Senior college signings

Postby b-baller » Sun Apr 08, 2007 5:15 pm

Which North Dakota seniors have signed to play baseball in college and where?
b-baller

Postby baseball1981 » Sun Apr 08, 2007 5:18 pm

b-baller wrote:Which North Dakota seniors have signed to play baseball in college and where?
im a class b guy so all i know of is anthony fontana & tanner lorenz are goin to iowa western....haha :D sorry...isint there a player in class a going somewhere down in iowa.?
Last edited by baseball1981 on Sun Apr 08, 2007 5:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
baseball1981

Postby Willy » Sun Apr 08, 2007 6:03 pm

Kreis could have gone to Iowa Central or Muscatine but signed with Jamestown College.
Willy
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby baseball1981 » Sun Apr 08, 2007 6:05 pm

Willy wrote:Kreis could have gone to Iowa Central or Muscatine but signed with Jamestown College.
Iowa Central is a good school, why didnt he go there?
baseball1981

Postby shs01240 » Sun Apr 08, 2007 6:05 pm

<span class="texteditorenhanced">[user=627]Willy[/user] wrote:
Kreis could have gone to Iowa Central or Muscatine but signed with Jamestown College.
</span>

Good choice, because he doesn't strike me as a big-time D1 guy. He should fit in well there. Best of luck.
I never blame myself when I'm not hitting. I just blame the bat and if it keeps up, I change bats. After all, if I know it isn't my fault that I'm not hitting, how can I get mad at myself?
-Yogi Berra
shs01240
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby Willy » Sun Apr 08, 2007 6:52 pm

Jamestown is an excellent college also.
Last edited by Willy on Sun Apr 08, 2007 6:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Willy
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby baseball1981 » Sun Apr 08, 2007 6:54 pm

Willy wrote:

i dont think it matches up with iowa central or muscatine, colleges that get players drafted into the pros, a good nd school though haha if thats sayin much
baseball1981

Postby FargoHottie15 » Sun Apr 08, 2007 8:49 pm

Fargo North DH/P AJ Johnson will be walking-on to Bemidji State
FargoHottie15
NDPreps Starter

Postby Willy » Mon Apr 09, 2007 6:26 am

i dont think it matches up with iowa central or muscatine, colleges that get players drafted into the pros, a good nd school though haha if thats sayin much

There are a lot of considerations besides baseball when picking a college (education for example).  It might be easier getting noticed in Iowa, especially by D-Is, but if you are good enough, the pros will find you no matter where you go.  Good idea to get that degree.  Jamestown is an excellent college.
Last edited by Willy on Mon Apr 09, 2007 8:42 am, edited 1 time in total.
Willy
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby Number7 » Mon Apr 09, 2007 6:37 am

Billy Sholl from Fargo South committed to NDSU
"Pressure makes diamonds"
Number7
NDPreps All-State

Postby InTheKnow » Thu Apr 12, 2007 6:58 am

baseball1981 wrote:
Willy wrote:

It is not like Iowa Central and Muscatine are heavily drafted every year. There are AT MOST 5 players drafted each year out of the ICCAC (Division I or DII). Usually around 2 and are players from Puerto Rico. It is not that big of a hot bed for players. The California JUCOs, thats a different story.

The education is the most important thing and finding the right fit for you and your family. If you are a good enough player the scouts will find you. College coaches in the area are in communication with the scouts enough as well as independent pro teams like Fargo to, at the worst, get them a tryout. A good tryout may not get them signed with that team but could get them signed with someone else that has a need for that position. The draft is funny. I know two guys who were told by scouts (one after their only national pre draft tryout camp, and one called by a scout the morning of day 2) that they WILL be drafted. The call never came. So just the idea that you MIGHT be drafted is not even close yet to being signed. Thats why the education is so important!
InTheKnow
NDPreps All-State

Postby baseball30 » Fri Apr 13, 2007 2:37 pm

I heard that UND is going to drop their baseball program when they make the transfer to Division I..is this true?

Also, do you think if they do no drop their program, do you think they will be a legit DI-AA team or will they just get pounded...
baseball30

Postby b-baller » Fri Apr 13, 2007 2:46 pm

NCC teams have never been threat nationally in Division II.  It will only get worse in Division I.  So far it is only speculation about UND dropping baseball.
b-baller

Return to Class A