2007 Highschool Baseball

Postby Willy » Thu Feb 01, 2007 4:21 pm

In the state HS tournament, it all depends on the luck of the draw and how the coaches pick their rotation.  Remember, its single elimination.  Does the west have team with 3 dominent pitchers?  If not, its anyone's touurnament.
Willy
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby MHSfan » Thu Feb 01, 2007 6:00 pm

Willy wrote:In the state HS tournament, it all depends on the luck of the draw and how the coaches pick their rotation.  Remember, its single elimination.  Does the west have team with 3 dominent pitchers?  If not, its anyone's touurnament.

I would say that Minot has the deepest rotation. They should be a good team defensivly also with Hornecker and Houston in the middle.
"You miss 100% of all shots you don't take."
Wayne Gretzky
MHSfan
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby Saucesauer » Thu Feb 01, 2007 6:10 pm

Number7 wrote:speaking of fielding, that will be a huge part of high school baseball this year. Every error will be magnified and you will have to play D to get to state.

wouldnt it be the oppisite because now if you make an error lets say for example on the 7 hitter the 8 hitter cant chink a bleeder to shallow right for a hit with woodies it shouldnt get past the 2ed baseman where as with aluminum it would be a jammed single
Saucesauer
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby NYYANKS » Thu Feb 01, 2007 6:19 pm

Going off of what willy said about the east....

Ill give you some players that should contribute to in my eyes the top four teams...

For south they should be led by outfielder Billy Sholl.
IF 
Jake McDougall
Tim Rude
Matt Lee
Alex Hooey

OF
Travis Beacheane
Max Rusch

Their pitching will be led by Max Rusch, Jacob Edland, and Tim Rude.

I think that South will be in the top three in the East. I believe they will have a very good lineup to send out there and also very good pitchers.  I think if they come together they will have a shot at being the best in the east.

Red River should be led by catcher Andy Sadler.
IF
Eric Meland
Eric Davis
Jeff Compton

OF
Dan Jones
Garett Sondrol
Tim Conoran

I really dont know who will be a good pitcher for them Id say Garett Sondrol and Eric Meland, and Dan Jones will be the top three in the rotation

I think it is a toss up between West Fargo and Red River. They have good position players like you said but it all depends on who can hit with wood bats.

West Fargo should be led by Grant Schmidt.
IF
Zach Odegard
Adam Crist

OF
Cole Horshauger
Justin Rheault
Tyler Greshik

Their top pitchers will probabaly be Tyler Greshik, Cole Horshauger, and Justin Rheault

To me if they could get a decent group around their core players they could be a very good team. They will also have the best pitcher in the east if he is eligible this year since he wasnt last year.

North should be led by Tanner Bombinger
IF
Justin Sheets
Eric Flackbarth
Alex Bergeron

OF
Andrew Herian
Nick Pederson
Dan Ficik

Their top three in pitching will be Andrew Herian, Justin Sheets, and Sam Hirchert

To me north will be right in there with everyone. They have a lot of talent at alot of key postiotions.

Overall this should be a competitive year in the EDC i see these four as being the top four teams.  West Fargo could have the best to the worst pitching if Greshik is avaible and the other two are pretty good as well. South will be in the top 2 in pitching they have alot of good pitchers with Max Rusch to me as one of the top in the east. North has the best skill players out of all of these teams. Bombinger might be the best shortstop in the state.

Every team out of these top four teams have a very good player. If they do not get hurt i think every team will be able to rally around them and compete this year in the east

If you disagree about anything i said or want to add anything post it im anxious to see what you people think
Last edited by NYYANKS on Thu Feb 01, 2007 6:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
NYYANKS
NDPreps Starter

Postby sports4lif3 » Fri Feb 02, 2007 4:10 am

i like the analysis. you should have kept it goin with the rest of the teams in the east
sports4lif3

Postby Willy » Fri Feb 02, 2007 9:10 am

NYYank, I would also like to see you analysis of the other four teams.  

I think your top 4 picks are solid.  I only picked Central 4th to create some conversation, betting that young players Nelson, Johnson, and Marynik will have a positive impact.   

I also think Moe, Meyer, Marynik, and Riopelle all can fill out the pitching rotation behind Kreis. All have the potential to do very well.  Nearly every team in the east has to build a pitching staff, so Central isn't much different. 

Brady Johnson will be a very good infielder, likely at short, and Nelson is a very good young catcher, freeing up Moe to play any of several other positions.  The experience they got in Mandan last spring can be nothing but positive.  One more variable... new coach.  Champagne will be hard to replace.  
Willy
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby highheat » Sat Feb 03, 2007 8:56 pm

shsbaseballss wrote:Matt Lee? Alex Hooey? never heard of them and i thought rusch played 3rd and rude plays out field..... Mcdougall i heard was horrible in legion ball and i also heard that solum might play...north i saw pederson play decent hitting bad fielder ....
and who is dan fisicik? i think even though shannely is will be 5th this year i talk my team down alot yeah because i tell the truth but when i look at the other teams i now realize that we could be and should  be 5th maybe work or way into 4th i mean we got decent hitting and a few pitchers so idk well see when the season starts

matt lee hit above .400 during bombers and led the team in just about every catagory. he will more than likely start in the outfield or play middle infield. max rusch and tim rude will probably switch off at third depending on who is pitching. a south parent told me that coach bryant isnt a big fan of mcdougall because of his lack of work ethic, probably the same reason ibach didnt like him either. souths biggest problem is going to fill their void at catcher. i saw them use three different kids over a weeks long span and none of them were able to produce in the field or at the plate. as for north, i dont think ficek will be starting for north, but rather tyler klein will start in the outfield with herian and pederson.
Last edited by highheat on Thu Feb 08, 2007 6:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
highheat

Postby shsbaseballss » Sun Feb 04, 2007 5:28 am

Last edited by shsbaseballss on Sun Feb 04, 2007 8:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
shsbaseballss
NDPreps Rookie

Postby Number7 » Sun Feb 04, 2007 6:37 am

dude you need to get your facts straight. NYYANKS is right on with Matt Lee. He hit leadoff every game for the Bombers.  He hit a phenominal hitter plus has pretty good speed. Their many very good teams in class B.  For example, Thompson plays in Section 2 with the bombers and I know they could have beaten shanley's varsity last year. So I wouldnt call them crap teams. Your right South is a big program, but Post 2 and the Bombers are made up with kids from North, South, and Shanley.  Many solid players who have even started for their varisty teams play bombers. One of them last year was Ben Sand, from Shanley.  you dont have any information.

And one contender for South's void at catcher could be junior Matt Beneke.
Last edited by Number7 on Sun Feb 04, 2007 11:50 am, edited 1 time in total.
"Pressure makes diamonds"
Number7
NDPreps All-State

Postby highheat » Sun Feb 04, 2007 8:20 am

class b baseball is just as competitive, if not more competitive, than class a. the final regular season meeting the bombers had against thompson, matt went 4-4 with a few extra base hits and drove in almost all of the teams runs. the rest of the team went 2-20 something against schumacher. another thing to add is that the bombers face every teams best pitcher because those small town teams try to stick it to the big city team. so hitting .400 in class b section 2 north dakota is quite the feat if you ask me. matt could be the one to step in and play short for south this year. he has the arm and the quickness to play there.

klein does play hockey, as does bombenger. klein played on the varsity team the second half of the season last year.
Last edited by highheat on Thu Feb 08, 2007 6:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
highheat

Postby StudlyBuckwheat 2 » Sun Feb 04, 2007 3:46 pm

[align=left]yeah ok matt lee not good at all he just got invited by all the DIII DII and  a couple of DI colleges arond this area ND Minn.  Wiscn. SD....yeah not good at all
[/align]
StudlyBuckwheat 2
NDPreps Rookie

Postby sports4lif3 » Sun Feb 04, 2007 4:14 pm

matt lee was a stud this last summer, ive played with him and have seen his potential first hand. and had thompson been completely healthy ( including wertz) they could have played with if not beatin a heck of a lot of class A schools.

and NYyanks still waiting for the rest of the east teams analysis
sports4lif3

Postby shs01240 » Sun Feb 04, 2007 6:41 pm

<span class="texteditorenhanced">i'm gonna go out on a limb and say shsbaseballss actually knows Matt Lee far better than he says he does. check out what he says about the bombers in the class b section.

ps: Buckwheat...i love the tribute pic to matt
Last edited by shs01240 on Sun Feb 04, 2007 6:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I never blame myself when I'm not hitting. I just blame the bat and if it keeps up, I change bats. After all, if I know it isn't my fault that I'm not hitting, how can I get mad at myself?
-Yogi Berra
shs01240
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby Mashpuppy » Sun Feb 04, 2007 7:23 pm

Matt lee is a GOOD player but hasn't proven himself in varsity level competition. Until he plays Post 2 and starts a varsity game for south, he is just another average player. Put him on Post 2 and he hits right around 300, nothin more. Look at Eric Flacksbarth, he hit 375 with like 6 hr for the 2005 bombers, but couldnt do much when it came to north varsity or even play for post 2 last year. As for Lee getting invited by D-III, II, and I schools is almost as funny as watching nick pederson catch a flyball.....alex hooey has talked about quitting baseball this year, catlin solum is playing for the bruins but not post 2 and will be the everyday 2nd basemen, Dawson has the job to lose at catcher...he proved himself in the EDC tournament last year and is by far south's best defensive catcher, Beneke is also unproven at the varsity level but does have a pretty good arm, can't hit tho. Pitching:along with rusch rude and edland  look for a guy by the name of Eric Sorenson to have a great year if he stays out of trouble, kid can hit low 80s easy...Austen Ellenson has straight power and should get the starting nod at 1st base if his defense holds up..both mcdougall and rude can play at either position on the left side of the infield, mcdougall is shaky at times but a very good ballplayer when given the chance

cya in april

Mashpuppy
NDPreps Reserve

Postby highheat » Sun Feb 04, 2007 7:49 pm

if solum is truely going to go out for high school, mcdougall shouldnt even bother trying out at second. if he moves to short, that is equally as bad as pederson as his play at second. sorenson has had a bit of a substance abuse problem the last few years so i wouldnt expect donny bryant to put up with that, and i dont see him taking a kid who has hardly played in the last year. im not sure how you can say that rude can play either position on the left side of the infield. he never once played there for post 2 and never did for south either. he would be much better off staying at third and playing outfield.
Last edited by highheat on Thu Feb 08, 2007 6:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
highheat

Postby shsbaseballss » Sun Feb 04, 2007 7:54 pm

[align=left]Jezz, ok i was kidding about Matt Lee wow ...i'm one of his better friends i was at his house and i made an account because he was on the site, then i got home posted a couple of things about the bombers the next day ,and then just recently i logged on and decided to see if he would get stuff because knowing him he tends to get offensive about being made fun of and yes i told him it was me and he knows and we laughed a little ...so really you dont need to get your panties in a bunddle:P.
[/align]
shsbaseballss
NDPreps Rookie

Postby FargoHottie15 » Mon Feb 05, 2007 11:18 am

I've heard solums got a rocket for a second baseman
FargoHottie15
NDPreps Starter

Postby ghetto*revival » Mon Feb 05, 2007 11:56 am

not really a rocket im not about to bash catlin cuz hes a cool guy but when i watched him play legion this summer he wasnt lookin to hot on the defensive side he did get every thing that came to him but his shoulder wasnt all the way healed from surgery so the had to throw side armed and it looked  funny
ghetto*revival

Postby Mashpuppy » Mon Feb 05, 2007 12:07 pm

let me reword myself.......both mcdougall and rude are good enough athletes to play at either position on the left side of the infield even if they haven't played there before. If it were the case that South desperately needed a SS, either i'm sure could step into this role, heck why not throw matt lee into the mix also. They didn't have to with hanson being south's guy last year, but with solum coming, mcdougall will have to learn a new position mainly because solum wouldn't be able to make the throw across the diamond with his shoulder problems
Mashpuppy
NDPreps Reserve

Postby ttime262 » Mon Feb 05, 2007 4:20 pm

Matt Lee had a good summer, but he is not good. He most likely won't even start on souths varsity team. As for getting recruited by D1 schools, is that a joke. There is no way he could play D1 baseball
ttime262

Postby StudlyBuckwheat 2 » Mon Feb 05, 2007 5:05 pm

I like this....you guys dont realize that you are fueling my fire right now :D thanks....ill see you boys when season starts...good luck to you all.

"To be the best you got to work harder than anyone else, step up ur game a notch, and to sometimes act like your the best to be the best"
StudlyBuckwheat 2
NDPreps Rookie

Postby smart source » Mon Feb 05, 2007 6:04 pm

StudlyBuckwheat 2 wrote:I like this....you guys dont realize that you are fueling my fire right now :D thanks....ill see you boys when season starts...good luck to you all.

"To be the best you got to work harder than anyone else, step up ur game a notch, and to sometimes act like your the best to be the best"

i dont know anything about you bcuz i live in the west but it always helps to have talent to go along with that hard work
smart source

Postby highheat » Mon Feb 05, 2007 6:24 pm

anybody got anything on the west or some of the other east teams? anybody think valley city will win more games in high school ball than they did during legion?
highheat

Postby shs01240 » Mon Feb 05, 2007 6:27 pm

Ohhhhhh Matt...I love how you manipulated this whole thread just to make sure everyone knows how good you are. we'll see if you can live up to the hype you've created when the season actually rolls around. Good luck...cuz you'r gonna need it.
Last edited by shs01240 on Mon Feb 05, 2007 6:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I never blame myself when I'm not hitting. I just blame the bat and if it keeps up, I change bats. After all, if I know it isn't my fault that I'm not hitting, how can I get mad at myself?
-Yogi Berra
shs01240
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby highheat » Mon Feb 05, 2007 6:34 pm

shs01240 wrote:Ohhhhhh Matt...I love how you manipulated this whole thread just to make sure everyone knows how good you are. we'll see if you can live up to the hype you've created when the season actually rolls around. Good luck...cuz you'r gonna need it.

shanley is going to need some luck too...actually, i take that back. they don't need luck, they've got God's grace.
highheat

PreviousNext

Return to Class A