Ebert best pitcher?

Postby Willy » Wed Jun 14, 2006 5:15 am

The original question was looking for the next top 3 in the state.  Are all the best pitchers in the west? 
Willy
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby kel20Nd » Wed Jun 14, 2006 7:54 pm

Willy wrote:The original question was looking for the next top 3 in the state.  Are all the best pitchers in the west? 
u would have to get some players from the east to comment on that i personally dont know any pitchers from the east.. also i dont get how people say borr is lucky i mean he doesnt throw that hard but he they cant hit it there is nothin wrong wit that.. if being the best pitchers matters on how hard u throw then ur statement makes since.. he beat minot only givin up 1 run a lead off homer ..beat st marys giving up 2 hits..beat williston in the wda tournment(very important game doesnt fold under pressure qualified mandan for state) but i mean he just gets lucky all the time thats all
Last edited by kel20Nd on Wed Jun 14, 2006 7:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
kel20Nd

Postby Saas25 » Wed Jun 14, 2006 10:00 pm

Wentz throws 4 pitches: his splitter is decent but he said himself that he doesn't know where it is going and there's no point for him to throw a splitter.  Loomis doesn't throw a knuck, he throws fastball,curve, change and splitter.  Bollinger is a good pitcher but he doesn't throw as hard as the other 2 yet, but in the next 2 years he'll develop more speed and become that much better.
Saas25
NDPreps Starter

Postby go bison » Thu Jun 15, 2006 4:25 pm

Ebert is probably the best pitcher in the east.  He throws mid 80's and has good movement on his fastball.  His curve ball is above average, with a good change-up and slider.  
go bison
NDPreps Reserve

Postby NODAKsportsFAN » Fri Jul 07, 2006 9:37 am

Saucesauer wrote:there are a couple of things i cant seem to figure out how come no one is saying bollinger he is one heck of a pitcher the kid can flat out throw the ball by you before you know what is going on and as a lefty that just makes him harder to face

borr is a deceent pitcher but when you look at the overview of it all put a couple of these thoughts in you head borr vs loomis when you look at mandans lineup of course borr wins smchs has a solid 1and 3 hitter and that is about it somtimes others step up while mandan has a pretty solid 1-7 and 9 hitters they will all hit so thats helps him the reason i think borr beat minot is because they are all a bunch of co*** and were too over confident and most of them can only hit kids who throw over 60 mph so they couldnt slow their bats up enough to hit him.

and will someone please tell me what schroder did this year that everyone thinks he is such a outstandng pitcher because he didnt show me this year

in my opinion top 3 looks like this unless someone can make a legitimate case otherwise and dont just say because so and so beat him when it was the pitchers offense and defense doing all the work

1Wentz 5 pitches while most only have 3 if they are lucky

2Loomis Hard accurate nasty curve and knuck

3Bollinger Lefty Hard accurate  ??curve does he have one??

you like wentz because he's on your team and you think he's king. don't get me wrong, he's good, but definately not the best. as for loomis, he's good also, but there are much better pitcher than him. as for bollinger, the kid is good, he does have a curve ball, but he's not one of the top 3. but how can you put him above lundy who was the ace on their team. its absolutely ridiculous what your saying. you obviously dont have too much respect for minot if you call them a "bunch of co***" either. i'm guessing if you think that you dont like lundy too much. you still have to look at what the kid's done and at least respect him.
Last edited by NODAKsportsFAN on Fri Jul 07, 2006 9:39 am, edited 1 time in total.
NODAKsportsFAN

Postby Saucesauer » Fri Jul 07, 2006 9:42 pm

if you would notice most of the kids listed are returning hence i did returners and as for minot i dont know how to say this but its like the coaches have to bribe the kids to play they would all walk out if the coach made them mad but your obviously from minot so it dosnt matter i also say this because the year minot won state 2005 that good player i think gudmonson wouldnt even shake our coaches hand and that is rediculuse and who comming back next year in the west would you put above wentz?

I KNOW THIS STATEMENT IS GOING TO SPARK SOME CONTROVERSY AND PEOPLE ARE GUNNA YELL AT ME AND TRY AND MAKE ME FEEL LIKE AN IDIOT BUT THESE ARE MY OPINIONS BUT LETS HEAR IT
Saucesauer
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby kel20Nd » Fri Jul 07, 2006 10:03 pm

Saucesauer wrote:if you would notice most of the kids listed are returning hence i did returners and as for minot i dont know how to say this but its like the coaches have to bribe the kids to play they would all walk out if the coach made them mad but your obviously from minot so it dosnt matter i also say this because the year minot won state 2005 that good player i think gudmonson wouldnt even shake our coaches hand and that is rediculuse and who comming back next year in the west would you put above wentz?

I KNOW THIS STATEMENT IS GOING TO SPARK SOME CONTROVERSY AND PEOPLE ARE GUNNA YELL AT ME AND TRY AND MAKE ME FEEL LIKE AN IDIOT BUT THESE ARE MY OPINIONS BUT LETS HEAR IT
I think u need to worry about your own team instead of worry about minot they all play hard and r good sports i have no idea what u r talking about they take 1st in the west like every year.. ur team is the one bitchin at the umps and throwing ur helmets and swearing infront of a big crowd at the state tournment n the game was for 7th place
kel20Nd

Postby NODAKsportsFAN » Sat Jul 08, 2006 2:49 pm

Saucesauer wrote:if you would notice most of the kids listed are returning hence i did returners and as for minot i dont know how to say this but its like the coaches have to bribe the kids to play they would all walk out if the coach made them mad but your obviously from minot so it dosnt matter i also say this because the year minot won state 2005 that good player i think gudmonson wouldnt even shake our coaches hand and that is rediculuse and who comming back next year in the west would you put above wentz?

i'll take it back...wentz will possibly be the best pitcher in the west next year. however he will be followed very closely by loomis, borr, schroeder, and (as much as it hurts me to say this) possibly quale. like you said, you cant forget about bollinger either. as for gathman, he seems to be a completely different player if you compare highschool to summer ball -- in the summer he seems more in control of games when he's pitching than in highschool. yes, i know we were talking about top 3...but for next year i find it hard to pick 3 top pitchers (at least in the west) when they are all very even IMO.
NODAKsportsFAN

Postby Saucesauer » Sat Jul 08, 2006 8:06 pm

i will agree with you but a couple things i question

1 if you lay off the high stuff you should beat quale he cant overpower you unless its high heat

2 what is it with schroder did i not see dickinson at all this year i swear he had like a 4.00 era he sure didnt suprise me this year or did i miss somthing??

Saucesauer
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby NODAKsportsFAN » Sun Jul 09, 2006 8:36 am

your right, i personally dont think quale's that great either. but still...he finds ways to beat teams and thats what counts.

as for schroeder, i know he throws hard and struggled a little this year. maybe he shouldnt be mentioned, but he is at least a little above average.
NODAKsportsFAN

Postby ndplayer » Sun Jul 09, 2006 8:44 am

NODAKsportsFAN wrote:your right, i personally dont think quale's that great either. but still...he finds ways to beat teams and thats what counts.

I don't really know if he "finds a way to win."  It's not that tough to win when your team scores 15 runs a game.
ndplayer
NDPreps Starter

Postby Ming01 » Sun Jul 09, 2006 12:02 pm

ndplayer wrote:
NODAKsportsFAN wrote:your right, i personally dont think quale's that great either. but still...he finds ways to beat teams and thats what counts.

I don't really know if he "finds a way to win."  It's not that tough to win when your team scores 15 runs a game.

Yeah I agree, Qvale had great run support.
Last edited by Ming01 on Sun Jul 09, 2006 12:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ming01
NDPreps Legend

Postby baseballfan » Mon Jul 10, 2006 7:39 am

EBERT ...NO MORE ABOUT EBERT HE DOES NOT EVEN PLAY BASEBALL ANYMORE....MAYBE HE SHOULD TRANSFER SOMEWHERE ELSE JUST LOKE HE DID IN BASKETBALL...SOUNDS LIKE A ISSUE WITH HIM NOT THE COACHES
baseballfan

Postby Willy » Mon Jul 10, 2006 9:05 am

Did anyone else notice who started to topic Who's the best legion coach, followed by who is the worst?  That would be enought to get me mad if I was his coach.
Willy
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby bballer2 » Mon Jul 10, 2006 9:15 am

Saucesauer wrote:i will agree with you but a couple things i question

1 if you lay off the high stuff you should beat quale he cant overpower you unless its high heat

2 what is it with schroder did i not see dickinson at all this year i swear he had like a 4.00 era he sure didnt suprise me this year or did i miss somthing??

lol no one surpsies sauce cuz what ever anyone says your so much better lol... no one is ever good lol
bballer2
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby Central208 » Mon Jul 10, 2006 9:29 am

How is Ebert better than Landry? Ebert never beat central this year and they were the 8th seed in the EDC tourney. I think the best pitcher in the state should be able to beat the 8th seed. Ebert does have a mediocre fastball at 85-86, and a good curveball but batters can hit his fastball and no one could touch Landry(90+).

Last edited by Central208 on Mon Jul 10, 2006 9:36 am, edited 1 time in total.
Central208
NDPreps Reserve

Postby Willy » Mon Jul 10, 2006 10:42 am

Neither Ebert or Landry are playing anymore.  Maybe neither should be in this discussion unless we are talking about past ND pitchers.  Then a few other names should be in the mix, like Helling and Marsden.
Willy
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby ndfan » Mon Jul 10, 2006 12:16 pm

[user=627]Willy[/user] wrote:
Neither Ebert or Landry are playing anymore.  Maybe neither should be in this discussion unless we are talking about past ND pitchers.  Then a few other names should be in the mix, like Helling and Marsden.

I think everybody here needs to take a deep breath with this thread. Ebert has to be part of this thread its called "Ebert the best Pitcher?" If you guys wanna talk about the best pitcher in legion this year or in high school next year start a topic about it. This topic was started in late april when high school ball was still going so the topic had to do with Ebert being the best pitcher or not this year. My opinion is Landry was the best pitcher in the state this year not Ebert or anybody else. Ya'll have a great day.
Matt Houdek. @ndfan55
ndfan
NDPreps Legend

Postby NDSportsFan » Mon Jul 10, 2006 12:40 pm

I agree, sometimes it gets out of hand.  You have some good pitchers, but which one you like the best is all a matter of opinion.   It's time to discuss current and future pictures in another topic,  thanks.
NDSportsFan
NDPreps Legend

Previous

Return to Class A