09 High School Rankings?

09 High School Rankings?

Postby Keyz20 » Tue Nov 04, 2008 11:59 am

Where will the west teams stand?
"Hold The Rope"
User avatar
Keyz20
NDPreps Starter
 
Posts: 70
Joined: Mon May 05, 2008 10:36 am
Location: North Dakota

Re: 09 High School Rankings?

Postby Keyz20 » Tue Nov 04, 2008 1:56 pm

1.Dickinson
2.Williston
3.Minot
4.BHS
5.Mandan
6.St. Marys
"Hold The Rope"
User avatar
Keyz20
NDPreps Starter
 
Posts: 70
Joined: Mon May 05, 2008 10:36 am
Location: North Dakota

Re: 09 High School Rankings?

Postby 4baseball4 » Wed Nov 05, 2008 8:02 pm

Keyz20 wrote:1.Dickinson
2.Williston
3.Minot
4.BHS
5.Mandan
6.St. Marys

ok keys 20 I think you forgot a team in your rankings. Century.


1. Dickinson
2. Williston
3. Century
4.Minot
5. St. Marys'
6.Mandan
7. BHS
4baseball4
 

Re: 09 High School Rankings?

Postby Keyz20 » Thu Nov 06, 2008 12:42 am

oh my bad...haha
"Hold The Rope"
User avatar
Keyz20
NDPreps Starter
 
Posts: 70
Joined: Mon May 05, 2008 10:36 am
Location: North Dakota

Re: 09 High School Rankings?

Postby baseball18 » Fri Nov 07, 2008 4:12 pm

4baseball4 wrote:
Keyz20 wrote:1.Dickinson
2.Williston
3.Minot
4.BHS
5.Mandan
6.St. Marys

ok keys 20 I think you forgot a team in your rankings. Century.


1. Dickinson
2. Williston
3. Century
4.Minot
5. St. Marys'
6.Mandan
7. BHS


Im not sure about Century they only return Hunter Johnson and Tate Leapaldt. They're going to be very inexperienced.

1. Dickinson
2. Williston
3. Minot
4. BHS
5. St. Mary's
6. Century
7. Jamestown
8. Mandan
9. Beulah
10. Belcourt
baseball18
NDPreps All-State
 
Posts: 582
Joined: Sat May 20, 2006 2:47 pm

Re: 09 High School Rankings?

Postby 4baseball4 » Tue Nov 11, 2008 12:25 am

true century will not have a very old team but their freshman team last year was the 3 seed in the jv tournement so they must have some pretty good sophmores coming up.
baseball18 wrote:

4baseball4 wrote:
Keyz20 wrote:1.Dickinson
2.Williston
3.Minot
4.BHS
5.Mandan
6.St. Marys

ok keys 20 I think you forgot a team in your rankings. Century.


1. Dickinson
2. Williston
3. Century
4.Minot
5. St. Marys'
6.Mandan
7. BHS


Im not sure about Century they only return Hunter Johnson and Tate Leapaldt. They're going to be very inexperienced.

1. Dickinson
2. Williston
3. Minot
4. BHS
5. St. Mary's
6. Century
7. Jamestown
8. Mandan
9. Beulah
10. Belcourt
4baseball4
 

Re: 09 High School Rankings?

Postby baseball06 » Thu Dec 04, 2008 8:21 pm

1. Dickinson
2. Williston
3. Minot
4. Century
5. St. Mary's
6. Bismarck
7. Beulah
8. Jamestown
9. Mandan
10. Belcourt
baseball06
NDPreps Reserve
 
Posts: 30
Joined: Tue Dec 02, 2008 3:54 pm

Re: 09 High School Rankings?

Postby riders » Wed Dec 17, 2008 7:54 pm

[quote="4baseball4"]true century will not have a very old team but their freshman team last year was the 3 seed in the jv tournement so they must have some pretty good sophmores coming up.[quote="baseball18"]

wasn't that the century team that got 10 runned by dickinson in the JV tourney? :roll:
"Not to be cheered by praise, not to be grieved by blame, but to know thoroughly one's own virtues or powers are the characteristics of an excellent man."-Satchel Paige
riders
NDPreps All-Conference
 
Posts: 339
Joined: Tue Feb 26, 2008 10:45 am

Re: 09 High School Rankings?

Postby King James » Wed Dec 17, 2008 9:37 pm

Dickinson, Williston, Century, St Marys, and Minot will be the only teams that are a threat to go to state i think. bhs needs a lot of help to get there.
Wheres the elbow
User avatar
King James
NDPreps All-State
 
Posts: 613
Joined: Tue Feb 06, 2007 2:36 pm

Re: 09 High School Rankings?

Postby 4baseball4 » Wed Dec 17, 2008 11:19 pm

riders wrote:
4baseball4 wrote:true century will not have a very old team but their freshman team last year was the 3 seed in the jv tournement so they must have some pretty good sophmores coming up.
baseball18 wrote:
wasn't that the century team that got 10 runned by dickinson in the JV tourney? :roll:


Century did not play dickinson in the jv tourney. they played them once during the year and i think lost like 1-0 or 2-1?
4baseball4
 

Re: 09 High School Rankings?

Postby riders » Sat Dec 20, 2008 2:50 pm

4baseball4 wrote:
riders wrote:
4baseball4 wrote:true century will not have a very old team but their freshman team last year was the 3 seed in the jv tournement so they must have some pretty good sophmores coming up.
baseball18 wrote:
wasn't that the century team that got 10 runned by dickinson in the JV tourney? :roll:


Century did not play dickinson in the jv tourney. they played them once during the year and i think lost like 1-0 or 2-1?


If they never played each other in the tourney, Century obviously wasn't in the winners bracket. With this fact, they can't be as good as you suppose.
"Not to be cheered by praise, not to be grieved by blame, but to know thoroughly one's own virtues or powers are the characteristics of an excellent man."-Satchel Paige
riders
NDPreps All-Conference
 
Posts: 339
Joined: Tue Feb 26, 2008 10:45 am

Re: 09 High School Rankings?

Postby Saucesauer » Sat Dec 20, 2008 3:07 pm

riders wrote:
4baseball4 wrote:
riders wrote:
4baseball4 wrote:true century will not have a very old team but their freshman team last year was the 3 seed in the jv tournement so they must have some pretty good sophmores coming up.
baseball18 wrote:
wasn't that the century team that got 10 runned by dickinson in the JV tourney? :roll:


Century did not play dickinson in the jv tourney. they played them once during the year and i think lost like 1-0 or 2-1?


If they never played each other in the tourney, Century obviously wasn't in the winners bracket. With this fact, they can't be as good as you suppose.

There is a really big difference in JV and Varsity...hardly anyone talks about high school baseball and no one talks about JV baseball so i will bite on this one, CHS has 2 JV teams, a freshaman one and a sophmore one. So congrats Riders your freshman through juniors that cant make varsity 10 runned 14-15 year olds haha
Saucesauer
NDPreps Hall of Fame
 
Posts: 1112
Joined: Thu Mar 16, 2006 5:26 pm

Re: 09 High School Rankings?

Postby riders » Sat Dec 20, 2008 8:35 pm

just to humor you Sauce..there wasnt anyone over sophs on the DHS JV team..they will now be juniors and will be a very solid group as shown by the pre season rankings.
"Not to be cheered by praise, not to be grieved by blame, but to know thoroughly one's own virtues or powers are the characteristics of an excellent man."-Satchel Paige
riders
NDPreps All-Conference
 
Posts: 339
Joined: Tue Feb 26, 2008 10:45 am

Re: 09 High School Rankings?

Postby 4baseball4 » Sun Dec 21, 2008 12:26 am

too bad they never ten runned them but whatever. we will find out who has better underclassmen in the spring i guess.
4baseball4
 

Re: 09 High School Rankings?

Postby jgabby » Sun Dec 21, 2008 2:26 am

The group of juniors for DHS moving up to the varsity level won state when they were 13 and won a couple games at the midwest regional tournament, so they are pretty proven.
jgabby
NDPreps Rookie
 
Posts: 5
Joined: Thu Mar 13, 2008 12:14 am

Re: 09 High School Rankings?

Postby Saucesauer » Sun Dec 21, 2008 6:01 am

jgabby wrote:The group of juniors for DHS moving up to the varsity level won state when they were 13 and won a couple games at the midwest regional tournament, so they are pretty proven.


Bismarck has 13-17 year olds winning state, winning some regional games...and some playing in the world series (3rd place) hmmm so other than the fact they split up in high school why dont they continue to win state, heck they struggle to make state most of the time. as Highheat said good at one age doesnt carry on for the most part.
Saucesauer
NDPreps Hall of Fame
 
Posts: 1112
Joined: Thu Mar 16, 2006 5:26 pm

Re: 09 High School Rankings?

Postby 4baseball4 » Sun Dec 21, 2008 5:40 pm

jgabby wrote:The group of juniors for DHS moving up to the varsity level won state when they were 13 and won a couple games at the midwest regional tournament, so they are pretty proven.


umm, the group of sophmores from century has 7 guys from the 15 year old team that has one 3 state championships in a row(13's 14's and 15's) and hasnt lost a game at state. Proven? maybe?
4baseball4
 

Re: 09 High School Rankings?

Postby 75ford » Mon Dec 22, 2008 7:44 pm

4baseball4 wrote:
jgabby wrote:The group of juniors for DHS moving up to the varsity level won state when they were 13 and won a couple games at the midwest regional tournament, so they are pretty proven.


umm, the group of sophmores from century has 7 guys from the 15 year old team that has one 3 state championships in a row(13's 14's and 15's) and hasnt lost a game at state. Proven? maybe?


The Baberuth team from Bismarck was very successful but I believe on 3 year run there was a Fargo south team that played in another league (USSSA) and was very successful and would have been able to compete with that Bismarck team, in fact one of the starters for Bismarck is also a Fargo south kid Dylan Kadrmas.
I also think Minot is pretty strong at that age group also.
75ford
NDPreps Starter
 
Posts: 92
Joined: Thu Dec 04, 2008 10:08 am

Re: 09 High School Rankings?

Postby sports11 » Wed Dec 24, 2008 2:09 am

Yeah, the last three years fargo had a baberuth team who did the normal baberuth traveling stuff and then the Thunder that played in the USSSA. Four years ago when it was just baberuth, fargo south won the babe ruth state tournament and took third i think at regionals. The thunder have played mostly in the minneapolis area and then occasionally sioux city, and omaha and places like that.
sports11
NDPreps Rookie
 
Posts: 4
Joined: Mon Dec 01, 2008 10:20 pm

Re: 09 High School Rankings?

Postby Saucesauer » Sun Jan 04, 2009 11:48 am

Does Willy have any ace pitchers left after losing Sorensen?? I feel Dicky is the favorite to win state.
Saucesauer
NDPreps Hall of Fame
 
Posts: 1112
Joined: Thu Mar 16, 2006 5:26 pm

Re: 09 High School Rankings?

Postby of course » Sun Jan 04, 2009 5:00 pm

1.Dickinson-has a very strong junior class with Peters,Laylock,Breen and i think the catcher is Mcneilly? and then you add frenzle they should be favorites
2.williston-they also have a good junior class not as deep as dickinsons but with them then having hason, skadland, and egge returning should be good.
3.minot-they have good coaching so should be a tough game for anyone but dnt have alot of pitching besides bollinger
4.Century-all they really have in johnson
5.bhs-deyle will really have to step up
of course
NDPreps Reserve
 
Posts: 26
Joined: Sun Dec 21, 2008 7:21 pm

Re: 09 High School Rankings?

Postby Keyz20 » Mon Jan 05, 2009 1:49 pm

Saucesauer wrote:Does Willy have any ace pitchers left after losing Sorensen?? I feel Dicky is the favorite to win state.

well i know hanson is only a juior and skadeland now a senior and their both pretty good pitchers and throw low/mid 80's...other than that i think they have some other alright pitchers nothing special though...
"Hold The Rope"
User avatar
Keyz20
NDPreps Starter
 
Posts: 70
Joined: Mon May 05, 2008 10:36 am
Location: North Dakota

Re: 09 High School Rankings?

Postby Riotmaker#9 » Tue Jan 06, 2009 11:08 am

Anyone want to talk wbout the east at all?
"They call me Birdman Jr. I'm flyer than the rest. I'm trying to get a couple cool pigeons to the nest."
Riotmaker#9
NDPreps Reserve
 
Posts: 25
Joined: Fri Oct 05, 2007 5:59 am

Re: 09 High School Rankings?

Postby 7andpoo » Tue Jan 06, 2009 1:10 pm

Riotmaker#9 wrote:Anyone want to talk wbout the east at all?


No the east is totally irrelevant and never beats any west teams come state.
7andpoo
NDPreps Starter
 
Posts: 115
Joined: Fri Jul 27, 2007 8:04 pm

Re: 09 High School Rankings?

Postby Saucesauer » Tue Jan 06, 2009 1:25 pm

7andpoo wrote:
Riotmaker#9 wrote:Anyone want to talk wbout the east at all?


No the east is totally irrelevant and never beats any west teams come state.

Ya you may just want to go to the hockey thread...than again BHS may have somthing to say there.
Saucesauer
NDPreps Hall of Fame
 
Posts: 1112
Joined: Thu Mar 16, 2006 5:26 pm

Next

Return to Class A

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests

cron