Thompson (10-1)
Carrington (10-2)
PRFL (13-0)
Shiloh (16-4)
Rivershark
NDPreps All-Conference

Re: Thompson Jamboree

Postby airmail » Mon May 13, 2019 10:46 am

I suppose successful programs want to keep things hidden among rivals, and have to keep pitch counts in mind. But I feel a bit sorry for those that hauled their butts to Thompson to watch an amazing hitting team like PRFL tee of on Thompson pitchers that are probably 5th or 6th in their depth chart.

Looked good on the schedule, but a complete waste of time for the fans, IMO.
airmail
NDPreps Starter

Postby Rivershark » Mon May 13, 2019 11:20 am

airmail wrote:I suppose successful programs want to keep things hidden among rivals, and have to keep pitch counts in mind. But I feel a bit sorry for those that hauled their butts to Thompson to watch an amazing hitting team like PRFL tee of on Thompson pitchers that are probably 5th or 6th in their depth chart.

PRFL pitcher was #4 or #5
Rivershark
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby airmail » Mon May 13, 2019 12:43 pm

Rivershark wrote:PRFL pitcher was #4 or #5

I know this. (well... actually I thought he was 3-ish, but it's irrelevant). I thought a showcase tournament would highlight some of the state-leading talent present, instead they were in the dugouts.

Again - can perhaps understand the reasoning, but a disappointment.
airmail
NDPreps Starter

Postby packers21 » Fri May 17, 2019 3:35 pm

scc wrote:
airmail wrote:I suppose successful programs want to keep things hidden among rivals, and have to keep pitch counts in mind. But I feel a bit sorry for those that hauled their butts to Thompson to watch an amazing hitting team like PRFL tee of on Thompson pitchers that are probably 5th or 6th in their depth chart.

What did you expect? The top seed in their region is on the line when they play MPCG today. Save your better arms for that.

If you arent going to play to win, dont promote it
It is a little harder to motivate kids I guess because they’ve been pampered so much. We’re in the trophy generation, give ‘em a trophy for 23rd place, make ‘em feel good. Make mom and dad feel good.” Tom Izzo, Michigan State Basketball
packers21
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby packers21 » Wed May 22, 2019 9:47 am

scc wrote:
packers21 wrote:
scc wrote:

What did you expect? The top seed in their region is on the line when they play MPCG today. Save your better arms for that.

If you arent going to play to win, dont promote it

Non-region games have no bearing on tournaments, so as a fan, common sense would dictate a different approach may be made by the teams competing.

Why schedule non region games then
It is a little harder to motivate kids I guess because they’ve been pampered so much. We’re in the trophy generation, give ‘em a trophy for 23rd place, make ‘em feel good. Make mom and dad feel good.” Tom Izzo, Michigan State Basketball
packers21
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby Flip » Wed May 22, 2019 10:18 am

packers21 wrote:Why schedule non region games then

1. Baseball is fun
2. improvement
Flip
NDPreps Legend

Postby packers21 » Wed May 22, 2019 12:23 pm

Flip wrote:
packers21 wrote:Why schedule non region games then

1. Baseball is fun
2. improvement

Agreed. But it’s always fun and improvement can be made against anyone.
packers21
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Return to Class B