New Predictions

Postby GFRR99 » Sun Apr 22, 2007 7:20 pm

After the season just under-way does anyone see any surprising teams or have their rankings different for east and west?
GFRR99
NDPreps All-State

Postby highheat » Mon Apr 23, 2007 2:24 am

no, its still too early. give it another week.
highheat

Postby Willy » Sat Apr 28, 2007 5:33 pm

After a few weeks it would seem the race is wide open with anyone capable of beating anyone in the EDC with the exception of Devils Lake, Valley City, and surprisingly West Fargo. 

I think Wahpeton, Shanley and Central are all surprising people.  Central is the hardest to judge playing only 3 league games, but certainly can beat anyone when Kreis is pitching, and played South very close without him pitching.  Should be a fun season and EDC tourney!
Willy
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby shs01240 » Sat Apr 28, 2007 5:39 pm

Wahpeton is not gonna sneak up on anyone anymore. They won't be overlooked anymore. I see them coolling off pretty soon.
I never blame myself when I'm not hitting. I just blame the bat and if it keeps up, I change bats. After all, if I know it isn't my fault that I'm not hitting, how can I get mad at myself?
-Yogi Berra
shs01240
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby Number7 » Sun Apr 29, 2007 11:04 am

Willy wrote:After a few weeks it would seem the race is wide open with anyone capable of beating anyone in the EDC with the exception of Devils Lake, Valley City, and surprisingly West Fargo

I think Wahpeton, Shanley and Central are all surprising people.  Central is the hardest to judge playing only 3 league games, but certainly can beat anyone when Kreis is pitching, and played South very close without him pitching.  Should be a fun season and EDC tourney!

Do not count out West Fargo yet, they played Red River to two really close games and swept Devils Lake.  In the Fargo North game, Horsager gave up 8 ER and North had 14 hits, dont count on either of those two to happen everyday.  They have also had argueably their best pitcher Tyler Greshik out with a rotator cuff injury.  He is expected to be back this week, and after this weeks game will see how good they really are, but i know they can beat any team in the EDC.
"Pressure makes diamonds"
Number7
NDPreps All-State

Postby GFRR99 » Sun Apr 29, 2007 1:41 pm

Number7 wrote:
Willy wrote:After a few weeks it would seem the race is wide open with anyone capable of beating anyone in the EDC with the exception of Devils Lake, Valley City, and surprisingly West Fargo

Do not count out West Fargo yet, they played Red River to two really close games and swept Devils Lake.  In the Fargo North game, Horsager gave up 8 ER and North had 14 hits, dont count on either of those two to happen everyday.  They have also had argueably their best pitcher Tyler Greshik out with a rotator cuff injury.  He is expected to be back this week, and after this weeks game will see how good they really are, but i know they can beat any team in the EDC.

when west fargos ace gives up 8 er in not even 2 innings i would count west fargo out, that is not excusable. they will for surely not be able to beat south, and i doubt they will be able to beat north or red river either.

this is how i see the edc ending up
1. south
2. north
3. red river
4. shanley
5. whap
6. central
7.west fargo
8. devils lake
9. valley city
i dont think im missing any teams
GFRR99
NDPreps All-State

Postby shs01240 » Sun Apr 29, 2007 3:39 pm

<span class="texteditorenhanced">[user=2655]sportsman20[/user] wrote:
Number7 wrote:
Willy wrote:After a few weeks it would seem the race is wide open with anyone capable of beating anyone in the EDC with the exception of Devils Lake, Valley City, and surprisingly West Fargo. 

when west fargos ace gives up 8 er in not even 2 innings i would count west fargo out, that is not excusable. they will for surely not be able to beat south, and i doubt they will be able to beat north or red river either.

this is how i see the edc ending up
1. south
2. north
3. red river
4. shanley
5. whap
6. central
7.west fargo
8. devils lake
9. valley city
i dont think im missing any teams
</span>

At BEST I see South going into the tournament 4th. Sure they have deep pitching, but the rest of their lineup isn't that impressive. Their 5-9 hitters pose little to no threat and the infield is shaky at best. But with what we learned last year, regular season standings mean absolutely nothing. Keep that in mind.
I never blame myself when I'm not hitting. I just blame the bat and if it keeps up, I change bats. After all, if I know it isn't my fault that I'm not hitting, how can I get mad at myself?
-Yogi Berra
shs01240
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby keepinitreal » Sun Apr 29, 2007 6:51 pm

WF is lucky to only have 3 losses in the conference so far, they dodged a bullet against Shanley earlier in the year, a loss is in their future there.  They didn't do a whole lot of anything against Red River last Thursday from what I saw.  They didn't hit anything and seemed out of it mentally in the field.  I actually saw Sadler almost beat a sharply hit ground ball to 2nd out.  Their stud gives up 8 ER in against top notch EDC competition.  To top it all off their best player is gimping around after a football injury, I don't see much happening there.  On the other hand Central is going to be right around the top 4 with South along with Wahpeton, Shanley, and Red River.  We played South tough both games plus beat Red River in the first game. I feel as we continue to come together as a team we will be playing ball the last weekend of the season!
Last edited by keepinitreal on Sun Apr 29, 2007 6:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
keepinitreal

Postby GFRR99 » Sun Apr 29, 2007 7:20 pm

keepinitreal wrote:WF is lucky to only have 3 losses in the conference so far, they dodged a bullet against Shanley earlier in the year, a loss is in their future there.  They didn't do a whole lot of anything against Red River last Thursday from what I saw.  They didn't hit anything and seemed out of it mentally in the field.  I actually saw Sadler almost beat a sharply hit ground ball to 2nd out.  Their stud gives up 8 ER in against top notch EDC competition.  To top it all off their best player is gimping around after a football injury, I don't see much happening there.  On the other hand Central is going to be right around the top 4 with South along with Wahpeton, Shanley, and Red River.  We played South tough both games plus beat Red River in the first game. I feel as we continue to come together as a team we will be playing ball the last weekend of the season!

north? central hasnt proven anything and will end up at the bottom of the conference. whap has been a fluke and expect them to start losing games again. i agree with shanley red river and south being top 4 but include north, they have experience and depth at pitching whil their bats always keep them in the games as well
GFRR99
NDPreps All-State

Postby Number7 » Mon Apr 30, 2007 5:05 am

keepinitreal wrote:WF is lucky to only have 3 losses in the conference so far, they dodged a bullet against Shanley earlier in the year, a loss is in their future there.  They didn't do a whole lot of anything against Red River last Thursday from what I saw.  They didn't hit anything and seemed out of it mentally in the field.  I actually saw Sadler almost beat a sharply hit ground ball to 2nd out.  Their stud gives up 8 ER in against top notch EDC competition.  To top it all off their best player is gimping around after a football injury, I don't see much happening there.  On the other hand Central is going to be right around the top 4 with South along with Wahpeton, Shanley, and Red River.  We played South tough both games plus beat Red River in the first game. I feel as we continue to come together as a team we will be playing ball the last weekend of the season!

West Fargo is not out of the EDC race by a long shot.  They were terrible hittin in their first three conference games, but really hit the ball well against devils lake.  They should be a top 4 team in the EDC at the end of the year.  Yes, Grant Schmidt is bothered at time my a torn ACL, but he did have four doubles on Sat. at DL with two hitting the fence.  Horsager will not give up 8 ER ever again I will guarantee that, and their defense has struggle a bit, but it is still early and they are fixing it. And when did playing Souith tough count for anything? West Fargo played Red River tough but still lost so I dont see why it matters.  We will learn a lot more this week about everybody in the EDC.
Number7
NDPreps All-State

Postby b-baller » Mon Apr 30, 2007 5:21 am

sportsman20 wrote: north? central hasnt proven anything and will end up at the bottom of the conference. whap has been a fluke and expect them to start losing games again. i agree with shanley red river and south being top 4 but include north, they have experience and depth at pitching whil their bats always keep them in the games as well.

Central at the bottom of the conference?  That's the dumbest thing I've heard.  Did you mean bottom half?

Everyone still sounds confident in their own teams which is good.   Look for "upsets" all year.  

Things will be a lot clearer at the end of this week?  I say things will be a lot clearer after the EDC tournament.
Last edited by b-baller on Mon Apr 30, 2007 7:01 am, edited 1 time in total.
b-baller

Postby keepinitreal » Mon Apr 30, 2007 2:42 pm

Playing South made meant something right after it was important to play Red River to two close games like you said earlier in the thread you nube.  Do everyone a favor and keep your hypocritical comments off this site, unless you start talking up Valley City the other bottom feeder in the conference.
keepinitreal

Postby Number7 » Tue May 01, 2007 11:12 am

keepinitreal wrote:Playing South made meant something right after it was important to play Red River to two close games like you said earlier in the thread you nube.  Do everyone a favor and keep your hypocritical comments off this site, unless you start talking up Valley City the other bottom feeder in the conference.

I said that we played them close earlier in the year but it doesnt mean anything because only wins and loses matter in the standings.  Do not call me a nube when I have far more posts and experience on this site.  You are the biggest idiot on this site, have made multiple hypocritical remarks, and try to talk up central but dont even have the support of central's players.  I know everyone would really appreciate if you stopped all of the cockiness and just gave people solid information, or just stopped posting all together.  But this site isnt for little arguements so I say we need to get back to the topic.

1. GF Red River

2. Fargo North

3. Fargo Shanley

4. West Fargo

5. Fargo South

6. Wahpeton

7. GF Central

8. Devils Lake

9. Valley City
Number7
NDPreps All-State

Postby shs01240 » Tue May 01, 2007 6:06 pm

I will say that I don't want to have to play DL in the first round of the EDC tournament. I predict upset, no matter who they are matched up with.
-Yogi Berra
shs01240
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby eugenedinsmoe » Tue May 01, 2007 6:32 pm

Red River in the east and williston in the west.
eugenedinsmoe

Postby Number7 » Tue May 01, 2007 6:38 pm

shs01240 wrote:I will say that I don't want to have to play DL in the first round of the EDC tournament. I predict upset, no matter who they are matched up with.

Especially going up against Josh Greene on the hill.  I definately agree they could pull an upset round one.
Number7
NDPreps All-State

Postby highheat » Tue May 01, 2007 6:44 pm

josh greene has some control issues he needs to work out. if he figures that out i wouldnt want to be up against devils lake first round either. and number 7, west fargo in forth? yeah right. there is no way south is below them. west fargo in sixth at best.
highheat

Postby keepinitreal » Tue May 01, 2007 7:25 pm

We got drilled tonight in non conference play by Warroad, I'm putting this out there so all you people who I have bothered in the past couple weeks can step away from your girls gone wild infomercials to attempt to slam Central even though these games meant nothing.
keepinitreal

Postby ndman11 » Wed May 02, 2007 3:53 pm

Everyone loves to make perdictions but anything can happen as from what we saw last year. I wouldnt count out anyone, maybe except Valley City because they are new and it will take a while. But Devils Lake and can def hit the ball its just will the pitching be enough.

Gl to all
ndman11
NDPreps Starter

Return to Class A