Fargo Legion to form "B" team

Re: Fargo Legion to form "B" team

Postby ttime262 » Tue Feb 26, 2008 4:54 pm

Post 2 doesn't have that many kids try out for the team. Last year they only cut 3 or 5 kids. There is a lot of kids that would make the team if they tried out, but don't because they don't like Ibach or the don't like the 70 some games packed into two months. There was probably ten kids last year that could have been a huge help to Post 2 if they played, but they didn't want to because of these reasons.
ttime262

Postby JRJ27 » Tue Feb 26, 2008 6:01 pm

Post 2 may not have cut very many players last year but they seem to carry a very large roster, maybe over 20 if not it has to be close to it. you add those few players that they cut and the players that didn't come out for the season that you say could have made a difference and you could easily have 2 teams of 15 or 16 players. thats all that you need and both of those teams would be competitive in the east (assuming that nd would go back to a two conference system again with another team). Also its hard to compete with the west, they seem just dominate year in and year out. i think the bigger picture is that if Bismarck and Fargo would just go to two teams nd would have two conferences thats the reason these cities need to make another team
JRJ27

Postby ttime262 » Tue Feb 26, 2008 7:26 pm

Who should they have started in that game instead. He was the best option that Post 2 had. The bad coaching decision came in the first game when Ibach pulled Kingsely, who was throwing a brilliant game and put Herian in who gave the game to Bismarck.
ttime262

Postby ttime262 » Tue Feb 26, 2008 9:16 pm

The runners that scored had to have gotten on base somehow. There was only one guy on base when Kingsely left the game.
ttime262

Postby b-baller » Tue Feb 26, 2008 9:19 pm

"there shouldn't be two "A" teams because thats just stupid, they wouldnt really be two A teams and winning a state championship is more difficult then you make it seem shs. west teams can be playing outside longer then we can, and they have different coaching strategies for their fielders that the east should pick. plus they are all farm boys so they have a great deal of strength. you can say that its unacceptable that post 2 hasn't won many state ships"

Wow, I didn't know the west was so good because they are outside longer and they are all strong farm boys! Now it all makes sense!
b-baller

Postby sports4lif3 » Tue Feb 26, 2008 9:59 pm

dude. Jagim took your starting spot, get over it. Stop taking cheap shots at some one who was supposed to be a team mate. and the outfielder did not "drop a pop fly" it was a well hit ball and would have been a good play to track it down, leave the guy alone.
sports4lif3

Postby 7andpoo » Tue Feb 26, 2008 10:22 pm

Ok first off, the fly ball did hit his glove but it was still a hard play to finish. Secondly, high heat didn't say anything about taking his spot so there is no need to bash him. Yes there were some questionable coaching decisions on pitching, but last time i checked, we didn't put up a ton of runs either, plus coaching is part of the game. Jagim, as a 16 year old with a 2-6 record, although a TON of potential and is really good now, did not take Herian's spot. period. Also, saying shs wouldn't make it in moorehead is ridiculous, because personally there isn't one person i would rather have on my team then him. This stuff about last year is just dumb as heck, as this has nothing to do with the topic about Fargo's 17 year old team. So for now, make a new thread about whiny excuses Fargo didnt win state and just talk about the post topic. You know what ill make it myself so you can just start chatting away.
7andpoo
NDPreps Starter

Postby rep » Tue Feb 26, 2008 10:47 pm

este asunto es cerrado
rep

Previous

Return to Class A