2018 Preseason Predictions

2018 Preseason Predictions

Postby Rivershark » Tue Mar 20, 2018 12:43 am

The first day of the high school is upon us. Who are the teams to beat this year?

Park River - Big hitters returning, 5 returning pitchers, this group of kids have now won 3 state titles in a row (Babe Ruth, High School, Legion)
Thompson - Always competitive, good all around players
Carrington -
Langdon -
Velva-
Kindred-
I'm not that familiar with the teams out west, but I would think Bishop Ryan and Shiloh would also be up there.
Rivershark
NDPreps All-Conference

Re: 2018 Preseason Predictions

Postby NodakQ2 » Tue Mar 20, 2018 9:21 am

Rivershark wrote:The first day of the high school is upon us. Who are the teams to beat this year?

Park River - Big hitters returning, 5 returning pitchers, this group of kids have now won 3 state titles in a row (Babe Ruth, High School, Legion)
Thompson - Always competitive, good all around players
Carrington -
Langdon -
Velva-
Kindred-
I'm not that familiar with the teams out west, but I would think Bishop Ryan and Shiloh would also be up there.

Your top three GOTTA be the favorites with Langdon and Kindred in the mix as well. I don't know anything about the West either but would guess Ryan and Shiloh would be in the hunt. Pretty much a repeat of last year.
NodakQ2
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby hook » Tue Mar 20, 2018 12:43 pm

Park River, Langdon, Grafton... whoever comes out of that region will be my pick to win the state tournament. Thompson, Kindred, Carrington will be contenders depending on how their pitching has progressed... All three of them seem to develop strong pitching staffs. Its hard to say what you will see from the teams out west... there is plenty of talent out there but the high end teams cant seem to be able to find consistently strong competition to get ready for the tournament.
hook
NDPreps Starter

Postby kedock » Tue Mar 20, 2018 2:59 pm

hook wrote:Park River, Langdon, Grafton... whoever comes out of that region will be my pick to win the state tournament. Thompson, Kindred, Carrington will be contenders depending on how their pitching has progressed... All three of them seem to develop strong pitching staffs. Its hard to say what you will see from the teams out west... there is plenty of talent out there but the high end teams cant seem to be able to find consistently strong competition to get ready for the tournament.

Completely agree with everything here.

From a Region 2 perspective, Thompson should take care of business again. Don't count out HCV with the winning culture they are currently experiencing, though. I wish the MayPort kids would give Berry a chance to see exactly how far they could go as there is some talent in the Junior and Senior class, but it's just not going to happen.
kedock
NDPreps Rookie

Postby B-oldtimer » Thu Mar 22, 2018 12:01 pm

I think Park River, Langdon, Grafton is going to be competitive region in baseball. Grafton is always competitive in baseball. Park River should still have enough talent still to compete. I think Langdon would be my favorite in that they have group of seniors waiting for crack at region title and then you add in group young players Langdon has coming up they should be real deep team this spring. This group of young players won the State Babe Ruth tournament last year where they were deep in pitching and you add group of seniors Langdon has that can pitch I just think pitching goes long ways to winning.
B-oldtimer
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby NorthStarBearcats4 » Sat Mar 24, 2018 12:21 am

It will be either North Star or Rugby out of Region 5. It all depends on who has the most pitching. North Star loses Komrosky and Heisler, so they will need some bats to step up.
NorthStarBearcats4
NDPreps Reserve

Postby spins » Wed Mar 28, 2018 10:49 am

my 2018 prediction...there will be some teams that do not play 5 games because this dang snow will not go away.

first game slated for monday april 3rd with 2 feet of snow on the field and cold for next 7- 10 days
spins
NDPreps Starter

Postby nomogprhokee » Sat Mar 31, 2018 3:30 pm

Let’s hope the weather straightens out. I see the schedule getting compressed as games get postponed early. This is going to task the arms with respect to teams arm depth, not to forget pitch count.

This scenario should play to Park River. They have 3 guys that should come at you at 80+ Their 4-5 guys are #1s or 2s on any other ND HS team.

Grafton can be tough if the can find any depth past #2.should be coached up well with JD taking over.

Langdon is 2 years away from their time. The 15s and 16 yolds need time, and upper 60s, low 70 will get rocked. It’ll be fun to see how good they can develop those kids.

Thompson will be good and athletic. They will have to steal a game late to make the final run. They have a few kids that are gonna move on to the next level.

It’s all about arms!
nomogprhokee
NDPreps Reserve

Return to Class B