How will the weather affect the High School Season?

How will the weather affect the High School Season?

Postby clutch24 » Sun Mar 01, 2009 11:27 pm

With all of this snow ( which does not seem to be stopping ) what will happen to the season? Even when it does melt it will take a while for the fields to be ready..
...The day you take it for granted, Is the day you begin to fall...
clutch24
NDPreps Starter

Re: High School Season

Postby Saucesauer » Mon Mar 02, 2009 2:11 am

clutch24 wrote:With all of this snow ( which does not seem to be stopping ) what will happen to the season? Even when it does melt it will take a while for the fields to be ready..

The same thing that seems to happen every year, most of the teams first 2 games will be canceled and played later. It happens every year, I dont see why this would be any different.
Saucesauer
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby of course » Mon Mar 02, 2009 9:32 pm

ya but i dont remember there ever being this much...i cant see them playing till mid april
of course
NDPreps Reserve

Postby SoxFan15 » Wed Mar 04, 2009 2:01 pm

they should just skip the regular season and have it start with WDA :)
SoxFan15
NDPreps Rookie

Postby BigRed22 » Thu Mar 05, 2009 9:12 am

SoxFan15 wrote:they should just skip the regular season and have it start with WDA :)

seems like some one is full of themselves.
BigRed22
NDPreps Reserve

Postby 7andpoo » Thu Mar 05, 2009 7:44 pm

SoxFan15 wrote:they should just skip the regular season and have it start with WDA :)

Haha is that a century jersey I see? Dude you got knocked out of state by south, dont go running your mouth about the west if you guys got your season ended by a east team. Williston go ahead and talk S#!^ , I can't stop ya on that one haha
7andpoo
NDPreps Starter

Postby Saucesauer » Thu Mar 05, 2009 10:03 pm

7andpoo wrote:

Haha is that a century jersey I see? Dude you got knocked out of state by south, dont go running your mouth about the west if you guys got your season ended by a east team. Williston go ahead and talk S#!^ , I can't stop ya on that one haha

BigRed22 wrote:

I see a CHS jersey but NO WHERE in this topic do I see him state anything about CHS :roll: anyways it is beautifual outside 1 or 2 more weeks of this weather and than all they have to worry about is the fields being under 4 feet of water...and out East I have heard the Red is supposed to flood this year what do you guys think the chances of that are?
Saucesauer
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby baseball18 » Fri Mar 06, 2009 2:04 am

Saucesauer wrote:
7andpoo wrote:

BigRed22 wrote:

I see a CHS jersey but NO WHERE in this topic do I see him state anything about CHS :roll: anyways it is beautifual outside 1 or 2 more weeks of this weather and than all they have to worry about is the fields being under 4 feet of water...and out East I have heard the Red is supposed to flood this year what do you guys think the chances of that are?

well the red floods ever year... but it will be really BAD this year
Last edited by baseball18 on Fri Mar 06, 2009 1:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
baseball18
NDPreps All-State

Postby some random person » Fri Mar 06, 2009 11:17 am

Saucesauer wrote:
7andpoo wrote:

BigRed22 wrote:

there is 100% chance the red river floods every spring besides it will snow agian in late march just like it did last year..
some random person
NDPreps Reserve

Postby 7andpoo » Fri Mar 06, 2009 3:28 pm

Saucesauer wrote:
7andpoo wrote:

BigRed22 wrote:

Well sauce, i may be sorely mistaken and if i am im sorry, but pretty sure sox fans avatar is of a century baseball player, but like i said I could be wrong.
7andpoo
NDPreps Starter

Postby Saucesauer » Fri Mar 06, 2009 6:39 pm

7andpoo wrote:
Saucesauer wrote:
7andpoo wrote:

BigRed22 wrote:

Well sauce, i may be sorely mistaken and if i am im sorry, but pretty sure sox fans avatar is of a century baseball player, but like i said I could be wrong.

Well I know it is a CHS player, and by the looks of it they are playing BHS in that game, but again I never saw him talk up CHS he just said lets just start with WDA...and I realize I didnt word my red river flooding properly thank you for correcting me, I ment it will be bad...
Saucesauer
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby kingjames » Fri Mar 06, 2009 10:38 pm

well the first 10 inches of snow that fargo got was reported to only have about 2 inches of water in it. so most of the snow is "dry snow" if you will so i dont see the flood being any worse this year than it has in the past
kingjames
NDPreps Starter

Postby dewey11 » Sat Mar 07, 2009 12:28 am

Ok guys, this is not weather.com. Let's make some predictions.
dewey11
NDPreps Starter

Postby 7andpoo » Sat Mar 07, 2009 1:53 am

dewey11 wrote:Ok guys, this is not weather.com. Let's make some predictions.

Holy batman you west guys are dumb. READ THE POST AND IT WAS TALKING ABOUT HOW SNOW WILL AFFECT THE SEASON, my lord, vince young would call you dumb
7andpoo
NDPreps Starter

Postby kingjames » Sat Mar 07, 2009 1:19 pm

dewey11 wrote:Ok guys, this is not weather.com. Let's make some predictions.

nope its not but maybe if you learned how to read you would understand that this is what this post is about.... let me guess you live out west?.. all this is hitting you too fast so go relax, tickle yourself to thoughts of elgie and come back with something intelligent to say.
kingjames
NDPreps Starter

Postby dewey11 » Sun Mar 08, 2009 1:21 am

I'm sorry but I didn't realize "high school season" meant weather during it. Who the **** starts a post about weather? It's a sports website.
dewey11
NDPreps Starter

Postby greatbambino » Sun Mar 08, 2009 8:32 am

dewey11 wrote:I'm sorry but I didn't realize "high school season" meant weather during it. Who the **** starts a post about weather? It's a sports website.

really? the weather and climate in this part of the world greatly effects when the game of baseball can be played. the original question asked what was going to happen to the season due to the excess amount of snow which turns into excess amounts of moisture on the fields. have you ever played a game with a foot of snow or six inches of water completely covering the field?
greatbambino
NDPreps Starter

Postby clutch24 » Sun Mar 08, 2009 5:17 pm

dewey11 wrote:I'm sorry but I didn't realize "high school season" meant weather during it. Who the **** starts a post about weather? It's a sports website.

Well.. It seems we have had more snow this year then we have in a very long time. The HIGH SCHOOL SEASON can be negatively affected by how long the snow takes to melt. It is March 08 today.. Practice starts March 16th.. There is still snow in the forecast.. Doesn't seem to be melting

But your right... it has nothing to do with sports.. What does the snow matter? Just wear a heavy coat, snow pants, and spiked snow boots.. It won't affect the SPORT one bit. :shock:
...The day you take it for granted, Is the day you begin to fall...
clutch24
NDPreps Starter

Postby SoxFan15 » Wed Mar 11, 2009 7:46 pm

7andpoo wrote:

we got knocked out of state by dickinson not south, and u do realize i was joking geez
SoxFan15
NDPreps Rookie

Re: How will the weather affect the High School Season?

Postby kingjames » Thu Mar 12, 2009 10:10 am

no south beat century in the semi-finals..
kingjames
NDPreps Starter

Postby P4KNBD » Thu Mar 12, 2009 11:07 am

i believe this topic is about the weather this year. not century getting knocked out last year..
P4KNBD
NDPreps Starter

Postby grunion » Fri Mar 13, 2009 12:51 pm

P4KNBD wrote:i believe this topic is about the weather this year. not century getting knocked out last year..

Exactly.. The weather is going the worst out of any year this year. So much snow and wet. It't gonna be terrible.
grunion
NDPreps Reserve

Postby grunion » Fri Mar 27, 2009 12:57 pm

With the flood in fargo and the bad weather continuing to happen. Do you think there will be a high school baseball season this year?? I think it is really in jeopardy especially in the east.
grunion
NDPreps Reserve

Postby Saucesauer » Fri Mar 27, 2009 5:12 pm

I would like to retract my previous statement of they will be ready to play this year and they should to to a new format One of three options in my opinion
1. Team flip, one player from each team in a game of flip winner take all...
2. coin flip, best of 7 series with every team involved...maybe turtle mountian can pull off a upset?
3. RPS Rock, Paper, Scisors after all this really decides everything.

I figured I would lighten the mood because this season is going to be short and depressing I have a feeling...
Saucesauer
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby cdog » Fri Mar 27, 2009 6:31 pm

grunion wrote:With the flood in fargo and the bad weather continuing to happen. Do you think there will be a high school baseball season this year?? I think it is really in jeopardy especially in the east.

Of course there is going to be a baseball season, to say that there isn't is a joke and certainly would not be acceptable to the baseball players or fans.
cdog
NDPreps Reserve

Return to Class A