brownbomber
NDPreps All-State

Postby Mauer07 » Fri Apr 13, 2007 10:08 am

ya Dickinson is look to repeat and also im sure Minot should be good also
You can't measure the heart of a champion
Mauer07
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby squeak63 » Fri Apr 13, 2007 10:13 am

bismark would have the best team but they have to split into 2 teams... the only reason they do this is to keep the freshmen in the program.... on that i say we need a sophmore freshmen division in baseball!!! have 1 JV game which is right before the varsity game and then have JV players sit on the bench for the varsity games like any other sport... the only thing is some schools might now have enough guys
Academics Athletics Excellence
lost count of how many state championships
squeak63
NDPreps All-State

Postby Strike3? » Fri Apr 13, 2007 5:03 pm

sqeak63 wrote:bismark would have the best team but they have to split into 2 teams... the only reason they do this is to keep the freshmen in the program.... on that i say we need a sophmore freshmen division in baseball!!! have 1 JV game which is right before the varsity game and then have JV players sit on the bench for the varsity games like any other sport... the only thing is some schools might now have enough guys

How do you have a JV game before Varsity? JV game would be at like 2 and thats missing quite a bit of school. Also would varsity only play a single game or a doubleheader still? And i know if I was JV i wouldnt wanna play a game, then sit and watch the varsity for 2 more games. Just my opinion.
It's a round ball and a round bat, and you got to hit it square.
Strike3?
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby highheat » Fri Apr 13, 2007 6:42 pm

Strike3? wrote:
sqeak63 wrote:bismark would have the best team but they have to split into 2 teams... the only reason they do this is to keep the freshmen in the program.... on that i say we need a sophmore freshmen division in baseball!!! have 1 JV game which is right before the varsity game and then have JV players sit on the bench for the varsity games like any other sport... the only thing is some schools might now have enough guys

How do you have a JV game before Varsity? JV game would be at like 2 and thats missing quite a bit of school. Also would varsity only play a single game or a doubleheader still? And i know if I was JV i wouldnt wanna play a game, then sit and watch the varsity for 2 more games. Just my opinion.

in that situation, the varsity would only play one game or else theyd be playing into the late hours of the night. beyond that though, the way it is now (varsity plays two games at the main site, jv plays 2 games at second site) is the way it should be. more games being played and more players getting better by playing more.
highheat

Postby Strike3? » Sat Apr 14, 2007 8:00 am

highheat wrote:
Strike3? wrote:

in that situation, the varsity would only play one game or else theyd be playing into the late hours of the night. beyond that though, the way it is now (varsity plays two games at the main site, jv plays 2 games at second site) is the way it should be. more games being played and more players getting better by playing more.
Agreed, well said.
It's a round ball and a round bat, and you got to hit it square.
Strike3?
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby Number7 » Sun Apr 15, 2007 7:14 am

I'm not sure how they do it out west. but a great deal of the EDC schools have freshman teams even though they are not sanctioned by NDHSAA and it can cost around $100 per season to play. I know North and South even have 8th grade teams and the 9th grade teams have their own league and a tournament towards the end of the year. And on other note I totally agree with keeping the current system, it gets the most kids involved in the time available.
"Pressure makes diamonds"
Number7
NDPreps All-State

Postby allstar23 » Mon Apr 16, 2007 7:12 pm

bismarck jv white team took one from dickinson today...and i think the other bismarck team beat minot once
allstar23

Postby squeak63 » Tue Apr 17, 2007 10:24 am

all i really was tryin to say is that there needs to be another division in baseball i dont really care if its sophmore of even freshmen but i know its happend in our program that freshmen (who may or may not be able to blossem into good players) have been cut mostly becasue there are better sophmores and juniors that are going to play JV. Now if we would have a freshmen Division those players get to play instead of being cut and losing hope for the next years
squeak63
NDPreps All-State

Postby Willy » Tue Apr 17, 2007 10:37 am

It would be nice not to cut any freshmen, but I don't think MOST schools have the funding or enough kids to support three teams.  Availability of fields for games and practices would be a problem too. 
Last edited by Willy on Tue Apr 17, 2007 10:41 am, edited 1 time in total.
Willy
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby squeak63 » Thu Apr 19, 2007 10:03 am

Willy wrote:It would be nice not to cut any freshmen, but I don't think MOST schools have the funding or enough kids to support three teams.  Availability of fields for games and practices would be a problem too. 

very true i think funding would be the biggest thing for bus trips and such
squeak63
NDPreps All-State

Postby Orr4 » Sat Apr 21, 2007 8:11 pm

Don't forget about Williston's JV. They aren't doing too bad this year.
Life is a Game, Hockey is Serious
Orr4
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby Keanu Reeves » Mon Apr 30, 2007 11:25 am

Dickinson is good for being alot of freshman
Brillo heads are funny
Keanu Reeves
NDPreps Reserve

Postby BoSox through and through » Fri May 04, 2007 7:20 pm

ok i know who you are and you have no idea wat the heck you are saying! they are good but they are young and when it comes to the WDA tourney they will be missing a few key players and will have to play very well to win it...many teams have a great chance to do good things in the tourney
BoSox through and through
NDPreps Reserve

Postby brownbomber » Thu May 17, 2007 5:01 pm

who do you think will win wda for jv?

Last edited by brownbomber on Thu May 17, 2007 5:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I am what I am
brownbomber
NDPreps All-State

Postby BoSox through and through » Thu May 17, 2007 6:00 pm

Bismarck High or Dickinson
BoSox through and through
NDPreps Reserve

Postby hockey4life » Fri May 18, 2007 10:25 am

Williston has a pretty good team they might be in the running for it.
hockey4life
NDPreps Starter

Postby MHSfan » Sun May 20, 2007 6:11 pm

Minot's grey team won it after beating Biamarck's jv team.  Minot's other jv team played BHS for 11 innings in the semi's and BHS came out on top.
"You miss 100% of all shots you don't take."
Wayne Gretzky
MHSfan
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby allstar23 » Thu May 24, 2007 9:54 am

those were both great games
allstar23

Return to Class A