G8: Grafton def. LaMoure 10-7

Friday, August 3rd
G9: Loser Out - Washburn def. Lisbon 6-2
Rain postponed games after G9

Saturday, August 4th
G10: Loser Out - LaMoure def. Velva 4-1
G11: Grafton def. Wahpeton 6-4
G12: Grafton def. Washburn 12-2
G13: Wahpeton def. LaMoure 11-7 (8 innings)

Sunday, August 5th
G14: Championship - Grafton def. Wahpeton 4-1
Run4Fun2009
NDPreps The King

Re: Class "B" State Legion Tourney

Postby lovwatchingsports » Mon Jul 30, 2012 3:11 pm

G1: Wahpeton vs. Casselton -Casselton
G2: Lisbon vs. Grafton -Grafton
G3: Velva vs. Washburn -Velva
G4: Garrison vs. LaMoure -LaMoure
lovwatchingsports
NDPreps All-State

Postby BabeRuthBaseball » Mon Jul 30, 2012 5:15 pm

What are everyone's predictions? I know a little about every team other than garrison. How do they look? In my opinion Wahpeton is the team to beat from watching them play and considering they are a class A team. My predictions are:

1. Wahpeton over casselton
2. Lisbon over Grafton (toss up)
3. Washburn over velva
4. Lamoure over garrison (toss up)
BabeRuthBaseball
NDPreps Rookie

Postby gobison#6 » Mon Jul 30, 2012 5:57 pm

BabeRuthBaseball wrote:What are everyone's predictions? I know a little about every team other than garrison. How do they look? In my opinion Wahpeton is the team to beat from watching them play and considering they are a class A team. My predictions are:

3. Washburn over velva

Clearly Wahpeton is Class B for legion or they wouldn't be here. I do get what you mean though. They play class A for school sports.

1. Wahp over Casselton
2. Grafton over Lisbon
3. Velva over Washburn
4. Lamoure over Garrison
Hail the Bison!
gobison#6
NDPreps All-State

Postby Run4Fun2009 » Mon Jul 30, 2012 9:51 pm

gobison#6 wrote:
BabeRuthBaseball wrote:What are everyone's predictions? I know a little about every team other than garrison. How do they look? In my opinion Wahpeton is the team to beat from watching them play and considering they are a class A team. My predictions are:

3. Washburn over velva

Clearly Wahpeton is Class B for legion or they wouldn't be here. I do get what you mean though. They play class A for school sports.

1. Wahp over Casselton
2. Grafton over Lisbon
3. Velva over Washburn
4. Lamoure over Garrison

Wahpeton has to be the easy favorite...I watched them defeated Fargo & Bismarck earlier in the year in a tourney (they also won that tourney).

Wahpeton over Casselton
Grafton over Lisbon
Washburn over Velva
Garrison over LaMoure (toss up)
Run4Fun2009
NDPreps The King

Postby utilityman » Tue Jul 31, 2012 8:11 am

Run4Fun2009 wrote:
gobison#6 wrote:

3. Washburn over velva

1. Wahp over Casselton
2. Grafton over Lisbon
3. Velva over Washburn
4. Lamoure over Garrison

Wahpeton has to be the easy favorite...I watched them defeated Fargo & Bismarck earlier in the year in a tourney (they also won that tourney).

Wahpeton over Casselton
Grafton over Lisbon
Washburn over Velva

Wahpeton is like 40-2 and like Run said they've defeated Fargo Post2 and Bismarck. They won a class A Fargo tourney. I would like to see them get beat, but I don't see it happening. Casselton will have to throw Bresnahan but I don't think that will matter. Also, Bontjes sp? from Wop could probably shut Casselton down anyway. Last year Wop was 2 and BBQ at state, and supposedly thats their motivation for this year.
utilityman
NDPreps Starter

Postby NorthEastPower » Tue Jul 31, 2012 1:42 pm

utilityman wrote:
Run4Fun2009 wrote:
gobison#6 wrote:

3. Washburn over velva

1. Wahp over Casselton
2. Grafton over Lisbon
3. Velva over Washburn
4. Lamoure over Garrison

Wahpeton over Casselton
Grafton over Lisbon
Washburn over Velva

Wahpeton is like 40-2 and like Run said they've defeated Fargo Post2 and Bismarck. They won a class A Fargo tourney. I would like to see them get beat, but I don't see it happening. Casselton will have to throw Bresnahan but I don't think that will matter. Also, Bontjes sp? from Wop could probably shut Casselton down anyway. Last year Wop was 2 and BBQ at state, and supposedly thats their motivation for this year.

Wahpeton may have won a class A tournament in Fargo but this is the state tournament. Class B is no joke this year, and it is a whole different level of play at state. Every team will throw their ace, thats how you stay out of the losers bracket. I heard Grafton clean swept the tournament in LaMoure earlier this year, taking out Lisbon in the championship from what i know. It will be interesting to see if they can stay undefeated at LaMoure's field. Should be a fun tournament.

Casselton over Wahpeton
Grafton over Lisbon
Velva over Washburn
LaMoure over Garrison
NorthEastPower
NDPreps Rookie

Postby Run4Fun2009 » Tue Jul 31, 2012 1:57 pm

NorthEastPower wrote:
utilityman wrote:
Run4Fun2009 wrote:
gobison#6 wrote:

3. Washburn over velva

1. Wahp over Casselton
2. Grafton over Lisbon
3. Velva over Washburn
4. Lamoure over Garrison

Wahpeton over Casselton
Grafton over Lisbon
Washburn over Velva

Wahpeton may have won a class A tournament in Fargo but this is the state tournament. Class B is no joke this year, and it is a whole different level of play at state. Every team will throw their ace, thats how you stay out of the losers bracket. I heard Grafton clean swept the tournament in LaMoure earlier this year, taking out Lisbon in the championship from what i know. It will be interesting to see if they can stay undefeated at LaMoure's field. Should be a fun tournament.

Casselton over Wahpeton
Grafton over Lisbon
Velva over Washburn
LaMoure over Garrison

haha...okay! Wahpeton has two solid aces...likely enough to get them through the tourney and they have a formidable offense (28 runs in the title game). And I was wrong earlier...they lost to Fargo Post #2 (5-4 in the final inning; 1 of their 2 losses) but did defeat Bismarck, Aberdeen, Detroit Lakes & Sioux Falls.

This will definitely be an exciting tourney...should be some great performances.
Run4Fun2009
NDPreps The King

Postby ClassBEast » Wed Aug 01, 2012 2:01 pm

Final: Wahpeton 1 Casselton 0
ClassBEast
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby Flip » Wed Aug 01, 2012 3:17 pm

40-2, that's pretty sick
Flip
NDPreps Legend

Postby Indy5 » Thu Aug 02, 2012 12:22 am

Flip wrote:40-2, that's pretty sick

Also impressive that they played with Fargo that well since Fargo is the 1 seed in the state in class A legion.
Indy5
NDPreps Legend

Postby lovwatchingsports » Thu Aug 02, 2012 3:12 pm

Velva 4 Casselton 3 good game listened on 98.3. Two tough losses for casselton 1-0 4-3
lovwatchingsports
NDPreps All-State

Postby Run4Fun2009 » Sun Aug 05, 2012 12:55 am

Grafton (45-5) vs. Wahpeton (41-3) for the State Title
Run4Fun2009
NDPreps The King

Postby gobison#6 » Sun Aug 05, 2012 11:59 pm

Grafton defeats Wahpeton for the state championship.
Hail the Bison!
gobison#6
NDPreps All-State

Postby old#63 » Mon Aug 06, 2012 9:50 am

If I'm not mistaken, a couple of the kids who played for Grafton finished off their prep sports careers having played in 11 straight state tournements in the various prep sports in which they have competed, dating back to when they were in the state hockey tournement back in their sophomore year. Hockey, HS baseball, and legion baseball as sophomores. Football, hockey, HS baseball, and legion baseball as juniors. Football, hockey, HS baseball, and legion baseball as seniors.
old#63
NDPreps All-State

Return to Class B