Take Me out to the Ballpark

Postby baseball4life » Thu May 04, 2006 3:52 am

my personal opinion is that jack brown and corbett are two top fields in the state i think they are kept very well.
baseball4life
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby twinsfan34 » Mon May 08, 2006 10:58 am

baseball wrote:Enderlin's field was just awesome.  Trains going past the outfield walls and a highway down the first base line.  I would say its better than Jack Brown just becasue of where its placed.

Enderlin's field is nice, but it is also used as a football field I believe (it's been several years since I've been there).  That takes away some of the "baseball feel", in my opinion.  I did like the train tracks out beyond the fence in right field and the highway that practically hangs over the 1st Base line.

I'd have to say Jack Brown Stadium is the best ballpark in the state.  The ivy on the outfield walls makes it look great!  Newman Outdoor Field in Fargo is pretty good looking too.
twinsfan34

Postby DrPepper1 » Tue May 09, 2006 7:22 pm

The best playing field I've ever played on is Jack Williams.  The field is very well kept.
DrPepper1
NDPreps Starter

Postby slugger_12 » Wed May 10, 2006 10:50 am

[font=times new roman]In my opinion, the best field in the state is Aafedt Stadium in Williston.  Has a great atmosphere and a great place to play.  I heard that they are putting in a warning track after the high school season and since the state legion is Williston I expect it to be the nicest field in the state.  Jack Brown in Jamestown is very nice.  Mandan's newly renovated field is very nice as well.  I can't wait to go to Williston for the state tournament and see what kind of shape that is in.[/font]
slugger_12
NDPreps Reserve

Postby Baseballfan35 » Wed May 17, 2006 6:45 pm

Williston, Minot, Jamestown & Mandan easily.

But Fargo has the nicest infield when its fixed up.
Baseballfan35

Postby point/center » Thu May 18, 2006 3:09 am

Jack Brown, Enderlin, Williston are sweet stadiums. I've also always had a soft spot for the Kulm Gopher hole.
only shot at NDpreps HOF: Veterans committee

moderator m/o:your moral compass

http://viewfromthecrowsnest.blogspot.com/
point/center
NDPreps Legend

Postby Strike3? » Mon May 22, 2006 6:36 pm

Williston, Minot, and Mandan have the best fields in the state i believe with Bismarck by far having the worst field.
It's a round ball and a round bat, and you got to hit it square.
Strike3?
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby ndplayer » Tue May 23, 2006 5:03 am

Bismarck probly has the worst "Class A" field, but not worst in the state.  There are so many gruesome class b fields.
ndplayer
NDPreps Starter

Postby Tigger » Mon May 29, 2006 7:59 pm

Mayville's field should look pretty interesting for the state class B legion tournament as there are plans to replace the traditional dirt baselines with sod and add warning tracks around the bullpen areas.
Tigger
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby tadam6 » Wed May 31, 2006 7:23 am

So what is the best class B field?
tadam6

Postby power-aid14 » Wed May 31, 2006 7:24 am

has to be Jack Brown....maybe enderlin for layout and setting but overall field has to be Jack Brown in Jamestown and i tihnk for all of those going to the state tourney this weekend who have not seen it yet will be impressed
flippin idiot
power-aid14
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby tadam6 » Wed May 31, 2006 11:29 am

Lisbon is a pretty nice field....i think.....anybody ever played in Langdon?

tadam6

Postby SiouxUND » Wed Jun 07, 2006 7:03 pm

Jack Brown Stadium by far is the best field in the state.  Minot has the best playing surface, but Jack Brown Stadium is the best field.  The atmosphere and in the summer the ivy in right field it is the best hands down.
SiouxUND
NDPreps Starter

Postby 4for4 » Wed Jun 07, 2006 7:22 pm

Yeah the ivy at Jack Brown is the best by far, considering they are the only ones with ivy besides municipal, and the ivy at Muni is basically weeds.
4for4
NDPreps Starter

Postby surferdan » Tue Jul 11, 2006 9:40 pm

Tiger Pride said:

Growing up I always liked the field in Hettinger.  The lake, Mirror Lake, and the games I remeber really are what make it special.  Saw(heard) a ball drop in the lake at about  2AM for for a game winning HR in extra innings.  Watched a kid who called time out to ask the coach if could just bunt hit a HR, 1st of his life.

wow that must have been a bomb!:shock: that lake is out there pretty far so that would be real cool to her a kerplunk at 2 am. expecially cuz the kid must have ripped the ball. stuff like that makes fields real cool.
"I reject your reality and substitute my own." – Adam Savage of Mythbusters
surferdan
NDPreps Reserve

Previous

Return to Class A