10. belcourt
Ming01
NDPreps Legend

Postby baseball fan » Fri Jun 08, 2007 7:04 am

is Jamestown in east or west?
baseball fan
NDPreps Reserve

Postby Strike3? » Fri Jun 08, 2007 8:54 am

baseball fan wrote:is Jamestown in east or west?

west for high school and east for legion
It's a round ball and a round bat, and you got to hit it square.
Strike3?
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby statechamp07 » Fri Jun 08, 2007 11:35 am

1. minot

2. bismarck

3. dickinson

4. Williston

5. Century

6. Jamestown

7. Stmarys

8. Mandan

9. Buelah

10. Turtle Moutain
statechamp07

Postby Number7 » Sat Jun 09, 2007 10:26 am

GFRR99 wrote:i dont know much about the west but the east:

1. south
2. central
3. red river
4. north
5. shanley
6. devils lake
7. west fargo
8. whap
9. valley city

not a chance central is that good especially without kreis, moe and riopelle are good but thats about it  my predictions for the east:

1. GF Red River

2. Fargo South

3. West Fargo

4. Fargo Shanley

5. Devils Lake

6. Fargo North

7. GF Central

8. Wahpeton

9. Valley City

"Pressure makes diamonds"
Number7
NDPreps All-State

Postby ttime262 » Wed Jun 13, 2007 11:14 am

there is no way that west fargo will finish highing than north does. north is a much better team.
ttime262

Postby Number7 » Wed Jun 13, 2007 6:53 pm

ttime262 wrote:there is no way that west fargo will finish highing than north does. north is a much better team.

How do you figure? North loses so much from last season since their seniors did basically everything.  Shelton and Fiske will be solid and Larson will need to throw strikes but other than that from what I saw those sophmores on varsity this year did very little to indicate they will be productive next year.  I really see them struggling early in the year do to lack of experience since I believe they lose something like 9 seniors off this year's squad who all contributed, but they will be there around tournament time ,and anythings possible as long as they have fiechtner (sp?) coaching.
Last edited by Number7 on Wed Jun 13, 2007 7:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Number7
NDPreps All-State

Postby ttime262 » Thu Jun 14, 2007 8:37 am

who does west fargo have back that will make them a good team?
ttime262

Postby Number7 » Thu Jun 14, 2007 12:50 pm

ttime262 wrote:who does west fargo have back that will make them a good team?

Two of their top 4 pitchers from last season, Ferguson and Steckler, and the Sanderson twins and Charbonneau will all be solid at the plate. Plus the varsity newcomers next year will be a very solid bunch with solid pitchers and hitters to fill out the rotation and line-up.
Number7
NDPreps All-State

Postby ttime262 » Thu Jun 14, 2007 1:01 pm

west fargo did not have four solid pitchers this year. Their ace got lit up against both north and south. ferguson and steckler are not good pitchers and will get rocked next year by teams like red river, south, and north. Who was the four pitcher that West fargo had this year.
ttime262

Postby Number7 » Thu Jun 14, 2007 1:03 pm

ttime262 wrote:west fargo did not have four solid pitchers this year. Their ace got lit up against both north and south. ferguson and steckler are not good pitchers and will get rocked next year by teams like red river, south, and north. Who was the four pitcher that West fargo had this year.

Ferguson allowed one run to fargo south in the state tournament and steckler pitched a complete game 3 hitter with 1 unearned run against north last season.  Both can pitch.
Number7
NDPreps All-State

Postby ttime262 » Thu Jun 14, 2007 1:06 pm

i don't think that any one on the south team really cared if they were playing in that game or not. What about when steckler pitched against south early in the year when got lit up the game after horsager allowed 10 earned runs in 1.1 innings
ttime262

Postby Number7 » Thu Jun 14, 2007 1:11 pm

I didnt know people couldnt have bad games to be considered good pitchers.  Both of them will be solid pitchers and contribute on the mound next season.
Number7
NDPreps All-State

Postby Number7 » Thu Jun 14, 2007 1:14 pm

I think south's offense could struggle alot more than people expect next year.  They have solid pitching that will be there all year but im not sold on the bats.
Number7
NDPreps All-State

Postby ttime262 » Thu Jun 14, 2007 1:20 pm

south will not need to have that good of an offense next year with all of the pitching that they have. They will have the deepest pitching staff in the edc with Rusch, Edland, Kingsley, Erickson, Noriega
ttime262

Postby shs01240 » Thu Jun 14, 2007 1:30 pm

<span class="texteditorenhanced">[user=2044]ttime262[/user] wrote:
south will not need to have that good of an offense next year with all of the pitching that they have. They will have the deepest pitching staff in the edc with Rusch, Edland, Kingsley, Erickson, Noriega
</span>

South's offense will struggle. I love those guys, but after i got by sholl and rude, there was really nothing that scared me in that lineup. It will be very interesting to see how little of offensive production they will need to win, because you are right, those are all solid pitchers (i haven't seen erickson yet).

I think West Fargo will be a top four team next season. Rheault and Schmidt had good years, but by no means did they, or the other seniors, carry that offensive lineup by themselves. If i'm correct they had some young guys step up and deliver late in the season. I think fiest in the only legitimate "ace" on their staff. If he can develop a changeup, and improve upon his breaking ball, i think he'll start to be talked about in the same sentences as rusch and larson next season.

BOTTOM LINE: It all depends on which team has the most players putting forth a lot of effort in the offseason.
I never blame myself when I'm not hitting. I just blame the bat and if it keeps up, I change bats. After all, if I know it isn't my fault that I'm not hitting, how can I get mad at myself?
-Yogi Berra
shs01240
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby highheat » Thu Jun 14, 2007 2:53 pm

Number7 wrote:
ttime262 wrote:west fargo did not have four solid pitchers this year. Their ace got lit up against both north and south. ferguson and steckler are not good pitchers and will get rocked next year by teams like red river, south, and north. Who was the four pitcher that West fargo had this year.

Ferguson allowed one run to fargo south in the state tournament and steckler pitched a complete game 3 hitter with 1 unearned run against north last season.  Both can pitch.

nobody on south cared about that game and steckler faced a north jv team basically. both of them were turds this year, but anything can happen over the off season.
highheat

Postby Number7 » Thu Jun 14, 2007 3:21 pm

shs01240 wrote:<span class="texteditorenhanced">[user=2044]ttime262[/user] wrote:
</span>

South's offense will struggle. I love those guys, but after i got by sholl and rude, there was really nothing that scared me in that lineup. It will be very interesting to see how little of offensive production they will need to win, because you are right, those are all solid pitchers (i haven't seen erickson yet).

I think West Fargo will be a top four team next season. Rheault and Schmidt had good years, but by no means did they, or the other seniors, carry that offensive lineup by themselves. If i'm correct they had some young guys step up and deliver late in the season. I think fiest in the only legitimate "ace" on their staff. If he can develop a changeup, and improve upon his breaking ball, i think he'll start to be talked about in the same sentences as rusch and larson next season.

BOTTOM LINE: It all depends on which team has the most players putting forth a lot of effort in the offseason.

Just to let you know feist graduated.
Number7
NDPreps All-State

Postby shs01240 » Thu Jun 14, 2007 3:55 pm

<span class="texteditorenhanced">[user=1492]Number7[/user] wrote:
shs01240 wrote:<span class="texteditorenhanced">[user=2044]ttime262[/user] wrote:
</span>

Just to let you know feist graduated.
</span>

Oh...well then...i guess i lose all credibility. ha
I never blame myself when I'm not hitting. I just blame the bat and if it keeps up, I change bats. After all, if I know it isn't my fault that I'm not hitting, how can I get mad at myself?
-Yogi Berra
shs01240
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby teddybear » Sun Jun 17, 2007 7:49 am

Number7 wrote:
ttime262 wrote:there is no way that west fargo will finish highing than north does. north is a much better team.

How do you figure? North loses so much from last season since their seniors did basically everything.  Shelton and Fiske will be solid and Larson will need to throw strikes but other than that from what I saw those sophmores on varsity this year did very little to indicate they will be productive next year.  I really see them struggling early in the year do to lack of experience since I believe they lose something like 9 seniors off this year's squad who all contributed, but they will be there around tournament time ,and anythings possible as long as they have fiechtner (sp?) coaching.

Pitching alone makes them better than WF.   Larson dominated towards the end of this year and along with Max Rusch from South he will easily be a top 2 pitcher in EDC, if not State.  Anthony Schutz led the EDC in Saves which means he pitched in pressure situations in games that counted (unlike Steckler who thinks it's a big deal that he gave up one earned run against a JV lineup in a meaningless second game).  Along with Schnabel I think North has 3 options better than anything WF has.  I seem to recall alot of  people on this thread saying similar things about North coming into this year (they lost Ebert, Kragness, Schockman and have nothing coming back) and they seemed to do ok this year.  Keep telling yourself you will be better but it will be like every other year, WF looking  up at North in the standings. 
teddybear
NDPreps Reserve

Postby JR » Sun Jun 17, 2007 9:51 am

If i can remember right WF lost 1-0 in a meaningful first game of a double header.. and gave up 0 ER .. Herian got the W
"Contact Is King"
JR
NDPreps Starter

Postby shs01240 » Sun Jun 17, 2007 11:45 am

North...West Fargo...Psshht! Everybody knows Shanley is where it is at...Just kidding guys, I'm just tryin to lighten the mood. Please don't start rippin into my boys.

I think West Fargo and North both will be down considerably in 2008. Both graduated solid senior classes that have been successful together for a long time, and played competitively against each other for a long time. You have to keep in mind that regular season records mean jack-squat, and it all comes down to who can play the best for three days at the end of may.
-Yogi Berra
shs01240
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby Number7 » Sun Jun 17, 2007 1:19 pm

teddybear wrote:
Number7 wrote:

Pitching alone makes them better than WF.   Larson dominated towards the end of this year and along with Max Rusch from South he will easily be a top 2 pitcher in EDC, if not State.  Anthony Schutz led the EDC in Saves which means he pitched in pressure situations in games that counted (unlike Steckler who thinks it's a big deal that he gave up one earned run against a JV lineup in a meaningless second game).  Along with Schnabel I think North has 3 options better than anything WF has.  I seem to recall alot of  people on this thread saying similar things about North coming into this year (they lost Ebert, Kragness, Schockman and have nothing coming back) and they seemed to do ok this year.  Keep telling yourself you will be better but it will be like every other year, WF looking  up at North in the standings. 
What are you talking about?!! I pitched the game at North vs. Herian. We both pitched complete games with 0 ER and north won 2-1.  Im pretty sure both line-ups were the best each team had to offer. And I dont see where north's offensive production will come from besides Shelton and Fiske.
Number7
NDPreps All-State

Next

Return to Class A