Best pitching staffs

Best pitching staffs

Postby Dagamav » Sat May 02, 2009 4:29 pm

I think so far this year Fargo South has by far the best pitching staff. Theyre led by Kingsley who has a no hitter, and has given up only 2 runs this year (in a win vs north). South Varsity has a total of like 4 no-nos this year so far. They also have Ernst, Noriega, and Wawers who are all dominant.
Dagamav
NDPreps Reserve

Re: Best pitching staffs

Postby northoftheborder » Sun May 03, 2009 9:37 pm

I dont know about the east but out west it seems like Dickinson has the best rotation with Seiler, Laylock, Peters and Steve. Also, Century has a couple good ones in Hunter Johnson and a sophomore who shut out Dickinson? Does anybody know his name?
northoftheborder

Postby BaseballTonight » Sun May 03, 2009 10:12 pm

I definately agree with South and Dickinson, but what about williston with Hanson, Skadeland, Jangula, even Egge. I think South has the best overall top 3 with Kingsley, Noreiga, and Ernst. Im not sold on Wawers yet. Dickinson has the state's best pitcher in Laylock.
BaseballTonight
NDPreps Reserve

Postby bushleague » Mon May 04, 2009 9:37 am

yeah i agree with mostly everything except for wawers, still needs to prove himself against a legit hitting team. i mean props to him for throwing a no hitter but it was wahpeton
bushleague
NDPreps Reserve

Postby baseball4life » Tue May 05, 2009 1:22 pm

BaseballTonight wrote:I definately agree with South and Dickinson, but what about williston with Hanson, Skadeland, Jangula, even Egge. I think South has the best overall top 3 with Kingsley, Noreiga, and Ernst. Im not sold on Wawers yet. Dickinson has the state's best pitcher in Laylock.

Not trying to take anything away from Laylock because he is a great pitcher and a great kid, but would you really say he is better than Bollinger? If you do i can respect that but i would be interested to see why...
baseball4life
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby riders » Wed May 06, 2009 10:34 pm

Laylock is the best pitcher in the state because of his ability to think. He has the most baseball smarts of anyone I have ever met/played with/against. His ability to change speeds and mix his pitches, as well as hitting spots gives him all the tools to be better then Bollinger. Keep in mind, Laylock plays this well with two bad knees (shattered kneecap and torn ACL and Meniscus).
"Not to be cheered by praise, not to be grieved by blame, but to know thoroughly one's own virtues or powers are the characteristics of an excellent man."-Satchel Paige
riders
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby whateverittakes » Sun May 10, 2009 1:15 pm

riders wrote:Laylock is the best pitcher in the state because of his ability to think. He has the most baseball smarts of anyone I have ever met/played with/against. His ability to change speeds and mix his pitches, as well as hitting spots gives him all the tools to be better then Bollinger. Keep in mind, Laylock plays this well with two bad knees (shattered kneecap and torn ACL and Meniscus).

In the East Fargo South has the best pitching staff with Noriega Kingsley Ernst etc.
West Fargo in my opinion has the second best pitching staff with
Alex Pribula
Matt Strahm
Bryce Jorgenson
Jake Kiefer
Tyler Gronbeck
Tanner Dahl
whateverittakes
NDPreps Starter

Postby brownbomber » Sun May 10, 2009 10:39 pm

id take those kids deep anyday
I am what I am
brownbomber
NDPreps All-State

Postby BaseballTonight » Mon May 11, 2009 12:42 pm

Im willing to bet the only bombs you drop are the brown ones in the toilet bowl
BaseballTonight
NDPreps Reserve

Postby brownbomber » Mon May 11, 2009 2:37 pm

BaseballTonight wrote:Im willing to bet the only bombs you drop are the brown ones in the toilet bowl

Im willing to bet you clean them up after my games, since you cant play .
I am what I am
brownbomber
NDPreps All-State

Postby 7andpoo » Tue May 12, 2009 1:26 am

whateverittakes wrote:
riders wrote:Laylock is the best pitcher in the state because of his ability to think. He has the most baseball smarts of anyone I have ever met/played with/against. His ability to change speeds and mix his pitches, as well as hitting spots gives him all the tools to be better then Bollinger. Keep in mind, Laylock plays this well with two bad knees (shattered kneecap and torn ACL and Meniscus).

In the East Fargo South has the best pitching staff with Noriega Kingsley Ernst etc.
Alex Pribula
Matt Strahm
Bryce Jorgenson
Jake Kiefer
Tyler Gronbeck
Tanner Dahl

While i couldn't take them deep, i could still get hits off them which is equally as pathetic since I never really took anyone deep
7andpoo
NDPreps Starter

Postby bushleague » Tue May 12, 2009 9:53 am

whateverittakes wrote:

Alex Pribula
Matt Strahm
Bryce Jorgenson
Jake Kiefer
Tyler Gronbeck
Tanner Dahl

Kiefer and Gronbeck are good. the rest are average. Saw Pribula pitch against south, wasnt impressed..gave up a few fence shots and just didnt look like he had very good stuff
bushleague
NDPreps Reserve

Postby tarheels420 » Thu Jun 04, 2009 12:51 am

(IMO) south has the best staff

West fargo has the 2nd best.

Pribula is the ace. gronbeck and strahm are average. jorgenson and kiefer are below average. kiefer struggles to throw strikes. dahl only started 2 games for west fargo, only one conference game against wahpeton where he had 10 k's in 6 innings and showed tremendous upside as a 15 year old excelling at the varsity level.
tarheels420
NDPreps Reserve

Postby whateverittakes » Thu Jun 04, 2009 2:09 pm

tarheels420 wrote:(IMO) south has the best staff

Pribula is the ace. gronbeck and strahm are average. jorgenson and kiefer are below average. kiefer struggles to throw strikes. dahl only started 2 games for west fargo, only one conference game against wahpeton where he had 10 k's in 6 innings and showed tremendous upside as a 15 year old excelling at the varsity level.

It is legion time now and west fargo doesnt jorgenson kiefer and dahl but they added the likes of Schroeder and Steckler last night Steckler tossed a 7IP with 0ER and something like 7 hits but against East Grand today West Fargo has 2 more nonconference against wahp
whateverittakes
NDPreps Starter

Postby tarheels420 » Thu Jun 04, 2009 5:46 pm

(IMO)

Steckler is ******* bad.
tarheels420
NDPreps Reserve

Postby 7andpoo » Thu Jun 04, 2009 7:53 pm

tarheels420 wrote:(IMO)

Steckler is ******* bad.

(IMGDO) you should bite your tounge
7andpoo
NDPreps Starter

Postby theman » Sat Jun 06, 2009 6:44 pm

Strahm threw a no-no, so that would make him better than average. Jorgenson can hit spots all day with his fastball, and that is not below average. Dahl is the ace of the babe ruth traveling team that goes to the cal ripken world series. He only got to pitch against Wahpeton because the coach wasn't very fond of bringing jv1 kids up to varsity for game experience. Dahl could've beaten North or RR easy. He's got a fastball that tops in the high 70s low 80s, a good changeup, a curve, and he's been working on a slider and it's sick. Watch out for any perfect games when he's a senior.
[url]northdakotarunner.blogspot.com[/url]
theman
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby P4KNBD » Sat Jun 06, 2009 7:29 pm

theman wrote:

Strahm threw a no-no, so that would make him better than average. Jorgenson can hit spots all day with his fastball, and that is not below average. Dahl is the ace of the babe ruth traveling team that goes to the cal ripken world series. He only got to pitch against Wahpeton because the coach wasn't very fond of bringing jv1 kids up to varsity for game experience. Dahl could've beaten North or RR easy. He's got a fastball that tops in the high 70s low 80s, a good changeup, a curve, and he's been working on a slider and it's sick. Watch out for any perfect games when he's a senior.

babe ruth is nothing like quality varsity teams, and quality does not include wahpeton. the coach knows more about his players than you do and he is not biased (i am guessing your one of this kids friends) therefore he makes the best decision for the team. if he thought this 15 year old babe ruth "ace" was the best chance his team had at winning the kid would have pitched more than just against wahpeton. and a fastball that tops in the high 70s low 80s is very average.
P4KNBD
NDPreps Starter

Postby DefenseFirst » Sat Jun 06, 2009 11:34 pm

Very true but the real question is who is the best metal band today? Iron Maiden is pretty sick in my opinion.
DefenseFirst
NDPreps Reserve

Postby theman » Sun Jun 07, 2009 11:23 am

P4KNBD wrote:
theman wrote:

babe ruth is nothing like quality varsity teams, and quality does not include wahpeton. the coach knows more about his players than you do and he is not biased (i am guessing your one of this kids friends) therefore he makes the best decision for the team. if he thought this 15 year old babe ruth "ace" was the best chance his team had at winning the kid would have pitched more than just against wahpeton. and a fastball that tops in the high 70s low 80s is very average.

I'll say it as simply as I can. Most of the teams that they play at the world series could compete with any high school teams in the state, and Dahl pitches well against them. His babe ruth coach was my coach in high school ball, and he gets stuff off at any pitch that isn't at the spot. He demands perfection. Also, I'd say low 80s fastball is pretty good for a kid not even 16.
theman
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby whateverittakes » Mon Jun 08, 2009 10:15 am

theman wrote:
P4KNBD wrote:
theman wrote:

I'll say it as simply as I can. Most of the teams that they play at the world series could compete with any high school teams in the state, and Dahl pitches well against them. His babe ruth coach was my coach in high school ball, and he gets stuff off at any pitch that isn't at the spot. He demands perfection. Also, I'd say low 80s fastball is pretty good for a kid not even 16.
Low 80's fastball is pretty good for north dakota wood bats but thats not his forte he changes speeds good and has hitters guessing; he throws his curveball for strikes and then has a nasty changeup for a strikeout pitch
whateverittakes
NDPreps Starter

Postby theman » Mon Jun 08, 2009 7:32 pm

whateverittakes wrote:
theman wrote:
P4KNBD wrote:
theman wrote:

Low 80's fastball is pretty good for north dakota wood bats but thats not his forte he changes speeds good and has hitters guessing; he throws his curveball for strikes and then has a nasty changeup for a strikeout pitch

Exactly..............If you can bear with me and let me make a comparison with someone you would know, it almost sounds like Kevin Slowey. He's not overpowering, but he's got great offspeed stuff.
theman
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby 7andpoo » Mon Jun 08, 2009 8:29 pm

DefenseFirst wrote:Very true but the real question is who is the best metal band today? Iron Maiden is pretty sick in my opinion.

Maiden is legend but for me they get kinda old, even though dickinson is one of the greatest rock vocals of all time, but for me either queensryche or testament take the crown
7andpoo
NDPreps Starter

Postby tarheels420 » Fri Jun 19, 2009 6:54 pm

theman wrote:
whateverittakes wrote:
theman wrote:
P4KNBD wrote:
theman wrote:

Exactly..............If you can bear with me and let me make a comparison with someone you would know, it almost sounds like Kevin Slowey. He's not overpowering, but he's got great offspeed stuff.

Dahl pitched against 15u USA selects in omaha in the semi finals and got the win 10-3. coaches only allowed fastball changeup and 2-3 curveballs all game. proof that dahl has command of fastball and changeup, the 2 most important pitches
tarheels420
NDPreps Reserve

Postby HeHateMe » Fri Jun 19, 2009 11:25 pm

Whats this talk of Midal?
HeHateMe
NDPreps Starter

Next

Return to Class A