Class B all state

Postby bballer2 » Sun Jun 04, 2006 6:10 am

Now that we might have seen some of the better players play around the state, who do you think deserves all state honors and at what position?
bballer2
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby tadam6 » Sun Jun 04, 2006 11:47 am

yeah...who...
tadam6

Postby baseball » Sun Jun 04, 2006 12:18 pm

Zach Scheafer impressed me quite a bit this weekend.
Pay Heed, All Who Enter: Beware of "The Phog"
baseball
NDPreps Legend

Postby rep » Sun Jun 04, 2006 12:27 pm

pitching wise, greek was solid, grover was outstanding on thursday and then i thought his second outing was kind of average, schaefer is a stud, bakkum was lights out, heins was castle in his first start and then outhouse in his second, tom weidler was pretty salty, huettl was great for five innings in his first start and then the last two innings were painful to watch, and i thought steve berreth was really underrated...when i talked to silbernagel he said that berreth likes to start innings (or have no runners on base) but when he came in the championship game in relief he worked out of a pretty difficult jam.

catching wise, i thought berreth was solid and trevor quick was pulling off gymnast moves behind the plate to block balls, but i didn't really notice anyone else.

in the outfield, steele's left fielder made a great play that i remember, i thought billy gibbs had a couple of really nice plays, but for the most part there was some good solid outfielders for every team.

i thought langdon's first baseman had oustanding agility for being a big guy. he looked like a legit college tackle, but the kid could really motor when covering first.

i'm sure i'm leaving out a ton of kids that had good weekends, but those are what came to mind right off the top of my head.  
rep

Postby sportsfan27 » Sun Jun 04, 2006 12:57 pm

Zach Schafer is a stud. Mark Bakkum is a great player. I thought those were the two top short stops. Steve Berreth looked to be the best catcher there, and that Trevor Quick kid is also a good catcher for midkota. Heuttl is an unbelievable hitter, hits the ball really hard to oppsite field. Watkins is a descent hitter and he is young. Kjehmus throws really hard good player. Langdon's whole defense is tough, they don't make errors.
sportsfan27
NDPreps Rookie

Postby 22 » Sun Jun 04, 2006 1:33 pm

Is Mark Bakkum a Junior or a Senior??

Postby rep » Sun Jun 04, 2006 1:46 pm

junior
rep

Postby bball1niner » Sun Jun 04, 2006 2:22 pm

Tanner Adam was solid behind the plate for langdon, really didnt show what he could do in the batters box but solid defensively, and most of thompson's players were outstanding hitters, from top to bottom.  Langdon's bats showed up for the first 2 games not the third, Lamoure absolutely killed the ball the first 2 games but again thompson shut them down.  Holen hit every ball hard up the middle it seemed.  Minot Ryan's hitters other than Huettyl ddin't show up, the whole team kinda gave up it seems.  Velva can hit the ball, showed character winning that 3rd place game after a rally by midkota.  Midkota played really well the 1st game, seemed not to really want it as bad the next 2 games.  Steele won that game but most of all langdon lost it.  They shot themselves in the foot in the first 2 innings left bases loaded and couldn't come through.

Lots of average players, a few good players, and a few that set them selves from the rest:

Jacob Wurtz - Thompson; as good as advertised

Grover - Midkota; pitched a gem against Thompson

Huettyl - Minot Ryan; solid all around, most impressive defensivly

Bakkum - Steele; I hate to say this, very very arrogant but good, he STEPPED UP

Holen - Lamoure; Not the best pitcher but hit the crap out of the ball

Schaefer - Langdon; Didn't have his best stuff the championship game, and it cost him, and Steele clutched up

Weidler - Velva; not his best tourney i know, but he is a stud

That's my incite on the tourney, feel free to reply

bball1niner

Postby tadam6 » Sun Jun 04, 2006 6:39 pm

Steele struggled in the first 3 innings but then found the right guy to throw i guess and pretty much shut langdon down....bakkum threw well...showed up at the plate as well...he'll be a demon to face next year..
tadam6

Postby rep » Tue Jun 06, 2006 3:58 pm

something else to consider with midkota's jordan grover...i don't know if anyone ran on him with a fly ball to center in the tournament? maybe they did and i can't remember it, but can think of one or two instances where they didn't try it. asside from his pitching performance against thompson he probably kept a few runs off the boards with sac flies.
rep

Postby baseball » Tue Jun 06, 2006 6:21 pm

rep wrote:something else to consider with midkota's jordan grover...i don't know if anyone ran on him with a fly ball to center in the tournament? maybe they did and i can't remember it, but can think of one or two instances where they didn't try it. asside from his pitching performance against thompson he probably kept a few runs off the boards with sac flies.

not alot of people are going to run when the ball is caught 20 feet behind second base.  maybe people wouldve ran if the ball wasnt an infield pop up.
baseball
NDPreps Legend

Postby baseball » Tue Jun 06, 2006 6:24 pm

bball1niner wrote:Steele won that game but most of all langdon lost it.  They shot themselves in the foot in the first 2 innings left bases loaded and couldn't come through.

I wouldnt say Langdon shot themselves in the foot by not coming through.  Steele did more of the "shooting" when they walked the bases loaded in the first 2 innings.
baseball
NDPreps Legend

Postby pakkyzoo » Tue Jun 06, 2006 8:38 pm

baseball wrote:
rep wrote:something else to consider with midkota's jordan grover...i don't know if anyone ran on him with a fly ball to center in the tournament? maybe they did and i can't remember it, but can think of one or two instances where they didn't try it. asside from his pitching performance against thompson he probably kept a few runs off the boards with sac flies.

not alot of people are going to run when the ball is caught 20 feet behind second base.  maybe people wouldve ran if the ball wasnt an infield pop up.
everytime he caught with runners on they were scared to run on him, i saw him throw 2 or 3 bullets to home plate
pakkyzoo
NDPreps All-State

Postby ticket0115 » Mon Jul 31, 2006 5:47 pm

There is some players that teams didnt go to state that are all state caliber right?

ticket0115
NDPreps Starter

Postby bison_18 » Mon Jul 31, 2006 5:55 pm

Yes, but its alot harder to get exposure unless you're team makes it to the state tournament.
Last edited by bison_18 on Mon Jul 31, 2006 5:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
bison_18
NDPreps Starter

Postby baseball » Mon Jul 31, 2006 6:12 pm

exactly, unless your the region sr of the year people probably wont konw about you unless your in state.
baseball
NDPreps Legend

Return to Class B