R1 Central Cass
R2 Thompson
R3 LLM
R4 Langdon
R5 North Star
R6 Bishop Ryan
R7 DLB
R8 Shiloh

Uh oh, two privates, a couple of large Class B's and a few schools who are on the edge of larger cities, we better get three class baseball now.
bk1990
NDPreps Starter

Re: 2023 State Class B Baseball Tourney

Postby Your daddy » Thu May 25, 2023 11:12 am

If they're in class A for basketball they should be class A for all sports! Central Cass and Hillsborough playing Class B football and baseball is a joke!
Your daddy
NDPreps Starter

Postby WalkingStick » Thu May 25, 2023 4:39 pm

Your daddy wrote:If they're in class A for basketball they should be class A for all sports! Central Cass and Hillsborough playing Class B football and baseball is a joke!

The only teams that would be in 'B' baseball from Region 1 would be Enderlin now.

Oakes has Sargent County players in their coop
Kindred (Richland), Central Cass, Northern Cass & Oak Grove would be 'A' following the basketball setup.
Hankinson-Lidgerwood-Tri-State coop would be a lot of kids (more than OG & NC).

Honestly, though, there aren't enough baseball teams to do 3 classes...54 teams in Class B in 2023...so that argument sails.

Football one can always be there...and maybe in a few years they'll go back to AAA, AA, A & 9-man with 3 classes coming to basketball and volleyball (it will happen after next year, guarantee it)
One Stop Shop for All North Dakota Scores
https://www.northdakotaprepscoreboards.com/

"Control what you can control...Can't fix ignorant people"
WalkingStick
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby bk1990 » Thu May 25, 2023 8:28 pm

WalkingStick wrote:
Your daddy wrote:If they're in class A for basketball they should be class A for all sports! Central Cass and Hillsborough playing Class B football and baseball is a joke!

The only teams that would be in 'B' baseball from Region 1 would be Enderlin now.

Oakes has Sargent County players in their coop
Kindred (Richland), Central Cass, Northern Cass & Oak Grove would be 'A' following the basketball setup.
Hankinson-Lidgerwood-Tri-State coop would be a lot of kids (more than OG & NC).

Honestly, though, there aren't enough baseball teams to do 3 classes...54 teams in Class B in 2023...so that argument sails.

Football one can always be there...and maybe in a few years they'll go back to AAA, AA, A & 9-man with 3 classes coming to basketball and volleyball (it will happen after next year, guarantee it)

That is the reason people pushed for 3 classes for basketball, “to increase participation”
Let’s break up some more co-ops, add another class.
If there are 54 teams now, split it in half and have 27 teams, there is only 23 in A now and will be 18 next year for AA basketball, never hear anyone say that number is to low for teams in that division. That is the reason A is not as exciting, basically half the teams make it to state every year now anyway
bk1990
NDPreps Starter

Postby maddog1971 » Fri May 26, 2023 8:47 am

ok First of all.... Not close enough kids or teams to have a 3 class system. Many of these programs already have handful of 7 and 8th Graders playing on varsity team and you want to break up the Coop's and think you will get more teams.... Nope. Stupid idea. The reason the Big B's are in the tournament is because that is who has the baseball programs.

Second... baseball is already not very good in our state and you want more divisions?

CC is not as good this year as they have been and they are still going to State again. They have one really good pitcher.

I know Thompson is good and is my favorite to win it this year with maybe Shiloh coming in Second. It comes down to pitching and who has pitchers standing at the end.

Only other teams I saw this year is Langdon... I am thinking they might be the 8th place team

Shiloh... has a chance to surprise others as well. They have a shot at the title as well. Never saw anyone else so I have not idea on Minot Ryan except I don't know how they can even field a team with such a small school.
maddog1971
NDPreps All-State

Postby UncleRico » Fri May 26, 2023 11:10 am

maddog1971 wrote:Never saw anyone else so I have not idea on Minot Ryan except I don't know how they can even field a team with such a small school.

Ok, I'm sorry but this made me chuckle given past arguments....
UncleRico
NDPreps Reserve

Postby WalkingStick » Fri May 26, 2023 12:34 pm

OFFICIAL SEEDING
#2 Langdon/Edmore/Munich vs. Des Lacs-Burlington
#3 LaMoure-LM vs. Shiloh Christian
#1 Thompson vs. Bishop Ryan
#4 North Star vs. #5 Central Cass
One Stop Shop for All North Dakota Scores
https://www.northdakotaprepscoreboards.com/

"Control what you can control...Can't fix ignorant people"
WalkingStick
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby bk1990 » Sat May 27, 2023 7:36 am

UncleRico wrote:
maddog1971 wrote:Never saw anyone else so I have not idea on Minot Ryan except I don't know how they can even field a team with such a small school.

Ok, I'm sorry but this made me chuckle given past arguments....

Me too given previous posts made about basketball.
Also, the idea of breaking up teams was meant to be sarcastic because when it was basketball, it was ok. Maddog says the baseball would be terrible with another class, my thoughts are that the new Class B basketball may have some bad teams that decide not to co-op.

Looking at the rosters, Shiloh and Ryan are young teams, I think Ryan has 9 sophomores on the roster and only two seniors, if they make a nice run the next few years, then I bet you hear screaming about privates should play up
Also, how did CC get seeded, they were third in their region, Langdon I think lost once all year and beat Thompson, shouldn’t they be #1? Wasn’t able to check their records this year, hope I’m right about these two points, otherwise disregard
bk1990
NDPreps Starter

Postby bk1990 » Sat May 27, 2023 7:52 am

maddog1971 wrote:The reason the Big B's are in the tournament is because that is who has the baseball programs.

Langdon, LLM and North Star aren’t big, they have a good program as small schools, that is why they are in state. This goes to all sports, but only bash basketball. Your arguments are flawed and one sided
bk1990
NDPreps Starter

Postby Sorenson23 » Tue May 30, 2023 4:50 am

2023 State Class B Baseball Tournament
@ Corbett Field in Minot

Thursday June 1st
G1 - #2 Langdon Area-Edmore-Munich def Des Lacs-Burlington 6-0
G2 - #3 LaMoure-Litchville-Marion def Shiloh Christian 2-0
G3 - #1 Thompson def Bishop Ryan 11-1
G4 - #5 Central Cass def #4 North Star 1-0

Friday June 2nd
G5 - Des Lacs-Burlington def Shiloh Christian 10-5
G6 - #4 North Star def Bishop Ryan 6-3
G7 - #3 LaMoure-Litchville-Marion def #2 Langdon-Edmore-Munich 12-8
G8 - #1 Thompson def #5 Central Cass 2-1

Saturday June 3rd
G9 - 7th - Shiloh Christian vs Bishop Ryan
G10 - 5th - #4 North Star vs Des Lacs-Burlington
G11 - 3rd - #2 Langdon-Edmore-Munich vs #5 Central Cass
G12 - State B Title Game - #1 Thompson vs #3 LaMoure-Litchville-Marion

State Champions -
Runner-up -
3rd -
4th -
5th -
6th -
7th -
8th -

Here is the bracket, if anyone is interested even though its late.
Last edited by Sorenson23 on Sat Jun 03, 2023 3:23 am, edited 3 times in total.
Sorenson23
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby HONKER » Tue May 30, 2023 5:25 am

Is there any TV coverage for the games?
HONKER
NDPreps Starter

Postby sportsphenom » Tue May 30, 2023 9:17 am

HONKER wrote:Is there any TV coverage for the games?

BEK sports is covering the tournament.
sportsphenom
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby Sportsrube » Sat Jun 03, 2023 9:29 pm

Congrats to Thompson!
Sportsrube
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby d_fense » Mon Jun 05, 2023 8:01 am

How did Saturday's games go? I saw the championship games but haven't seen anything on the others.
d_fense
NDPreps All-State

Postby maddog1971 » Mon Jun 05, 2023 1:46 pm

Great Tourney. Langdon Played way better than when I saw them early in the year. It seems like the Romfo just keep popping up and getting better every year. They know how to play baseball. Congrats to Thompson.... those kids have been playing very well for years. Always a tough.
And I can not believe Minot Ryan only got 2 players on the All State team. A little school like that is so lucky to keep bring up their youth the right way.... I still don't know how they can compete with such little numbers.

Also Landon Koenig not being 1st Team All-State.... is a shame because he belongs there as well as Brayden Mitchell of Central Cass.
maddog1971
NDPreps All-State

Postby BelfieldBantams » Mon Jun 05, 2023 4:26 pm

That all state team is frustrating and shows how much politics are in things like this. I can think of at least four region 1 players that should have had a chance to get on there and to only have 2 from the region is questionable at best.
BelfieldBantams
NDPreps Starter

Postby NDPREP » Mon Jun 12, 2023 12:55 pm

BelfieldBantams wrote:That all state team is frustrating and shows how much politics are in things like this. I can think of at least four region 1 players that should have had a chance to get on there and to only have 2 from the region is questionable at best.

I'll give a little insight there, having seen the meeting, each region is allocated a certain amount of spots, lets say 4? 2 first and 2 second teamers. Occasionally a region will say we only have 2 all state kids, then the other coaches can toss out other names to fill those slots BUT typically your region has a set number and you get what you get.

There are years where a team legit is 5 all state players but its up to that region to put their best players up for those 4 all state slots. Some regions vote their top 6 kids and at the meeting just give the list and they give the first 2 kids 1st team and the next 2 2nd team.
NDPREP
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby UNDSiouxfan » Wed Jul 26, 2023 12:16 pm

I'll take LaMoure to win the whole thing. I personally think this is their best Legion team in the last 3-4 years, and they've had some good ones. They are extremely deep in pitching along with timely hitting.
UNDSiouxfan
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby Flip » Wed Jul 26, 2023 8:15 pm

Is there any video streaming of the Class B State Legion Tournament?
Flip
NDPreps Legend

Return to Class B