Class B Legion State Tournament

Re: Class B Legion State Tournament

Postby Sportsrube » Sun Jul 31, 2016 4:54 pm

I have really enjoyed watching the tournament on BEk. They have done a really good job and it has been a lot of fun for my family and I to be able to see the tournament from the comfort of our living room. Good job BEK!
Also, good job to all of the teams in the tournament and all of the volunteers in Carrington who helped with the tourny.
Sportsrube
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby madseason » Sun Jul 31, 2016 5:42 pm

Does BEK sell dvds of the games?
madseason
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby NodakQ2 » Sun Jul 31, 2016 7:25 pm

Great tournament. Some fantastic baseball games. Congrats to Carrington. I believe they are the first team to win three State Championships in a row at this level. Quite an accomplishment with all of the great teams out there.

Congrats to tournament MVP Brady Smith from Carrington. 11 for 18 with 2 home runs and 6 doubles.
NodakQ2
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby madseason » Sun Jul 31, 2016 8:22 pm

Congrats to Carrington. Three straight! Great program and great job hosting the tournament. You would think they would be a cocky team, but they are a classy bunch of young men. Good luck and keep on advancing. :)
madseason
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby Sportsrube » Sun Jul 31, 2016 8:51 pm

madseason wrote:Does BEK sell dvds of the games?

I know they used to sell dvd's of the basketball games they broadcast, so I would think they would for baseball too. They make nice keepsakes for parents and players.
www.bektel.com is their website.
Sportsrube
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby B-oldtimer » Mon Aug 01, 2016 1:15 pm

Yes I did enjoy the legion class b state tournament and BEK did good job. I wish NDHSAA would get them more involved in broadcasting for high school side of baseball it would help in promoting the sport here in the state. Also they should let them broadcast the consolation rounds of the state basketball tournament if they would want too. I think there's people that would watch that each year if it was available. BEK could also do volleyball if they would want too. The KDRR tv station provides a wonderful out let for BEK to get their coverage out there. I would think somebody would also get hold of Pembina tv station it would also provide platform for more broadcasting of this type. Also I would think it possible if you did it right you start televising hockey games here in US and Canada of high school level and junior level where there be a good market to watch locally. It would attract local advertisers and basically it would be low cost programing and if you married this sports programing to local radio stations that are already doing the broadcast your costs come down to people producing the show. I think this is real business opportunity for some of local radio stations to expand and become more than just radio but would require hiring or teaming of somebody like BEK and radio stations to get this done.
B-oldtimer
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby madseason » Mon Aug 01, 2016 3:02 pm

I thought BEK did a great job. My father who is in a nursing home was glued to BEK. He was happy to be able to watch his grandson play. I agree with you B- oldtimer, volleyball, state HS baseball and consolation rounds of BB and Hockey would have a lot of viewers. Sell copies of the games, I would guess all parents would buy and others also.
madseason
NDPreps All-Conference

Previous

Return to Class B