more b

Postby kellygreenwonders » Tue May 02, 2006 7:04 pm

Tyler Kjhemus pitched an extremely good first game giving up roughly 3 or 4 hits. Matt greek pitched the second game against a decent contact hitting central valley team. 3 unearned were given up by thompsons defense. Not to mention a poor apperance at the plate by the tommies. Other than the pitching performances by matt and tyler, it definately wasnt thompsons best day.
kellygreenwonders
NDPreps Reserve

Postby baseball » Wed May 03, 2006 5:32 am

would central valley be a team to consider coming from that region or was a just a lucky game?
Last edited by baseball on Wed May 03, 2006 5:32 am, edited 1 time in total.
Pay Heed, All Who Enter: Beware of "The Phog"
baseball
NDPreps Legend

Postby baseball » Wed May 03, 2006 5:54 am

I also heard Mayport had a chance.  After looking at their roster i dont know how they can with 4 SR  1Soph and a bunch of freshman and 8th graders?
baseball
NDPreps Legend

Postby KPuck34 » Wed May 03, 2006 7:26 am

A 'Volk' of lighting - Harvey High School baseball player Tyler Volk's quickness has opposing pitchers constantly checking first base like they have a tick in their neck. But no matter how hard of an eye they keep on him, they can't keep the 'Volk' of lightning from striking.

Full story: http://www.minotdailynews.com/sports/story/052202006_spt2sport2.asp
KPuck34
NDPreps Starter

Postby kellygreenwonders » Wed May 03, 2006 7:28 am

There is a small chance that a different team may come out of the region the only problem with central valley is they only have one half ways decent pitcher which will hurt them at regionals. As for mayport they are really not that impressive, i wouldnt be surprised if they placed 4th or worse in the region tournament, i dont think there is any chance that they will come out of this region.
kellygreenwonders
NDPreps Reserve

Postby baseball » Wed May 03, 2006 7:30 am

how could they be ranked to begin the year then?
baseball
NDPreps Legend

Postby 643master » Wed May 03, 2006 7:36 am

baseball wrote:would central valley be a team to consider coming from that region or was a just a lucky game?

Allright, I hate it when people dont give credit where credit is due, there is no such thing as an lucky game.  CV probably loses 19 out of 20 games to Thompson but they played and beat Thompson give them credit.  If Thompson had their worst game and CV their best its still not a "lucky game."  Hours and hours of hard work and practice went into those two games against Thompson.  Region tourneys I believe are single elimination so anything can happen, would I bet against Thompson, no, but you have to consider any team that fields nine players.

I saw that you asked about May-Port, I think they have a small chance to win, just like CV did.  First I think MPCG needs to believe they can achieve before it will happen, and right now, they don't.
"A somebody was once a nobody who wanted to and did." - Anonymous
643master
NDPreps Reserve

Postby baseball » Wed May 03, 2006 7:40 am

643master wrote:
baseball wrote:would central valley be a team to consider coming from that region or was a just a lucky game?

Allright, I hate it when people dont give credit where credit is due, there is no such thing as an lucky game.  CV probably loses 19 out of 20 games to Thompson but they played and beat Thompson give them credit.  If Thompson had their worst game and CV their best its still not a "lucky game."  Hours and hours of hard work and practice went into those two games against Thompson.  Region tourneys I believe are single elimination so anything can happen, would I bet against Thompson, no, but you have to consider any team that fields nine players.

I saw that you asked about May-Port, I think they have a small chance to win, just like CV did.  First I think MPCG needs to believe they can achieve before it will happen, and right now, they don't.

thompson having their worst game.  i woudl say CV was lucky it was against them?
baseball
NDPreps Legend

Postby 643master » Wed May 03, 2006 7:40 am

MPCG probably got ranked that high becuase they had some good kids coming back that were juniors and seniors that did not come back to play.  They aren't a good team and are super young.  See my topic "baseball going down" that I posted earlier.
643master
NDPreps Reserve

Postby kellygreenwonders » Wed May 03, 2006 7:43 am

i agree luck wasnt the reason cv won, thompson did hit very poorly and cv executed many nice defensive plays. region tourneys are double elimination which is why i dont think mayport will do good due to their lack of pitching.
kellygreenwonders
NDPreps Reserve

Postby baseball » Wed May 03, 2006 7:43 am

are u telling me that there isnt 10 teams better then mayport in ND? Thompson, Velva, Steele, Washburn, Ryan, Central Cass, Kindred is no slouch, Central Valley?, Midkota, Harvey
baseball
NDPreps Legend

Postby 643master » Wed May 03, 2006 7:51 am

I never said that, believe me when I say MPCG had no business being ranked high, I believe I even said something about that in the rankings post when it came out.  Having the regional tourney double elimination I dont believe any team will come out of that region besides Thompson.  If you're wondering Im glad its double elimination.  MPCG has three pitchers that could win some good games, but those three players while they pitch put another young person in the field that shouldnt be out there.  Their defense is very very weak.  I do believe its possible that they steal a game from a much better team.  Thompson has always had the tendacy to overlook teams and throw lesser pitchers the first round. (this year it sounds like it doesn't matter who they throw)  If you knew me you would understand why I say its possible, cuase it is.  Theres 21 outs in a game that each team works with, plenty of wierd things can happen.
643master
NDPreps Reserve

Postby Photo-man-Bob » Wed May 03, 2006 8:37 am

[user=267]rep[/user] wrote:
[align=center]from may 2[/align] midkota knocked off harvey 15-6, in a region 3 game. on a side note, at the beginning of the season, the midkota coach thought harvey had a good shot at being the team to beat in the region. jordan grover struck out six and had three hits including a two-run homer in the fourth inning for Midkota. bryan christianson had 3 hits and 3 rbi, sheldon harding had 3 hits. nick weiland and lucas stangeland each had 2 hits. kevin buxa was 3-for-3 for harvey while tyler volk added a couple of hits. midkota outhit harvey 18-5. midkota's 3-4-5 hitters had 10 hits and drove in seven runs. the 2-3-4-5-6 portion of the lineup had 14 hits. midkota 9-2 (5-2 in the region). no idea on harvey's record. not sure who is leading region 3...midkota has the two losses and i think that lakota and pbk each have two region losses. lakota has beaten midkota and midkota has beaten pbk i think. i can't remember if pbk and lakota have played.
You're right on the Region 3 situation, it should clear up a bit when Midkota goes to Kensal Tuesday...but they (Midkota) host Steele and Langdon first this weekend.
Photo-man-Bob

Postby Tigger » Wed May 03, 2006 6:31 pm

I don't think that CV-Hillsboro's win over Thompson on Tuesday was a fluke at all.  I have coached at the Babe Ruth level in the area for the last three years, and I was at Thompson on Tuesday.  CV-Hillsboro has a very fine ballclub, but they are younger than Thompson.  They don't have the power that some of the Thompson hitters have or quite the same level of depth, but they play well together as a team.  Three years ago Thompson won the state Babe Ruth tournament without all that much trouble, and that is the group of guys that are leading the Thompson team now.  CV-Hillsboro won the Babe Ruth championship two years ago with an undefeated record, so there is obviously some talent there.  I think that people saw how Thompson walked to the state B title last year and assume that they are miles ahead of everyone in their area.  I'd say Thompson will probably make it out of this region this year, but CV-H will challenge them and will be the team to beat next year.  As for MPCG, they can hang with teams as long as they get a good pitching performance from one of the seniors.  I think Thompson's gonna roll over them tomorrow.
Tigger
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby tanner lorenz » Thu May 04, 2006 5:46 pm

Harvey- 10
Carrington- 0

Harvey had 2 hrs from kevin buxa and casey frantz, tyler volk had 4 doubles, Carrington was held to 2 hits, harvey know is 6-3 in the region, and 16-3 overall
tanner lorenz

Postby bison_18 » Thu May 04, 2006 6:30 pm

Does Harvey have any wins against any top teams in the state?
bison_18
NDPreps Starter

Postby Ming01 » Thu May 04, 2006 6:51 pm

Is Harvey in Minot Ryans region?
Ming01
NDPreps Legend

Postby bison_18 » Thu May 04, 2006 7:00 pm

No, they're actually two regions apart. Harvey plays teams in central ND. Ryan plays team in the NW part of the state.
bison_18
NDPreps Starter

Postby 22 » Fri May 05, 2006 6:41 am

I was reading the Minot Daily Paper and it said that Surrey beat MLSG 11-8 it said that Surrey scored 8 runs in the bottom of the 7th. I was just making sure this score was correct because Surrey hasn't won a region game yet.

Postby tanner lorenz » Fri May 05, 2006 9:38 am

bison_18 wrote:Does Harvey have any wins against any top teams in the state?

we havent played any teams that are top in the state.  they teams we have played outside our region has been starkwether munich (16-2 Win), rollete (9-1 Win), we play velva later in the next 2 weeks so that will be our toughest game in the year
tanner lorenz

Postby rep » Fri May 05, 2006 2:07 pm

lamoure-litchville-marion got 1 hit and 1 rbi from lee slykerman, dillon willey, ben watkins and cameron albertson in beating enderling-mv 5-2 in region 1.

ben watkins gets the pitching victory. llm outhit emv 7-6.  

enderlin-mv won the non-league game 5-1.
rep

Postby Wild Wolves » Fri May 05, 2006 4:42 pm

Who is the mv portion of that co-op.
Wild Wolves
NDPreps All-State

Postby rep » Fri May 05, 2006 7:01 pm

maple valley
rep

Postby rep » Fri May 05, 2006 7:04 pm

[align=center]may 5[/align]
midkota stopped steele's 18-game winning streak as they won 2-1 in the opening game of a two-game set in binford.

all three runs scored in the game were unearned...midkota scored on past balls and steele scored on an error with runners on first and second.

joel anderson won and had 7 k's. mark bakkum last.

the second game went into the eighth tied 2-2 when steele got 10 runs on three hits combined with 6 midkota errors.

anderson gets the loss in relief, while dan schwab gets the win in relief.

midkota is 10-3, steele is 20-2.

midkota hosts langdon on saturday, may 6 and steele is in washburn on may 9
rep

Postby kellygreenwonders » Sat May 06, 2006 4:37 pm

how did the midkota vs. langdon game turn out?
kellygreenwonders
NDPreps Reserve

PreviousNext

Return to Class B