Legion Baseball

Legion Baseball

Postby BaseballTonight » Fri May 01, 2009 11:14 am

Who is coming back from college for each team? Who should be pretty competitive? What players are coming up from legion B last year and could make an impact?
BaseballTonight
NDPreps Reserve
 
Posts: 27
Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 3:57 pm

Re: Legion Baseball

Postby demonfan14 » Fri May 01, 2009 8:30 pm

BaseballTonight wrote:Who is coming back from college for each team? Who should be pretty competitive? What players are coming up from legion B last year and could make an impact?

mandan will have some people coming back from college that will help them a lot,
pletan, quast, keller ( if they come back )
demonfan14
NDPreps Reserve
 
Posts: 27
Joined: Wed Nov 12, 2008 6:54 pm

Re: Legion Baseball

Postby BaseballTonight » Sun May 03, 2009 10:13 pm

demonfan14 wrote:
BaseballTonight wrote:Who is coming back from college for each team? Who should be pretty competitive? What players are coming up from legion B last year and could make an impact?

mandan will have some people coming back from college that will help them a lot,
pletan, quast, keller ( if they come back )

So are those guys coming back or not? I know Dickinson has Herauf, Steffan, and Kovacs coming back. What about the other towns?
BaseballTonight
NDPreps Reserve
 
Posts: 27
Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 3:57 pm

Re: Legion Baseball

Postby Strike3? » Sun May 03, 2009 11:47 pm

demonfan14 wrote:
BaseballTonight wrote:Who is coming back from college for each team? Who should be pretty competitive? What players are coming up from legion B last year and could make an impact?

mandan will have some people coming back from college that will help them a lot,
pletan, quast, keller ( if they come back )


Mandan returns Jared Muth, Jason Mellmer, Steve Pletan, Jared Quast, Matt Keller
It's a round ball and a round bat, and you got to hit it square.
User avatar
Strike3?
NDPreps All-Conference
 
Posts: 267
Joined: Thu May 11, 2006 4:26 pm
Location: USA

Re: Legion Baseball

Postby greatbambino » Wed May 06, 2009 10:36 am

BaseballTonight wrote:
demonfan14 wrote:
BaseballTonight wrote:Who is coming back from college for each team? Who should be pretty competitive? What players are coming up from legion B last year and could make an impact?

mandan will have some people coming back from college that will help them a lot,
pletan, quast, keller ( if they come back )

So are those guys coming back or not? I know Dickinson has Herauf, Steffan, and Kovacs coming back. What about the other towns?


kovacs is not going to be in dickinson this summer.
greatbambino
NDPreps Starter
 
Posts: 113
Joined: Fri Jan 30, 2009 10:22 am

Re: Legion Baseball

Postby BaseballTonight » Sun May 10, 2009 7:46 pm

greatbambino wrote:
BaseballTonight wrote:
demonfan14 wrote:
BaseballTonight wrote:Who is coming back from college for each team? Who should be pretty competitive? What players are coming up from legion B last year and could make an impact?

mandan will have some people coming back from college that will help them a lot,
pletan, quast, keller ( if they come back )

So are those guys coming back or not? I know Dickinson has Herauf, Steffan, and Kovacs coming back. What about the other towns?


kovacs is not going to be in dickinson this summer.

Alright I know he was eligible. Who else can or will come back? ex. Elgie, Wentz, Richter, Moe, Rusch, or other guys from those town or others like DL, J-town, WF or Wahp
BaseballTonight
NDPreps Reserve
 
Posts: 27
Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 3:57 pm

Re: Legion Baseball

Postby 7andpoo » Tue May 12, 2009 1:37 am

BaseballTonight wrote:
greatbambino wrote:
BaseballTonight wrote:
demonfan14 wrote:
BaseballTonight wrote:Who is coming back from college for each team? Who should be pretty competitive? What players are coming up from legion B last year and could make an impact?

mandan will have some people coming back from college that will help them a lot,
pletan, quast, keller ( if they come back )

So are those guys coming back or not? I know Dickinson has Herauf, Steffan, and Kovacs coming back. What about the other towns?


kovacs is not going to be in dickinson this summer.

Alright I know he was eligible. Who else can or will come back? ex. Elgie, Wentz, Richter, Moe, Rusch, or other guys from those town or others like DL, J-town, WF or Wahp


90% sure here
No,No,Yes,No,No Greene from DL No, Hogan Jtown Yes, If STECKLER can WF is state champs(obviously), and Larson Whap No
7andpoo
NDPreps Starter
 
Posts: 115
Joined: Fri Jul 27, 2007 8:04 pm

Re: Legion Baseball

Postby BaseballTonight » Tue May 12, 2009 12:04 pm

7andpoo wrote:
BaseballTonight wrote:
greatbambino wrote:
BaseballTonight wrote:
demonfan14 wrote:
BaseballTonight wrote:Who is coming back from college for each team? Who should be pretty competitive? What players are coming up from legion B last year and could make an impact?

mandan will have some people coming back from college that will help them a lot,
pletan, quast, keller ( if they come back )

So are those guys coming back or not? I know Dickinson has Herauf, Steffan, and Kovacs coming back. What about the other towns?


kovacs is not going to be in dickinson this summer.

Alright I know he was eligible. Who else can or will come back? ex. Elgie, Wentz, Richter, Moe, Rusch, or other guys from those town or others like DL, J-town, WF or Wahp


90% sure here
No,No,Yes,No,No Greene from DL No, Hogan Jtown Yes, If STECKLER can WF is state champs(obviously), and Larson Whap No

HAHA classic! Thanks for the info
BaseballTonight
NDPreps Reserve
 
Posts: 27
Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 3:57 pm

Re: Legion Baseball

Postby Foultrip » Wed May 13, 2009 10:44 pm

Alex Moe from Grand Forks got cleared to play for the Royals this summer. That should help out the Royals if he can stay healthy.
Foultrip
NDPreps Rookie
 
Posts: 5
Joined: Tue Apr 22, 2008 2:58 pm

Re: Legion Baseball

Postby Strike3? » Mon May 18, 2009 12:59 am

Mandan Chiefs returnee Matt Keller was named MVP of the Mon - Dak Conference for this past spring season.
It's a round ball and a round bat, and you got to hit it square.
User avatar
Strike3?
NDPreps All-Conference
 
Posts: 267
Joined: Thu May 11, 2006 4:26 pm
Location: USA

Re: Legion Baseball

Postby i_see_it_all » Mon May 18, 2009 10:31 pm

what is the mon-dak conference? im guessing bsc
i_see_it_all
NDPreps Starter
 
Posts: 139
Joined: Thu Jun 28, 2007 12:20 pm

Re: Legion Baseball

Postby Strike3? » Mon May 18, 2009 11:14 pm

i_see_it_all wrote:what is the mon-dak conference? im guessing bsc


Yeah, BSC's conference. I believe that BSC also took last in the conference, not sure on that though.
Other note: I believe Brady Wolf will be coming back for the governors, played out at BSC.
It's a round ball and a round bat, and you got to hit it square.
User avatar
Strike3?
NDPreps All-Conference
 
Posts: 267
Joined: Thu May 11, 2006 4:26 pm
Location: USA

Re: Legion Baseball

Postby BaseballTonight » Sun May 31, 2009 12:44 pm

What are some predictions for how the standings will shake down by the end of july?
BaseballTonight
NDPreps Reserve
 
Posts: 27
Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 3:57 pm

Re: Legion Baseball

Postby riders » Sun May 31, 2009 10:03 pm

dicky and minot at the top
"Not to be cheered by praise, not to be grieved by blame, but to know thoroughly one's own virtues or powers are the characteristics of an excellent man."-Satchel Paige
riders
NDPreps All-Conference
 
Posts: 339
Joined: Tue Feb 26, 2008 10:45 am

Re: Legion Baseball

Postby the_truth_hurts » Tue Jun 02, 2009 10:21 pm

apparently keller had like 3 homers, a triple, and nine rbis in a single game against devils lake today. dont quote me on those stats but it was something like that.
User avatar
the_truth_hurts
NDPreps Starter
 
Posts: 189
Joined: Mon Dec 01, 2008 3:46 pm

Re: Legion Baseball

Postby Strike3? » Wed Jun 03, 2009 2:25 am

the_truth_hurts wrote:apparently keller had like 3 homers, a triple, and nine rbis in a single game against devils lake today. dont quote me on those stats but it was something like that.


3 homers ( Grand Slam, 3 run homer, 2 run homer ) ... hit two in one inning.... no triple though...
It's a round ball and a round bat, and you got to hit it square.
User avatar
Strike3?
NDPreps All-Conference
 
Posts: 267
Joined: Thu May 11, 2006 4:26 pm
Location: USA

Re: Legion Baseball

Postby HeHateMe » Wed Jun 03, 2009 2:48 pm

Strike3? wrote:
the_truth_hurts wrote:apparently keller had like 3 homers, a triple, and nine rbis in a single game against devils lake today. dont quote me on those stats but it was something like that.


3 homers ( Grand Slam, 3 run homer, 2 run homer ) ... hit two in one inning.... no triple though...


Ya, we got a short porch..... played minot monday in which there was like 6 or 7 HRs, Bollinger had 3.... then last nights games there was 5 HRs... Only one of Keller's was legit legit though, one was a pop up that got out and the other a screaming line drive, still impressive i guess
HeHateMe
NDPreps Starter
 
Posts: 62
Joined: Sun Feb 24, 2008 3:42 am

Re: Legion Baseball

Postby KPuck34 » Sun Jun 07, 2009 9:32 pm

What's the deal with this new kid in Dickinson - newcomer Ryan Crossingham, a Dickinson State pitcher who just finished his freshman year. Out of Santa Fe, N.M., Crossingham is a right-hander who had five appearances for the Blue Hawks this spring. How is he eligible to play?
User avatar
KPuck34
NDPreps Starter
 
Posts: 166
Joined: Sat Mar 18, 2006 10:54 am
Location: Minot, , USA

Re: Legion Baseball

Postby greatbambino » Sun Jun 07, 2009 10:25 pm

KPuck34 wrote:What's the deal with this new kid in Dickinson - newcomer Ryan Crossingham, a Dickinson State pitcher who just finished his freshman year. Out of Santa Fe, N.M., Crossingham is a right-hander who had five appearances for the Blue Hawks this spring. How is he eligible to play?


gunna go out on a limb and say he's still legion eligible because hes 18 legion age and now makes his residence in dickinson, therefore he can play legion ball. tah dah.
greatbambino
NDPreps Starter
 
Posts: 113
Joined: Fri Jan 30, 2009 10:22 am

Re: Legion Baseball

Postby KPuck34 » Mon Jun 08, 2009 1:33 am

Correct me if I'm wrong but I thought it was a little bit more complicated than that. I thought that players that go off to college had to play for the American Legion post they played for the summer before they left for college or that the players parents had to make the new city their legal residence. What's stopping college players from out-of-state with one more year of eligibility that attend UND, NDSU, UMary or Minot State from playing American Legion baseball for Grand Forks, Fargo, Bismarck or Minot respectively? Seems kinda fishy to me.
User avatar
KPuck34
NDPreps Starter
 
Posts: 166
Joined: Sat Mar 18, 2006 10:54 am
Location: Minot, , USA

Re: Legion Baseball

Postby baseball » Mon Jun 08, 2009 3:29 am

Doesn't it just have to be their legal residance if they are from college? if they are in college, they are 18, thus not having to live under their parents or a gaurdian. I know Jeremy Campbell played in Bismarck after his Freshman year at Mary and he's from Bottineau.
Pay Heed, All Who Enter: Beware of "The Phog"
baseball
NDPreps Legend
 
Posts: 4643
Joined: Sat Mar 25, 2006 5:53 pm

Re: Legion Baseball

Postby KPuck34 » Mon Jun 08, 2009 9:00 am

Campbell is a good example. I thought his parents had a legal residence in Bismarck, I thought they owned a house or condo or something.
User avatar
KPuck34
NDPreps Starter
 
Posts: 166
Joined: Sat Mar 18, 2006 10:54 am
Location: Minot, , USA

Re: Legion Baseball

Postby whateverittakes » Mon Jun 08, 2009 10:12 am

KPuck34 wrote:Correct me if I'm wrong but I thought it was a little bit more complicated than that. I thought that players that go off to college had to play for the American Legion post they played for the summer before they left for college or that the players parents had to make the new city their legal residence. What's stopping college players from out-of-state with one more year of eligibility that attend UND, NDSU, UMary or Minot State from playing American Legion baseball for Grand Forks, Fargo, Bismarck or Minot respectively? Seems kinda fishy to me.

one example would be pj pena who played his legion ball/high school ball somewhere in arizona and then move to Jamestown to play for the Jimmies and stayed there during the summer and played his legion ball in Jamestown
whateverittakes
NDPreps Starter
 
Posts: 97
Joined: Wed Mar 21, 2007 3:15 pm

Re: Legion Baseball

Postby slugger_12 » Mon Jun 08, 2009 4:54 pm

KPuck34 wrote:Campbell is a good example. I thought his parents had a legal residence in Bismarck, I thought they owned a house or condo or something.


Campbell's parents had a legal residence in Bismarck. His mom lived with him down there and that is what made him elgible to play for Bismarck. I do believe I heard something a while back that if a kid is elgible for another year of legion after college the team that he played for the previous summer has to sign some papers in order for the kid to transfer and play somewhere else.
slugger_12
NDPreps Reserve
 
Posts: 23
Joined: Thu Mar 02, 2006 7:34 am

Re: Legion Baseball

Postby BaseballTonight » Sun Jun 21, 2009 11:00 pm

We are now around 1/3 of the way into the legion season. Although alot more will be decided in the upcoming weeks...what are some thoughts on how everything is playing out? teams surprising and disappointing? players stepping up or struggling so far? Standings through June 21st

1. Dickinson 4-0
2. Fargo 5-1
3. Minot 5-3
4. Bismarck 2-0
5. West Fargo 3-3
6. Jamestown 2-2
7. Mandan 0-0
8. Devils Lake 2-4
9. Williston 1-3
10. Grand Forks 0-4
11. Wahpeton 0-4
BaseballTonight
NDPreps Reserve
 
Posts: 27
Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 3:57 pm

Next

Return to Class A

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest