State Tournament

Postby power-aid14 » Sun May 28, 2006 5:33 pm

this alderbach kid threw 80 as a freshman?
flippin idiot
power-aid14
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby tanner lorenz » Sun May 28, 2006 5:43 pm

he threw hard, i would guess he topped out at 82, but like i said, he got hurt and he threw about 70 this year in hs ball, it might take him a while seeing how he is kinda small
tanner lorenz

Postby rep » Tue May 30, 2006 6:03 pm

weather for the tournament looks good overall...some rain is expected on Wednesday, but with any luck that shouldn't pose big difficulties. thursday looks clear and the same with friday, but from the way it looks, rain might wander in on saturday.

30 percent chance (my dad told me once there is a 30 percent chance of rain every day in north dakota) of thunder storms according to weather.com. here's to clear weather.
rep

Postby 22 » Tue May 30, 2006 7:15 pm

Why isnt state high school baseball double elimination like legion baseball???

Postby baseball » Tue May 30, 2006 9:09 pm

no high school sports are double elim are they?  Legion is a whole different program or whatever.
Pay Heed, All Who Enter: Beware of "The Phog"
baseball
NDPreps Legend

Postby tingly » Tue May 30, 2006 9:52 pm

It's probably because of budget plus time away from school for those that go into June.
tingly
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby tadam6 » Wed May 31, 2006 7:18 am

I know the Legion regional is double elim
tadam6

Postby baseball4life » Wed May 31, 2006 7:45 am

huettl propbably hits 80 plus he has good offspeed. his change up gets people and his curveball is working. bishop ryan has alot of pitching depth too.

baseball4life
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby tadam6 » Wed May 31, 2006 9:20 am

I'm from Langdon and we played Bishop Ryan earlier this year but we didn't see Huettl. He is a vacuum at 3rd base and hits the ball hard to all fields...from what i saw...he can hit any pitch anywhere over the plate...breaking balls he hits the best in my opinion
tadam6

Postby tingly » Thu Jun 01, 2006 11:16 am

[user=508]baseball[/user] wrote:
Midkota will not beat Thompson.
What was that? ;) They hinted they might lose in pretourney articles, but I didn't think they would either. Apparently, Midkota's performance in regionals wasn't a fluke.

Who is the fave now, Midkota, Steele or Langdon?
tingly
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby 22 » Sun Jun 04, 2006 1:35 pm

the dynasty wrote:Velva is very overrated and it will show at state. Minot Ryan should have no problem with that game.

I just have to laugh about this post. Shouldnt say this before a state tournament.

Postby power-aid14 » Sun Jun 04, 2006 5:21 pm

so which teams from this state tourney should we see back next year as favorites becuz of their young talent?
flippin idiot
power-aid14
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby 22 » Sun Jun 04, 2006 5:23 pm

LaMoure really impressed me with how well they hit with such young talent. Next year when they have more experience they could make a good run for a championship.

Postby rep » Sun Jun 04, 2006 5:40 pm

lamoure - losing four seniors, but has a host of younger kids that can really play. i also wonder with this year being their first year with a high school team, if next year they won't have a few more kids out? definite maybe.

thompson - yeah, they'll be back. i think the two kjemhus boys alone could probably get them there. those two are talented. syrstad, myron and thompson will also be back, those they will lose a couple of friggin awesome players from this year's team and seven seniors.

midkota - i will never again count a rick christianson team as down and out. that said, they are losing quick, stangeland, wieland, grover and bryan christianson. they were a good chunk of what that team was all about.

langdon - losing four seniors, but the biggies are flink and schaefer. schwabe really impressed me this weekend though and coaches a good game and with tanner adam and drew wold back, who knows? might depend on their region because it has been full of really tough teams in years past.

rolletee-rolla - losing a lot of talent, but i have no idea about their region. boucher was solid and scott and vandal were good players. they are losing six seniors overall...to me that would tough to overcome.

velva - they had seven juniors on the team and though they will need to find a replacement for weidler and effertz in the rotation. that might not be possible and they also need to find someone to replace loftesnes behind the dish. he was solid.

ryan - losing three seniors, and replacing huettl and bosch might be difficult. a ton of younger kids though and they might be able to just swarm opposition with experience in the next couple of years.

steele-dawson - losing a ton of talent...gone will be chris heins, dan schwab, steve berreth, trent ochsner, conrad nelson...i think the only pitcher they will bring back with any extended experience will be bakkum? if i had to guess as long as he is pitching they have a chance, though, and they will probably be a lot better at the end of the year than at the beginning. i'm not positive as to who washburn is losing...that might be the real difference-maker because if both are losing a lot, then you can just flip a coin.

thoughts?
rep

Previous

Return to Class B