Top Pitchers around the State

Re: Top Pitchers arounds the State

Postby ILoveBaseball21 » Thu May 17, 2012 12:08 am

How? Milbrandt throws fastballs and slider from what I have seen.
ILoveBaseball21
NDPreps Starter

Postby Ambition50 » Thu May 17, 2012 9:01 am

A change up where he gets half of his strikeouts on, a slider, curveball, and good heater....What does bresnahan throw other than smoke and a curve...No difference between the 2....Milbrandnt has the upperhand due to pitching bigger games.
Ambition50
NDPreps Starter

Postby putmeincoach » Fri Jun 08, 2012 3:36 pm

Anyone heard of and Olson kid from Hatton?
putmeincoach
NDPreps Rookie

Postby golfguynd » Tue Jun 12, 2012 3:05 pm

bison football73 wrote:"Strikeouts are boring! Besides that, they're fascist. Throw some ground balls - it's more democratic."
-Bull Durham

GOOD ONE!!!
golfguynd
NDPreps Rookie

Postby Mailman_25 » Tue Jun 12, 2012 5:42 pm

Derek Lyons and Tyler Mittleider - Lisbon
Mailman_25
NDPreps Starter

Postby ndpreps100 » Wed Jun 13, 2012 12:46 am

Ambition50 wrote:A change up where he gets half of his strikeouts on, a slider, curveball, and good heater....What does bresnahan throw other than smoke and a curve...No difference between the 2....Milbrandnt has the upperhand due to pitching bigger games.

Bresnahan is better Milbrandt is not as impressive. I know he had a good high school year which i will give him credit for but bresnahan is better. Bresnahan throws a circle change too i have seen it when i have faced him. He doesnt need to throw it as often because of his dominating fastball and curveball.
ndpreps100
NDPreps Reserve

Postby sportsforlife24 » Mon Jun 18, 2012 1:50 pm

What do you mean by a dominating fastball? Speed or Movement? Because to me its movement over speed
sportsforlife24
NDPreps Reserve

Postby GoPack#2 » Wed Jun 20, 2012 11:52 am

well i am going to say the Ellery Bresnahan had a no-hitter against the West Fargo Patriots threw 6 innings and pitched 8 innings with 8 strikeouts and allowed 1 run on a squeeze play.
"Give them nothing but take from them everything"
GoPack#2
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby sportsforlife24 » Wed Jun 20, 2012 11:32 pm

Well of coarse you are going to say Bresnahan...You are from Casselton, that is all you post about. To me bresnahan doesnt throw smoke...prolly same speed as Stemen but just more movement
sportsforlife24
NDPreps Reserve

Postby utilityman » Thu Jun 21, 2012 3:08 pm

Stemen doesn't throw near as hard as Bresnahan, I'm not saying Bresnahan the best pitcher in the state just that he brings alot harder than Stemen. Not sure why all the negative comments on Milbrandt either, he doesn't throw as hard as some but he knows how to pitch. By that I mean location, what to throw ahead or behind in the count. He was injured this spring so maybe thats why some are dogging him. I've seen Mittleider and Lyons pitch from Lisbon and wouldn't categorize them as top pitchers in the state as mentioned above. I seen Hashbarger sp? pitch from Finley-Hope and would say he's a better pitcher than both the kids from Lisbon.
utilityman
NDPreps Starter

Postby GoPack#2 » Thu Jun 21, 2012 5:00 pm

sportsforlife24 wrote:Well of coarse you are going to say Bresnahan...You are from Casselton, that is all you post about. To me bresnahan doesnt throw smoke...prolly same speed as Stemen but just more movement

hey yeah i am from casselton and i am just telling you the numbers i didnt say Ellery was the best pitcher in the state or not i dont know if he is, i am just going to say is that the numbers dont lie
GoPack#2
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby GoPack#2 » Thu Jun 21, 2012 5:01 pm

utilityman wrote:Stemen doesn't throw near as hard as Bresnahan, I'm not saying Bresnahan the best pitcher in the state just that he brings alot harder than Stemen. Not sure why all the negative comments on Milbrandt either, he doesn't throw as hard as some but he knows how to pitch. By that I mean location, what to throw ahead or behind in the count. He was injured this spring so maybe thats why some are dogging him. I've seen Mittleider and Lyons pitch from Lisbon and wouldn't categorize them as top pitchers in the state as mentioned above. I seen Hashbarger sp? pitch from Finley-Hope and would say he's a better pitcher than both the kids from Lisbon.

i would definetly say that Hashbarger is a better pitcher then Lyons or Mittlieder are.
GoPack#2
NDPreps All-Conference

Re: Top Pitchers around the State

Postby sportsforlife24 » Fri Jun 22, 2012 11:52 pm

Since im from Hope-Finley i hate to say this, cuz it sounds like bragging but i will agree that he is better than the Lisbon kids.....But if we wanna go with a straight heat pitcher has any one seen Trent Olson from Hatton...clocked 87-88 in state and has pretty good control.
sportsforlife24
NDPreps Reserve

Postby gtownrat » Sat Jun 23, 2012 9:07 am

Hatton's lefty olson was 80 - 82 the whole game against grafton and humped several at 84 got this from a scout at the game in front row. if he was at 88 consistently and in the zone he'd be gettin paid right now in the nonsteroid age. He is definately a prospect though.
gtownrat
NDPreps Rookie

Postby VikingBaseball5 » Sat Jun 23, 2012 9:58 am

Stemen is meat. Bresnahan throws smoke but has trouble with his control. And anyone who says Milbrandt is overrated, I dare you to try and hit his slidepiece.
Sorry if I have offended anyone, just calling it like I've seen it in my days.
VikingBaseball5
NDPreps Rookie

Postby sportsforlife24 » Sat Jun 23, 2012 10:30 am

From facing all four pitchers i would rate.... 1. Olson, 2. Milbrandt, 3. Bresnahan, 4. Stemen....Olson throws harder than all the other 3 with sick movement on his fastball and curveball and is consistently around the zone, Milbrandt isnt the "over the top" power but has the arsenal of pitches to make a kid at the plate look pretty dumb, from a mid 70s heater to his very good change up and slider. Bresnahan throws decent smoke with a decent bender, reason why i say decent bender cuz it is easier to pick the spin up out of his hand. Stemen, never really impressed me, throws mayber 75 and it is as straight as an arrow, once you time it your going to rock it, and he doesnt really get his curveball over consistently.
sportsforlife24
NDPreps Reserve

Postby gtownrat » Sat Jun 23, 2012 11:09 am

I'd like to throw a name out there for you, the kid is a junior and one more state tournament games than any two of the names listed in the previous post . I'm not positive but between legion and high school state tourneys 6 wins and a save with a year of eligiblity left. VILLARREAL nuf said the rest of the talk is just cute.
gtownrat
NDPreps Rookie

Postby Run4Fun2009 » Sat Jun 23, 2012 12:45 pm

gtownrat wrote:I'd like to throw a name out there for you, the kid is a junior and one more state tournament games than any two of the names listed in the previous post . I'm not positive but between legion and high school state tourneys 6 wins and a save with a year of eligiblity left. VILLARREAL nuf said the rest of the talk is just cute.

from where?
Run4Fun2009
NDPreps The King

Postby cubsfan » Sat Jun 23, 2012 2:06 pm

He is from Grafton. Jaime Villarreal is person he is referring to.
The difference between a successful person and others is not a lack of strength, not a lack of knowledge, but rather a lack of will.
-Vincent T. Lombardi
cubsfan
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby Flip » Sat Jun 23, 2012 2:59 pm

gtownrat wrote:I'd like to throw a name out there for you, the kid is a junior and one more state tournament games than any two of the names listed in the previous post . I'm not positive but between legion and high school state tourneys 6 wins and a save with a year of eligiblity left. VILLARREAL nuf said the rest of the talk is just cute.

That proves it. I think we should just ban people that use this phrase.
Flip
NDPreps Legend

Postby sportsforlife24 » Sat Jun 23, 2012 7:03 pm

Hahahahaha.....i can tell you are from Grafton....Jamie Villarreal isnt even in the same category as Trent Olson, Bresnahan, and Milbrandt.....These 3 guys bring cheese and some nasty junk...I have faced Villarreal and he just hits spots with a low 70s heater and an "OK", i stress the ok curveball, and an alright changeup...Rest of the talk is just cute? Thats a kicker...Maybe you should try being in a stand up comedy act!
sportsforlife24
NDPreps Reserve

Postby ILoveBaseball21 » Sun Jun 24, 2012 11:04 pm

VikingBaseball5 wrote:Stemen is meat. Bresnahan throws smoke but has trouble with his control. And anyone who says Milbrandt is overrated, I dare you to try and hit his slidepiece.

Clearly from Kindred...
ILoveBaseball21
NDPreps Starter

Postby baseball1402 » Wed Jun 27, 2012 8:59 am

Bresnahan doesn't throw smoke, he is a very good pitcher, but i don't think he throws smoke. He has very good off speed and he knows how to spot his pitches. He is extremely effective and he will probably win all his ball games this year, but not throwing smoke. I love the people who say that Trenton Olson throws 88-89 MPH. Not even close. I've faced this kid multiple times, none in the last year, but he was nowhere near 88 MPH last summer. If he was throwing 88 MPH as a lefty he would probably be drafted by now, which he's not.
baseball1402
NDPreps Starter

Postby VikingBaseball5 » Wed Jun 27, 2012 9:38 am

ILoveBaseball21 wrote:
VikingBaseball5 wrote:Stemen is meat. Bresnahan throws smoke but has trouble with his control. And anyone who says Milbrandt is overrated, I dare you to try and hit his slidepiece.

Clearly from Kindred...

nice deduction, sherlock
VikingBaseball5
NDPreps Rookie

Postby ILoveBaseball21 » Wed Jun 27, 2012 1:23 pm

baseball1402 wrote:Bresnahan doesn't throw smoke, he is a very good pitcher, but i don't think he throws smoke. He has very good off speed and he knows how to spot his pitches. He is extremely effective and he will probably win all his ball games this year, but not throwing smoke. I love the people who say that Trenton Olson throws 88-89 MPH. Not even close. I've faced this kid multiple times, none in the last year, but he was nowhere near 88 MPH last summer. If he was throwing 88 MPH as a lefty he would probably be drafted by now, which he's not.

Does anyone know what sport Bresnahan wants to play in college?
ILoveBaseball21
NDPreps Starter

PreviousNext

Return to Class B