WDA GAME SCORES AND STORIES

Postby Willy » Sat Apr 14, 2007 7:18 am

Thought it would be a good idea to have a thread for just for WDA game scores and reports.  Please report scores, game reports,  or post newspaper stories about games only!  Please do not use this thread for comments and opinions, just game facts.   There are plenty of other places to post opinions. 
Last edited by Willy on Sat Apr 14, 2007 7:24 am, edited 1 time in total.
Willy
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby Ming01 » Mon Apr 16, 2007 3:42 pm

Century 6 Mandan 5

BHS 3 Dickinson 0
Last edited by Ming01 on Mon Apr 16, 2007 6:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ming01
NDPreps Legend

Postby ndbb » Tue Apr 17, 2007 5:17 pm

Jamestown 7 Mandan 2
Jamestown 8 Mandan 0
ndbb
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby smart source » Tue Apr 17, 2007 5:18 pm

minot- 31 belcourt-0

minot- 43 belcourt-0

minot threw no-hitters in both games
smart source

Postby #50mandan » Tue Apr 17, 2007 5:20 pm

43-0? holy  moly
ill do it
#50mandan
NDPreps Starter

Postby Ming01 » Tue Apr 17, 2007 5:26 pm

SM 6 BHS 2
BHS 1 SM 0
Ming01
NDPreps Legend

Postby dodgerfan » Tue Apr 17, 2007 5:45 pm

y didn't minot pull up their skirt and go for a hondo
dodgerfan

Postby smart source » Tue Apr 17, 2007 5:49 pm

minot didnt try to run up the score they didnt take the extra bases or steal or anything they just got walked about 30 times in the 2 games and had prolly 40some hits....they didnt try to run up the score but you cant just tell you players to go strike out or something
smart source

Postby Number7 » Tue Apr 17, 2007 5:58 pm

smart source wrote:minot didnt try to run up the score they didnt take the extra bases or steal or anything they just got walked about 30 times in the 2 games and had prolly 40some hits....they didnt try to run up the score but you cant just tell you players to go strike out or something

You actually can. 43-0 should never happen when you get up by 20 some very early (and I have seen this done in games) the coach was very smart and had his players bunt the ball to directly to the pitcher. Even 17 or something is extremely embarassing, and i have to say 31 and 43 to 0 is running up the score. Just get it over with for both teams sake.
"Pressure makes diamonds"
Number7
NDPreps All-State

Postby smart source » Tue Apr 17, 2007 6:01 pm

ok then wat happens to the players stats then? some players send there stats to colleges to get recruited so are you just supposed to say well dont pay attention to that bcuz we were up by so much we tried to get out
smart source

Postby Number7 » Tue Apr 17, 2007 6:05 pm

Well their on-base percentages would be through the roof by that point and those outs will not make that big of a difference in a full season's stats.  The good players will still have solid stats at the end of the year, and I mean c'mon I know how important stats and players who want to send them out, but struggle it up for the two conference games on the year against belcourt. They were proably 3-3 after the first inning anyways.  No need to go around embarassing teams that way.
Number7
NDPreps All-State

Postby Saucesauer » Tue Apr 17, 2007 6:07 pm

i have actually seen games where a team has been up by 20-25 and bunted for outs and the other team actually came back and won so i dont know if that is the correct way either
Saucesauer
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby Number7 » Tue Apr 17, 2007 6:11 pm

Saucesauer wrote:i have actually seen games where a team has been up by 20-25 and bunted for outs and the other team actually came back and won so i dont know if that is the correct way either

How old were those kids though? No varsity team will be blowing any leads that big especially with wood bats unless it is belcourt. but I dont see them getting that far ahead.
Number7
NDPreps All-State

Postby power-aid14 » Tue Apr 17, 2007 6:44 pm

Saucesauer wrote:i have actually seen games where a team has been up by 20-25 and bunted for outs and the other team actually came back and won so i dont know if that is the correct way either

you must be talking about football or basketball, becuz that doesnt happen in baseball
flippin idiot
power-aid14
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby NDbaseball » Tue Apr 17, 2007 6:55 pm

Yes, you do tell your kids to go up striking out. There's NO WAY belcourt would come back from a 20 run deficit and we ALL know that. There's a 15 run after 3 rule and I say when your're up by 20 (enough to make sure it ends in 3 innings) you tell your players to strike out, OR to bunt the ball back to the pitcher as stated earlier. It doesn't look good in the stats? Well someone has to get out at some point in the game right? Why not get it over with when you're up by 20? 43-0...show some character Minot.. Running up the score to bring your stats up is absolute BUSH LEAGUE..I don't care what anyone says. Why not get picked off on the bases on purpose then if your so worried about your 'stats'?
Last edited by NDbaseball on Tue Apr 17, 2007 7:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
NDbaseball

Postby Y-not Daily » Tue Apr 17, 2007 7:48 pm

NDbaseball wrote:Yes, you do tell your kids to go up striking out. There's NO WAY belcourt would come back from a 20 run deficit and we ALL know that. There's a 15 run after 3 rule and I say when your're up by 20 (enough to make sure it ends in 3 innings) you tell your players to strike out, OR to bunt the ball back to the pitcher as stated earlier. It doesn't look good in the stats? Well someone has to get out at some point in the game right? Why not get it over with when you're up by 20? 43-0...show some character Minot.. Running up the score to bring your stats up is absolute BUSH LEAGUE..I don't care what anyone says. Why not get picked off on the bases on purpose then if your so worried about your 'stats'?

There isn't a 15-run rule after 3 or it would have been called. Both games were over 15 by the second inning. There was probably 50 combined walks, errors and hit batsmen. I can see both sides of this debate... No one wants to see a huge blowout, but I don't think anyone should be apologizing for playing the game the way it is supposed to be played, i.e. trying to hit the ball and score runs.

I don't think purposely getting outs or trying to get picked off really accomplishes anything either. You can say scoring that many runs is disrespectful to your opponent, but purposely getting outs is disrespectful to the game.

There should definitely be a 15-run rule IMO. Maybe the NDHSAA will take a look at adopting one. 

Y-not Daily

Postby NODAKsportsFAN » Tue Apr 17, 2007 7:54 pm

Both games that Minot and Belcourt played today went all 5 innings. There was no 15 run rule after 3 innings. I personally think that in this situation you do what Minot did. They didn't run up the score, they just kept playing. They didn't take bases on passed balls or try and leg out an extra base. If they would have run up the score they probably could have scored 100. To call a team like Minot bush league is out of line IMO. I feel that not only do they have classy players but they also have classy coaches.

I definately don't agree with going up and striking out on purpose. I think that would be quite bush league.

However, I do feel bad for Belcourt. They have little to no talent on their team at all. Every pitcher they put in today lobbed it to the plate. They couldn't catch fly balls or field ground balls and they definately couldn't hit. More than half of the players looked like they had never swung a bat in their lives. I'm not trying to bash the Belcourt players here, but they need to have some sort of coaching to teach them the fundamentals of baseball. I honestly think if you would put the worst class B team in the state up against Belcourt you would have quite the game.
NODAKsportsFAN

Postby NDbaseball » Wed Apr 18, 2007 3:13 am

Well I apologize then, I thought there was a 15 after 3 rule...If there isn't, they definitely need to look into it...and why hasnt something been done about Belcourt? They get throttled every year, every game. I can't believe kids still go out for baseball over there.
NDbaseball

Postby Ditka14 » Wed Apr 18, 2007 5:20 am

Why doesn't minot just send there JV-2 or somthing, im sure they wouldn't have any trouble leave the whole varsity.
its okay.....
Ditka14
NDPreps All-State

Postby smart source » Wed Apr 18, 2007 8:01 am

ok from the minot daily it says belcourt had 24 errors and walked 28 players what is minot supposed to do?
smart source

Postby squeak63 » Wed Apr 18, 2007 10:31 am

honestly if i were on belcourts team and minot started striking out on purpose or bunting it to the picher i would be embarrased... i would rather have someone play it like its supposed to be played
Academics Athletics Excellence
lost count of how many state championships
squeak63
NDPreps All-State

Postby klg_11 » Wed Apr 18, 2007 10:45 am

sqeak63 wrote:honestly if i were on belcourts team and minot started striking out on purpose or bunting it to the picher i would be embarrased... i would rather have someone play it like its supposed to be played

it would be embarrassing either way, but ya if they are sitting there trying to get out, that would be humiliating too. basically saying here u cant get me out ill just walk to base slowly and try thowing me out. its kind of a lose-lose situation
klg_11

Postby Mr. Me Too » Wed Apr 18, 2007 10:51 am

sqeak63 wrote:honestly if i were on belcourts team and minot started striking out on purpose or bunting it to the picher i would be embarrased... i would rather have someone play it like its supposed to be played

Some of the kids on belcourts baseball team have only played organize baseball 1 or 2 years...Most of the kids you see on belcourts baseball team this year are in it to have something to do...i don't think they honestly care how bad they get beat, they are in it to have fun...but they do have a couple of athletes who are decent for belcourt not gonna name names...but they also did lose 4 players to non-mentionable problems and another player who just didn't wanna join...
-->aMA[z]iNg<--
Mr. Me Too
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby bored122 » Wed Apr 18, 2007 2:49 pm

belcourts team is mostly made up of underclassmen and theres only 5 to 6 upperclass that have had actually playing time from last year.....and for you guys who think that minot was running up the score they werent i seen one of minots player get MAD that he got on base now tell me if thats running up the score...i would also be mad if a team went up and just struck out on purpose i would rather have them play the game like its supposed to be played and let the new kids get some experience and learn from there mistakes....and belcourt really cant do anything when they only had one player from last year who has pitched in a varsity game but doesnt like to pitch due to arm injurys
Last edited by bored122 on Wed Apr 18, 2007 2:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
bored122
NDPreps Reserve

Postby kel20Nd » Thu Apr 19, 2007 2:29 pm

Steve Pletan from Mandan will be out 6-8 months with a really messed up wrist...this is a huge loss for mandan to lose your shortstop and 3 hitter and captain for the season and summer ball. He has a bone in his wrist that is not getting blood flow and the bone is dying and will collapse unless he gets surgery and they have to do a bunch of shoot so blood will go through something like that anyway....but this really hurts mandan with such a young team..He will most likely miss his senior year of football..it diffentely is a sh1tty deal..
Last edited by kel20Nd on Thu Apr 19, 2007 2:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
kel20Nd

Next

Return to Class A