Best player in 2009

Re: Best player in 2009

Postby riders » Wed Feb 11, 2009 11:18 pm

just to solidify the arguement for frenzel, he once again represented ND at the power showcase. he hit 6 bombs out of Tropicana Field, good for 8th in the world(US and some other countries). he hit the catwalk a couple times too.
"Not to be cheered by praise, not to be grieved by blame, but to know thoroughly one's own virtues or powers are the characteristics of an excellent man."-Satchel Paige
riders
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby hockeyfan741 » Thu Feb 12, 2009 10:08 am

who is bismarcks SS Dhiley?
Bliz5 wrote:I believe Bollinger is the best player in the state, but because he wasn't born and raised in this state, does not get the attention he so deserves. But then again, he's a pretty quiet kid who doesn't really want the attention nor do his parents from what I can tell. At least he's played on teams outside the state of North Dakota and very successful with it. Frenzel is awesome for North Dakota and hope he does well wherever he goes. The short stop from Bismarck has more range than Frenzel.
hockeyfan741
NDPreps Starter

Postby of course » Thu Feb 12, 2009 1:52 pm

deyle and yes he is there shortstop but do you think they will move frenzel to 3b? since thats where he will be playing in college
of course
NDPreps Reserve

Postby Number7 » Thu Feb 12, 2009 2:07 pm

I dont think Dickinson will or should make a change at all. They should put the lineup out there that gives them the best chance to win every game. He will get plenty of work and development at Arizona at whatever position or variety of positions the coaches decide he will play down there
"Pressure makes diamonds"
Number7
NDPreps All-State

Postby greatbambino » Thu Feb 12, 2009 2:40 pm

Number7 wrote:I dont think Dickinson will or should make a change at all. They should put the lineup out there that gives them the best chance to win every game. He will get plenty of work and development at Arizona at whatever position or variety of positions the coaches decide he will play down there

he could get his feet wet at third a little this spring and summer just to get a feel for the position. it would be better to have some experience at the position before going into it in the fall.

rsfan6 im guessing youre talking about bollinger? the kid is very good on the mound and at the plate, but i never saw him change a game the way frenzel does. when frenzel would come to the plate the other teams gameplan would change to minimize the amount of damage he could do.
greatbambino
NDPreps Starter

Postby of course » Thu Feb 12, 2009 11:17 pm

number 7 very good points but who are they going to throw at 3b? breen of laylock then? cause i dont think laylock has the range for ss and breen has some range but do u think they would put laylock breen or frenzel at 3b? RIDERS maybe you could help out with this
of course
NDPreps Reserve

Postby Bliz5 » Mon Feb 23, 2009 10:50 am

Instead of worrying about who is the best in the state . . . lets hope ALL the boys get to have a season with all the snow that is still around! I give congrats to both Bollinger and Frenzel to being two awesome players and wish then both the best of luck in all they do with the college sports whether it be a JUCO or a D1.

Bollinger was sought after by many D1 schools to come play for them, but he opted JUCO to stay draft eligible and knowa he will get a lot of playing time rather than going to D1 and not get any playing time and also allows him to remain draft eligible and not have to wait until being a Junior at a D1.

I think both these boys have a great shot at the draft in June, but only time will tell. They could both have a really bad spring or they could both have an amazing spring, why don't people just wish them luck and not worry about who is the best in the state. They have enough pressure on them as it is without people saying things about them to bring them down.

I think North Dakota has a lot of amazing players for only getting to play for a short period of time during the year. The boys up here have heart and drive to be the best. I think because of young men like Lundy, Elgie, Tanner Lorenz (Harvey), Bollinger, Frenzel . . . the list goes on . . . that college and professional scouts are actually realizing that there is talent up here and it has opened the doors for younger players in North Dakota to get a chance to show their abilities when the scouts come to watch boys like the above-mentioned players. They don't come to just watch a few chosen ones . . . they are also watching to see what else is coming up behind them.
Bliz5
NDPreps Rookie

Postby jonny906 » Tue Feb 24, 2009 11:11 am

Kirk Schroder from North is going to be the best player in the State this year. He brings a solid infield style to the plate and will average nothing less than a .500 average. North is a garuentee State champ this year if this "God child" plays.
jonny906
NDPreps Starter

Postby greatbambino » Tue Feb 24, 2009 11:34 am

jonny906 wrote:Kirk Schroder from North is going to be the best player in the State this year. He brings a solid infield style to the plate and will average nothing less than a .500 average. North is a garuentee State champ this year if this "God child" plays.

post like this are why this forum is one of the worst i have ever visited.
greatbambino
NDPreps Starter

Postby allyooper23 » Tue Feb 24, 2009 3:18 pm

jonny906 wrote:Kirk Schroder from North is going to be the best player in the State this year. He brings a solid infield style to the plate and will average nothing less than a .500 average. North is a garuentee State champ this year if this "God child" plays.

WOW. just wow. i agree, these kinda posts just show no respect for the game whatsoever
allyooper23
NDPreps Reserve

Postby i_see_it_all » Tue Feb 24, 2009 8:24 pm

Bliz5 wrote:Instead of worrying about who is the best in the state . . . lets hope ALL the boys get to have a season with all the snow that is still around! I give congrats to both Bollinger and Frenzel to being two awesome players and wish then both the best of luck in all they do with the college sports whether it be a JUCO or a D1.

Bollinger was sought after by many D1 schools to come play for them, but he opted JUCO to stay draft eligible and knowa he will get a lot of playing time rather than going to D1 and not get any playing time and also allows him to remain draft eligible and not have to wait until being a Junior at a D1.

I think both these boys have a great shot at the draft in June, but only time will tell. They could both have a really bad spring or they could both have an amazing spring, why don't people just wish them luck and not worry about who is the best in the state. They have enough pressure on them as it is without people saying things about them to bring them down.

I think North Dakota has a lot of amazing players for only getting to play for a short period of time during the year. The boys up here have heart and drive to be the best. I think because of young men like Lundy, Elgie, Tanner Lorenz (Harvey), Bollinger, Frenzel . . . the list goes on . . . that college and professional scouts are actually realizing that there is talent up here and it has opened the doors for younger players in North Dakota to get a chance to show their abilities when the scouts come to watch boys like the above-mentioned players. They don't come to just watch a few chosen ones . . . they are also watching to see what else is coming up behind them.

I dont know who your trying to fool, but bollinger isnt playing D1 because hes simply not good enough. lefty who thows 84 with no great offspeed stuff is just another pitcher. bollinger draft in june? :roll: come on.
bambino ur right, but its also posts like these that are ridiculous.
i_see_it_all
NDPreps Starter

Postby baseball18 » Tue Feb 24, 2009 10:27 pm

i_see_it_all wrote:
Bliz5 wrote:Instead of worrying about who is the best in the state . . . lets hope ALL the boys get to have a season with all the snow that is still around! I give congrats to both Bollinger and Frenzel to being two awesome players and wish then both the best of luck in all they do with the college sports whether it be a JUCO or a D1.

I dont know who your trying to fool, but bollinger isnt playing D1 because hes simply not good enough. lefty who thows 84 with no great offspeed stuff is just another pitcher. bollinger draft in june? :roll: come on.
bambino ur right, but its also posts like these that are ridiculous.

Pretty sure he could play for NDSU or UND... he's going the JUCO route so he can tone his skills a little more and so he can improve to play at a better division 1 school.
baseball18
NDPreps All-State

Postby i_see_it_all » Wed Feb 25, 2009 12:36 am

those are D1 schools in transition years who are going to get demolished for 4 years. (NDSU already has) and no postseason for UND for a long time. Don't think i'd go there either.

but u are right, he needs to go to juco if he wants a shot at a better school. D1 isnt for him right now.
i_see_it_all
NDPreps Starter

Postby P4KNBD » Wed Feb 25, 2009 10:38 am

watch out for red river. i heard they have chris waind returning to baseball.
P4KNBD
NDPreps Starter

Postby Hockey10 » Wed Feb 25, 2009 11:12 am

The best player by a nose in the whole state this year will be Josh Hoobster from red river. He just moved up here from arizona, parents in the air force, and he has verbally commited to Oregon State and he is a Junior this year. He is one good player. Down south he played center field and battedjust over.575 as a sophmore.
Hockey10
NDPreps Reserve

Postby greatbambino » Wed Feb 25, 2009 12:42 pm

P4KNBD wrote:watch out for red river. i heard they have chris waind returning to baseball.

who?

Hockey10 wrote:The best player by a nose in the whole state this year will be Josh Hoobster from red river. He just moved up here from arizona, parents in the air force, and he has verbally commited to Oregon State and he is a Junior this year. He is one good player. Down south he played center field and battedjust over.575 as a sophmore.

who? nothing about him, on the osu site. take your bs somewhere else.
greatbambino
NDPreps Starter

Postby P4KNBD » Wed Feb 25, 2009 8:10 pm

Hockey10 wrote:The best player by a nose in the whole state this year will be Josh Hoobster from red river. He just moved up here from arizona, parents in the air force, and he has verbally commited to Oregon State and he is a Junior this year. He is one good player. Down south he played center field and battedjust over.575 as a sophmore.

yeah i dont think you are telling the truth here. i havent heard anything on this site and i checked the osu site and heard nothing about him as well...if it is true that will be good for nd baseball however
P4KNBD
NDPreps Starter

Postby riders » Wed Feb 25, 2009 8:15 pm

of course wrote:number 7 very good points but who are they going to throw at 3b? breen of laylock then? cause i dont think laylock has the range for ss and breen has some range but do u think they would put laylock breen or frenzel at 3b? RIDERS maybe you could help out with this

Laylock won't be playing the field too much i think. he tore his meniscus(?) during football season and i think hes still tender. breen could play as well as michael steve, alex schiff, brandon lange, and ross kovacs. ross will move to 1b when his hand is better from wda hockey. i honestly think frenzel will be a ss at dhs. right now 3b is up for grabs.
"Not to be cheered by praise, not to be grieved by blame, but to know thoroughly one's own virtues or powers are the characteristics of an excellent man."-Satchel Paige
riders
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby RSFAN6 » Thu Feb 26, 2009 10:37 am

Check the Perfect Game tracker on Bollinger and Frenzel - they are both rated 9.5. For the person who thinks Bollinger isn't "good enough" follow the Perfect Game tracker and he didn't go to D1 because he wanted to remain draft eligible and actually have a chance to play the game and not watch from the bench. Scouts don't see you if you aren't playing!
RSFAN6
NDPreps Reserve

Postby dowork » Thu Feb 26, 2009 1:30 pm

hunter johnson needs to be in this conversation. he is a dang fine third baseman and can pitch very well also. Tate Leapaldt is also very good, only a junior this year but will come through as one of the best players in the west.
Oh baby i like it raw
dowork
NDPreps Reserve

Postby greatbambino » Thu Feb 26, 2009 2:15 pm

dowork wrote:hunter johnson needs to be in this conversation. he is a dang fine third baseman and can pitch very well also. Tate Leapaldt is also very good, only a junior this year but will come through as one of the best players in the west.

hunter is a good ball player but he is not on the level of frenzel or even the level of bollinger.

the subject is "best player in the state". not "best players in the west". if you want to talk about the best players in the west, start another thread.
greatbambino
NDPreps Starter

Postby brownbomber » Thu Feb 26, 2009 7:04 pm

riders wrote:
of course wrote:number 7 very good points but who are they going to throw at 3b? breen of laylock then? cause i dont think laylock has the range for ss and breen has some range but do u think they would put laylock breen or frenzel at 3b? RIDERS maybe you could help out with this

Laylock won't be playing the field too much i think. he tore his meniscus(?) during football season and i think hes still tender. breen could play as well as michael steve, alex schiff, brandon lange, and ross kovacs. ross will move to 1b when his hand is better from wda hockey. i honestly think frenzel will be a ss at dhs. right now 3b is up for grabs.

come on now who are some of these kids honestly blange never heard of him
I am what I am
brownbomber
NDPreps All-State

Postby riders » Thu Feb 26, 2009 7:20 pm

he asked for what the situation was and i told him. bomber, it is not my job, nor do i want it to be, to educate you on who the players are for every team in the west, let alone the state. this is getting off topic now and that is a shame to take away from the "best player" in the state, no matter how opinionated this thread is
riders
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby brownbomber » Thu Feb 26, 2009 8:12 pm

riders wrote:he asked for what the situation was and i told him. bomber, it is not my job, nor do i want it to be, to educate you on who the players are for every team in the west, let alone the state. this is getting off topic now and that is a shame to take away from the "best player" in the state, no matter how opinionated this thread is

he asked you if you could help him, and now im asking you if you can help me
I am what I am
brownbomber
NDPreps All-State

Postby pitbull1821 » Fri Mar 06, 2009 2:24 pm

High School Gatorade Player Of the Year = Lucas James Bumgarner of Wahpeton
pitbull1821
NDPreps Reserve

PreviousNext

Return to Class A