College Players

Postby SiouxUND » Mon Jun 11, 2007 10:03 am

Where are all the seniors from this year going? 

I heard that Schroeder is goin to Mary and Loomis.  I also heard Kreis and Bombenger r goin to Jamestown College.
SiouxUND
NDPreps Starter

Postby shs01240 » Mon Jun 11, 2007 12:21 pm

<span class="texteditorenhanced">[user=372]SiouxUND[/user] wrote:
Where are all the seniors from this year going? 

I heard that Schroeder is goin to Mary and Loomis.  I also heard Kreis and Bombenger r goin to Jamestown College.
</span>

As far as i know bombenger hasn't comitted anywhere, unless this is a new development.
I never blame myself when I'm not hitting. I just blame the bat and if it keeps up, I change bats. After all, if I know it isn't my fault that I'm not hitting, how can I get mad at myself?
-Yogi Berra
shs01240
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby Ming01 » Mon Jun 11, 2007 5:37 pm

Zach Klabo is playing at Mary as well
Ming01
NDPreps Legend

Postby GOBIGBLUE09 » Fri Jun 15, 2007 11:05 am

Bombenger just signed at VCSU, it's on their website
GOBIGBLUE09
NDPreps Rookie

Postby NDSUGrad » Fri Jun 15, 2007 11:28 am

GOBIGBLUE09 wrote:Bombenger just signed at VCSU, it's on their website

I see that both Bombenger and Herian will be going there.
Last edited by NDSUGrad on Fri Jun 15, 2007 12:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
NDSUGrad
NDPreps Starter

Postby netminder08 » Sat Jun 16, 2007 9:00 am

Brian Borr from Mandan is going to BSC.

netminder08

Postby Saucesauer » Sat Jun 16, 2007 9:09 pm

netminder08 wrote:Brian Borr from Mandan is going to BSC.

I am also going to BSC i just signed my letter like 2 days ago
Saucesauer
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby b-baller » Mon Jun 18, 2007 10:43 am

Saucesauer wrote:
netminder08 wrote:Brian Borr from Mandan is going to BSC.

I am also going to BSC i just signed my letter like 2 days ago

That's great but who are you?
b-baller

Postby Saucesauer » Mon Jun 18, 2007 6:12 pm

drew hausauer
Saucesauer
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby highheat » Mon Jun 18, 2007 8:40 pm

why arent you playing for the govs this summer if you plan on playing college ball next year?
highheat

Postby Ming01 » Mon Jun 18, 2007 9:12 pm

He's on Washburn
Ming01
NDPreps Legend

Postby highheat » Mon Jun 18, 2007 9:23 pm

does he live in washburn?
highheat

Postby Saucesauer » Mon Jun 18, 2007 10:04 pm

i am supposed to be moving to wilton here in a little bit
Saucesauer
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby brownbomber » Tue Jun 19, 2007 1:08 pm

you would rather play baseball over hockey in college?
I am what I am
brownbomber
NDPreps All-State

Postby Saucesauer » Tue Jun 19, 2007 5:28 pm

i may of led my team in total points but it was for century so for that reason i dont think i am good enough to go anywhere for hockey
Saucesauer
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby dodgerfan » Tue Jun 19, 2007 7:36 pm

i was going to say are you big enough to play college hockey? jush kidding
dodgerfan

Postby brownbomber » Wed Jun 20, 2007 1:17 pm

that kid makes up for his lack of size by bustin his butt everytime hes out there man his feet never stop i would have loved for him to be on my team
I am what I am
brownbomber
NDPreps All-State

Postby dodgerfan » Thu Jun 21, 2007 8:50 pm

brownbomber wrote:that kid makes up for his lack of size by bustin his butt everytime hes out there man his feet never stop i would have loved for him to be on my team

i know i've played against him, he's very intense
dodgerfan

Postby baseball30 » Sat Jun 23, 2007 1:13 am

this is getting ridicilous...stay on topic here please
baseball30

Postby brownbomber » Sat Jun 23, 2007 10:07 am

sorry we ruffled your drawers sir
I am what I am
brownbomber
NDPreps All-State

Postby power-aid14 » Sat Jun 23, 2007 4:23 pm

Do you guys remember the catcher from Grand Forks Red River, Tyler Bloms. He graduated in i think it was '04 and was a pretty good catcher. Do you guys think anybody catching right now in the state is as good as he was?
flippin idiot
power-aid14
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby dodgerfan » Sat Jun 23, 2007 7:28 pm

power-aid14 wrote:Do you guys remember the catcher from Grand Forks Red River, Tyler Bloms. He graduated in i think it was '04 and was a pretty good catcher. Do you guys think anybody catching right now in the state is as good as he was?

idk Sadler
dodgerfan

Postby b-baller » Sun Jun 24, 2007 8:36 am

Alex Moe from Central is very good both defensivly and hitting.   He was All-EDC with Sadler and is a year younger.  Look for him to be the top catcher in the east next year.  Sadler and Moe will split time behind the plate for the GF legion, both also play a good center field.
Last edited by b-baller on Sun Jun 24, 2007 8:39 am, edited 1 time in total.
b-baller

Postby dodgerfan » Mon Jun 25, 2007 8:48 pm

b-baller wrote:Alex Moe from Central is very good both defensivly and hitting.   He was All-EDC with Sadler and is a year younger.  Look for him to be the top catcher in the east next year.  Sadler and Moe will split time behind the plate for the GF legion, both also play a good center field.

i think sadler is better then moe, and i guess i've never saw either of them play center field
dodgerfan

Postby Willy » Tue Jun 26, 2007 5:58 am

dodgerfan wrote:
b-baller wrote:Alex Moe from Central is very good both defensivly and hitting.   He was All-EDC with Sadler and is a year younger.  Look for him to be the top catcher in the east next year.  Sadler and Moe will split time behind the plate for the GF legion, both also play a good center field.

i think sadler is better then moe, and i guess i've never saw either of them play center field

by Tom Miller- Grand Forks Herald   The Grand Forks Royals American Legion baseball team inherited two all-East Region catchers from the Grand Forks high school teams Red River and Central.

So is a packed position, with the abilities of Red River's Andy Sadler and Central's Alex Moe, a problem for the Royals?

No. In fact, it's just the opposite.

"For us, its been a godsend," Royals assistant coach Nick Chine said.

The versatility of Sadler and Moe allow Grand Forks to play one at catcher and the other in the outfield, allowing both strong bats to be in the lineup at the same time.

The situation isn't only nice, it's essential.

"We only have two true outfielders," Chine said. "Without (Sadler's and Moe's) versatility, we'd be in a bind."

The two split Grand Forks' top pitchers. Sadler catches Sean Potter, who graduated from Red River in 2006. Moe catches Alex Kreis, who was Central's ace during the recently completed high school season.

"Kreis trusts me and I know what he wants to throw," Moe said. "And it's the same with Potter and Andy."

The catching tandem has bailed out the Royals defensively, while also sparking the team's offense.

Entering Monday night's doubleheader against Wahpeton, Moe was batting .388 while Sadler was hitting .333. Both players have scored 17 runs and have driven in 10 more through 12 games.

Sadler and Moe bat leadoff and second, respectively.

"Andy is a big base-stealing threat, no matter which base he's on," Chine said. "Even if the catcher barely bobbles the ball, he doesn't have a shot of getting Andy."

While Sadler has shown his speed, Moe has displayed his power. He recently had a pair of home runs in a game against West Fargo. The 17-year-old also has a pair of doubles so far this year.

"I like (splitting time between catcher and outfielder)," Moe said. "You get to enjoy the whole experience."

For the 18-year-old Sadler, the situation has been a nice change of pace from the daily grind of catching every day.

"When I played for the Royals as a sophomore, it was just me and John Greicar that could catch," said Sadler, who has signed to play baseball at UND. "That year, I think I sat two or three games the entire season."

Chine also noted changes that occur when a player isn't forced to catch nearly every game of a 50-game season.

"It's good for their knees and it's good for them mentally," Chine said. "It keeps them fresh, more in tune and more alert."

The plan has worked well for the Royals, who are 10-4 this season after sweeping Wahpeton 4-2, 14-4 on Monday night. Their only four losses came in Omaha, Neb., against out-of-state competition. Against East Region opponents, Grand Forks is 6-0.

"We've been hitting really well," Moe said. "And we've only been having one or two errors a game."

Willy
NDPreps All-Conference

Next

Return to Class A