2007 WDA and EDC Predictions

Postby smart source » Wed Mar 14, 2007 8:17 am

i keep hearing this stuff about this nygaard guy but if hes so good why havnt i ever heard of him b4? i find it hard to believe he is in the same class as say andy sadler
smart source

Postby Saucesauer » Wed Mar 14, 2007 9:39 am

ghetto*revival wrote:i think shanley is gonna be a darkhorse team this year no one thinks they will go anywhere but with the stellar batting of dave nygaard not to mention hes a wall behind the plate and if your thinkin about stealing a base on ol' davey you better think again cuz u will be OUT

I guarentee everyone on this site that 1 yes 1 batter will get shanly outta the EDC and into state!!!

wow
Saucesauer
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby shs01240 » Wed Mar 14, 2007 12:33 pm

I would put Nygaard up there with any catcher in the East. Defensively and offensively. Not saying he's better than sadler, but he is one of the better ones. The reason you probably haven't heard of him is he didn't play half the season last year. when he did play he hit like .385.
Last edited by shs01240 on Wed Mar 14, 2007 12:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I never blame myself when I'm not hitting. I just blame the bat and if it keeps up, I change bats. After all, if I know it isn't my fault that I'm not hitting, how can I get mad at myself?
-Yogi Berra
shs01240
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby smart source » Wed Mar 14, 2007 1:21 pm

catching is a lot more than hitting there are plenty of guys that can his .380 ish the people that separate themselves are the guys that are solid defensivly that still can put up that .380 number
smart source

Postby JR » Wed Mar 14, 2007 2:03 pm

Not on this topic at all... but are they going to allow pintar or any other batting adheisive this year because nobody that i have talked to has any knowledge to what the answer to that question is..
"Contact Is King"
JR
NDPreps Starter

Postby highheat » Wed Mar 14, 2007 2:27 pm

JR wrote:Not on this topic at all... but are they going to allow pintar or any other batting adheisive this year because nobody that i have talked to has any knowledge to what the answer to that question is..

not sure on that either but my boss is an umpire and he might know so ill ask him to see.
highheat

Postby kel20Nd » Wed Mar 14, 2007 5:32 pm

Saucesauer wrote:
ghetto*revival wrote:i think shanley is gonna be a darkhorse team this year no one thinks they will go anywhere but with the stellar batting of dave nygaard not to mention hes a wall behind the plate and if your thinkin about stealing a base on ol' davey you better think again cuz u will be OUT

I guarentee everyone on this site that 1 yes 1 batter will get shanly outta the EDC and into state!!!

wow
If i remember he was Fargo's 3rd stringer i believe shockman and bergearon we gettting most of the time behind the dish.
kel20Nd

Postby MHSfan » Wed Mar 14, 2007 5:41 pm

JR wrote:Not on this topic at all... but are they going to allow pintar or any other batting adheisive this year because nobody that i have talked to has any knowledge to what the answer to that question is..

I couldn't see the problem with using pine tar.  Summer baseball didn't have any rules on it, but that probably doesn't matter anyways.
"You miss 100% of all shots you don't take."
Wayne Gretzky
MHSfan
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby highheat » Wed Mar 14, 2007 6:15 pm

the only problem i see with the pine tar is the kids who try to use as much as they can because they think it looks cool, and most of the time, those are the kids that use it improperly.
highheat

Postby sports4lif3 » Thu Mar 15, 2007 4:36 am

shs -  culd you please explain how nygaard is actually a very soild defensive catcher and would very possible be the best one in the east if he put forth the effort/mindset
sports4lif3

Postby shs01240 » Thu Mar 15, 2007 6:46 am

sports4lif3 wrote:shs -  culd you please explain how nygaard is actually a very soild defensive catcher and would very possible be the best one in the east if he put forth the effort/mindset

If Nygaard had his head on straght he would be hands down the best catcher in the East.  The difficulty in describing how good a catcher is defensively isn't an easy task to do without someone witnessing it in person.  In playing with Dave my entire life, I will say he is the most efficient blocker i have seen on a regular basis, and is repected enough that few ever try to steal on him.  Thats the only info I can provide without people being able to see him in person.  Out of all the catchers i have pitched with, he by far calls the best game (pitches).  Thats my experience and i am sure few will agree.
I never blame myself when I'm not hitting. I just blame the bat and if it keeps up, I change bats. After all, if I know it isn't my fault that I'm not hitting, how can I get mad at myself?
-Yogi Berra
shs01240
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby purple haze » Thu Mar 15, 2007 6:49 am

Bill Ibach instituted politics (or just sheer stupidity)  into the post #2 organization and it became a problem for numerous players including Nygaard. 
purple haze
NDPreps Rookie

Postby ghetto*revival » Thu Mar 15, 2007 8:02 am

look out for eric jagim hes gonna turn some heads o and ben sand i would appreciate if you didnt slander my name around school and nygaard your not even good anyway so quit paying people to talk you up i shouldnt have took that money to say that earlier im sorry my fellow prepers
Last edited by ghetto*revival on Thu Mar 15, 2007 8:05 am, edited 1 time in total.
ghetto*revival

Postby highheat » Thu Mar 15, 2007 12:15 pm

where are they posted?
highheat

Postby Ming01 » Thu Mar 15, 2007 6:04 pm

bismarck tribune

[font=Arial]State

1. Minot. 2. Fargo South. 3. Grand Forks Red River. 4. Century. 5. Fargo North.

West Region

1. Minot. 2. Century. 3. Dickinson. 4. St. Mary's. 5. Williston. 6. Bismarck. 7. Mandan. 8. Jamestown. 9. Beulah. 10. Turtle Mountain.

East Region

1. Fargo South. 2. Grand Forks Red River. 3. Fargo North. 4. West Fargo. 5. Fargo Shanley. 6. Grand Forks Central. 7. Devils Lake. 8. Wahpeton. 9. Valley City.[/font]

[font=Arial]personally I have no idea how williston is that high... why would coaches put them ahead of bhs?[/font]
Last edited by Ming01 on Thu Mar 15, 2007 6:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ming01
NDPreps Legend

Postby Saucesauer » Thu Mar 15, 2007 6:11 pm

Question how is Red RIver so high and nobody has said a word about them on here yet
Saucesauer
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby highheat » Thu Mar 15, 2007 6:32 pm

Saucesauer wrote:Question how is Red RIver so high and nobody has said a word about them on here yet

you must not read very well. there hasnt been much said, but if you go back to when nyyanks made that long post, he went fairly in depth about them and theres been some other little posts by other people.
highheat

Postby GFRR99 » Fri Mar 16, 2007 4:29 pm

i predict north higher than red river along with wf too. wf has good pitching in horsager and north has some good pitchers with bergeron and schutz, the only good thing ive seen out of red river is sadler. supposedly north's nick pederson can hit pretty good and same with eric flacksbarth
GFRR99
NDPreps All-State

Postby GFRR99 » Fri Mar 16, 2007 4:35 pm

also "shs" is ben sand or whatever his name is right? or maybe nygaard? cause all he talks about is how good these two are and how there gonna be the best players in the state
GFRR99
NDPreps All-State

Postby shs01240 » Fri Mar 16, 2007 7:08 pm

<span class="texteditorenhanced">[user=2655]sportsman20[/user] wrote:
also "shs" is ben sand or whatever his name is right? or maybe nygaard? cause all he talks about is how good these two are and how there gonna be the best players in the state
</span>

Where do you get off calling people out like that. Most of the people in the baseball thread know who i am already, yet throwing out names like that is completely unnecessary. I have never talked myself UP, only defended my teammates and tried to save face when ridiculous posts are made about them and myself. I think anyone can respect that.
-Yogi Berra
shs01240
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby GFRR99 » Sat Mar 17, 2007 7:55 am

well maybe now that everyone knows that "shs" is BEN SAND, you'll stop bragging yourself up
GFRR99
NDPreps All-State

Postby highheat » Sat Mar 17, 2007 8:03 am

i think the only time he's ever deliberately talked himself up was when the 15 year old babe ruth thing came up and he said he threw pretty hard for that age. im sure if somebody wrote a malicious statement about you, youd defend yourself too.
highheat

Postby sports4lif3 » Sat Mar 17, 2007 8:42 am

wow sportsman - shs has never bragged about himself on here, so dont go callin anyone out
sports4lif3

Postby ndfan » Sat Mar 17, 2007 12:07 pm

[user=2655]sportsman20[/user] wrote:
well maybe now that everyone knows that "shs" is BEN SAND, you'll stop bragging yourself up

Alright lets get this back on to topic, whether or not he's talking himself up or not thats not what the topic is about. People need to watch how they talk about themselves and team on here because criticism can come with it. So just go back to to topic and if ya got a problem with it let me know.
Matt Houdek. @ndfan55
ndfan
NDPreps Legend

Postby shs01240 » Sat Mar 17, 2007 12:38 pm

<span class="texteditorenhanced">[user=1334]highheat[/user] wrote:
Saucesauer wrote:Question how is Red RIver so high and nobody has said a word about them on here yet

you must not read very well. there hasnt been much said, but if you go back to when nyyanks made that long post, he went fairly in depth about them and theres been some other little posts by other people.
</span>

I know i have said it before, but i have a difficult time seeing Red River living up to that ranking. Where's the pitching? It's gonna be hard to replace potter and spies.
-Yogi Berra
shs01240
NDPreps All-Conference

PreviousNext

Return to Class A