STATE TOURNAMENT TALK

Postby Willy » Sat May 26, 2007 7:15 pm

Pairings should look like this:

TOP BRACKETS:   Dickinson vs West Fargo  and  GF Central vs Williston

BOTTOM BRACKETS:  [color=orange]Minot vs Fargo South  [/color]and  Fargo North vs Jamestown
Last edited by Willy on Sat May 26, 2007 7:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Willy
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby sports101 » Sat May 26, 2007 7:18 pm

Willy wrote:Pairings should look like this:

TOP BRACKET:   Dickinson vs West Fargo  and  GF Central vs Williston

BOTTOM BRACKET:  [color=orange]Minot vs Fargo South  [/color]and  Fargo North vs Jamestown

who do you think will win their first games?
sports101

Postby Willy » Sat May 26, 2007 7:25 pm

I'll go with Dickinson, Central, Minot and North.    The only game in doubt is Williston vs. Central, the other three shouldn't even be close.
Willy
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby highheat » Sat May 26, 2007 7:35 pm

minot and south should be a close one too.
highheat

Postby jkaiz » Sat May 26, 2007 8:15 pm

highheat wrote:minot and south should be a close one too.

if minot throws gathman i dont think it will be close
jkaiz

Postby highheat » Sat May 26, 2007 8:21 pm

if minot throws gathman and south throws rusch it will be a close one. if thats how the pitching pans out, that game could end 1-0.
highheat

Postby Ming01 » Sat May 26, 2007 9:08 pm

I'll take Dickinson, Central, Minot, and North as well
Ming01
NDPreps Legend

Postby keepinitreal » Sat May 26, 2007 10:10 pm

Watch out for Central, we may not have a premiere pitcher, but wood bats are going to play into our favor.  We will beat teams with small ball this season.  People are sleepin on us big time, just consider yourselves warned.

I made that post two months ago and received harsh criticism, but now I'm curious as to why I was shot down.  Sure Kries was a premiere pitcher I was wrong there, but everything else the flat out truth.  I have been gone for quite some time here to let you guys have your little "serious" discussions.  I just figured what they hey we are back at state just like I have said.  We bunt better than any team in the state.  We will be a factor next weekend.  Long live the Knights!!!
keepinitreal

Postby highheat » Sun May 27, 2007 12:45 am

keepinitreal wrote:Watch out for Central, we may not have a premiere pitcher, but wood bats are going to play into our favor.  We will beat teams with small ball this season.  People are sleepin on us big time, just consider yourselves warned.

I made that post two months ago and received harsh criticism, but now I'm curious as to why I was shot down.  Sure Kries was a premiere pitcher I was wrong there, but everything else the flat out truth.  I have been gone for quite some time here to let you guys have your little "serious" discussions.  I just figured what they hey we are back at state just like I have said.  We bunt better than any team in the state.  We will be a factor next weekend.  Long live the Knights!!!

you have no shot at winning if kries isnt on the mound. bunting better than any team in the state? no, you bunted above average for half an inning against a team that flopped when you tied it up in the seventh. if you were so good at bunting you couldve scavanged a few runs yesterday against north.
Last edited by highheat on Sun May 27, 2007 12:46 am, edited 1 time in total.
highheat

Postby shs01240 » Sun May 27, 2007 6:05 am

<span class="texteditorenhanced">[user=1334]highheat[/user] wrote:
keepinitreal wrote:Watch out for Central, we may not have a premiere pitcher, but wood bats are going to play into our favor.  We will beat teams with small ball this season.  People are sleepin on us big time, just consider yourselves warned.

you have no shot at winning if kries isnt on the mound. bunting better than any team in the state? no, you bunted above average for half an inning against a team that flopped when you tied it up in the seventh. if you were so good at bunting you couldve scavanged a few runs yesterday against north.
</span>

yes, 10-0 is nothing to brag about.
I never blame myself when I'm not hitting. I just blame the bat and if it keeps up, I change bats. After all, if I know it isn't my fault that I'm not hitting, how can I get mad at myself?
-Yogi Berra
shs01240
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby b-baller » Sun May 27, 2007 6:36 am

Central was embarrassed in the first inning, especially by the 5 walks and dropped fly ball in right with bases loaded and 2 outs.  After a pitching change it was a 1-0 game.   A couple of base running blunders in the 5th cost Central a run too. 

Maybe Central just wanted to preserve that 10 run lead to get off the field with 45 degrees, 35 mph wind and drizzle.  Several players slipped, its fortunate nobody got hurt.  The game should have never been played, North should have just got the one seed and everyone should have moved on.

By the way, the comment about not scoring on purpose was sarcasm.
Last edited by b-baller on Sun May 27, 2007 8:18 am, edited 1 time in total.
b-baller

Postby Ming01 » Sun May 27, 2007 9:41 am

I thought I read in the paper that this is the first time ever that no Bismarck/Mandan teams are in the state tourney.
Ming01
NDPreps Legend

Postby baseball30 » Sun May 27, 2007 11:09 am

Long live the people who talk up their own team!!!...please give it a rest
baseball30

Postby brownbomber » Sun May 27, 2007 11:43 am

just wait till one of the west teams walks in and puts you in the losers braket after the first day then you can talk all you want
I am what I am
brownbomber
NDPreps All-State

Postby Ming01 » Sun May 27, 2007 11:45 am

I would just like to put out there how impressive it is for Dickinson to win WDA after a very disappointing season last year.  Beginning of the season I would have never thought they would win WDA.  And same goes for Williston I thought they would be one of the cellar-dwellars.
Last edited by Ming01 on Sun May 27, 2007 11:47 am, edited 1 time in total.
Ming01
NDPreps Legend

Postby b-baller » Sun May 27, 2007 8:54 pm

brownbomber wrote:just wait till one of the west teams walks in and puts you in the losers braket after the first day then you can talk all you want

Good luck to the west team if Kreis pitches opening game.  Two runs allowed in last 21 innings.
b-baller

Postby brownbomber » Sun May 27, 2007 9:02 pm

what a better time to crack him open then the first game of state
I am what I am
brownbomber
NDPreps All-State

Postby highheat » Mon May 28, 2007 1:24 pm

what are the projected starting lineups for all the teams at state?
highheat

Postby jkaiz » Mon May 28, 2007 5:35 pm

my guess for the west - if i mess something up please correct me or fill in spots that i didnt know

Minot

RF - bachmeyer (sp?)
CF - Houston
LF - Gathman? not sure if he will pitch
1B - Elgie/Martinson
2B - ?
SS - hornecker
3B - Sharpie
C - Elgie/ Towery
DH - Bollinger

Dickinson

RF - shroeder
CF - Steffan
LF - Tooley
1B - Herauf
2b - Oolala (sp?)
SS - Frenzel
3B - Tomanek
C - Koppinger
DH - ?

Williston

LF - Laqua
CF - Colebank
RF - Sorenson
1B - Qvale
2B - wingeter (sp?)
SS - Braun
3B - ?
C - Richter
DH - ?

Jamestown - I dont know much about them

LF -?
CF - ?
RF - ?
1b - ?
2B - ?
SS - welding
3B - Lick
C - ?
DH - ?
P - hogan

jkaiz

Postby baseball30 » Mon May 28, 2007 6:24 pm

who do u guys think will be the startin pitcher for each team?
baseball30

Postby Ming01 » Mon May 28, 2007 6:35 pm

For the 1st games I would say

Dickinson- P- Schroeder, C- Koppinger, 1B- Kovacs, 2B- Ollila, SS- Frenzel, 3B Tomanek, CF- Steffan, LF- Tooley, RF-Wandler? DH- Herauf

Minot- P-Gathman, C- Towery, 1B- Elgie, 2B- Anderson, SS- Horneker, 3B- Martinson, CF- Houston, LF- Steele? RF- Bachmeier, DH- Bollinger

Williston- P- Qvale, C- Richter or Kvernum if he can play, 1B- Sorenson, 2B- Wingerter, SS- Braun, 3B- Colebank?  CF- Egge LF- Laqua, RF- Devlin?

Jamestown- P- Lick, C- Hogan?, 1B- Schoeler, 2B- Tehran, SS- Welding, 3B- Walden?, CF- McPherson, LF- Walden? RF- ?
Last edited by Ming01 on Mon May 28, 2007 8:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ming01
NDPreps Legend

Postby jkaiz » Mon May 28, 2007 6:47 pm

Ming01 wrote:For the 1st games I would say

Dickinson- P- Schroeder, C- Koppinger, 1B- Kovacs, 2B- Ollila, SS- Frenzel, 3B Tomanek, CF- Steffan, LF- Tooley, RF-Wandler? DH- Herauf

Minot- P-Gathman, C- Towery, 1B- Elgie, 2B- Scharpe, SS- Horneker, 3B- Martinson, CF- Houston, LF- Steele? RF- Bachmeier, DH- Bollinger

Williston- P- Qvale, C- Richter or Kvernum if he can play, 1B- Sorenson, 2B- Wingerter, SS- Braun, 3B- Colebank?  CF- Egge LF- Laqua, RF- Devlin?

Jamestown- P- Lick, C- Hogan?, 1B- Schoeler, 2B- Tehran, SS- Welding, 3B- Walden?, CF- McPherson, LF- Walden? RF- ?

that looks alot better than mine
jkaiz

Postby Strike3? » Mon May 28, 2007 8:07 pm

jkaiz wrote:
Ming01 wrote:For the 1st games I would say

Minot- P-Gathman, C- Towery, 1B- Elgie, 2B- Scharpe, SS- Horneker, 3B- Martinson, CF- Houston, LF- Steele? RF- Bachmeier, DH- Bollinger

that looks alot better than mine

I think that Anderson will play 2nd for Minot and Sorenson will pitch for Williston
It's a round ball and a round bat, and you got to hit it square.
Strike3?
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby brownbomber » Mon May 28, 2007 8:09 pm

i think a little man named jeff kazer(sp?) will be in right for dickinson the first game
I am what I am
brownbomber
NDPreps All-State

Postby brownbomber » Mon May 28, 2007 8:12 pm

correction is geoff kazer(sp?)
I am what I am
brownbomber
NDPreps All-State

Next

Return to Class A