New Fargo Legion Team Name?

Re: New Fargo Legion Team Name?

Postby armada113 » Tue Feb 09, 2010 11:52 am

Willy wrote:Armada, I am a lttle confused. I thought you were for keeping just one Fargo Legion team, but now you are saying you can't field a good team by bringing players from different high schools together. If that's the case (which I believe is hogwash) you should support Fargo having more than one team, aligned geographically with school boundries. What is your stance?

Baseball is mostly an individual sport. Outside of pitchers and catchers learning to work together, and a ss and second baseman timing a double play, what else is so tough? Like I said in my first post, you need to find kids with some talent (that's the easy part in a town the size of Fargo), but more importantly kids with some heart and true love of the game.

That is a very very good point. I agree with that view. But even if you split the team Fargo Shanley would be split between the two teams and it would end up being a mix either way. If it worked i would be 100% for it, however i believe we would be in the same boat we are in now.
I don't want to play golf. When I hit a ball, I want someone else to go chase it. ~Rogers Hornsby
armada113
NDPreps Starter

Postby greatbambino » Wed Feb 24, 2010 9:31 pm

the former new fargo legion team is now a usssa team.

http://www.inforum.com/event/article/id ... roup/home/

Youth baseball: Metro Baseball hosting meeting Monday

The Fargo Metro Baseball Association will host a players and parents informational/registration meeting at 7 p.m. Monday at the Fargo South High School commons area.

The association is offering two teams for the summer and will play a highly competitive schedule for ages 15 through 19.

For more information, go to http://www.usssabaseball.org.

a few questions that really dont need to be asked because this is a repeat of the last few months:
1. whos picking up the tab on this one?
2. what happens when theres not any support for this team?
3. what happens when they dont get enough kids for one team?
4. why all this to get a couple of mediocore kids more PT?
greatbambino
NDPreps Starter

Postby greatbambino » Thu Mar 25, 2010 7:02 pm

the people behind the usssa team are telling prospective players and parents that post 2 is planning an 80 game schedule and that they hold practice twice a day. what a pathetic way to get younger kids to play by blatently lying through their teeth.
greatbambino
NDPreps Starter

Previous

Return to Class A