Best catcher

Best catcher

Postby unocinco » Mon Mar 09, 2009 9:57 am

Who do u guys think will be the top or best catchers this year
User avatar
unocinco
NDPreps Reserve
 
Posts: 24
Joined: Sun Nov 04, 2007 5:34 pm

Re: Best catcher

Postby 09beckau » Fri Mar 13, 2009 9:16 am

eric merck of course
09beckau
NDPreps Reserve
 
Posts: 31
Joined: Wed Mar 11, 2009 9:38 am

Re: Best catcher

Postby jonny906 » Sun Mar 15, 2009 11:26 pm

Andrew Hoffman-Fargo North
jonny906
NDPreps Starter
 
Posts: 52
Joined: Fri Sep 19, 2008 11:49 pm

Re: Best catcher

Postby greatbambino » Mon Mar 16, 2009 5:39 pm

jonny906 wrote:Andrew Hoffman-Fargo North


hoffman probably wont be getting a whole lot of PT behind the plate this year. He'll be playing behind matt fiechtner most likely.
greatbambino
NDPreps Starter
 
Posts: 113
Joined: Fri Jan 30, 2009 10:22 am

Re: Best catcher

Postby i_see_it_all » Mon Mar 16, 2009 7:37 pm

is richter back from williston? is he a pretty good catcher? i know he can hit.
i_see_it_all
NDPreps Starter
 
Posts: 139
Joined: Thu Jun 28, 2007 12:20 pm

Re: Best catcher

Postby clutch24 » Wed Mar 18, 2009 2:52 pm

i_see_it_all wrote:is richter back from williston? is he a pretty good catcher? i know he can hit.


Yes, he's coming back for his last year i believe.
...The day you take it for granted, Is the day you begin to fall...
clutch24
NDPreps Starter
 
Posts: 89
Joined: Sun Feb 08, 2009 9:20 pm
Location: North Dakota

Re: Best catcher

Postby oneandun » Tue Mar 24, 2009 11:18 am

First off Hoffman is a brutal catcher. He has terrible mechanics and is even worse at the plate. Matt Fiechtner is the best catcher North has and he is got a long way to go. Shanley has two solid catchers in Mike Jones and Andy Schweigert. I do not think any other teams in the East have any proven catchers. Right now the two Shanley kids are the standard.
oneandun
NDPreps Rookie
 
Posts: 3
Joined: Wed Jan 07, 2009 12:44 am

Re: Best catcher

Postby Foultrip » Tue Mar 24, 2009 5:58 pm

David Nelson from GF Central will be the best catcher in the east this year. He has played behind Alex Moe the last couple of years and took over for him behind the plate last summer when Moe went out with his head injury. He can hit the ball hard, and doesn't let too many ball past him. I'd watch out for him this spring.
Foultrip
NDPreps Rookie
 
Posts: 5
Joined: Tue Apr 22, 2008 2:58 pm

Re: Best catcher

Postby whateverittakes » Tue Mar 24, 2009 9:42 pm

oneandun wrote:First off Hoffman is a brutal catcher. He has terrible mechanics and is even worse at the plate. Matt Fiechtner is the best catcher North has and he is got a long way to go. Shanley has two Right now the two Shanley kids are the standard.

[color=#000000]solid catchers in Mike Jones and Andy Schweigert. I do not think any other teams in the East have any proven catchers.[/color]David Johnson from West Fargo played varsity and legion as a sophmore last year
whateverittakes
NDPreps Starter
 
Posts: 97
Joined: Wed Mar 21, 2007 3:15 pm

Re: Best catcher

Postby GFRR99 » Wed Mar 25, 2009 11:16 pm

whateverittakes wrote:
oneandun wrote:First off Hoffman is a brutal catcher. He has terrible mechanics and is even worse at the plate. Matt Fiechtner is the best catcher North has and he is got a long way to go. Shanley has two Right now the two Shanley kids are the standard.

[color=#000000]solid catchers in Mike Jones and Andy Schweigert. I do not think any other teams in the East have any proven catchers.[/color]David Johnson from West Fargo played varsity and legion as a sophmore last year


just cause someone plays doesnt mean they are proven to be good. elaborate on why he is. i thought he only played basketball
User avatar
GFRR99
NDPreps All-State
 
Posts: 612
Joined: Wed Mar 07, 2007 2:55 pm
Location: Fargo, , USA

Re: Best catcher

Postby kuntz » Sat Apr 18, 2009 11:33 pm

michael steve-dickinson he has a cannon and if anyone tries to steal he will be gunned
also a average hitter
kuntz
 

Re: Best catcher

Postby PeopleRTalkin » Sun Apr 19, 2009 9:00 pm

Ethan Kleinknecht of Devils Lake
PeopleRTalkin
NDPreps Reserve
 
Posts: 26
Joined: Wed Oct 22, 2008 1:32 pm

Re: Best catcher

Postby armada113 » Mon Apr 20, 2009 10:37 am

Starting as a sophomore doesnt mean anything. Starting as a sophomore for the team that didnt even go to edc last year means even less.
I don't want to play golf. When I hit a ball, I want someone else to go chase it. ~Rogers Hornsby
User avatar
armada113
NDPreps Starter
 
Posts: 74
Joined: Tue Jul 17, 2007 10:29 am
Location: North Dakota, USA

Re: Best catcher

Postby HeHateMe » Mon Apr 20, 2009 1:27 pm

armada113 wrote:Starting as a sophomore doesnt mean anything. Starting as a sophomore for the team that didnt even go to edc last year means even less.


Who's the sophomore?
HeHateMe
NDPreps Starter
 
Posts: 62
Joined: Sun Feb 24, 2008 3:42 am

Re: Best catcher

Postby HeHateMe » Mon Apr 20, 2009 1:29 pm

Oh my bad... that Johnson kid is who your talking bout... hard to read that post
HeHateMe
NDPreps Starter
 
Posts: 62
Joined: Sun Feb 24, 2008 3:42 am

Re: Best catcher

Postby JR » Wed Apr 22, 2009 12:16 am

armada113 wrote:Starting as a sophomore doesnt mean anything. Starting as a sophomore for the team that didnt even go to edc last year means even less.


David Johnson did not start as a sophomore on the varsity team last year... he made the WF Legion A team last summer. I will say though that on pure talent... He is the best catcher in the EDC.. if you see the kid catch on one of the days that he is working hard you will see that he a very above average catcher with a D1 arm.

My vote goes out to him as the best catcher when working hard
Last edited by JR on Thu Apr 23, 2009 10:19 am, edited 1 time in total.
"Contact Is King"
JR
NDPreps Starter
 
Posts: 63
Joined: Tue Jan 23, 2007 11:35 am

Re: Best catcher

Postby greatbambino » Wed Apr 22, 2009 1:33 pm

JR wrote:
armada113 wrote:Starting as a sophomore doesnt mean anything. Starting as a sophomore for the team that didnt even go to edc last year means even less.


David Johnson did not start as a sophomore on the varsity team last year... he made the WF Legion A team last summer. I will say though that on pure talent... He is the best catcher in the EDC.. if you see the kid catch on one of the days that he is working hard you will see that he a very above average catcher with a D1 arm.

My vote goes out to him as the best catcher when working hard and not being lazy...


D1 arm, eh? i wasnt too impressed with it watching him against north. but i suppose he was half-assing it like you implied he does. you might want to get out and watch some more college baseball to get a better idea of what a D1 catchers arm is like.
greatbambino
NDPreps Starter
 
Posts: 113
Joined: Fri Jan 30, 2009 10:22 am

Re: Best catcher

Postby JR » Wed Apr 22, 2009 2:20 pm

greatbambino wrote:
JR wrote:
armada113 wrote:Starting as a sophomore doesnt mean anything. Starting as a sophomore for the team that didnt even go to edc last year means even less.


David Johnson did not start as a sophomore on the varsity team last year... he made the WF Legion A team last summer. I will say though that on pure talent... He is the best catcher in the EDC.. if you see the kid catch on one of the days that he is working hard you will see that he a very above average catcher with a D1 arm.

My vote goes out to him as the best catcher when working hard and not being lazy...


D1 arm, eh? i wasnt too impressed with it watching him against north. but i suppose he was half-assing it like you implied he does. you might want to get out and watch some more college baseball to get a better idea of what a D1 catchers arm is like.


I have watched plenty of baseball and know what a d1 arm looks like. You have watched prolly one game and based your opinion. My opinion is based on watching him multiple times. Like i said i know he has a great arm.
Last edited by JR on Thu Apr 23, 2009 10:18 am, edited 1 time in total.
"Contact Is King"
JR
NDPreps Starter
 
Posts: 63
Joined: Tue Jan 23, 2007 11:35 am

Re: Best catcher

Postby InTheKnow » Thu Apr 23, 2009 8:39 am

A D1 arm for a catcher is a glove to glove time of no slower then 1.95 seconds or better and accurate rather consistently in a game. If he has that then he has a D1 arm. If he does not then he doesn't. HS players will throw out alot of runners with only a 2.1-2.2 pop time.
InTheKnow
NDPreps All-State
 
Posts: 755
Joined: Sun Feb 19, 2006 9:44 am

Re: Best catcher

Postby HeHateMe » Thu Apr 23, 2009 10:42 am

InTheKnow wrote:A D1 arm for a catcher is a glove to glove time of no slower then 1.95 seconds or better and accurate rather consistently in a game. If he has that then he has a D1 arm. If he does not then he doesn't. HS players will throw out alot of runners with only a 2.1-2.2 pop time.


Thanks for keeping us all "in the know"
HeHateMe
NDPreps Starter
 
Posts: 62
Joined: Sun Feb 24, 2008 3:42 am

Re: Best catcher

Postby riders » Sun May 10, 2009 10:06 pm

google bryce harper and you will see a D-1 arm on a catcher. hes a sophomore from las vegas who, if draft eligible would go very high in the 1st round.
"Not to be cheered by praise, not to be grieved by blame, but to know thoroughly one's own virtues or powers are the characteristics of an excellent man."-Satchel Paige
riders
NDPreps All-Conference
 
Posts: 339
Joined: Tue Feb 26, 2008 10:45 am

Re: Best catcher

Postby HeHateMe » Sun May 10, 2009 10:39 pm

riders wrote:google bryce harper and you will see a D-1 arm on a catcher. hes a sophomore from las vegas who, if draft eligible would go very high in the 1st round.


Seeing that just makes ya wish you could play baseball year round! To be a sophomore with that kind of skill set.... ridiculous. And I thought Cole (Frenzel) was good when he was that young!
HeHateMe
NDPreps Starter
 
Posts: 62
Joined: Sun Feb 24, 2008 3:42 am


Return to Class A

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests

cron