overall MVP- Tyler Lundy

Offensive MVP- Liffrig

Defensive mvp- Andy Leer

pitching MVP- Tyler lundy

Best coach- Shawn Cote
sports-38
NDPreps Starter

Postby Saucesauer » Wed Aug 23, 2006 9:55 pm

i think i would go landry for pitching with the campaign he ran the last 2 weeks of the season
Saucesauer
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby ndplayer » Thu Aug 24, 2006 8:04 am

Is this for legion or high school?  I'm going to assume legion...

1. overall mvp - lundy
  2. offensive mvp - liffrig
  3. defensive mvp - leer
  4. pitching mvp - wentz
  5. coach - don't know the name, but jamestown's coach
ndplayer
NDPreps Starter

Postby rep » Thu Aug 24, 2006 8:12 am

ndplayer wrote:Is this for legion or high school?  I'm going to assume legion...

1. overall mvp - lundy
  2. offensive mvp - liffrig
  3. defensive mvp - leer
  4. pitching mvp - wentz
  5. coach - don't know the name, but jamestown's coach

jamestown's legion coach was robbie jamison, former jamestown college player
rep

Postby ndbb » Thu Aug 24, 2006 5:07 pm

Robbie Jamison was a heck of a coach.
ndbb
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby NODAKsportsFAN » Sat Sep 02, 2006 12:46 pm

First off, IMO, i did not like Jamestown's coach. He seemed to complain about every little thing that went wrong for his team, and from what i saw, the complaining would only start when his team began to lose. He may have been a good coach, but I wouldn't put him above Shawn Cote or Todd Larson or Les Anderson (I think thats the name of Mandan's coach).

Offensive MVP - Tyler Liffrig

Defensive MVP - Andy Leer

Overall MVP - Tyler Lundy

Pitching MVP - Tyler Lundy

Best Coach - Todd Larson followed very closely by Shawn Cote
NODAKsportsFAN

Postby Y-not Daily » Sat Sep 02, 2006 1:06 pm

NODAKsportsFAN wrote:First off, IMO, i did not like Jamestown's coach. He seemed to complain about every little thing that went wrong for his team, and from what i saw, the complaining would only start when his team began to lose. He may have been a good coach, but I wouldn't put him above Shawn Cote or Todd Larson or Les Anderson (I think thats the name of Mandan's coach).

Offensive MVP - Tyler Liffrig

Defensive MVP - Andy Leer

Overall MVP - Tyler Lundy

Pitching MVP - Tyler Lundy

Best Coach - Todd Larson followed very closely by Shawn Cote

Len Stanley is Mandan's coach... he's good.
Y-not Daily

Postby SiouxUND » Sat Sep 02, 2006 7:29 pm

Robbie Jamison didn't complain about everything.  First of all he really cared about Jamestown's team.  I don't what game you were at.  Maybe the first game of state when the ump behind the plate screwed Jamestown over.  Yeah he was pretty upset about that when Jamestown played right with Minot.
SiouxUND
NDPreps Starter

Postby UNDBaseball » Sun Sep 03, 2006 9:38 pm

Jamestown did not play with minot...don't kid yourself...i watched the game and minot overall deserved to win every game that they did...don't try to blame umps for jamestown loosing to minot...thats rediculous

UNDBaseball
NDPreps Reserve

Postby SiouxUND » Fri Sep 08, 2006 9:23 am

How did they not play with Minot when one hit decided the game.  Don't kid yourself.  Wow!  Evidently you didn't watch the game that closely.  And i am sorry but elgie got a lot of calls.
SiouxUND
NDPreps Starter

Postby NODAKsportsFAN » Sat Sep 09, 2006 3:14 pm

elgie got calls because he was hitting spots and painting corners like it was his day job. when a pitcher's on like he was that day the umps tend to expand the strike zone for that pitcher.

elgie pitched a great game and doesnt need to be brought down by saying he got a lot of calls from the ump.
NODAKsportsFAN

Postby Honus355 » Sun Sep 10, 2006 6:43 am

I have caught for about 10 years an dyou can get alot of "calls" when the pitcher hits his spot. I know numerous umpires who will give you a pitch a couple inches off the plate if the catcher does not have to move his glove.
Honus355
NDPreps Starter

Postby SiouxUND » Mon Sep 11, 2006 5:14 am

He wasn't really hitting his spots that well.  He was leaving a lot of pitches up.  How do you think he gave up a three run home run.  He was pitching decent but the ump was helping him out.  You can say whatever you want.
SiouxUND
NDPreps Starter

Postby UNDBaseball » Mon Sep 11, 2006 6:20 am

Just because you give up a homerun doesn't mean that you weren't pitching that well.  All it takes is one missed spot for someone to hit a homerun...and a lot of the time the hitter will make a good adjustment and hit a good pitch.
UNDBaseball
NDPreps Reserve

Postby sports-38 » Mon Sep 11, 2006 6:07 pm

SiouxUND wrote:He wasn't really hitting his spots that well.  He was leaving a lot of pitches up.  How do you think he gave up a three run home run.  He was pitching decent but the ump was helping him out.  You can say whatever you want.

SiouxUND, were you at this game? And if not, do you know how hard the wind was blowing out?

sports-38
NDPreps Starter

Postby SiouxUND » Fri Sep 15, 2006 5:22 am

Yeah actually i was and the wind was blowing hard until after the delay.  So what's your point.  That ball that was hit was gone no matter what.  With or without the wind.  What, i'm sure you played for Minot thats why u r backing them.
SiouxUND
NDPreps Starter

Postby sports-38 » Fri Sep 15, 2006 11:40 am

Actually no i played for Mandan, Elgie pitched a good game and i dont remember the zone, but if the zone was a little bigger why didnt jamestowns pitcher take advantage of it too?
sports-38
NDPreps Starter

Postby SiouxUND » Mon Oct 16, 2006 5:01 am

Maybe because he wasn't getting the calls like Elgie was.
SiouxUND
NDPreps Starter

Postby Willy » Mon Oct 16, 2006 5:39 am

Craig Champagne at GF Central for best coach.

He did more with less depth on a roster than any other coach and won the State A.
Willy
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby DevilsAdvocate » Thu Oct 19, 2006 3:06 pm

I watched Jamestown play baseball a number of times this past season and too thought Coach Jamison was toooooo busy, it seemed like he spent all his time "knitpicking" any and all calls made by the umps and it really detracted from the game. I got the impression that he thought he was bigger than the game and it really gave me the impression that their team was a bunch of "crybabies". I do believe now that it was only the coach and the team fortunately was not a reflection of the coach. I don't think he was/is not mature enough to be in that position. He may become a fine coach with more seasoning and experience, he is not there now.
DevilsAdvocate

Postby DevilsAdvocate » Thu Oct 19, 2006 3:12 pm

NODAKsportsFAN:

I agree with your statement regarding the Jamestown coach, I however don't agree with your statement regarding Todd Larson as the best coach in the state, in my opinion he is not even close. He should have success, afterall he has the best baseballers from Minot and Ryan to use (currently they are totally loaded), he should win, I argue that any competent coach could accomplish what he has. I am not even addressing his less than professional antics on the field, with the umps, and his reputation amongst his coaching peers in the state, although, none would come right out and say it publicly, he is average at best.     
DevilsAdvocate

Postby DevilsAdvocate » Thu Oct 19, 2006 3:16 pm

Siouxfan:

He did much more than his share of complaining, and he should care about Jamestown baseball, he was hired to coach them. Do you think that most coaches don't care about the teams they coach? The integrity of the game still needs to remain intact, it will go on long after he is gone. 
DevilsAdvocate

Postby ishouldawentPRO » Fri Oct 20, 2006 12:15 am

So, I take it that you don't like the Jamestown coach then?
ishouldawentPRO

Postby baseball30 » Sat Oct 28, 2006 8:37 am

Who is everyones pick for 2007s mvp's
baseball30

Next

Return to Class A