Top EDC Pitchers

Postby highheat » Sun Mar 18, 2007 3:42 pm

since the west got its own thread for it, i figured the east could get its own. lets try to keep the bashing to a minimum and be serious, i dont want to hear "sophomore such and such will be a stud because he was the babe ruth teams stud last summer"
highheat

Postby shs01240 » Sun Mar 18, 2007 3:46 pm

There are 0 studs. Just a bunch of guys who are capable of great starts every once in a while. For their team's sake, hopefully they get hot at tournament time.
I never blame myself when I'm not hitting. I just blame the bat and if it keeps up, I change bats. After all, if I know it isn't my fault that I'm not hitting, how can I get mad at myself?
-Yogi Berra
shs01240
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby b-baller » Mon Mar 19, 2007 5:55 am

After an outstanding Legion season, Kreis at Central has to be considered the top pitcher in the east.  Like Corella said in another thread, his Ks and ERA should be very good, but W-L record will depend on a lot of new faces on a young Central team.  Tim Rude at South may have a breakout season, and Horsehager at WF should be solid as well. 

North, South, WF, and RR all have about equal depth with 3-4 decent starters.  Not much depth at Central, Shanley, DL, VC, or Wahp.
b-baller

Postby NDSU17 » Tue Mar 20, 2007 9:32 am

alex bergeron and anthony schutz are top pitchers in the edc
NDSU17
NDPreps Reserve

Postby Ming01 » Tue Mar 20, 2007 9:32 am

NDSU17 wrote:alex bergeron and anthony schutz are top pitchers in the edc

who?
Ming01
NDPreps Legend

Postby highheat » Tue Mar 20, 2007 10:21 am

theyre both from north. bergeron pitched a lot on varsity last year. schutz never got a chance to play varsity but he pitched a few games for the legion team.
highheat

Postby GFRR99 » Wed Mar 21, 2007 4:03 pm

first off does tim rude pitch? and if he does is he any good? and also is andrew herian gonna win many games this year?
GFRR99
NDPreps All-State

Postby highheat » Wed Mar 21, 2007 4:13 pm

yes tim rude pitches. pitched as a sophomore and he pitched last year as well. if he stays in control and his curve is on, he'll be one of the best pitchers in the state.
highheat

Postby shs01240 » Wed Mar 21, 2007 5:30 pm

<span class="texteditorenhanced">[user=2655]sportsman20[/user] wrote:
first off does tim rude pitch? and if he does is he any good? and also is andrew herian gonna win many games this year?
</span>

I think Herian logged some innings on a North team that was definitely not lacking in the pitching dept. last season. With that experience, he'll get one of the first "shots" at becoming the "ace" of that squad. It'll be interesting to see who really steps up for North on the mound, as they have a bunch of guys that I see either really stepping it up, or becoming duds. No one on this team has any experience being the go-to guy on a varsity squad, so it'll be interesting to see how they handle the pressure.
I never blame myself when I'm not hitting. I just blame the bat and if it keeps up, I change bats. After all, if I know it isn't my fault that I'm not hitting, how can I get mad at myself?
-Yogi Berra
shs01240
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby dodgerfan » Wed Mar 21, 2007 6:43 pm

Alex Bergeron gave up 3 bombs in one inning last summer against us, i think Tim Rude, Alex Kreis i think?, Max Rusch will all be pretty good this year, idk who else is good from the east for pitching.
dodgerfan

Postby baseballislife » Thu Mar 22, 2007 5:55 am

Max Rusch will be a solid pitcher for south, so will Jake Edland. North will have Herian and Alex Bergeron. Shanley will have Sand and Jagim. Who will be some main guys for Central and Red River? 
baseballislife

Postby Baller » Thu Mar 22, 2007 5:58 am

Josh Greene for DL...just no one else to back him up.
"I'm going to take my ball and go home!"
Baller
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby baseballislife » Thu Mar 22, 2007 6:20 am

isnt that mertens kid ok? and how is kries gonna do?
baseballislife

Postby shs01240 » Thu Mar 22, 2007 6:22 am

baseballislife wrote:isnt that mertens kid ok? and how is kries gonna do?

Kries is tough.  His success will depend on his defense though.  Last year Central's defense was suspect at times.
-Yogi Berra
shs01240
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby baseballislife » Thu Mar 22, 2007 12:09 pm

but then you have to ask how they won state and what are teams starting rotations looking like
baseballislife

Postby Ming01 » Mon Mar 26, 2007 6:03 pm

anybody know what central has for pitching?
Ming01
NDPreps Legend

Postby Timmay07 » Mon Mar 26, 2007 6:15 pm

not much fron last year. Kreis, Danny Meyer, Joel Riopelle, adam marynik, alex moe maybe.
Timmay07
NDPreps Starter

Postby ghetto*revival » Wed Mar 28, 2007 5:07 am

luke fritz from shanley put in alot of work in the offseason he might not be shanleys ace but he is deff a good pitcher
ghetto*revival

Postby ttime262 » Thu Mar 29, 2007 4:58 pm

south should have a solid pitching staff this year with rude, rusch,edland, kingsley, and sorenson
ttime262

Postby baseballislife » Sat Mar 31, 2007 8:06 pm

i think kingsley and sorenson are questionable but who is this kid from shanley?
baseballislife

Postby Number7 » Sun Apr 01, 2007 10:01 am

baseballislife wrote:i think kingsley and sorenson are questionable but who is this kid from shanley?

His name is lucas fritz but he has never been anything above an average pitcher and I dont think anything will change this year
"Pressure makes diamonds"
Number7
NDPreps All-State

Postby GFRR99 » Sun Apr 01, 2007 10:41 am

Number7 wrote:
baseballislife wrote:i think kingsley and sorenson are questionable but who is this kid from shanley?

His name is lucas fritz but he has never been anything above an average pitcher and I dont think anything will change this year

i doubt lucas fritz will win more than 2 games this year, hes not good.  he is defintaly a below average pitcher and should get lit up by the good teams this year
GFRR99
NDPreps All-State

Postby baseballislife » Sun Apr 01, 2007 2:09 pm

wow i c so who does south have then in their starting rotation
baseballislife

Postby highheat » Sun Apr 01, 2007 2:16 pm

tim rude, max rusch, jake edlund and then probably kingsley and sorenson in relief
highheat

Postby Mashpuppy » Sun Apr 01, 2007 2:53 pm

sorenson has looked really good so far, wouldn't be suprised if he's up near the top of a few pitching categories, fastball is decent and his curve is droppin off the map.....also u have to throw billy sholl in the mix now, he is south's projected closer going into the year..hasn't pitched since sophomore year, but he still can bring it

also look for sophomore zach noriega to get some innings, lot of potential
Mashpuppy
NDPreps Reserve

Next

Return to Class A