Top EDC Pitchers

Postby NDSUGrad » Fri Apr 20, 2007 6:29 am

0 ER dosen't sound right, but yes very good numbers.

NDSUGrad
NDPreps Starter

Postby Spoof_Team » Thu Apr 26, 2007 4:07 pm

shs01240 wrote:There are 0 studs. Just a bunch of guys who are capable of great starts every once in a while. For their team's sake, hopefully they get hot at tournament time.

What about Sand or Jagim from Shanley, shs? I've seen Sand and he's probably the best SP in the EDC. (my opinion) Jagim is only a sophomore- he's well on the way to stud status.
Spoof_Team
NDPreps Starter

Postby shs01240 » Fri Apr 27, 2007 6:29 am

Spoof_Team wrote:
shs01240 wrote:There are 0 studs. Just a bunch of guys who are capable of great starts every once in a while. For their team's sake, hopefully they get hot at tournament time.

What about Sand or Jagim from Shanley, shs? I've seen Sand and he's probably the best SP in the EDC. (my opinion) Jagim is only a sophomore- he's well on the way to stud status.

Spoof Team, Stud = Tom Ebert, Jake Landry, and Nick Tweiten. I know for a fact that you have never seen any of them pitch. If you had, you would've wet yourself.
I never blame myself when I'm not hitting. I just blame the bat and if it keeps up, I change bats. After all, if I know it isn't my fault that I'm not hitting, how can I get mad at myself?
-Yogi Berra
shs01240
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby Central208 » Fri Apr 27, 2007 10:31 am

I think you guys from Fargo only think that Fargo schools are in the EDC and I'm gonna remind you of Alex Kries from GFC. He might not be a stud but has the best overall stuff Fastball, Curve, Change. His Fastball is a good 83-85 roughly.
Last edited by Central208 on Fri Apr 27, 2007 10:33 am, edited 1 time in total.
Central208
NDPreps Reserve

Postby highheat » Fri Apr 27, 2007 9:18 pm

kreis is easily one of the best pitchers in the state this year. last year he tried to over power with his fastball which only lasted so long and then he had to start using his curve to be effective. im sure both pitches have improved to this year.
highheat

Postby GFRR99 » Sat Apr 28, 2007 12:22 pm

has anyone been pitching good for north?
GFRR99
NDPreps All-State

Postby sen_scrub » Wed May 02, 2007 8:51 pm

Yes. Herian has been doing great in EDC games. Bergeon kinda struggled right away but is now starting to step it up. Hirchert had a great start against west fargo and some other good relief opportunities. And surprisingly AJ Johnson has really been performing well on the mound. Also J Sheets has been holding his own on the mound this year also
sportsman20 wrote:has anyone been pitching good for north?
sen_scrub
NDPreps Rookie

Postby Spoof_Team » Thu May 03, 2007 6:27 am

shs01240 wrote:
Spoof_Team wrote:

Spoof Team, Stud = Tom Ebert, Jake Landry, and Nick Tweiten. I know for a fact that you have never seen any of them pitch. If you had, you would've wet yourself.

I'm just saying- he's on the way to being possibly one of the elite pitchers in ND by the time he graduates.
Spoof_Team
NDPreps Starter

Postby sen_scrub » Thu May 03, 2007 9:15 am

I agree Sand is a very good starting pitcher and Jagim will be a serious threat when he is a senior. As a soph he basically shut down north
sen_scrub
NDPreps Rookie

Postby sports4lif3 » Thu May 03, 2007 5:59 pm

sen_scrub wrote:I agree Sand is a very good starting pitcher and Jagim will be a serious threat when he is a senior. As a soph he basically shut down north

he still makes mistakes by leaving pitches out over the plate. lost control their for a bit against north too.
Last edited by sports4lif3 on Thu May 03, 2007 6:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
sports4lif3

Postby highheat » Thu May 03, 2007 6:40 pm

sports4lif3 wrote:
sen_scrub wrote:I agree Sand is a very good starting pitcher and Jagim will be a serious threat when he is a senior. As a soph he basically shut down north

he still makes mistakes by leaving pitches out over the plate. lost control their for a bit against north too.

him losing control was all the hitters doing. they managed to take jagim out of his rythme and he failed to do anything about it (for example: hit the kid who is taking too long in between pitches). what he should have done was take control of the pace back from the hitters.  he managed to get out of whatever inning that was because of some poor mental mistakes at the plate.
highheat

Postby sportsguy54 » Fri May 04, 2007 2:29 pm

who else does shanley have?
sportsguy54
NDPreps Rookie

Postby teddybear » Sat May 05, 2007 5:53 pm

How about a mid season update on the top1-2 (or more) pitchers on each team in the EDC.  List record, innings pitched, and ERA in conference games that count in the standings. 
teddybear
NDPreps Reserve

Postby teddybear » Sat May 05, 2007 5:55 pm

teddybear wrote:How about a mid season update on the top1-2 (or more) pitchers on each team in the EDC.  List record, innings pitched, and ERA in conference games that count in the standings. 
Throw in strike outs too.
teddybear
NDPreps Reserve

Postby Number7 » Mon May 07, 2007 5:49 pm

teddybear wrote:
teddybear wrote:How about a mid season update on the top1-2 (or more) pitchers on each team in the EDC.  List record, innings pitched, and ERA in conference games that count in the standings. 
Throw in strike outs too.

Well for West Fargo, Josh Ferguson 2-0  14 inn. 0.50 ERA ? K   Luke Steckler 0-2  12 inn.  1.80 ERA ?K  Cole Horsager 1-1 11? inn.  3.50? ERA ?K  Justin Feist 0-1 5 inn. 2.80? ERA ?K not exactly sure on some stats but thats pretty accurate
"Pressure makes diamonds"
Number7
NDPreps All-State

Previous

Return to Class A