EDC GAME SCORES & STORIES

Postby Number7 » Thu May 03, 2007 5:09 pm

West Fargo "keeps it real" haha and sweeps Central 1-0 and 3-2

Game 1 W- Horsager  L- Kreis

Game 2 W- Ferguson  L- Riopelle
"Pressure makes diamonds"
User avatar
Number7
NDPreps All-State
 
Posts: 778
Joined: Wed Dec 13, 2006 1:31 pm

Postby highheat » Thu May 03, 2007 5:11 pm

ouch. whats up now keepinitreal?
highheat
 

Postby Number7 » Thu May 03, 2007 5:12 pm

highheat wrote:ouch. whats up now keepinitreal?

I doubt he has much to say when their #1 and #2 pitchers go down to the team he was dissing all week.
"Pressure makes diamonds"
User avatar
Number7
NDPreps All-State
 
Posts: 778
Joined: Wed Dec 13, 2006 1:31 pm

Postby shs01240 » Thu May 03, 2007 5:41 pm

<span class="texteditorenhanced">[user=1334]highheat[/user] wrote:
sportsman20 wrote:
dukebbfan12 wrote:
sports4lif3 wrote:mike jones ( shanley freshman ) hits his first of most likely many career bombs against devils lake. the kid can hit

agreed. the kid can mash

does this guy have division 1 baseball potential?

id say its too early to tell.
</span>

It's never to early to speculate on the basis of potential. I have never seen anyone built like him, or with a swing as good as his at that age. He was also clocked as the second fastest person at legion tryouts the other night. So, as of now, D1 is in the cards, but a lot can happen before everything is said and done.
I never blame myself when I'm not hitting. I just blame the bat and if it keeps up, I change bats. After all, if I know it isn't my fault that I'm not hitting, how can I get mad at myself?
-Yogi Berra
User avatar
shs01240
NDPreps All-Conference
 
Posts: 437
Joined: Wed Sep 27, 2006 10:10 am

Postby sports4lif3 » Thu May 03, 2007 5:49 pm

yah not tryin to hype up mike jones too much, but when he is older he will do serious damage
sports4lif3
 

Postby highheat » Thu May 03, 2007 6:43 pm

shs01240 wrote:<span class="texteditorenhanced">[user=1334]highheat[/user] wrote:
sportsman20 wrote:
dukebbfan12 wrote:
sports4lif3 wrote:mike jones ( shanley freshman ) hits his first of most likely many career bombs against devils lake. the kid can hit

agreed. the kid can mash

does this guy have division 1 baseball potential?

id say its too early to tell.
</span>

It's never to early to speculate on the basis of potential. I have never seen anyone built like him, or with a swing as good as his at that age. He was also clocked as the second fastest person at legion tryouts the other night. So, as of now, D1 is in the cards, but a lot can happen before everything is said and done.

exactly why its too early to tell. as of right now, he's a great ball player with a bright future. but a lot can happen between now and his senior year.
highheat
 

Postby keepinitreal » Fri May 04, 2007 2:10 pm

highheat wrote:ouch. whats up now keepinitreal?


What's up right now is that we are struggling to hit the ball.  Ever since the South double header we really haven't done much with the sticks.  Last night we lost both games in the bottom of the 7th, it's not like WF owned us the whole game.  A hit here or there and we come out with two wins.  Our pitching was our strong point once again. Hopefully we get things going the right way tomorrow against VC, and carry it over into next week to steal one or two from North.

 

Closed circuit to Number7: That is the weakest excuse for a goatee I have seen in my life.  Congrats on the win.
keepinitreal
 

Postby Willy » Fri May 04, 2007 3:45 pm

--Grand Forks Red River swept visiting Bemidji 5-4, 9-8 on Thursday. The 8-2 Roughriders scored five runs on just three hits in the opener, with Charlie Miller driving in a pair of runs. In the second game, Eric Meland scored the game-winning run in the bottom of the 10th inning. Meland led off the inning with a walk, was sacrificed to second and scored on an error. Jarrett Galbreath was 3-for-5 and got the pitching win in the nightcap.
Willy
NDPreps All-Conference
 
Posts: 229
Joined: Tue Apr 25, 2006 10:36 am

Postby Willy » Fri May 04, 2007 3:51 pm

West Fargo 1-3,


GF Central 0-2



WEST FARGO - Doubles from Grant Schmidt and Aaron Sanderson gave West Fargo the only run it needed in the bottom of the seventh inning of the first game en route to an East Region doubleheader sweep against Grand Forks Central on Thursday.

Cole Horsager and Jeff Ferguson picked up pitching wins for West Fargo.

Alex Kreis and Joel Riopelle lost for Central, which dropped to 4-7 and hosts Valley City on Saturday.

“We pitched well enough; we played defense well enough; we just didn't get clutch hits,â€Â
Willy
NDPreps All-Conference
 
Posts: 229
Joined: Tue Apr 25, 2006 10:36 am

Postby Willy » Fri May 04, 2007 3:56 pm

Central is 1-4 in league play, losing the 4 games by a total of 5 runs vs South and WF.  
 
Last edited by Willy on Fri May 04, 2007 3:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Willy
NDPreps All-Conference
 
Posts: 229
Joined: Tue Apr 25, 2006 10:36 am

Postby Number7 » Fri May 04, 2007 6:59 pm

keepinitreal wrote:
highheat wrote:ouch. whats up now keepinitreal?


What's up right now is that we are struggling to hit the ball.  Ever since the South double header we really haven't done much with the sticks.  Last night we lost both games in the bottom of the 7th, it's not like WF owned us the whole game.  A hit here or there and we come out with two wins.  Our pitching was our strong point once again. Hopefully we get things going the right way tomorrow against VC, and carry it over into next week to steal one or two from North.

 

Closed circuit to Number7: That is the weakest excuse for a goatee I have seen in my life.  Congrats on the win.

I think you should be more focused on the game and not opposing players facial hair or attempt to refrain from checking me out dirng post-game handshakes.  But as for the goatee, I was trying something a little out of the ordinary to attempt to improve my hitting.  I didnt mean for it to offend anyone or cause a distraction to fans, teammates, opposing players, or umpires.  I was just going for a more rugged look.  I am sorry to the West Fargo baseball team, my teammates, my prom date, and anyone else who I have offended at school or on the field.  I will try to avoid superstitious acts involving uneven thickness of my facial hair from now on.
"Pressure makes diamonds"
User avatar
Number7
NDPreps All-State
 
Posts: 778
Joined: Wed Dec 13, 2006 1:31 pm

Postby keepinitreal » Fri May 04, 2007 7:54 pm

I like your style, at least someone on the site can take a joke and even dish one back.  I was worried however that that little goat was going to fly right off  in the wind last night.  Good luck the rest of your season.
Last edited by keepinitreal on Fri May 04, 2007 7:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
keepinitreal
 

Postby Number7 » Mon May 07, 2007 5:27 pm

Fargo North sweeps Fargo South

Game 1: 1-0  W- Herian  L- Rusch

Game 2: 4-1  W- Hirchert L- Edland
"Pressure makes diamonds"
User avatar
Number7
NDPreps All-State
 
Posts: 778
Joined: Wed Dec 13, 2006 1:31 pm

Postby Willy » Tue May 08, 2007 4:44 am

Andrew Herian was three outs from a no-hitter Monday at Fargo North baseball field.
The North senior settled for a complete-game victory.
Herian tossed a one-hitter to spark the Spartans to a 1-0 victory against Fargo South in Game 1 of an Eastern Dakota Conference doubleheader.
The second game was in progress at press time.
A lefty, Herian played at South until his junior season.
“I kind of had to play with a chip on my shoulder because I used to go there,â€Â
Last edited by Willy on Tue May 08, 2007 4:44 am, edited 1 time in total.
Willy
NDPreps All-Conference
 
Posts: 229
Joined: Tue Apr 25, 2006 10:36 am

Postby highheat » Tue May 08, 2007 7:22 pm

north   7
central 2

north   4
central 1
highheat
 

Postby highheat » Wed May 09, 2007 4:06 am

[font=Times New Roman, Times, serif] Fargo Shanley, West Fargo split
The Forum - 05/09/2007
[/font] [font=Times New Roman, Times, serif] Fargo Shanley and West Fargo split a pair of Eastern Dakota Conference baseball games Tuesday.[/font]
[font=Times New Roman, Times, serif]Eric Jagim 2-for-4 double and pitched a complete game to lead the Deacons to a 3-2 victory in Game 1.[/font]
[font=Times New Roman, Times, serif]In Game 2, Justin Rheault went 3-for-5 to lead West Fargo (6-10, 5-5 EDC) to a 13-0 victory.[/font]
[font=Times New Roman, Times, serif]Shanley (10-6, 7-4 EDC) will play at Wahpeton on Thursday.[/font]
[font=Times New Roman, Times, serif]Shanley 120 000 0– 3 8 1[/font]
[font=Times New Roman, Times, serif]West Fargo 110 000 0– 2 4 1[/font]
[font=Times New Roman, Times, serif]Jagim and Nygaard. Horsager and Schroeder. W–Jagim. L–Horsager (1-3).[/font]
[font=Times New Roman, Times, serif]West Fargo 511 000 6– 13 14 1[/font]
[font=Times New Roman, Times, serif]Shanley 000 000 x– 0 4 3[/font]
[font=Times New Roman, Times, serif]Feist and A. Sanderson. Sand, Kays (3), Deutsch (7) and Nygaard. W–Feist (1-1). L–Sand.[/font]
highheat
 

Postby highheat » Wed May 09, 2007 4:07 am

[font=Times New Roman, Times, serif] Johnson, Sheets go distance for North
The Forum - 05/09/2007
[/font] [font=Times New Roman, Times, serif] Alex Johnson and Justin Sheets each pitched complete games to guide Fargo North to a doubleheader sweep of Grand Forks Central in Eastern Dakota Conference on Tuesday.[/font]
[font=Times New Roman, Times, serif]Tanner Bombenger and Sam Hirchert each had two RBIs to lead the Spartans to a 7-2 victory in Game 1.[/font]
[font=Times New Roman, Times, serif]The Spartans (15-7, 11-3 EDC) will play in the Tyler Eicholtz Memorial tournament this weekend in Fargo.[/font]
[font=Times New Roman, Times, serif]Central 101 000 0– 2 4 1[/font]
[font=Times New Roman, Times, serif]North 213 100 x– 7 7 0[/font]
[font=Times New Roman, Times, serif]Meyer, Marynik (4) and Moe. Johnson, Larson (5) and Bergeron. W–Johnson (3-1). L–Meyer (0-1).[/font]
[font=Times New Roman, Times, serif]Central 001 000 0– 1 5 2[/font]
[font=Times New Roman, Times, serif]North 100 021 x– 4 6 1[/font]
[font=Times New Roman, Times, serif]Riopelle and Nelson. Sheets and Bergeron. W–Sheets (3-0). L–Riopelle (0-2).[/font]
highheat
 

Postby Number7 » Wed May 09, 2007 4:30 am

highheat wrote:[font=Times New Roman, Times, serif]Fargo Shanley, West Fargo split
The Forum - 05/09/2007
[/font] [font=Times New Roman, Times, serif]Fargo Shanley and West Fargo split a pair of Eastern Dakota Conference baseball games Tuesday.[/font]
[font=Times New Roman, Times, serif]Eric Jagim 2-for-4 double and pitched a complete game to lead the Deacons to a 3-2 victory in Game 1.[/font]
[font=Times New Roman, Times, serif]In Game 2, Justin Rheault went 3-for-5 to lead West Fargo (6-10, 5-5 EDC) to a 13-0 victory.[/font]
[font=Times New Roman, Times, serif]Shanley (10-6, 7-4 EDC) will play at Wahpeton on Thursday.[/font]
[font=Times New Roman, Times, serif]Shanley 120 000 0– 3 8 1[/font]
[font=Times New Roman, Times, serif]West Fargo 110 000 0– 2 4 1[/font]
[font=Times New Roman, Times, serif]Jagim and Nygaard. Horsager and Schroeder. W–Jagim. L–Horsager (1-3).[/font]
[font=Times New Roman, Times, serif]West Fargo 511 000 6– 13 14 1[/font]
[font=Times New Roman, Times, serif]Shanley 000 000 x– 0 4 3[/font]
[font=Times New Roman, Times, serif]Feist and A. Sanderson. Sand, Kays (3), Deutsch (7) and Nygaard. W–Feist (1-1). L–Sand.[/font]

both were conference games
"Pressure makes diamonds"
User avatar
Number7
NDPreps All-State
 
Posts: 778
Joined: Wed Dec 13, 2006 1:31 pm

Postby GFRR99 » Wed May 09, 2007 4:32 pm

Number7 wrote:
highheat wrote:[font=Times New Roman, Times, serif]Fargo Shanley, West Fargo split
The Forum - 05/09/2007
[/font] [font=Times New Roman, Times, serif]Fargo Shanley and West Fargo split a pair of Eastern Dakota Conference baseball games Tuesday.[/font]
[font=Times New Roman, Times, serif]Eric Jagim 2-for-4 double and pitched a complete game to lead the Deacons to a 3-2 victory in Game 1.[/font]
[font=Times New Roman, Times, serif]In Game 2, Justin Rheault went 3-for-5 to lead West Fargo (6-10, 5-5 EDC) to a 13-0 victory.[/font]
[font=Times New Roman, Times, serif]Shanley (10-6, 7-4 EDC) will play at Wahpeton on Thursday.[/font]
[font=Times New Roman, Times, serif]Shanley 120 000 0– 3 8 1[/font]
[font=Times New Roman, Times, serif]West Fargo 110 000 0– 2 4 1[/font]
[font=Times New Roman, Times, serif]Jagim and Nygaard. Horsager and Schroeder. W–Jagim. L–Horsager (1-3).[/font]
[font=Times New Roman, Times, serif]West Fargo 511 000 6– 13 14 1[/font]
[font=Times New Roman, Times, serif]Shanley 000 000 x– 0 4 3[/font]
[font=Times New Roman, Times, serif]Feist and A. Sanderson. Sand, Kays (3), Deutsch (7) and Nygaard. W–Feist (1-1). L–Sand.[/font]

both were conference games

looks like sand got lit up, so much for being the top pitcher in the edc..ouch
User avatar
GFRR99
NDPreps All-State
 
Posts: 612
Joined: Wed Mar 07, 2007 2:55 pm
Location: Fargo, , USA

Postby ndman11 » Wed May 09, 2007 4:56 pm

sportsman20 wrote:
Number7 wrote:
highheat wrote:[font=Times New Roman, Times, serif]Fargo Shanley, West Fargo split
The Forum - 05/09/2007
[/font] [font=Times New Roman, Times, serif]Fargo Shanley and West Fargo split a pair of Eastern Dakota Conference baseball games Tuesday.[/font]
[font=Times New Roman, Times, serif]Eric Jagim 2-for-4 double and pitched a complete game to lead the Deacons to a 3-2 victory in Game 1.[/font]
[font=Times New Roman, Times, serif]In Game 2, Justin Rheault went 3-for-5 to lead West Fargo (6-10, 5-5 EDC) to a 13-0 victory.[/font]
[font=Times New Roman, Times, serif]Shanley (10-6, 7-4 EDC) will play at Wahpeton on Thursday.[/font]
[font=Times New Roman, Times, serif]Shanley 120 000 0– 3 8 1[/font]
[font=Times New Roman, Times, serif]West Fargo 110 000 0– 2 4 1[/font]
[font=Times New Roman, Times, serif]Jagim and Nygaard. Horsager and Schroeder. W–Jagim. L–Horsager (1-3).[/font]
[font=Times New Roman, Times, serif]West Fargo 511 000 6– 13 14 1[/font]
[font=Times New Roman, Times, serif]Shanley 000 000 x– 0 4 3[/font]
[font=Times New Roman, Times, serif]Feist and A. Sanderson. Sand, Kays (3), Deutsch (7) and Nygaard. W–Feist (1-1). L–Sand.[/font]

both were conference games

looks like sand got lit up, so much for being the top pitcher in the edc..ouch

His def and the bats did not help him out, this does not resemble the type of pitcher he is.
ndman11
NDPreps Starter
 
Posts: 75
Joined: Sat Sep 09, 2006 9:11 pm

Postby shs01240 » Wed May 09, 2007 5:29 pm

<span class="texteditorenhanced"><span class="texteditorenhanced">[user=929]ndman11[/user] wrote:
sportsman20 wrote:
Number7 wrote:
highheat wrote:[font=Times New Roman, Times, serif]Fargo Shanley, West Fargo split
The Forum - 05/09/2007
[/font] [font=Times New Roman, Times, serif]Fargo Shanley and West Fargo split a pair of Eastern Dakota Conference baseball games Tuesday.[/font]
[font=Times New Roman, Times, serif]Eric Jagim 2-for-4 double and pitched a complete game to lead the Deacons to a 3-2 victory in Game 1.[/font]
[font=Times New Roman, Times, serif]In Game 2, Justin Rheault went 3-for-5 to lead West Fargo (6-10, 5-5 EDC) to a 13-0 victory.[/font]
[font=Times New Roman, Times, serif]Shanley (10-6, 7-4 EDC) will play at Wahpeton on Thursday.[/font]
[font=Times New Roman, Times, serif]Shanley 120 000 0– 3 8 1[/font]
[font=Times New Roman, Times, serif]West Fargo 110 000 0– 2 4 1[/font]
[font=Times New Roman, Times, serif]Jagim and Nygaard. Horsager and Schroeder. W–Jagim. L–Horsager (1-3).[/font]
[font=Times New Roman, Times, serif]West Fargo 511 000 6– 13 14 1[/font]
[font=Times New Roman, Times, serif]Shanley 000 000 x– 0 4 3[/font]
[font=Times New Roman, Times, serif]Feist and A. Sanderson. Sand, Kays (3), Deutsch (7) and Nygaard. W–Feist (1-1). L–Sand.[/font]

both were conference games

looks like sand got lit up, so much for being the top pitcher in the edc..ouch

His def and the bats did not help him out, this does not resemble the type of pitcher he is.
</span>

S*** happens. Sometimes a team has your number.</span>
Last edited by shs01240 on Wed May 09, 2007 5:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I never blame myself when I'm not hitting. I just blame the bat and if it keeps up, I change bats. After all, if I know it isn't my fault that I'm not hitting, how can I get mad at myself?
-Yogi Berra
User avatar
shs01240
NDPreps All-Conference
 
Posts: 437
Joined: Wed Sep 27, 2006 10:10 am

Postby JR » Wed May 09, 2007 6:22 pm

shs01240 wrote:<span class="texteditorenhanced"><span class="texteditorenhanced">[user=929]ndman11[/user] wrote:
sportsman20 wrote:
Number7 wrote:
highheat wrote:[font=Times New Roman, Times, serif]Fargo Shanley, West Fargo split
The Forum - 05/09/2007
[/font] [font=Times New Roman, Times, serif]Fargo Shanley and West Fargo split a pair of Eastern Dakota Conference baseball games Tuesday.[/font]
[font=Times New Roman, Times, serif]Eric Jagim 2-for-4 double and pitched a complete game to lead the Deacons to a 3-2 victory in Game 1.[/font]
[font=Times New Roman, Times, serif]In Game 2, Justin Rheault went 3-for-5 to lead West Fargo (6-10, 5-5 EDC) to a 13-0 victory.[/font]
[font=Times New Roman, Times, serif]Shanley (10-6, 7-4 EDC) will play at Wahpeton on Thursday.[/font]
[font=Times New Roman, Times, serif]Shanley 120 000 0– 3 8 1[/font]
[font=Times New Roman, Times, serif]West Fargo 110 000 0– 2 4 1[/font]
[font=Times New Roman, Times, serif]Jagim and Nygaard. Horsager and Schroeder. W–Jagim. L–Horsager (1-3).[/font]
[font=Times New Roman, Times, serif]West Fargo 511 000 6– 13 14 1[/font]
[font=Times New Roman, Times, serif]Shanley 000 000 x– 0 4 3[/font]
[font=Times New Roman, Times, serif]Feist and A. Sanderson. Sand, Kays (3), Deutsch (7) and Nygaard. W–Feist (1-1). L–Sand.[/font]

both were conference games

looks like sand got lit up, so much for being the top pitcher in the edc..ouch

His def and the bats did not help him out, this does not resemble the type of pitcher he is.
</span>

S*** happens. Sometimes a team has your number.</span>

S*** does happen... Sand is probabaly the 2nd best pitcher that we have seen besides kreis but i think we just came out swinging the bats and it happens sometimes.. you cant knock a kid down for just one bad game...
"Contact Is King"
JR
NDPreps Starter
 
Posts: 63
Joined: Tue Jan 23, 2007 11:35 am

Postby sports4lif3 » Wed May 09, 2007 6:33 pm

word
sports4lif3
 

Postby baseball30 » Wed May 09, 2007 7:11 pm

What are the up-to-date east standings right now?
baseball30
 

Postby JR » Wed May 09, 2007 7:13 pm

baseball30 wrote:What are the up-to-date east standings right now?





EDC

Team
Wins
Losses

GF Red River
8
2

Fargo North
11
3

Fargo Shanley
7
4

Fargo South
7
4

Wahpeton
5
3

West Fargo
5
5

GF Central
1
6

Devils Lake
1
8

Valley City
0
10
"Contact Is King"
JR
NDPreps Starter
 
Posts: 63
Joined: Tue Jan 23, 2007 11:35 am

PreviousNext

Return to Class A

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest