WDA and EDC predictions

Postby Ming01 » Tue May 23, 2006 2:25 pm

Predict who will be the 8 teams making state next weekend.  Give some analysis for a few of the games and how some of the games will play out.

Here's the pairings:
WDA:                                                    EDC:
1. Minot vs 8 Beulah                        1. South vs 8. GFC
4. Dickinson vs 5. St. Mary's            4. W. Fargo vs 5. Jamestown
2. Williston vs 7. Bismarck               2. North vs 7. Shanley
3. Century vs 6. Mandan                 3. Red River vs 6. D-Lake
Last edited by Ming01 on Tue May 23, 2006 2:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ming01
NDPreps Legend

Postby Strike3? » Tue May 23, 2006 2:36 pm

There was already a topic started about this Ming
It's a round ball and a round bat, and you got to hit it square.
Strike3?
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby Saucesauer » Tue May 23, 2006 3:15 pm

you always start your ace make sure to get the first one if not you chocke like minot usually does when i was bat boy for saint mays 94 95 96 97 when they won the state championships every championship game they were on their 3rd pitcher we all have to remember that if you dont get the first one than your ace and other pitchers have a lot more pressure on them you throw your ace in my opinion i believe it is a must win
Saucesauer
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby ndsprtsfn14 » Tue May 23, 2006 4:15 pm

Yes, in state tournaments teams should and do throw their "ace" first game.  But not the case at WDA and EDC.  At state you throw the ace right away so that they can throw again on the third day.  At WDA you usually throw the ace the second game, possibly closing the first game to get the win.  IF the team wins the first game, win the second and you are gauranteed the spot.  If they lose the first day, then the second day is a must win, another situation for an ace.  I don't believe any team will throw their ace until the second day, with maybe the exception of Century.   Gus will make sure Wentz throws the max of 12 innings.  St. Mary's might throw loomis first day also, cuz with beulah second game if they lose, if they don't choke again, they can throw close to anybody.  And this topic was already started, so let's try just use the other one.
ndsprtsfn14
NDPreps Reserve

Postby exwestcoach » Tue May 23, 2006 6:48 pm

ndsptsfn14:

I disagree with you 100%, ask Minot about your pitching philosophy, it can bit you in the backside!
exwestcoach

Return to Class A