2012 Spring Ball

Re: 2012 Spring Ball

Postby ILoveBaseball21 » Wed Mar 14, 2012 12:18 pm

SportsYearRound wrote:They got some athletes. Plus there successful Babe Ruth program has to begin to show! I understand their district/region has traditionally underperformed at the state level though.

Athlete* Kolby Metzger
ILoveBaseball21
NDPreps Starter

Postby bison football73 » Wed Mar 14, 2012 10:06 pm

the sophomores and freshman on the spring team were on the 3rd place babe ruth team last year. plus every class on the team made it to a state tournament at least two years in babe ruth. some three times.
bison football73
NDPreps All-State

Postby bison football73 » Wed Mar 14, 2012 10:09 pm

lovwatchingsports wrote:
SportsYearRound wrote:My top 8:
1. Kindred-Richland
2. Velva
3. Central Cass
4. Washburn: just a hunch
5. North Star
6. Enderlin
7. Bottineau
8. Hazen

If do believe that Beulah only lost one player from last year and were the number two seed in the region.

that is correct. should be very tough this year, that region's top three in Hazen Beulah and Velva will all compete for the state berth.
bison football73
NDPreps All-State

Postby VikingBaseball5 » Mon Mar 26, 2012 1:13 pm

Well, it's finally here. Let's settle this on the field, boys.
VikingBaseball5
NDPreps Rookie

Postby ajabub » Wed Apr 18, 2012 9:54 am

1. Kindred-Richland
2. Velva
3. Central Cass
5. North Star
6. Enderlin
7. Bottineau
8. Hazen

north star is your 5th best team in the state? get a clue and dont rate the top teams in the state without doing some research. bishop ryan walked all over them beating them 10-3 and 14-3 with grande and hagler both seeing mound time in the region counter, while a ryan freshman beat them in game 2 14-3. and also losing to surrey 12-4, and botno 10-5, and langdon 5-2 with hagler gettin the loss. get off north star they are over rated, shouldnt even be rated for that matter. botno should be above them easily. youre clueless
ajabub
NDPreps Rookie

Postby bison football73 » Wed Apr 18, 2012 12:45 pm

ajabub wrote:
1. Kindred-Richland
2. Velva
3. Central Cass
5. North Star
6. Enderlin
7. Bottineau
8. Hazen

north star is your 5th best team in the state? get a clue and dont rate the top teams in the state without doing some research. bishop ryan walked all over them beating them 10-3 and 14-3 with grande and hagler both seeing mound time in the region counter, while a ryan freshman beat them in game 2 14-3. and also losing to surrey 12-4, and botno 10-5, and langdon 5-2 with hagler gettin the loss. get off north star they are over rated, shouldnt even be rated for that matter. botno should be above them easily. youre clueless

Wow. You need to realize this was a preseason top 8. You can be overrated in the preseason because there have been no games. Preseason polls mean absolutely nothing. No need to be mean about it
bison football73
NDPreps All-State

Postby ajabub » Thu Apr 19, 2012 9:13 am

bison football73 wrote:
ajabub wrote:
1. Kindred-Richland
2. Velva
3. Central Cass
5. North Star
6. Enderlin
7. Bottineau
8. Hazen

Wow. You need to realize this was a preseason top 8. You can be overrated in the preseason because there have been no games. Preseason polls mean absolutely nothing. No need to be mean about it

understandable, so now let's hear your top 8 right now based on the first 2 weeks of the season. just out of curiousity.. and i do realize that it is early, but there are some teams looking good throughout the state. what are your thoughts about region 5 so far? from what i have heard, bishop ryan has been walking all over thier competition winning by the 10 run rule in most all of their games
ajabub
NDPreps Rookie

Postby lovwatchingsports » Thu Apr 19, 2012 9:20 am

ajabub wrote:
bison football73 wrote:
ajabub wrote:
1. Kindred-Richland
2. Velva
3. Central Cass
5. North Star
6. Enderlin
7. Bottineau
8. Hazen

understandable, so now let's hear your top 8 right now based on the first 2 weeks of the season. just out of curiousity.. and i do realize that it is early, but there are some teams looking good throughout the state. what are your thoughts about region 5 so far? from what i have heard, bishop ryan has been walking all over thier competition winning by the 10 run rule in most all of their games

I would have Botno over Ryan right now.
lovwatchingsports
NDPreps All-State

Postby Ambition50 » Thu Apr 19, 2012 2:03 pm

#6 Enderlin has been beaten pretty handedly by FSHP and Lamoure.....same scores actually beating them 7-2
Ambition50
NDPreps Starter

Postby ajabub » Fri Apr 20, 2012 9:13 am

lovwatchingsports wrote:
ajabub wrote:
bison football73 wrote:
ajabub wrote:
1. Kindred-Richland
2. Velva
3. Central Cass
5. North Star
6. Enderlin
7. Bottineau
8. Hazen

I would have Botno over Ryan right now

what is botno's record? and why do you feel theyre better
ajabub
NDPreps Rookie

Postby lovwatchingsports » Fri Apr 20, 2012 9:25 am

ajabub wrote:
lovwatchingsports wrote:
ajabub wrote:
bison football73 wrote:
ajabub wrote:
1. Kindred-Richland
2. Velva
3. Central Cass
5. North Star
6. Enderlin
7. Bottineau
8. Hazen

I would have Botno over Ryan right now

what is botno's record? and why do you feel theyre better

Have not seen a score where they have lost, all their pitching is back from the team that made a great run at state legion.
lovwatchingsports
NDPreps All-State

Postby Indy5 » Fri Apr 20, 2012 6:35 pm

lovwatchingsports wrote:Have not seen a score where they have lost, all their pitching is back from the team that made a great run at state legion.

Correction, they lost Milbrath who was all state last year.

And for the record, Ryan hasn't lost either.
Indy5
NDPreps Legend

Postby 5Indy » Mon Apr 23, 2012 9:31 am

Indy5 wrote:
lovwatchingsports wrote:Have not seen a score where they have lost, all their pitching is back from the team that made a great run at state legion.

who does bishop ryan have for pitching?
5Indy
NDPreps Rookie

Postby Indy5 » Tue Apr 24, 2012 10:30 pm

5Indy wrote:
Indy5 wrote:

who does bishop ryan have for pitching?

Their ace is Sheldon Marmon. Was the number 2 starter last year.
Indy5
NDPreps Legend

Postby Rush23 » Wed Apr 25, 2012 2:57 pm

Tomorrow night well show who has the upper hand in Region 5. Bottineau plays Bishope Ryan in Surrey.
Rush23
NDPreps Starter

Postby 5Indy » Tue May 01, 2012 9:40 am

the ryan/botno game was much over rated from what i heard. i was not in attendance at this game, but i hear the score did not tell the story of the game.
5Indy
NDPreps Rookie

Postby Rush23 » Tue May 01, 2012 11:01 am

Ryan throw there ace in Sheldon Mormon and he struggled all night. Had a hard time getting anyone out. Ryan also had only 2 hits in the paper it said.
Rush23
NDPreps Starter

Postby 5Indy » Wed May 02, 2012 9:40 am

Rush23 wrote:Ryan throw there ace in Sheldon Mormon and he struggled all night. Had a hard time getting anyone out. Ryan also had only 2 hits in the paper it said.

you seem like you were there? possibly a player? well, regardless, my brother who was at the game said he was impressed with ryan's perfmormance, they only had one bad inning apparently. he continued to tell me that botno's 3 hitter didnt do anything the whole night and he wasnt impressed with his performance; lucroy or something his name is
5Indy
NDPreps Rookie

Postby lovwatchingsports » Wed May 02, 2012 11:14 am

5Indy wrote:
Rush23 wrote:Ryan throw there ace in Sheldon Mormon and he struggled all night. Had a hard time getting anyone out. Ryan also had only 2 hits in the paper it said.

you seem like you were there? possibly a player? well, regardless, my brother who was at the game said he was impressed with ryan's perfmormance, they only had one bad inning apparently. he continued to tell me that botno's 3 hitter didnt do anything the whole night and he wasnt impressed with his performance; lucroy or something his name is

Just to throw a few things at you.

1. The score was 7-0, did they score all seven runs in that one bad inning?
2. Where you a player? Did you have a game were you had a bad game hitting agianst the other teams ace?
3. Yes Ryan is a good team, but as of now Botno ia better.
lovwatchingsports
NDPreps All-State

Postby Rush23 » Wed May 02, 2012 2:27 pm

Bottineaus 3 hitter got a couple of hits that night. Had 2 were if the wind is holding the ball up have a chance to get out. And i was a fan at the game. And ya one bad inning but every inning Bottineau had runners in scoring position. Ryan only had 2 hits to. They couldnt get much at all.
Rush23
NDPreps Starter

Postby Indy5 » Thu May 03, 2012 9:43 pm

lovwatchingsports wrote:1. The score was 7-0, did they score all seven runs in that one bad inning?

Bottineau did outplay them that day and I'm not gonna argue this, but just to answer your question, Bottineau got 1 in the first, 5 in the second, and 1 in the 5th. So, for the most part, it was one bad inning.
Indy5
NDPreps Legend

Postby ILoveBaseball21 » Thu May 03, 2012 10:57 pm

Indy5 and 5Indy?
ILoveBaseball21
NDPreps Starter

Postby jtdc492 » Tue May 08, 2012 9:25 pm

The Schwab wrote:Laufer, Mosbrucker, Schweitzer and Erickson

Hmmm...
jtdc492
NDPreps All-State

Postby The Schwab » Wed May 09, 2012 8:24 am

jtdc492 wrote:
The Schwab wrote:Laufer, Mosbrucker, Schweitzer and Erickson

Hmmm...

Nothing to go hmmm about. Wwcs is a very good team who hit the ball extremely well Tuesday night in Washburn. Hettinger Scranton still has good pitchers that wwcs hasn't seen this year, should be a fun regional tournament in Steele.
The Schwab
The Schwab
NDPreps Legend

Postby northdakota201 » Sat May 26, 2012 12:42 am

The Schwab wrote:
Nothing to go hmmm about. Wwcs is a very good team who hit the ball extremely well Tuesday night in Washburn. Hettinger Scranton still has good pitchers that wwcs hasn't seen this year, should be a fun regional tournament in Steele.

How about them pitchers from Hettinger, Schwab? They were non-existent up in a very disappointing finish at regionals.
northdakota201
NDPreps Rookie

PreviousNext

Return to Class B