Deepest Homerun

Deepest Homerun

Postby dodgerfan » Tue Apr 22, 2008 12:32 pm

I want to know who has hit the deepest homerun you've witnessed.
dodgerfan

Re: Deepest Homerun

Postby 7andpoo » Tue Apr 22, 2008 12:37 pm

Tyler Lundy, state legion 2 summers ago, hit a shot that cleared the center field fence by 40 feet, unbelievable
7andpoo
NDPreps Starter

Postby baseball » Tue Apr 22, 2008 3:05 pm

where was it played?
Pay Heed, All Who Enter: Beware of "The Phog"
baseball
NDPreps Legend

Postby dodgerfan » Wed Apr 23, 2008 12:44 am

actually i was there and watched both of those homeruns, there were deeper ones hit there, and i've saw deeper ones hit
highheat wrote:
baseball wrote:where was it played?

williston at state 2 summers ago.
dodgerfan

Postby baseball30 » Wed Apr 23, 2008 9:55 pm

Wentz off schroeder last summer in dickinson..might have cleared the basketball courts
baseball30

Postby riders » Thu Apr 24, 2008 9:24 am

baseball30 wrote:Wentz off schroeder last summer in dickinson..might have cleared the basketball courts

wentz is a very good player but that might be about 450ft. with an aluminum
frenzel hit one over the screen on the backstop for the jv field from the varsity field in dickinson. finally dropped to the ground 15ft short of 1st base.
"Not to be cheered by praise, not to be grieved by blame, but to know thoroughly one's own virtues or powers are the characteristics of an excellent man."-Satchel Paige
riders
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby soykevinendall » Thu Apr 24, 2008 10:41 am

riders wrote:
baseball30 wrote:Wentz off schroeder last summer in dickinson..might have cleared the basketball courts

frenzel hit one over the screen on the backstop for the jv field from the varsity field in dickinson. finally dropped to the ground 15ft short of 1st base.

how is anyone not from dickinson supposed to know how long that homerun is?

and is it any surprise that you said someone from dickinson?

the deepest homerun i have witnessed was a home run into the third deck at jacobs field, now progressive field in cleveland by travis hafner
"There's something about St. Mary's that brings it out."
"I've been off lately, but I got in a rhythm and started making some shots. I wanted the ball. At the end I wanted to be the one to put it away."
"We really wanted it and we never gave up. We just kept battling."
soykevinendall
NDPreps Reserve

Postby riders » Thu Apr 24, 2008 10:52 am

soykevinendall wrote:
riders wrote:

how is anyone not from dickinson supposed to know how long that homerun is?

and is it any surprise that you said someone from dickinson?

the deepest homerun i have witnessed was a home run into the third deck at jacobs field, now progressive field in cleveland by travis hafner

no its not a suprise but if i know whats happened in dix i have the right to say it just like you have the right to talk about century. i did say wentz is a very good player and i just said that that is the longest HR ive seen, nothing more. wenzt did hit an absolute shot off schroeder and it was very deep but im saying that frenzel hit this one. if you dont like people talking about "their town" or "their school" or "their community" this may not be the place for you.
"Not to be cheered by praise, not to be grieved by blame, but to know thoroughly one's own virtues or powers are the characteristics of an excellent man."-Satchel Paige
riders
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby soykevinendall » Thu Apr 24, 2008 4:58 pm

well can you give me an estimated distance of frenzel's "bomb"?
"There's something about St. Mary's that brings it out."
"I've been off lately, but I got in a rhythm and started making some shots. I wanted the ball. At the end I wanted to be the one to put it away."
"We really wanted it and we never gave up. We just kept battling."
soykevinendall
NDPreps Reserve

Postby JRJ27 » Fri Apr 25, 2008 12:48 am

At the god bless america tourney the short stop from Aruba hit a ball that went directly over one of the outfield lights on west fargo's field and it looked to still be rising!!! that was one of the most amazing things i had ever seen and he was using a yellow omaha bat, which i believe was one of the first omahas made. there were some other deep bombs that they hit in that tournament too but that one sticks out in my mind.
JRJ27

Postby riders » Fri Apr 25, 2008 9:22 am

soykevinendall wrote:well can you give me an estimated distance of frenzel's "bomb"?

mabey +475 ft.--310 to right field fence, a solid 65ft to the 2nd field, and prolly 100ft from the backstop to where it actually landed.
riders
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby HeHateMe » Fri Apr 25, 2008 11:42 am

highheat wrote:
JRJ27 wrote:At the god bless america tourney the short stop from Aruba hit a ball that went directly over one of the outfield lights on west fargo's field and it looked to still be rising!!! that was one of the most amazing things i had ever seen and he was using a yellow omaha bat, which i believe was one of the first omahas made. there were some other deep bombs that they hit in that tournament too but that one sticks out in my mind.

i remember hearing about this and then i believe the same guy put one over the powerlines and on top of one of the houses across the street at the moorhead field. sounded like the guy wasnt exactly legion age though. i recall at state last year elgie hit one that landed in the minnesota half of the river at jack williams.

So why pitch to the kid??? He cant hit a ball on top of a house if he's only seeing 4 pitches in the other batters box!!
HeHateMe
NDPreps Starter

Postby JR » Fri Apr 25, 2008 11:48 am

highheat wrote:
JRJ27 wrote:At the god bless america tourney the short stop from Aruba hit a ball that went directly over one of the outfield lights on west fargo's field and it looked to still be rising!!! that was one of the most amazing things i had ever seen and he was using a yellow omaha bat, which i believe was one of the first omahas made. there were some other deep bombs that they hit in that tournament too but that one sticks out in my mind.

i remember hearing about this and then i believe the same guy put one over the powerlines and on top of one of the houses across the street at the moorhead field. sounded like the guy wasnt exactly legion age though. i recall at state last year elgie hit one that landed in the minnesota half of the river at jack williams.

I remember both of these, probabally because they both happened against West Fargo
"Contact Is King"
JR
NDPreps Starter

Postby MHSfan » Fri Apr 25, 2008 2:27 pm

riders wrote:
soykevinendall wrote:well can you give me an estimated distance of frenzel's "bomb"?

mabey +475 ft.--310 to right field fence, a solid 65ft to the 2nd field, and prolly 100ft from the backstop to where it actually landed.

Wow, that might be a stretch. The ball probably rolled the 100 ft from where you saw it land. Where it was resting doesn't count. i'm saying it was close to 385 390 feet. Thats still a big hit
"You miss 100% of all shots you don't take."
Wayne Gretzky
MHSfan
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby dodgerfan » Fri Apr 25, 2008 10:31 pm

Schoeler hit one over the skatepark last summer in Jamestown
dodgerfan

Postby baseball » Fri Apr 25, 2008 11:53 pm

ok i didnt see it but im wondering if someone can confirm it. a buddy of mine said that a few years ago, i think it was Lundy, hit one in jack brown that hit the clock on top of the scoreboard? said it was on a dead line, and the hardest hit ball he has ever seen. probably not the deepest but still an impressive shot....can anyone confirm that?
Pay Heed, All Who Enter: Beware of "The Phog"
baseball
NDPreps Legend

Postby Jefferson Clark » Mon Apr 28, 2008 9:21 am

I remember that but i think it just went clean over the scoreboard. i cant recall it hitting the clock but then again it has been some time since then
Jefferson Clark

Postby dodgerfan » Mon Apr 28, 2008 3:43 pm

yeah i saw that, he didn't hit the clock, he hit the scoreboard and thought he hit a ground rule double
dodgerfan

Postby rep » Mon Apr 28, 2008 4:00 pm

he's a class b guy, but lorrenz tagged one at jack brown last year...at the section tournament i think? deep and high to centerfield, but i have no idea how far it was.
rep

Postby dodgerfan » Mon Apr 28, 2008 7:00 pm

Is that the farthest homerun you've saw rep?
dodgerfan

Postby rep » Mon Apr 28, 2008 10:10 pm

tough to say...it was high, but i don't actually know how far it went. at jbs it is kind of hard for me to judge home runs to center against home runs to left because of the different perspective from the box.
rep

Postby dodgerfan » Tue Apr 29, 2008 1:48 am

Did you see Lundy or Schoeler's home runs?
dodgerfan

Postby Jefferson Clark » Tue Apr 29, 2008 9:18 am

didnt lundy hit one to center at jack brown that made it over the scoreboard and looked like it was going to go through that big tree by the flag though too? im pretty sure it was him or gudmanson
Jefferson Clark

Postby riders » Tue Apr 29, 2008 10:38 am

i know liffrig has hit some bombs in his career
riders
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby dodgerfan » Tue Apr 29, 2008 10:47 am

Lundy and Gudmanson ran the table that year at the state tournament. I'm not sure how far their homeruns were, and yes liffy has hit some bombs, but then again you'll need to have estimated distances or something they hit the ball over or off of to give an estimation
dodgerfan

Next

Return to Class A