baseballkid

Postby deere » Sun Jul 02, 2006 3:06 pm

I think a big sleeper team is carrington in section 7. Hasnt lost a single game by more then one run (except against harvey when there was 8 players). 5-3 in the section. Really starting to come around...
Last edited by deere on Sun Jul 02, 2006 3:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
deere

Postby baseball » Sun Jul 02, 2006 4:12 pm

[user=611]deere[/user] wrote: 

1 run, 10 runs....loss is a loss.
Pay Heed, All Who Enter: Beware of "The Phog"
baseball
NDPreps Legend

Postby baseballkid » Sun Jul 02, 2006 5:34 pm

Last edited by baseballkid on Wed Mar 07, 2007 5:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
baseballkid

Postby kellygreenwonders » Sun Jul 02, 2006 5:52 pm

yes im definately talking about the first games. thompson has 19 players and has enough for two teams and i never stick around for the 2nd games. sorry i dont know the overall record for sure
kellygreenwonders
NDPreps Reserve

Postby tanner lorenz » Sun Jul 02, 2006 6:07 pm

deere wrote:I think a big sleeper team is carrington in section 7. Hasnt lost a single game by more then one run (except against harvey when there was 8 players). 5-3 in the section. Really starting to come around...

only have 2 pitchers, bata and rosenau, and rosenau is hittable if his curve is off, which isint very often, but his fastball wont overpower you, bata is always pretty good with his fastball usually in the low 80's, besides snow, bata, and rosenau, they are all average to low average hitters, i know snow is a good hitter by experience, carrington could pull off an upset but they would have to do it by using a lot of pitching which they dont have
tanner lorenz

Postby baseball » Sun Jul 02, 2006 6:25 pm

exactly, carrington might be able to win 1 MAYBE 2 games during the tournament but dont expect them to make a trip to state.
baseball
NDPreps Legend

Postby tanner lorenz » Sun Jul 02, 2006 6:49 pm

baseball wrote:exactly, carrington might be able to win 1 MAYBE 2 games during the tournament but dont expect them to make a trip to state.
yep, they have too tough of a region to make it to state, steele cooperstown and harvey are all better than they are
tanner lorenz

Postby Saucesauer » Sun Jul 02, 2006 8:11 pm

tanner lorenz wrote:
baseball wrote:exactly, carrington might be able to win 1 MAYBE 2 games during the tournament but dont expect them to make a trip to state.
yep, they have too tough of a region to make it to state, steele cooperstown and harvey are all better than they are

that region dosent look too incredably tough steele has like 5 or 6 decent position players left from high school,  we beat them twice this summer, we beat cooperstown in a valley city tourny they cant feild a bunt to save their lives, we split with harvey with lorenz throwing the first 1 but i kinda want to see carrington play
Saucesauer
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby deere » Sun Jul 02, 2006 8:29 pm

Well I wouldnt say that those teams are necessarly better (not taking anything away from them, all good teams) but Carrington split with Harvey, beat Steele once (plays them on monday again) and lost to Cooperstown by one with the bases loaded in the bottom of the 7th with Grover pitching. (Not saying they could of beat cooper but were missing two key players Zach Glennen and Lucas Stangeland) So I'm saying there right in the mix of things in that section.
deere

Postby baseball » Sun Jul 02, 2006 8:39 pm

Saucesauer wrote:that region dosent look too incredably tough steele has like 5 or 6 decent position players left from high school,  we beat them twice this summer, we beat cooperstown in a valley city tourny they cant feild a bunt to save their lives, we split with harvey with lorenz throwing the first 1 but i kinda want to see carrington play

nowhere did anyone say that this region was going to win state.  It was just simply stated that as of now Carrington woudl be considered the 4th best team in the region (Cooperstown, Harvey, and Steele).
baseball
NDPreps Legend

Postby tanner lorenz » Sun Jul 02, 2006 9:03 pm

deere wrote:Well I wouldnt say that those teams are necessarly better (not taking anything away from them, all good teams) but Carrington split with Harvey, beat Steele once (plays them on monday again) and lost to Cooperstown by one with the bases loaded in the bottom of the 7th with Grover pitching. (Not saying they could of beat cooper but were missing two key players Zach Glennen and Lucas Stangeland) So I'm saying there right in the mix of things in that section.

where does glennen play, when we played em i cant remember him, if he was there he sure didnt do much
tanner lorenz

Postby tanner lorenz » Sun Jul 02, 2006 9:09 pm

Saucesauer wrote:
tanner lorenz wrote:

that region dosent look too incredably tough steele has like 5 or 6 decent position players left from high school,  we beat them twice this summer, we beat cooperstown in a valley city tourny they cant feild a bunt to save their lives, we split with harvey with lorenz throwing the first 1 but i kinda want to see carrington play
steele has a short supply on pitchers, shwab, lang, and bakkum are their only pitchers, all are hittable, xpt i have never seen bakkum throw so i wont say anything about him pitching, cooperstown has very good hitters, pitching staff that throws strikes and if a team swings the bat they can be beat, cooperstown is a team that can play 8 games in a tournament and have a chance at winning it because of all their decent pitchers, carrington has very weak fielders and not the strongest pitching staff, and they lost to new rockford earlier in the year, and new rockford could very well be the worst team in the region
tanner lorenz

Postby Saucesauer » Mon Jul 03, 2006 6:46 am

ok my bad i but even though they lost to new rockford all it was was an upset hettinger beat beulah i just want to see carrington play so i can judge for myself
Saucesauer
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby deere » Mon Jul 03, 2006 7:11 am

where does glennen play, when we played em i cant remember him, if he was there he sure didnt do much
He plays center field, but no he wasnt there for both games (couldn't get off work). He can put the ball in play and really motor down the line.
deere

Postby Ming01 » Mon Jul 03, 2006 4:44 pm

Lets see some predictions.  Which 8 teams will make state and why?
Ming01
NDPreps Legend

Postby bisonman » Mon Jul 03, 2006 4:44 pm

deere wrote:
He plays center field, but no he wasnt there for both games (couldn't get off work). He can put the ball in play and really motor down the line.

Glennon is a no show and won't be playing for Carrington.
bisonman
NDPreps Starter

Postby tanner lorenz » Mon Jul 03, 2006 4:54 pm

Ming01 wrote:Lets see some predictions.  Which 8 teams will make state and why?
 i gave mine earlier
tanner lorenz

PreviousNext

Return to Class B