VC may add baseball and softball

Postby point/center » Fri Jul 28, 2006 2:23 am

from Valley City Times-Record:

Cruchet, principal of Valley City Junior High School and activities director, asked the board to consider the possibility of VCHS sponsoring or sanctioning varsity baseball and softball teams.

He supplied board members with a handout showing other districts’ baseball and softball programs. He stated his own feeling that adding these sports might hurt other spring sports. He also said he supports it, because people wanting to play baseball or softball should have the opportunity.

He estimated the cost of each sport at between $10,000 and $15,000, if VCHS supported them. He added VCHS could sanction them as clubs, which would mean the clubs would be responsible for financing the sports.

Board president Sharon Buhr said she would prefer to think about it, and not rush into a decision to either sponsor or sanction the sports.

Koppelman agreed. “We need to think about this,â€Â
only shot at NDpreps HOF: Veterans committee

moderator m/o:your moral compass

http://viewfromthecrowsnest.blogspot.com/
point/center
NDPreps Legend

Postby FargoHottie15 » Fri Jul 28, 2006 6:29 am

bad idea...VC gets embarrassed enough in legion baseball...plus they should just focus on spending money on their basketball or football team....or just go to Class B as a whole
FargoHottie15
NDPreps Starter

Postby point/center » Fri Jul 28, 2006 7:49 am

they've got a new boyz BB coach. from the hotbed of Class B basketball:D powerhouse Napoleon.
only shot at NDpreps HOF: Veterans committee

moderator m/o:your moral compass

http://viewfromthecrowsnest.blogspot.com/
point/center
NDPreps Legend

Postby rep » Fri Jul 28, 2006 11:22 am

i don't think they can go to class b...the rest of class b won't allow it
rep

Postby InTheKnow » Sun Jul 30, 2006 8:02 am

FargoHottie15 wrote:bad idea...VC gets embarrassed enough in legion baseball...plus they should just focus on spending money on their basketball or football team....or just go to Class B as a whole

Ok didnt Valley City make it to state last year. Oh yeah they did, AND were close to dumping Williston in the first round. To make a comment like that saying Valley City gets embarrased enough during legion is short sighted and not a very bright one. If they had high school ball, the players would be able to develop the three months before the legion season. Am I saying that it would turn them into a state power or anything like that, no. However when you are three months behind everyone else you are playing you are going to struggle in comparison. Besides that, if you have kids that want to play they should have the opportunity to play.
InTheKnow
NDPreps All-State

Postby FargoHottie15 » Sun Jul 30, 2006 8:36 am

YOU'RE RIGHT!!! a 1-38 season isn't embarrassing at all! in fact, I'm thinkin of movin out there myself because it sounds like such a promising place to play baseball. 3 months wouldn't mean anything anyways because they would just lose those games too and be even more discouraged for the summer. Obviously my comment wasn't a bright one because Intheknow is going to prove us all wrong and show us how VC is on the comeback trail in baseball... 
FargoHottie15
NDPreps Starter

Postby SiouxUND » Sun Jul 30, 2006 6:54 pm

Well last year there team was based on two players.  Jason Bielke and Travis Duffy and this year they made state by winning one game against Wahpeton, who isn't that great either.  I think they should just have the kids who want to play just go to Jamestown.  They co-op for hockey so why don't they just do that.
SiouxUND
NDPreps Starter

Postby ndplayer » Sun Jul 30, 2006 8:35 pm

It's easy to say that they should co-op with jamestown, but if they can field a team of their own, why not?  If every other school can have a team, why not VC.  If Belcourt has a baseball team (i believe 3 year in a row with no wins), i think VC should get to field one as well.  Who cares what their record is, if the kids want to play and are willing to pay some, who is anyone to stop them?
ndplayer
NDPreps Starter

Postby Honus355 » Mon Jul 31, 2006 9:06 pm

[user=372]SiouxUND[/user] wrote:
I think they should just have the kids who want to play just go to Jamestown.  They co-op for hockey so why don't they just do that.

That has been brought up in the past but did not pass because of the Jamestown side of the deal, which makes sense, because with a co-op, someone from Jamestown could lose their spot to someone from VC...
Honus355
NDPreps Starter

Postby rep » Tue Aug 01, 2006 11:33 am

Honus355 wrote:[user=372]SiouxUND[/user] wrote:
I think they should just have the kids who want to play just go to Jamestown.  They co-op for hockey so why don't they just do that.

That has been brought up in the past but did not pass because of the Jamestown side of the deal, which makes sense, because with a co-op, someone from Jamestown could lose their spot to someone from VC...
trust me...if/when that happened you would hear the parents squaking from williston to grand forks to hettinger to colfax
rep

Return to Class A