Midkota Mustangs

Postby pakkyzoo » Sat May 27, 2006 12:47 pm

Very well coached team, led by Rick Christianson.  Bryan Christianson and Jordan Grover are very good hitters.  I think they will give Thompson a run for there money. I have played against both teams and I think it will be closer then the experts think. 
pakkyzoo
NDPreps All-State

Postby baseball » Sat May 27, 2006 1:18 pm

my opinion is that if you get in the heads of the Midkota players all you have to do is finish the game.  The game i saw they seemed to be somewhat of hotheads.
Pay Heed, All Who Enter: Beware of "The Phog"
baseball
NDPreps Legend

Postby tanner lorenz » Sat May 27, 2006 1:21 pm

mikdota can hit the ball, but, i think thompson will rip any of their pitchers apart, i will say 10-15 thompson runs
tanner lorenz

Postby pakkyzoo » Sat May 27, 2006 1:32 pm

tanner lorenz wrote:mikdota can hit the ball, but, i think thompson will rip any of their pitchers apart, i will say 10-15 thompson runs

The first championship game I think they won by one run to Harvey. Then they ripped Harvey pretty good in the 2nd Championship game.  They threw the the senior player of the region, Kevin Buxa.  They hit him hard.  Midkota threw Nick Wieland and hes there 3rd pitcher and won pretty easy that game too. Will have to see who Thompson throws first game.  Last year they threw one of the twins first round against Rollete, the right handed one im not sure who it is either Tyler or Aaron. Midkota also beat Steele and Langdon this year.
Last edited by pakkyzoo on Sat May 27, 2006 1:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
pakkyzoo
NDPreps All-State

Postby kellygreenwonders » Sat May 27, 2006 1:35 pm

Righty is Tyler. You can probably expect to see him in the first round again this year, no word for sure though.
kellygreenwonders
NDPreps Reserve

Postby baseball11 » Sat May 27, 2006 2:10 pm

Langdon split with Midkota.
baseball11

Postby tanner lorenz » Sat May 27, 2006 3:18 pm

pakkyzoo wrote:
tanner lorenz wrote:mikdota can hit the ball, but, i think thompson will rip any of their pitchers apart, i will say 10-15 thompson runs

The first championship game I think they won by one run to Harvey. Then they ripped Harvey pretty good in the 2nd Championship game.  They threw the the senior player of the region, Kevin Buxa.  They hit him hard.  Midkota threw Nick Wieland and hes there 3rd pitcher and won pretty easy that game too. Will have to see who Thompson throws first game.  Last year they threw one of the twins first round against Rollete, the right handed one im not sure who it is either Tyler or Aaron. Midkota also beat Steele and Langdon this year.
correction, they lost by 1 run to us in the first game
tanner lorenz

Postby tingly » Sat May 27, 2006 4:28 pm

[user=713]baseball11[/user] wrote:
Langdon split with Midkota.

They split with Steele, too, but Steele isn't as good as their 2004 2nd place team.
tingly
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby baseball » Sat May 27, 2006 4:35 pm

What does the 04 team have to do with spliting this year?
baseball
NDPreps Legend

Postby pakkyzoo » Sat May 27, 2006 4:42 pm

tanner lorenz wrote:
pakkyzoo wrote:

correction, they lost by 1 run to us in the first game

Correction to you, you guys (Harvey) beat them by 1 to play Dakota Prairie.  Then you guys lost to Midkota by 1 in the first championship and then got ten run ruled the second championship.  I think you, Tanner, pitched both of the one run games?
pakkyzoo
NDPreps All-State

Postby Boyyo27 » Sat May 27, 2006 8:20 pm

baseball wrote:my opinion is that if you get in the heads of the Midkota players all you have to do is finish the game.  The game i saw they seemed to be somewhat of hotheads.
Midkota is a great coached well mannered team and mark my words they will win!!!
Boyyo27
NDPreps Starter

Postby tanner lorenz » Sat May 27, 2006 9:53 pm

Boyyo27 wrote:
Midkota is a great coached well mannered team and mark my words they will win!!!

well, we'll see, i'm not counting you out, but it definatley will be the hardest game that theyve played all year, and yes, i did pitch both 1 run games
tanner lorenz

Postby ndfan » Sun May 28, 2006 6:17 am

[user=508]baseball[/user] wrote:
What does the 04 team have to do with spliting this year?

I'm guessing he's trying to say that your team isn't as good as your 04 team and won't place any better then them this year.
Matt Houdek. @ndfan55
ndfan
NDPreps Legend

Postby baseball » Sun May 28, 2006 7:50 am

maybe im saying both teams got better.  It was 2 years ago ya know and both teams now have alot of kids who saw playing time in 04
baseball
NDPreps Legend

Postby Boyyo27 » Sun May 28, 2006 8:59 am

I heard Grover is pitching and i think he will shut them down
Boyyo27
NDPreps Starter

Postby kellygreenwonders » Sun May 28, 2006 9:04 am

who is this Grover guy? i've never heard anything about him.
kellygreenwonders
NDPreps Reserve

Postby tanner lorenz » Sun May 28, 2006 12:01 pm

kellygreenwonders wrote:who is this Grover guy? i've never heard anything about him.

hes a left handed pitcher for midkota, he's a good pitcher, has good control and a decent offspead pitch, he can reach back and blow it by you if he wants to, and if he's on, he could maybe hang with thompson, but he will have to pitch a flawless game like that guy jus said, i dont think grover could go the full 7 innings, they might have to use anderson or wieland in relief to get a new look so they can maybe get the thompson hitters offbalance and out of rythem, but i'm goin to say thompson wins 13-3 in 6
tanner lorenz

Postby Dizza30 » Sun May 28, 2006 9:02 pm

tanner lorenz wrote:
kellygreenwonders wrote:who is this Grover guy? i've never heard anything about him.

hes a left handed pitcher for midkota, he's a good pitcher, has good control and a decent offspead pitch, he can reach back and blow it by you if he wants to, and if he's on, he could maybe hang with thompson, but he will have to pitch a flawless game like that guy jus said, i dont think grover could go the full 7 innings, they might have to use anderson or wieland in relief to get a new look so they can maybe get the thompson hitters offbalance and out of rythem, but i'm goin to say thompson wins 13-3 in 6

I think grover is gonna shut them down........it will be close.......i guarentee it
Dizza30
NDPreps Starter

Postby bisonman » Mon May 29, 2006 1:28 am

Dizza30 wrote:
tanner lorenz wrote:

I think grover is gonna shut them down........it will be close.......i guarentee it

Playing against both Thompson and Midkota this year and hitting off Grover, don't get me wrong, he's good, but Thompson will rip him apart.
bisonman
NDPreps Starter

Postby Dizza30 » Mon May 29, 2006 7:47 am

this thompson team must be one of the best ever in the state huh?  Could they match up with class A teams?
Dizza30
NDPreps Starter

Postby Dizza30 » Mon May 29, 2006 8:54 am

SCC wrote:Well, just look at what Thompson did last year at state.  They could do it again if things go their way.

yes there is no question they are great, but i think that the games will be much closer this year
Last edited by Dizza30 on Mon May 29, 2006 8:55 am, edited 1 time in total.
Dizza30
NDPreps Starter

Postby kellygreenwonders » Mon May 29, 2006 1:35 pm

i play for Thompson and i agree i dont think our games will like last year, last year we peaked extremely high right at tourney time and unless we do it this year it wont happen again.
kellygreenwonders
NDPreps Reserve

Postby baseball » Mon May 29, 2006 1:49 pm

yes, that was an amzing state tourney.  But i dont think that the dominance they showed can be showed again.
baseball
NDPreps Legend

Postby Dizza30 » Mon May 29, 2006 3:30 pm

anybody know who last beat thompson in the state tournament and who was pitching???
Dizza30
NDPreps Starter

Postby tingly » Mon May 29, 2006 4:03 pm

Thompson swept last year and all I can remember about 2004 is Steele got 2nd after their top pitchers ran out of innings.
tingly
NDPreps All-Conference

Next

Return to Class B