Spring ball

Spring ball

Postby Your daddy » Mon May 01, 2023 8:06 pm

Now that we've finally gotten to play some games what are everyone's thoughts on some of the region favorites? From what I saw in Enderlin this past weekend Region 1 is going to be a very competitive region. Kindred, Northern Cass, Oakes, and CC all looked good. As always I think it'll come down to who can keep their better pitchers under the pitch count come region tournament time.
Your daddy
NDPreps Starter

Re: Spring ball

Postby BelfieldBantams » Thu May 04, 2023 12:14 pm

I was thinking the same thing about Region 1. Very tight with four very good teams there. I think between these four teams it'll come down to which of the extra guys are going to step up. I think everyone's top of the lineup is similar enough, but what are you going to get from 5 or 6 thru 9. Also top of the rotation guys are very good for each team, who is going to have #2, 3 and 4 step up and pitch lights out.
BelfieldBantams
NDPreps Starter

Postby bingobangobongo » Thu May 04, 2023 2:29 pm

BelfieldBantams wrote:I was thinking the same thing about Region 1. Very tight with four very good teams there. I think between these four teams it'll come down to which of the extra guys are going to step up. I think everyone's top of the lineup is similar enough, but what are you going to get from 5 or 6 thru 9. Also top of the rotation guys are very good for each team, who is going to have #2, 3 and 4 step up and pitch lights out.

I think you could say you said about every Region every year. It really boils down to which teams have that decent 3rd, 4th and 5th pitchers. Occasionally you'll see an offensive juggernaut where it doesn't matter as much for them how good their own 3-5 pitchers are as they are putting up 10-15 runs every game.
bingobangobongo
NDPreps Starter

Postby Flip » Fri May 05, 2023 10:57 am

Is there a good place to get scores?
Flip
NDPreps Legend

Postby WalkingStick » Fri May 05, 2023 12:25 pm

Flip wrote:Is there a good place to get scores?

I was told not to bother doing scores this spring...so my website doesn't have them for 2023.

I'd suggest NDHSAA website for Class B and the EDC & WDA websites for their respective scores.
One Stop Shop for All North Dakota Scores
https://www.northdakotaprepscoreboards.com/

"Control what you can control...Can't fix ignorant people"
WalkingStick
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby Region 1 Fan » Fri May 05, 2023 1:18 pm

Does there happen to be any sites that have stats for players/teams? NDHSAA does a pretty good job on updating scores and standings but don't know if there is sites such as HUDL that you can use to view stats on Baseball.
Region 1 Fan
NDPreps Starter

Postby Your daddy » Sat May 06, 2023 12:18 pm

Maxpreps is good for stats if the teams use it
Your daddy
NDPreps Starter

Postby sportsphenom » Tue May 09, 2023 10:08 am

Region 1 Fan wrote:Does there happen to be any sites that have stats for players/teams? NDHSAA does a pretty good job on updating scores and standings but don't know if there is sites such as HUDL that you can use to view stats on Baseball.

Alot of teams in our area (Region 3) use GameChanger.
sportsphenom
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby bingobangobongo » Tue May 09, 2023 10:13 am

Region 1 Fan wrote:Does there happen to be any sites that have stats for players/teams? NDHSAA does a pretty good job on updating scores and standings but don't know if there is sites such as HUDL that you can use to view stats on Baseball.

I jumped on NDHSAA to look at standings state wide. 2 things that jumped out at me, and based on the assumption the NDHSAA site is fairly up to date:

1. Class A East Region, Class B Region 4, and a handful of teams throughout the other Class B regions sure aren't getting many games in. I'm assuming mainly because of weather/field conditions for A East and B Region 4, but there is also a wide disparity of games played just within regions. Also, assuming M-P-B couldn't field a team this spring. Hopefully everyone can get a lot of games in prior to the regional tourneys.

2. I get that geography/driving distance is likely the biggest factor in this, but I think it is dumb to have a region with only 5 teams (Region 4) and a region with 9 teams (Region 7). There are 52 teams listed (51 for this year if you take out M-P-B). It's a pain to constantly redraw region lines, but it seems like 4 regions of 6 teams and 4 regions of 7 teams would be better.
bingobangobongo
NDPreps Starter

Postby WalkingStick » Tue May 09, 2023 11:19 am

bingobangobongo wrote:

I jumped on NDHSAA to look at standings state wide. 2 things that jumped out at me, and based on the assumption the NDHSAA site is fairly up to date:

1. Class A East Region, Class B Region 4, and a handful of teams throughout the other Class B regions sure aren't getting many games in. I'm assuming mainly because of weather/field conditions for A East and B Region 4, but there is also a wide disparity of games played just within regions. Also, assuming M-P-B couldn't field a team this spring. Hopefully everyone can get a lot of games in prior to the regional tourneys.

2. I get that geography/driving distance is likely the biggest factor in this, but I think it is dumb to have a region with only 5 teams (Region 4) and a region with 9 teams (Region 7). There are 52 teams listed (51 for this year if you take out M-P-B). It's a pain to constantly redraw region lines, but it seems like 4 regions of 6 teams and 4 regions of 7 teams would be better.

For Class A EDC games check out the EDC website:
https://sites.google.com/view/edcbaseball/home

Far more game results on there then on the NDHSAA website. EDC & WDA have their own websites that do a great job with results.
One Stop Shop for All North Dakota Scores
https://www.northdakotaprepscoreboards.com/

"Control what you can control...Can't fix ignorant people"
WalkingStick
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Return to Class B